Anyone doing Excelsior College's LPN-RN program?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 1450)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Lucius in Atlanta, Georgia

63 months ago

Bill in San Clemente, California said: it's not because they're trying to discourage people, it's because they've experienced what they had to go through...did you even think about whether or not their state accepted the school's clinical hours or other requirements such as RN practice hours for different states? Those determine whether or not a different state will accept all the classes that EC has provided. I don't think you should shut them up just because you've had a better experience.

Bill,

I really have to ask you, did you read Sean and Monique's comments? They ARE trying to discourage people from enrolling in the Excelsior. And that is their right, I just commented on how many times they did it. One is enough to voice your opinion,feelings,anger or whatever. If you look at Monique's comments she specifically says (paraphasing) on several occassions "I wouldn't encourage anyone to do that program!" That sounds like discouragement to me. You are though, people should contact their state board of nursing to find out if they accept Excelsior students. Some states have certain conditions that have to be met before you can sit for the Nclex or endorse into the state. There are a few states that do not accept Excelsior, but most states do. Oh yeah, even if California doesn't accept Excelsior, you can still work at any Federal Facility. The California board of nursing "does not have any authority at all" over any Federal medical facility. I have study partner who informed me that you fell under the lvn grandfather clause (have to have graduated from a course before the ban) in "California" if you graduate from Excelsior you can sit for the nclex.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Simeon in San Clemente, California said: i agree that there is certainly some deception involved in this program...expecially the RN-AA degree.

one of the EC reps i've spoken with provided me with false information regarding being an EC grad trying to endorse into California, where i am currently located, through the CA nursing board by case. the rep has told me that after graduating i would need to take the NCLEX-RN within another state, and the only possible way to endorse is through practicing in another state to gain certain practice hours, or work in a CA federal hospital like the VA.

Well, those information were also FALSE! I have contacted the CA Nursing Board and have found out that they do NOT accept ANY graduate from EC, and they do NOT make exceptions as I was informed!!! I was shocked and taken a-back!

Folks, if you are an LVN/LPN, just go through either the community college programs OR the private programs...those will benefit you...however, it is not to say that there are on-line programs out there that do not work...there are...but I suggest you RESEARCH all possible RN-AA/BSN on-line programs out there!

MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR FACTS FROM FINE LINE DECEPTIONS...and if the representative you're speaking to is very friendly...and maybe he/she seems TOO friendly...that's your RED-FLAG!!! Do NOT sign any contracts!!!

Simeon,

Are you saying that you were told that you could not work at a VA hospital in California if you graduated from Excelsior? You said "Do NOT sign any contracts!!!" who were you talking about? Are you saying Excelsior wanted you to sign a contract with them? I am just trying to get a clear understand of what you are trying to say. I have never been asked to sign a contract with Excelsior, are you talking about the TCN or somebody else? I am still in the military (army reserves now), my unit use to drill at the VA hospital Atlanta,GA. So, clarify for me please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

itsjustclaire

63 months ago

MyStudyGroup101, it will fill the gaps from Lisa Arends & Medstrong. When I study Lisa Arends ...alone will get you a "C" at the bare minimum. ... MSG101 covered some things Lisa Arends didn't and using them together I made an "A" on NC6. Using only Lisa Arends will pass all of the exams, but with MSG101 and Medstrong will definitely pass all of them(If you study hard & smart)..

I would highly recommend mystudygroup101 www.studygroup101.com for all the EC stuff. It's really complete and printable and I've passed everything so far with A's and B's. You can get it on CD or download for less than $10. Lisa's is hard to navigate and there's too many passwords and you can't print half of it so I just don't use them and the Medstrong stuff is FREE from yahoo groups.

itsjustclaire

63 months ago

There are several CPNE Workshops that you can attend - one is Lynn's - www.clinicalprepexam.com - they seem to get good results for most students. And you can get a dvd www.robscpne.com Also check out yahoo groups 'freehelpexcelsiorstudents' - there are people there who have taken the workshops and can give you more details.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

new to the nursing field in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

63 months ago

I am just making up my mind to go into the nursing field after seeing my sister in the hospital. I am not just in it for the money, I paid pretty decent now but I have a genuine feeling for people in pain, I hate to see people who are hurting. Thats why I decided its time for a change. I am going to take the TABE test next week to get into the LPN program at a Technical school in ft lauderdale, fl. They are accredited and highly recommended by previous students. I have a lot respect for all the veteran nurses hopefully I can learn a lot from them. I get 13 credits towards a RN BS degree at a local college when I am done. Me and another sister of mine is taking the course together pray for us that we make it!

