Anyone doing Excelsior College's LPN-RN program?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1351 to 1400 of 1456)
Page:  « First « Previous   25  26  27  28  29  30  Next »   Last »

ctcpete in Brick, New Jersey

20 months ago

imgladitsover in Cape Coral, Florida said: i dont think i got your email so send it again to crazycool8@yahoo.com

I sent it again did you get it? Maybe went to your spam folder? I sent it Tues at 9:46 am.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kyoung79 in Spring Hill, Florida

20 months ago

LPN in Port Richey, Florida said: I am an LPN working for Baycare and went to a Baycare educational fair and spoke to a representative with Career Learning Center and they use excelsior for testing. Has anyone used this as an LPN to RN avenue? Especially any other Baycare employees?

Hi I am an an LPN going through Excelsior for my RN. I am waiting to start the FCCA part. It has taken me about 7 months to do all the nursing test. It is very doable if you are self motivated. I found that since I am a Home Health LPN that it was fairly easy, since I see everything lol. I did all my prereqs at PHCC and ST pete. If you have any ? Kristieyoung79@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ItsJustClaire in New Haven, Michigan

20 months ago

JOBLESS in Taunton, Massachusetts said: I agree clinical contact with patients is so important and more realistic. I have nothing against nurses who continue with online education but you miss the learning experience of 1:1 anyone can be book smart and get all A's but when reality hits and your on the floor with someone who is in flash pulmonary edema hands on and clinical experience ARE A BIG ASSET!!!!!!!!!!

Most EC students are EXPERIENCED nurses already. How many times have you witnessed a BSN from a traditional school on the floor who is absolutely clueless? As for their clinicals - they follow the instructor around and never actually 'do' any hands on. As an LPN I can already run circles around them, can't wait for CPNE to PROVE it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ItsJustClaire in New Haven, Michigan

20 months ago

Kay in Schenectady, New York said: A school with that many complaints and which gives you no assessment skills should not be charging 2ooo bucks. A BSN programs have you on the floor for a full day for a month! This allows you see many different types of skills and patients needing different levels of care

Kay - why are you on this forum if you aren't interested in doing the EC program? Any program has complaints - EC is NOT easy and can be very, very hard depending on your experience. As in my last post, most EC students are EXPERIENCED nurses already who can run circles around those b/m BSN students. And do you think the respiratory techs and paramedics who are doing the program have never 'listened to lung sounds' or had experience in emergency situations? IMHO they will make better nurses than the straight through community college grads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

20 months ago

Could not agree more , 26 yrs before rn i was an lpn had to repeat cpne because of nerves, had rn one month later, i teach, 100, 000 $ a yr and counting thanks EC, AND my daughter graduated medical school, there is a GOD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

ctcpete in Brick, New Jersey

20 months ago

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York said: Could not agree more , 26 yrs before rn i was an lpn had to repeat cpne because of nerves, had rn one month later, i teach, 100, 000 $ a yr and counting thanks EC, AND my daughter graduated medical school, there is a GOD

Congrats on your success and your daughter's you should be proud as I'm sure you are. I've been thinking of leaving this forum but things have become more civil thank goodness.

There is room for disagreement of course.

I'm doing LS1 on Friday. Wish me luck, no, on 2nd thought "break a leg". Ha ha.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

20 months ago

Keep practicing and timing yourself, have introductory statement, rationals, the 10 c/plans thst ec suggest, grid, narratives, etc memorized if u can write this info down on a blank piece of paper u are ready, if u need help send me a private email, i am innew york

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

20 months ago

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York said: Keep practicing and timing yourself, have introductory statement, rationals, the 10 c/plans thst ec suggest, grid, narratives, etc memorized if u can write this info down on a blank piece of paper u are ready, if u need help send me a private email, i am innew york

Good luck , google up Let's conquer cpne beast for furthrr encouragement also, look on u tube for free videos,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kjnsweets@yahoo.com

19 months ago

No one has answered the question... How long does it take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JOBLESS in Taunton, Massachusetts

19 months ago

Sorry I can't help you never did the program but there are alot of nurses on that site that have done it. Keep looking good-luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

19 months ago

What was the question, i do not know BUT if u are asking how long it takes to finish program it all depends on how many gen ed credits u already have, if u have to take just nursing courses 6 months to a year along with the clinicals

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Didi in Carrollton, Georgia

19 months ago

Linda in Muskegon, Michigan said: DeeDee619-just call me if you need more info on the workshop--check out the website, my # is posted there---cpne of michigan---we will talk soon. Linda

