LPN to RN programs near Fort Campbell, KY.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (41)

Wandie in Fort Campbell, Kentucky

84 months ago

I am originally from Chicago where I was making $25/ hr. I am not exactly sure what the pay is in this area. I contacted Maxim Healthcare Agency that said I would make $16/hr. I have 6 years experience. I really prefer Hospice. What is the average salary in Clarksville, TN? Are there any LPN to RN program without alot of prerequisites or admit students once a year? Does anyone know about Galen College? They admit 4 times a year and no waiting list. Thanks a bunch!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ivy in Cleveland, Ohio

83 months ago

if u were making 25/hr as an lpn, please inform me, because i am interested in moving to chicago, in two years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wanda in Fort Campbell, Kentucky

82 months ago

ivy in Cleveland, Ohio said: if u were making 25/hr as an lpn, please inform me, because i am interested in moving to chicago, in two years.

Season's Hospice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Genie

81 months ago

Hi Wandie!
I live in Chicago and was just wondering where you were working for 25.oo an hour????!!!! Please advise....that's the job I've been looking for!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Genie

81 months ago

Never mind.....I got it....Seasons...thanks anyway!!!

81 months ago

Season's Hospice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tiffany in Chicago, Illinois

80 months ago

whats seasons and whats the location?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karen Smedes in Grand Rapids, Michigan

80 months ago

Well geez thats a drop if you go from making $25 dollars to $16 bucks I wouldnt do it.

Jonna in Hollywood, Florida

79 months ago

I am from Ft. Campbell area. There is a program I think at the Hopkinsville Community College (Ky) which is really close. There may also be one at the community college in Henderson, Tennessee which is close to Nashville, which is pretty close. Also there is an RN program (ASN) that may by now be online at Tennessee State University that is in Nashville. Try the Online consortium in Nashville. Nashville is only about an hour from F. Campbell. Phoenix also has a campus in Nashville. I think they may have one. Are you moving due to the military. If you want more info, jrswhite@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Kitchener, Ontario

79 months ago

I was wondering if there are any LPN's who work in a Renal clinic or dialysis setting? If so, what are some of your duties that you perform? What responsibilties do you have that an RN had but now an LPN can do? Can LPN's pt educate on the type of dialysis the pt is receiving?
Any info. would greatly be appreciated.
Thanx!

Jonna in Hollywood, Florida

79 months ago

david.white@dciinc.org
My X works in a dialysis unit in Nashville. He could tell you about this

susan in Louisville, Kentucky

78 months ago

Wandie in Fort Campbell, Kentucky said: I am originally from Chicago where I was making $25/ hr. I am not exactly sure what the pay is in this area. I contacted Maxim Healthcare Agency that said I would make $16/hr. I have 6 years experience. I really prefer Hospice. What is the average salary in Clarksville, TN? Are there any LPN to RN program without alot of prerequisites or admit students once a year? Does anyone know about Galen College? They admit 4 times a year and no waiting list. Thanks a bunch!

stay away form maxim i have worked for them in az and il they pay the lowest try a smaller private owned maxim is ran by interim college students for a grade trust me i dealt with them for 11 years as an lpn

78 months ago

Jonna in Hollywood, Florida said: I am from Ft. Campbell area. There is a program I think at the Hopkinsville Community College (Ky) which is really close. There may also be one at the community college in Henderson, Tennessee which is close to Nashville, which is pretty close. Also there is an RN program (ASN) that may by now be online at Tennessee State University that is in Nashville. Try the Online consortium in Nashville. Nashville is only about an hour from F. Campbell. Phoenix also has a campus in Nashville. I think they may have one. Are you moving due to the military. If you want more info, jrswhite@gmail.com

Thanks for your help. I am a military spouse. I contacted Hopkinsville Community Collegfe and the LPN to BSN will begin 2010. University of Phoenix in Nashville offers RN to BSN Program. I received info about Tennessee State University Program. I have to attend the info session. I may just move to Arizona and complete the LPN to BSN Program at University of Phoenix. I looked at these programs in September. Thanks again. Who offers a good salary in this area? Are there any hospice jobs available in this area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LPN to RN, MSN in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

I've gone your route and I'd suggest you investigate this site that has numerous options for LPN to BSN or LPN to RN options, both online and campus.

