Criminal Background Checks/DUI

Comments (4)

Momof3_10 in Tarawa Terrace, North Carolina

63 months ago

Hello, I am very interested in begining school to become a LPN. I have a past DUI that is haunting my record (it was 4 years ago-I know terrible, i learned my lesson the hard way!). Will this hurt me getting a job? I would hate to go to school only to not be able to find a job! Thanks in advance for your help!

connie francis in cleveland, Ohio

62 months ago

Since it is your first offense, you can try to get it expunged, or get the records sealed. Most courts have a forms to allow people to make the request without hiring a lawyer. Also you should check with the nursing school admissions office to see what their policy is about students with backgroundsearch.com criminal records background search. Only certain types of crimes would exclude you from becoming a nurse, and a single DUI is not one of them.

justme in Dallas, Texas

62 months ago

What about three PIs that are over 13 yrs old? One of them was bogus but I didn't fight it. I sat my time out in jail to take care of the fine. I was thinking about trying physical therapy assistant courses. I am 43 and IT doesn't want me anymore. It seems only young people are being hired and I don't have military background either. I checked into getting into the army but I was 6 months too late. Minimum wage will

justme in Dallas, Texas

62 months ago

Minimum wage will just not work and I can't get the big loans needed for a four year degree if no one is going to hire me (so that I can get reimbursement for computer classes). I was just outsourced from a Help Desk position.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.