Is there a workshop in Atlanta area for cpne. I am taking the skills test 2for fourth time due to hard ship . I need help I have study guide 101 what else specifically can I go to. Help didi wants to finish. Also what does the fcca involve I don't know anything about it and how long it takes what I need for it etc. I just need help with life skills 2 fcca and cpne in detail. Please someone help me I have to be done before July if possible Email me at Mandyhm@bellsouth.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Didi in Carrollton, Georgia

19 months ago

Linda in Muskegon, Michigan said: DeeDee619-just call me if you need more info on the workshop--check out the website, my # is posted there---cpne of michigan---we will talk soon. Linda

Is there a workshop in Atlanta area for cpne. I am taking the skills test 2for fourth time due to hard ship . I need help I have study guide 101 what else specifically can I go to. Help didi wants to finish. Also what does the fcca involve I don't know anything about it and how long it takes what I need for it etc. I just need help with life skills 2 fcca and cpne in detail. Please someone help me I have to be done before July if possible Email me at Mandyhm@bellsouth.net. I'm a person who needs details not just get this book and study lol. Can anyone help me please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

GayleTraver@aol.com in West Des Moines, Iowa

19 months ago

Annie in Palm Harbor, Florida said: I've just completed the nursing classes and I am waiting for my clinical date. I live in Florida and there is no problem. An RN is an RN and as long as you pass your Boards you are an RN. I've enquired about becoming a travelling nurse in most states (not CA and NY as I'm not interested) and there is no problem.
Hope this helps.

Hey Ann, could you e-mail me so I could ask you some questions about the program? I am thinking about doing it but scared to death.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GayleTraver@aol.com in West Des Moines, Iowa

19 months ago

Annie in Palm Harbor, Florida said: I've just completed the nursing classes and I am waiting for my clinical date. I live in Florida and there is no problem. An RN is an RN and as long as you pass your Boards you are an RN. I've enquired about becoming a travelling nurse in most states (not CA and NY as I'm not interested) and there is no problem.
Hope this helps.

Hey Ann, could you e-mail me so I could ask you some questions about the program? I am thinking about doing it but scared to death. Gayletraver@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GayleTraver@aol.com in West Des Moines, Iowa

19 months ago

Can anyone that has completed the Excelsior Program and passed the clinicals e-mail me? I am wanting to do it but would just like to talk with someone that has done it. Thanks.

Gayletraver@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

karrikon@yahoo.com in Fletcher, North Carolina

18 months ago

annamaria32 in Denver, Colorado said: I agree. I just started the program and find it to be mostly review from LPN school here in Denver. The cost is reasonable and you don't have to miss work to attend classes. I also check with CA board of nursing. Once you have a year of experience as an RN, you can get a license there. There are alot of loopholes you can use to get around these things. You can also get a temp license in CA and once you have experience, you're good.

Did you ever end up passing Excelsior or going to California to work? I need to hear from some folks, because I am a native Californian, working as an LPN in NC. I am thinking about Excelsior and want to eventually go back to California, but only if they accept the Excelsior grads. Help Please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MT100 in San Francisco, California

18 months ago

Amy in Saint Cloud, Minnesota said: I just recently graduated and passed my boards as an LPN. I have talked with Excelsior and I am just wondering if there is anybody who has done the program and is working as an RN. I am curious how many people are doing this route.
If this is something that you have done I would greatly appreciate a response letting me know how it went and if you are working as an RN now.

How much does this cost and how long will it take to finish the school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MT100 in San Francisco, California

18 months ago

How much does it take to finish the program and how long does it take? What about the clinical house,how do the school arrange the clinical?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

18 months ago

6 mo to a year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

18 months ago

karrikon@yahoo.com in Fletcher, North Carolina said: Did you ever end up passing Excelsior or going to California to work? I need to hear from some folks, because I am a native Californian, working as an LPN in NC. I am thinking about Excelsior and want to eventually go back to California, but only if they accept the Excelsior grads. Help Please!