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

new to the nursing field in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

63 months ago

new to the nursing field in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I am just making up my mind to go into the nursing field after seeing my sister in the hospital. I am not just in it for the money, I paid pretty decent now but I have a genuine feeling for people in pain, I hate to see people who are hurting. Thats why I decided its time for a change. I am going to take the TABE test next week to get into the LPN program at a Technical school in ft lauderdale, fl. They are accredited and highly recommended by previous students. I have a lot respect for all the veteran nurses hopefully I can learn a lot from them. I get 13 credits towards a RN BS degree at a local college when I am done. Me and another sister of mine is taking the course together pray for us that we make it!

Thanks

I forgot to ask when I go this route do anybody knows how long it will take to get my RN in florida?

Monique7 in Wesley Chapel, Florida

63 months ago

Ray in San Clemente, California said: I AGREE WITH YOU!!!

the College Network doesn't tell you all of the hidden fees the you will need to pay for such as testing fees for pearson/college course credits, the representatives do NOT tell you that you are STUCK with the program, you canNOT opt out and pay for the months you have used their site modules, they are very much NON-negotiable!!!

it is a VERY, VERY, VERY BAD IDEA TO SIGN UP FOR THE COLLEGE NETWORK EVEN IF THE PROGRAMS THEY REPRESENT TO YOU ARE SUGAR-COATED AND THEY SOUND GREAT...that is all that it is!!! it SOUNDS great, but it is the opposite!!!

i would not suggest, or refer these course to ANYONE!!!

I agree, no more comment

63 months ago

Bill in San Clemente, California said: it's not because they're trying to discourage people, it's because they've experienced what they had to go through...did you even think about whether or not their state accepted the school's clinical hours or other requirements such as RN practice hours for different states? Those determine whether or not a different state will accept all the classes that EC has provided. I don't think you should shut them up just because you've had a better experience.

Thank you Bill for your understanding

63 months ago

Simeon in San Clemente, California said: i agree that there is certainly some deception involved in this program...expecially the RN-AA degree.

one of the EC reps i've spoken with provided me with false information regarding being an EC grad trying to endorse into California, where i am currently located, through the CA nursing board by case. the rep has told me that after graduating i would need to take the NCLEX-RN within another state, and the only possible way to endorse is through practicing in another state to gain certain practice hours, or work in a CA federal hospital like the VA.

Well, those information were also FALSE! I have contacted the CA Nursing Board and have found out that they do NOT accept ANY graduate from EC, and they do NOT make exceptions as I was informed!!! I was shocked and taken a-back!

Folks, if you are an LVN/LPN, just go through either the community college programs OR the private programs...those will benefit you...however, it is not to say that there are on-line programs out there that do not work...there are...but I suggest you RESEARCH all possible RN-AA/BSN on-line programs out there!

MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR FACTS FROM FINE LINE DECEPTIONS...and if the representative you're speaking to is very friendly...and maybe he/she seems TOO friendly...that's your RED-FLAG!!! Do NOT sign any contracts!!!

I agree

63 months ago

Lucius in Atlanta, Georgia said: Bill,

I really have to ask you, did you read Sean and Monique's comments? They ARE trying to discourage people from enrolling in the Excelsior. And that is their right, I just commented on how many times they did it. One is enough to voice your opinion,feelings,anger or whatever. If you look at Monique's comments she specifically says (paraphasing) on several occassions "I wouldn't encourage anyone to do that program!" That sounds like discouragement to me. You are though, people should contact their state board of nursing to find out if they accept Excelsior students. Some states have certain conditions that have to be met before you can sit for the Nclex or endorse into the state. There are a few states that do not accept Excelsior, but most states do. Oh yeah, even if California doesn't accept Excelsior, you can still work at any Federal Facility. The California board of nursing "does not have any authority at all" over any Federal medical facility. I have study partner who informed me that you fell under the lvn grandfather clause (have to have graduated from a course before the ban) in "California" if you graduate from Excelsior you can sit for the nclex.

Lucy, I will repeat it, I do not encourage anyone to do the Excelsior program but the decision is yours

LeeLee in Birmingham, Alabama

63 months ago

mustang985 in La Place, Louisiana said: YOU CAN ALWAYS WORK AT A VA HOSPITAL AS AN RN. TRYING TAKING THE NCLEX IN ANOTHER STATE THEN WORK AT THE VA IN YOUR STATE TRY LOOKING INTO THAT

Do you mean, the VA doesn't require you to have a resident state license? Kewl.
Do you know where this documentation can be found, online?

