Georgia Perimeter STINKS!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

ClareLPN in Stone Mountain, Georgia

51 months ago

I have been going to GPC for 2 years now trying to move from LPN to RN. In the middle of pursuing the degree, GPC changed the criteria! Not only did they add classes, but they dropped the transition course all together. Now the only recourse an LPN has is to go through the entire program set up for people who have never worked as a nurse. I wonder if this is a ploy to get more money or set up as a diversion to discourage LPNs from going further iwth thier educational goals. When will people ever stop making things hard? When will the nursing profession learn that LPNs are of value and stop treating us like high class CNAs? When will they get it that LPNs are the cure to the nursing shortage that is self inflicted. If they really do not want LPNs around, why don't they simply get rid of the program instead of setting people up for failure and disappointment. It is a shame that a profession that offers so much potential and satisfaction is destroyed by bureaucracy and classism. It really breaks my heart.
Georgia Perimeter should be ashamed of themselves and totally kicked out of the running for a 2-year university system for the scam they are running. Meaning it literally takes 4 years to get a two year degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

skimbrel in Jesup, Georgia

48 months ago

sounds like the excelsior college program. Went through all nursing exams only to find out they added information literacy and ethics, the CPNE is hell enough...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.