LPN to RN Using Rue Learning System

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

G in Mullica Hill, New Jersey

81 months ago

Has anyone utilized the Rue Learning System to complete LPN to RN? Received their information packet, still rather vague about many things...Are all test modules just clepped? Are their materials good to study from? How have people done on test scores utilizing their materials? Total costs? Time to complete? Thanks for your input!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mandy in Fort Wayne, Indiana

80 months ago

RUE is a big rip off! You can get the same thing Direct from Excelsior.edu, Excelsior College. I wasted $3,ooo on RUE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A nurse in Indianapolis, Indiana

80 months ago

At a recent Council of State Boards of Nursing where I was writing for the state board exam, we were told that California State Boards of Nursing(they are so big they have 2 boards)were considering not accepting RUE or Excelsior as meeting the requirement for taking state board exams. They said if Calif ruled that way, the rest of the country would also not accept them either. There is a lot more to becoming a RN than some tests and a day of clinical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sherani Ratnam in Palm Springs, California

79 months ago

I am a LVN have completed my pre requisites needed for the RN programe looking for an on line course. The one community college that offers a RN programe has a two year waiting period. Any alternative suggestions? I also work in the local hospital which helps to keep my clinical practise up to date.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Lafayette, Louisiana

78 months ago

Be careful b/c Rue and College Network are not what they claim. What college would you be applying to and what are the RN state boards requirements to sit for boards? Im using IStudySmart.com b/c its recognized and accredited per NLN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Celia in Montgomery, Alabama

78 months ago

G in Mullica Hill, New Jersey said: Has anyone utilized the Rue Learning System to complete LPN to RN? Received their information packet, still rather vague about many things...Are all test modules just clepped? Are their materials good to study from? How have people done on test scores utilizing their materials? Total costs? Time to complete? Thanks for your input!

I did the RUE thing, it sounded great! What they don't tell is that there is a 60% fail rate the first time you take the clinicals and a 60% fail rate if you take it a second time. Those are not good odds and it shows that something is missing from the course. Keep looking at all the programs in your area and checking back with school officials, someone may change their mind about going to school. Good LUCK!

diane in Lagrange, Georgia

77 months ago

I paid the entire 3,000.00 fee to save money from finance charges. then I could never get a straight answer on how to proceed. Don't waste your time or money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

princetta in Wyoming, Michigan

59 months ago

Michelle in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Be careful b/c Rue and College Network are not what they claim. What college would you be applying to and what are the RN state boards requirements to sit for boards? Im using IStudySmart.com b/c its recognized and accredited per NLN

thank you for your comment I was suppose to pay down payment with college network tom to start program now im confused

princetta in Wyoming, Michigan

59 months ago

any one that is recent grad of any of these schools would you please write on exp

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.