63 months ago

LeeLee in Birmingham, Alabama said: Do you mean, the VA doesn't require you to have a resident state license? Kewl.

Lee,

The only thing the VA requires is that you have a valid, unrestricted license. So, if you live in a state that does not endorse Excelsior grads you can test for New York and work in a Alabama VA facility. I tried to copy part of a job requirement section for you but all of it might not fit.

Job Requirements

The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) is the world's largest health care system and the nation's leading employer of registered nurses. The VHA with the Veterans Benefits and National Cemetery Administration comprises the Department of Veterans Affairs which is the second largest of the 15 Cabinet departments. Nurses in VHA are engaged in a variety of roles and have multiple opportunities for career and professional development.

The Medical Surgical Nurse is a staff RN that provides nursing care and preventive health services in the impatient setting of VA Medical and/or Surgical Nursing Units. The RN role includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. In concert with the health care delivery team the RN collaborates with other professionals to achieve patient care outcomes and goals. Depending on education and experience, the incumbent may also be assigned responsibilities as preceptor, charge nurse, or unit shift leader.

Benefits:

? 26 days of paid annual (vacation/personal) leave each year.
? 13 days of sick leave each year.
? 15 days of military leave each year for active reservists and National Guard members.
? 10 paid Federal holidays each year.
? Liability protection.
? Educational and research benefits through facility-based continuing medical education, opportunity for participation in state-of-the-art research programs, and the opportunity to provide training for health care trainees.
?Op

63 months ago

LeeLee in Birmingham, Alabama said: Do you mean, the VA doesn't require you to have a resident state license? Kewl.

Continued:

Job Requirements

?Opportunities for scholarship funding of baccalaureate degree in nursing and advanced degrees in nursing or related field.
?Career development opportunities and ability to transfer to VA facilities located throughout the United States.

Position Requirements
Minimum Qualifications for appointment as a VA nurse are:
? Citizenship - Citizen of the United States
? Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by an appropriate State agency and accredited by either NLNAC or CCNE at the time the applicant completed the program.
? Current, full, active and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a state, Territory, or commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), of the United States or in the District of Columbia.
Compliance with Physical Standards requirements
? Successful professional record for experienced nurses.
? English language proficiency - must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), and 7407(d).

Note: Non-citizens and graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing should contact the nurse recruiter at the specific VA facility for which they are seeking employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

All you have to do is go on VA Careers or the Department of Veteran Affairs website and click on jobs. Anyone can find this information on the site.

63 months ago

Lucius in Atlanta, Georgia said: All you have to do is go on VA Careers or the Department of Veteran Affairs website and click on jobs. Anyone can find this information on the site.

Lucias, Awsome answers, thanks for goin to so much trouble to find them.
I'm sre with an attitude like that you'll be an awsome Nurse!

FYI: I am in the US Army, I am a medic, I have just enrolled, ALL EXAMS are FREE!
The VA hospital is where I would want to work anyway.

It's a great program from what I've heard. Thanks again for your research.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

LeeLee in Birmingham, Alabama said: Lucias, Awsome answers, thanks for goin to so much trouble to find them.
I'm sre with an attitude like that you'll be an awsome Nurse!

FYI: I am in the US Army, I am a medic, I have just enrolled, ALL EXAMS are FREE!
The VA hospital is where I would want to work anyway.

It's a great program from what I've heard. Thanks again for your research.

Lee,

No Problem!

FYI: I am in the Army(reserves now), was military police, then became a medic. Echo 232 "Echo Rocks Tha House!", then I got my Lpn. If you need any help you can send a message to luciusdotoliveratUSdotarmydotMil.

62 months ago

Lucius,

I'm in the reserve now, too.
When you were first enrolled at Excelsior,
How many semester hours did Combat medic get for you?

62 months ago

LeeLee in Birmingham, Alabama said: Lucius,

I'm in the reserve now, too.
When you were first enrolled at Excelsior,
How many semester hours did Combat medic get for you?

Lee,

I enrolled 30 Sept 2007 (the last day for the NC series). I didn't get any hours at Excelsior, I felt I should have received some hours but they gave me zero. I had my transcript sent to St. Leo University and got 37 elective hours.