www.my-nursing-career.com/nursing-degrees/lpn-to-bsn-nursing-degree-programs.html

www.my-nursing-career.com/nursing-degrees/rn-to-bsn-nursing-degree-programs.html

www.my-nursing-career.com/nursing-degrees/index.html

reba ky in Erlanger, Kentucky

77 months ago

Wandie in Fort Campbell, Kentucky said: I am originally from Chicago where I was making $25/ hr. I am not exactly sure what the pay is in this area. I contacted Maxim Healthcare Agency that said I would make $16/hr. I have 6 years experience. I really prefer Hospice. What is the average salary in Clarksville, TN? Are there any LPN to RN program without alot of prerequisites or admit students once a year? Does anyone know about Galen College? They admit 4 times a year and no waiting list. Thanks a bunch!

I too am looking into Galen in Cincinnati. I am trying to find info from people who actually went to the school and some feed back about their experience. It is a very expensive school I know that much but I just want to get done and get off the waiting lists.

kimmy in Brockton, Massachusetts

76 months ago

i dont know how current all this info is but i work in LTC as an LPN in massachusetts and I make 24.50 plus 2 dollars diff. thin is may 2008

76 months ago

Jonna in Hollywood, Florida said: I am from Ft. Campbell area. There is a program I think at the Hopkinsville Community College (Ky) which is really close. There may also be one at the community college in Henderson, Tennessee which is close to Nashville, which is pretty close. Also there is an RN program (ASN) that may by now be online at Tennessee State University that is in Nashville. Try the Online consortium in Nashville. Nashville is only about an hour from F. Campbell. Phoenix also has a campus in Nashville. I think they may have one. Are you moving due to the military. If you want more info, jrswhite@gmail.com

Hopkinsville will accept LPN's for the program beginning 2010.University of Phoenix in Nashville is not sure when or if they will start an LPN to BSN. I am number 40 on the list if they begin a program. I am going to attend the info session at Tennessee State University. There are no online program offered in this area. Yes we have relocated because my husband is in the military. There is a company on the base that assists you with the Excelsior College LPN to RN Program. The program is about $12,000 @ 21 interest plus you have to pay the Excelsor fees. I am skeptical. And some states don't accept Excelsior RN's but military does. But working on the base doesn't always offer a higher salary. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!

Jonna in Miami, Florida

76 months ago

The excelsior program is under inspection at the state level of
Florida and I think California doesn't accept it. We have a lot of students that use Excelsior and I don't think they have much problem with the theory but the clinical is really challenging. Hardly anyone passes it on the first try...at least from here. You can't vary even a degree from what they send about the clinical. I have a few here that have completed the theory but can't get through the clinical. Good luck and I had another thought. What about Murray State or University of Southern Indiana. I think they have an online program. Evansville is where USI is and that is a drive but if it is online now it might be a possibility. USI was fairly student friendly when I was involved with them for a short time. Jonna

76 months ago

I will definitely inquire about those 2 programs. Thank you!

leela in Taunton, Massachusetts

76 months ago

ivy in Cleveland, Ohio said: if u were making 25/hr as an lpn, please inform me, because i am interested in moving to chicago, in two years.

i think massachussets is the place to be. I am an LPN with 2 yrs experience. i work in a LTC and I make 27.04 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fafamarket in California

75 months ago

hello all! Does anyone know a good LPN to ADN or LPN to BSN program(s) near Monrovia, CA, 91016? I am willing to drvie within 30-50 miles radius...Anyone already went thru above 2 routes? I heard that online lpn to adn programs have looooong clinical wait lists?

armywife09 in Indianapolis, Indiana

64 months ago

Special K in Euless, Texas

56 months ago

I am a military wife and will be moving to fort campbell in a couple of month. there is a program (College network) that offers lvn to rn or lvn to bsn in ky. they use indiana state university, so it is reconized through the nursing board. has anyone found a transition program that's located at a college near fort campbell?
thx

Karen in Cisco, Texas

55 months ago

Special K in Euless, Texas said: I am a military wife and will be moving to fort campbell in a couple of month. there is a program (College network) that offers lvn to rn or lvn to bsn in ky. they use indiana state university, so it is reconized through the nursing board. has anyone found a transition program that's located at a college near fort campbell?
thx

I was wandering what the pay for LVN/LPN is around Fort Campbell. I will be moving there soon as a military wife and will be job searching.