Calif. Do not accept ec grads

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Derek in Lawrenceville, Georgia

18 months ago

You guys are AWESOME! I personally plan to study to become an LPN first then move on to RN! I was suggested to check out www.lpnonlineclass.com and it has been very helpful so far. I think after I pass my test and get my LPN license my life will totally change for the better. By the way is the transition from LPN-RN hard?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

RRT to RN in Tallahassee in Tallahassee, Florida

18 months ago

Dee Dee, have you looked into Sherry Taylor's CPNE Workshop in Atlants? I hear good things, but also to take the practice CPNE from Excelsior.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RRT to RN in Tallahassee in Tallahassee, Florida

18 months ago

Annie,
I am an RRT in Florida taking Excelsior for RN. Pretty straightforward and IMHO, pretty easy for the Nursing Theory Exams. I am doing 1 every month to 6 weeks. I am a little concerned, however, about the Focused Clinical Competency Assessment since RRT does not do entire body. I plan on seeing if I can audit some local community college assessments. Also there are tons of videos on You Tube. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

RRT to RN in Tallahassee in Tallahassee, Florida

18 months ago

Imgladitsover,
I have seen you post on other forums, and thank you! I am in Tallahassee and am an RRT taking ECC RRT-RN. Hope to be done with Theory courses by August and then FCCA and the CPNE - woot! Did you take Sherry Taylor's CPNE practice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

featherz in Upstate, New York

18 months ago

Just saw this topic - I graduated from Regents/Excelsior (was Regents College back then) 25 years ago (!!!!). Now I feel old -- although I was only about 20 then.

Passed the CPNE on my first try. From what I see on the boards, the CPNE has not changed all that much except to incorporate newer skills and technology. The basic format is still the same.

Have been an RN for all those years and have never run into any difficulties finding or keeping a position - even in California, where I was licensed loooong before they decided not to take EC grads.

EC is not a scam and has produced many great nurses, including my manager who completed both the ASN and BSN with EC and is now moving on to become an NP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Katy, Texas

17 months ago

scotty in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: thanks for responding. please contact me at blib777@hotmail.com

I am an LVN in Houston- have been for 14 yrs. I am looking into starting RUE. I have read plenty of negative comments on line but would like to know if it has even a positive experience for anyone??? I work full time and I am a mother. I need flexibility. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Jen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

karrikon@yahoo.com in Hendersonville, North Carolina

17 months ago

Don't do RUE! Go straight thru excelsior. You would be paying extra money for nothing. Tehy aren't even affiliated with Excelsior! IT's like a tutoring program, not an actual degree program. Just apply directly to Excelsior because they grant degrees and Rue does not!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

karrikon@yahoo.com in Hendersonville, North Carolina

17 months ago

featherz in Upstate, New York said: Just saw this topic - I graduated from Regents/Excelsior (was Regents College back then) 25 years ago (!!!!). Now I feel old -- although I was only about 20 then.

Passed the CPNE on my first try. From what I see on the boards, the CPNE has not changed all that much except to incorporate newer skills and technology. The basic format is still the same.

Have been an RN for all those years and have never run into any difficulties finding or keeping a position - even in California, where I was licensed loooong before they decided not to take EC grads.

EC is not a scam and has produced many great nurses, including my manager who completed both the ASN and BSN with EC and is now moving on to become an NP.

So you would recommend it? My aunt did this program back in 1988, also 25 yrs ago in California, when it was Regents and Cali accepted it. She also passed on first attempt. She was just a school nurse back then, so she did not work in LTC like me. I am considering taking it. I live in NC now and want to move back to Cali again one day. So, if you think it was a good program, I will consider it. I have already been accepted. California will only accept it once you have experience in the field in your state that it's accepted in. You cannot do the program anymore while living in California.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ctcpete in Brick, New Jersey

17 months ago

Hi Jen, I'm not sure what RUE is but they are not affiliated with EC. Nor is College Network. College Network has you sign a contract lots of $, when you can buy their stuff on e bay cheap from other students who where roped in. Do not sign any contracts. You only need the EC text books which they tell you to buy depending on the class, in some cases your old LPN books may work.

Talk with an EC adviser..or check in to the all nurses forum there is an Excelsior section there.

Good luck. The program is doable. I'm an LPN and am towards the end..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ctcpete in Brick, New Jersey

17 months ago

ctcpete in Brick, New Jersey said: Hi Jen, I'm not sure what RUE is but they are not affiliated with EC. Nor is College Network. College Network has you sign a contract lots of $, when you can buy their stuff on e bay cheap from other students who where roped in. Do not sign any contracts. You only need the EC text books which they tell you to buy depending on the class, in some cases your old LPN books may work.

Talk with an EC adviser..or check in to the all nurses forum there is an Excelsior section there.

Good luck. The program is doable. I'm an LPN and am towards the end..