62 months ago

Hello Everybody,

Just found out that I passed NC 4!! Whew, those test will bust your brain! Anyway, I hope everyone is moving right on schedule with their exams. I have NC5,A&P,Micro, and Eng left as far as the exams go, then I have the dreaded CPNE and I will be finished! I am going to sign up for some workshops so that I will be better prepared, it's extra money but I believe it will be well spent. I figure it's better to pay a few hundred extra now than to pay for the CPNE, twice! Everybody, whenever you pass an exam please let everyone know so that we can be happy for you and at the same time it will give others encouragement.
Lucius

62 months ago

that's great, Lucius congratulations!

Kea in west palm beach, Florida

62 months ago

Hi Lucius, Kea here........Just a note to congratulate you. YOU are the only positive person in this communication format. You have given me hope where I had none, (human that is) I will pray for your success in all that you hope for. Because of you, I am going forward with my plans to finish. May GOD Bless You! Respectfully Yours, Kea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Kea in west palm beach, Florida said: Hi Lucius, Kea here........Just a note to congratulate you. YOU are the only positive person in this communication format. You have given me hope where I had none, (human that is) I will pray for your success in all that you hope for. Because of you, I am going forward with my plans to finish. May GOD Bless You! Respectfully Yours, Kea

Kea,

Thank you very much, and if you need any help please don't be afraid to ask. You can just email me and I will be ready!

Lucius

1985LA in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

In which state do you think students pass cpne of excelsior college? Please give honest information. I appreciate your response and god bless you.

1985LA in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

I like to find an honest information from excelsior college students. In which state do you think more students pass the CPNE of excelsior college.

haile in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

all people who passed the CPNE, please help other students who are getting hard time to pass the CPNE of excelsior. Give a lot of information like Dave did. If you help to those who are suffering of this exam called CPNE, you will feel blessing in your sprit. Keep on the good job and I wish you a great happiness, great health, and peace for ever.

Donnetta Tanio in Alva, Oklahoma

62 months ago

I have completed my CPNE and waiting to complete Preceptorship in Midwest City, OK. If you have completed this area for Excelsior College would you please advise what is expected.

haile in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

I JUST PAID TWO WEEKS AGO TO SET UP SCHEDULING. I ALREADY TOOK IT TWICE WHICH I DID NOT SUCCESS YET. DESPITE I HAVE MORE EIGHT YEARS CLINICAL EXPERIENCE. I SUGGESTED YOU TALK WITH CONSULOR TO HELP WHERE YOU HAVE TO TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE FOR CPNE PREPARATION.

monique7 in Wesley Chapel, Florida

62 months ago

Donnetta Tanio in Alva, Oklahoma said: I have completed my CPNE and waiting to complete Preceptorship in Midwest City, OK. If you have completed this area for Excelsior College would you please advise what is expected.

I never heard of Preceptorship befor, is it something they just added to the nursing program? what is it?

62 months ago

haile in Los Angeles, California said: I JUST PAID TWO WEEKS AGO TO SET UP SCHEDULING. I ALREADY TOOK IT TWICE WHICH I DID NOT SUCCESS YET. DESPITE I HAVE MORE EIGHT YEARS CLINICAL EXPERIENCE. I SUGGESTED YOU TALK WITH CONSULOR TO HELP WHERE YOU HAVE TO TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE FOR CPNE PREPARATION.

I have 7 years of experience, I failed the CPNE twice too. I guess we are on the same boat. In what state did you take your CPNE?

62 months ago

1985LA in Los Angeles, California said: In which state do you think students pass cpne of excelsior college? Please give honest information. I appreciate your response and god bless you.

You mean where they pass the most? I am not sure but I heard that Georgia is the worst place to go, but I have never been there and I failed twice.

62 months ago

1985LA in Los Angeles, California said: I like to find an honest information from excelsior college students. In which state do you think more students pass the CPNE of excelsior college.

I can tell you what I heard, and I heard that Ohio is ok and Georgia is the worst place ever to go for CPNE. I don't have no proof because I myself went to Ohio and failed overthere. So good luck!

62 months ago

haile in Los Angeles, California said: all people who passed the CPNE, please help other students who are getting hard time to pass the CPNE of excelsior. Give a lot of information like Dave did. If you help to those who are suffering of this exam called CPNE, you will feel blessing in your sprit. Keep on the good job and I wish you a great happiness, great health, and peace for ever.

lol, Thank you I need that, and I would come back after I passed my CPNE to encourage others, MAYBE. But thanks.

LPN in Clearwater, Florida

62 months ago

What to go. You passed your CPNE. Give me details please.