Special K in Arlington, Texas

55 months ago

Karen in Cisco, Texas said: I was wandering what the pay for LVN/LPN is around Fort Campbell. I will be moving there soon as a military wife and will be job searching.

I don't know the pay yet. When will you be moving to Fort Campbell?

Karen in Cisco, Texas

55 months ago

I hope to be moved by March. We are currently looking for a house off base. It is hard though with him there and me here...

Special K in Arlington, Texas

55 months ago

Karen in Cisco, Texas said: I hope to be moved by March. We are currently looking for a house off base. It is hard though with him there and me here...

I understand what you're going through. My husband is also there and i'm here. we should keep in contact since we will be living in the same town. my email address is special_k__91@hotmail.com. Email me when you can i'm currently looking for a job there now.

Wandie in San Antonio, Texas

53 months ago

Hello fellow military spouse,
I just left Fort Campbell. There are jobs in Nashville, TN that pay about$20+ an hour. I worked agency and made $18. The pay isn't great but a lot better than Clarksville, TN. It is a few minutes from post. I had to beg for $16/hr at a nursing home.Good luck. You really have to search for good pay. It is a small town. Keep me posted. Good luck!

53 months ago

Special K in Euless, Texas said: I am a military wife and will be moving to fort campbell in a couple of month. there is a program (College network) that offers lvn to rn or lvn to bsn in ky. they use indiana state university, so it is reconized through the nursing board. has anyone found a transition program that's located at a college near fort campbell?
thx[/QUOTEHello
Hi there,
There is Hopkinsville C.C.For a BSN Program there is Austin Peay University.

53 months ago

Hi wandie, thank you so much for the information. could you tell me what nursing agency you worked for and if you were able to get work at the hospital. i'm currently a hospital floor nurse and that's pretty much what i've always done. I really wanted to try and stay in the hospital.

53 months ago

I worked for Western State Mental Hospital. The Agency is Crown. It is in Hopkinsville, KY. It's about 20 minutes from post. Good luck and let me know if you need more info. Email me at bawandota@yahoo.com

Cortney in Red Cloud, Nebraska

52 months ago

Im going to be moving to Fort Campbell as well and was wondering how hard it is to get into the program at Hopkinsville Community??

52 months ago

Hey Cortney I will be moving in June. I think I will have to get a job in nashville which is 1 hour away. I think the pay would be more competitive since it's a bigger city. When will you be moving?

52 months ago

I don't know anyone that got into the program. I know smeone that has been taking the prereqs for about a year now. There was one that couldn't pass the entrance exam. Good luck@

52 months ago

Wandie in San Antonio, Texas said:

I can't remember exactly. Contact the board of nursing. There are special situation regarding clinical hours that you must comply with.

52 months ago

Special K in Euless, Texas said: Hi wandie, thank you so much for the information. could you tell me what nursing agency you worked for and if you were able to get work at the hospital. i'm currently a hospital floor nurse and that's pretty much what i've always done. I really wanted to try and stay in the hospital.

It was Crown. It was nothing to brag about. But the only nursing agency close to post.

52 months ago

Special K in Arlington, Texas said: I don't know the pay yet. When will you be moving to Fort Campbell?

The pay with the agency was $18/hr in KY. In Tn. it was $14 at the nursing home.

52 months ago

Special K in Arlington, Texas said: I don't know the pay yet. When will you be moving to Fort Campbell?

At the agency in Hopkinsville the pay was $18/hr. In Clarksville, TN ( about 15 mins away) thw pay at the nursing home was $14.

kwilliams3126@gmail.com

51 months ago

i was lookin into colleges to complete my lpn to rn. does anyone have any suggestions?? i will be moving in september from kansas to ft. campbell.

babysiss37 in Hermitage, Tennessee

45 months ago

Cortney in Red Cloud, Nebraska said: Im going to be moving to Fort Campbell as well and was wondering how hard it is to get into the program at Hopkinsville Community??

Courtney,

Did you get into the nursing program at Hopkinsville? I was wondering if you were enjoying the experience there or not.

Thanks
Carmen

Claudia in Fort Campbell, Tennessee

34 months ago

I just moved to Fort Campbell.. my husband is in the military and I am looking for an Lpn job and also I am looking for schools to complete my lpn-rn (preferably without waiting lists.) I have a lot of prerequisites already completed. Does anyome have any suggestions??? Thanks a bunch

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.