Jen here's the link.. the best EC forum I've found so far..
allnurses.com/excelsior-college-online/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

imgladitsover in Cape Coral, Florida

17 months ago

People PLEASE PLEASE dont be fooled by the college network. They are an independent third party company that simply charges you an additional $20,000 or so just to sign you up with Excelsior and make you pay for all the books and classes anyway. They serve no other purpose and I cant beleive they are not illegal for what they do. Call Excelsior college yourself and do the few phone calls and paperwork that they send you. I finished with Excelsior and am working as an RN in a hospital. I am in Florida and Excelsior is accepted there. I have, however, heard that there are a few states that you will have a problem with, and California was one of them. Its a good program if you cant go to college and do the bridge program, but that is about it. The clinicals at the end are ridiculous and out of my four friends that have done the program, two of us passed the first time, and two failed the first time. It is costly and non-refundable at about $3000.00 you will spend on air fare, hotel, and food. And from what i have been told, they are making the clinicals even harder. If you do choose the program, dont bother to do the clinicals without going to a reputable workshop because the $500 or so you think you don't have for the program, will appear after you fail and have to spend another $2500.00 on the clinicals again and won't want to fail twice. Lynn's workshop, that you will see, is not worth the time or money. She is about packing a large group into a conference room and getting through it as fast as she can to get home early on Sunday. If you try to ask questions you will be chastized and blown off as you will be cutting into her time. My friend found someone who used to work for Excelsior as a clinical examiner but retired and holds classes out of Atlanta. If it wasnt for her i wouldnt have passed, but she is the one who said she may not be teaching it for much longer because they are getting ridiculous and failing people for things that they shouldn't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ctcpete in Brick, New Jersey

17 months ago

imgladitsover, I have e mailed you a few times in the last few months to your yahoo e mail, haven't heard back. I wanted to know which workshop in Atlanta you are referring to. Is it Sheri Taylor's?

And good advice, I'll be starting FCCA in July after LS3 is conquered (knock wood). The CPNE has me anxious to say the least. Seems to be pretty random and not too standardized. I will take a work shop and I will practice my butt off.

Good advice on College Network. They actually came to my LPN school to give a pitch. Several students signed up. I figured them out quick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maryannm81 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

17 months ago

Has anyone graduated Excelsior recently and found work as an RN or had difficulty? I recently enrolled and I have noticed help wanted postings lately are requesting school transcripts in order to be hired ; has anyone encountered this and is there a bias against Excelsior vs local community grads? Thank you any info greatly appreciated ...I think it is a fine program but I need to put food on the table and if no one is hiring Excelsior grads ...well I don't want tmake a mistake that will prevent me from being hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RRT to RN in Tallahassee in Tallahassee, Florida

17 months ago

IGIO (Imgladitsover) Can you share your friend's contact in Atlanta? It is not Sherry Taylor is it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

17 months ago

ctcpete in Brick, New Jersey said: imgladitsover, I have e mailed you a few times in the last few months to your yahoo e mail, haven't heard back. I wanted to know which workshop in Atlanta you are referring to. Is it Sheri Taylor's?

And good advice, I'll be starting FCCA in July after LS3 is conquered (knock wood). The CPNE has me anxious to say the least. Seems to be pretty random and not too standardized. I will take a work shop and I will practice my butt off.

Good advice on College Network. They actually came to my LPN school to give a pitch. Several students signed up. I figured them out quick.

There is a workshop in miami small classes Cpneboot camp the bedt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

17 months ago

RRT to RN in Tallahassee in Tallahassee, Florida said: IGIO (Imgladitsover) Can you share your friend's contact in Atlanta? It is not Sherry Taylor is it?

Cpnebook camp in miami is very good

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ctcpete in Brick, New Jersey

17 months ago

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York said: Cpnebook camp in miami is very good

Never heard of that one, thanks. I'm looking at next fall for CPNE, will be doing FCCA this summer, both classes at once.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nakole in Augusta, Georgia

16 months ago

Hi, I just heard about Excelsior College's LPN to RN program and was trying to find more information on them (outside of just their website). How much did each course cost you? How much were exam fees? etc. Is there a set price for the CPNE? I keep reading different posts about different prices and whatnot so I'm just a little confused. Any other information that you may have or may be willing to offer would be great! Thanks! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ctcpete in Brick, New Jersey

16 months ago

Nakole in Augusta, Georgia said: Hi, I just heard about Excelsior College's LPN to RN program and was trying to find more information on them (outside of just their website). How much did each course cost you? How much were exam fees? etc. Is there a set price for the CPNE? I keep reading different posts about different prices and whatnot so I'm just a little confused. Any other information that you may have or may be willing to offer would be great! Thanks! :)

Sign up at Allnurses.com, good site, there is a section on Excelsior with lots of old posts. I would also sign up for the 2 yahoo groups and read old messages. This site has a lot of negative posts (I've read all pages) that in many cases may be misleading. I don't have the prices etc available right now. I think that if you take the practice tests and the exam for each test the total is around $350 maybe. CPNE is like $3k now I'm guessing..if you fail you pay again, fail 3X and you are done.