Lisa in Chardon, Ohio

62 months ago

monique7 in Wesley Chapel, Florida said: Well we have 3 times to take the clinical part or CPNE. They make it impossible to pass it and each time costs about $3,000 depending where you are traveling from. I tryed my best 2 times and I didn't pass it. I am going for the last time and even if I pass it I would never recommend anyone to do the Excelsior program. But the decision is yours, good luck

Thank-you for your input. I have decided on community college. Have been hearing the same thing about the CPNE, as you have mention how hard it is to pass. Good luck with your 3rd attempt.

Donnetta in Aline, Oklahoma

62 months ago

Preceptorship for Oklahoma Excelsior students and maybe someother states. We have to follow a nurse in OB and Psych nursing for 30 hours each for a total of 60 hours prior to setting for board.

Donnetta in Aline, Oklahoma

62 months ago

What do you need to help with CPNE. If you want more info email your address or email to donnetta2003@yahoo.com

62 months ago

Donnetta in Aline, Oklahoma said: Preceptorship for Oklahoma Excelsior students and maybe someother states. We have to follow a nurse in OB and Psych nursing for 30 hours each for a total of 60 hours prior to setting for board.

are you serious? when did they stard that?

62 months ago

Lisa in Chardon, Ohio said: Thank-you for your input. I have decided on community college. Have been hearing the same thing about the CPNE, as you have mention how hard it is to pass. Good luck with your 3rd attempt.

Yeah, I am going to need that luck. Thanks

62 months ago

LPN in Clearwater, Florida said: What to go. You passed your CPNE. Give me details please.

what is the question?

confusedindanati in Cincinnati, Ohio

62 months ago

Im a recent Lpn and want to go back to school to be an RN. I've heard about EC and it seems pretty good. Anybody in the Ohio/Cincinnati area got any good suggestions/warnings.

62 months ago

What was your CPNE like and was this the first time you took it? Where did you take it?

62 months ago

What was your CPNE like, where did you take it and what materials did you use to study for it? Did you attend a prep course?

62 months ago

Where did you take your CPNE and what did you use to study for it.

Donnetta Tanio in Alva, Oklahoma

62 months ago

I took my CPNE in Lubbock, TX. I did not take a prep workshop but did order a video on how to perfom the lab portion. If you would like to know where email me at donnetta2003@yahoo.com..

anonymous in Denver, Colorado

62 months ago

Excelsior sounds like another one of those stupid for profit schools. I'll have to check and see if it's listed on the NYSE-it if it that says it all.

Monique7 in Zephyrhills, Florida

62 months ago

LPN in Clearwater, Florida said: What was your CPNE like and was this the first time you took it? Where did you take it?

I went to NY and Ohio, if you really want to know it was like a nightmare, the CE's are mean, rude, looking for little details to fail the students, they lie, and whatever they say the CA believes them. It doesn't matter how much you try if they want to fail you, they will and that's it.

62 months ago

Donnetta Tanio in Alva, Oklahoma said: I took my CPNE in Lubbock, TX. I did not take a prep workshop but did order a video on how to perfom the lab portion. If you would like to know where email me at donnetta2003@yahoo.com..

Thank you for the information

62 months ago

anonymous in Denver, Colorado said: Excelsior sounds like another one of those stupid for profit schools. I'll have to check and see if it's listed on the NYSE-it if it that says it all.

Tell me about it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

For Anyone Reading:

DON'T LISTEN TO MONIQUE, DON'T LISTEN TO MONIQUE!!!!! Monique is bitter and her only objective on her is discourage anyone from proceeding with the Excelsior Program. If you go back to some of the earlier comments she plainly states that she is on here to discourage anybody from going to Exceslsior. Monique has Zero Integrity, she is on her telling people not to do the program yet she is trying to sell her books? She is on here telling everyone that she would not recommend the program but she is paying to take the CPNE for a 3rd time
,What does that say about her? She is blaming the CE's at the CPNE site for failing Twice, but she never took a prep course not even after she failed it the first time. You can listen to her if you want to but don't let someone like her discourage you from reaching your goals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Hello Everybody!!

As I said before I would keep you posted, I passed my last nursing exam NC5!!! I was disappointed because i studied so hard and only got a "C " but Thank God I passed! It is on to the CPNE(have to pay for it first), I will take Micro, A&P, while I wait for a spot to take it. Hope everyonen is progressing on toward the end. Good Luck in your studies!!

Lucius

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.