You can contact an adviser, if you went to LPN school within 5 years they may drop one required course. Pre reqs I clepped. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nursing spouse in Clackamas, Oregon

15 months ago

My Dh graduated from Excelsior 2 yrs ago.
He has been working as an RN since then.
For 1 year in Crappyville Florida.
Then we stared traveling too a 13 week contract in Fort Lauderale.
Then we came to Portland Oregon. DH had done almost 3 contracts here.

We have been trying to get a CA license. DH just got told we can not get this through the Ca nursing board.

We have to contact the person that has his file and find out why we can not get a nursing license in CA:( We have been waitng for months and months now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

15 months ago

California does not acknowledge excelsior grads

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DeeDee619 in San Diego, California

15 months ago

I would like to know if anyone has recently completed the Excelsior College nursing program, and have gotten the California Board of Registered Nursing to allow them to get their licensed in endorsed into the state of California recently? If so what procedures did you have to undergo to get things handled.
Thanks,
Dee
nurse_dee619@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

klhahl in Chagrin Falls, Ohio

14 months ago

Wow, just, wow. I completed my degree last month, and I vowed to try and help improve Excelsiors reputation, which has led me here. Ive been an LPN for 20 years, and actually started RN prereqs at a local comm college right out of high school (I went to vocational high school for my LPN). Well, a good job, with good pay and you know, life happens. Fast forward 15 years and I still only had about 4 classes total under my belt. I hated sitting in a class room, people learn at different rates and in different ways, I just couldn't sit there. Im a great independent learner, so I looked at Excelsior, which a friend had completed for her RN. It seemed a good option, and with all the negative reviews, I was alittle nervous, but heres what I focused on. The School of Nursing is Fully Accredited, by the top two accrediting agencies for nursing programs. It has also been awarded a center of Excellence in nursing education by one of those agencies. That to me spoke louder that the bad reviews. So I joined up. If not really motivated to complete the program, it will take you longer. I finished in 3 years and really took my time, and really, one year was consumed by the final clinical. The program is not easy, the clinical is Very challenging, but 100% doable. They give you a blueprint to pass the test, its up to you to Learn and Practice everything you will be tested on, they clearly state that the content outlined is the Minimal competency required to pass the exam as a graduate RN, you Must be able to perform these skills flawlessly. Heres what Ive found after graduating. I am twice the competent and confident nurse I was. The skills I learned through EC are invaluable. People who say you don't get clinical experience are incorrect, you are performing all the clinical competencies that a graduate nurse is responsible to perform. People who say this is a scam, were likely just unsuccessful and angry. EC was a wonderful experience, one I am continuing with RN-MSN. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kyoung79 in Spring Hill, Florida

14 months ago

I am glad to hear you passed. I am going to Atlanta on the 23rd. I am so excited :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

14 months ago

You ar e 100% correct, you get out of it what u put iin, fellow graduate, congrats on your future endeavord

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

14 months ago

DeeDee619 in San Diego, California said: I would like to know if anyone has recently completed the Excelsior College nursing program, and have gotten the California Board of Registered Nursing to allow them to get their licensed in endorsed into the state of California recently? If so what procedures did you have to undergo to get things handled.
Thanks,
Dee
nurse_dee619@yahoo.com

California does not endorse ec graduates, it is the only state that doesn't

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

karrikon@yahoo.com in Hendersonville, North Carolina

14 months ago

apparently, you can complete Exccelsior in another state, gain experience and come back to California. My aunt is from California and did it back when the program was Regents and accepted in the state. I just started Excelsior and plan to return to California one day. I urge you to call Ca board of nursing to double-check

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ctcpete in Brick, New Jersey

14 months ago

Thanks for the encouraging post klhahl, I needed that. And congratulations.

Re the post on what states accept EC, there is some recent messages on the EC board regarding Delaware, anyone there may want to check on it, sounds like they are trying to get students tested out by the end of the year..

Midway through FCCAs, seeing the end if I get through clinicals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

klhahl in Chagrin Falls, Ohio

14 months ago

Thanks guys. I encourage anyone whos uncertain to check out the CPNE facebook pages like "Lets Conquer the CPNE Beast Together" you will see every weekend people posting their "I Passed" photos and comments, also many pages on studying together, a mentoring page. See for yourselves. Its being done every weekend by people who are well prepared, its so motivating. Ever Upward!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   25  26  27  28  29  30  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.