LPN to RN study group NJ excelsior college

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1469)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

eunice in Pensacola, Florida

80 months ago

Victoria in Nashville, Tennessee said: Hi, I'm the big 50, and have been an LPN since 1982. I have not worked in 10years, I have stayed home with my girls and have the last one in college now.
I started the Excelsior program Oct.2006,and finished Nov. 2007. I'm currently waiting to take my CPNE and I will be finished.
I highly rec. the program. I actually used The College Network, but found once I started with the nursing concepts, that their study books were not enough. I used the Excelsior books and study guides and did just fine.
I would rec. this to all LPN's.

would like more info on college network and excelsior before continuing. thanks eunice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

karenthelpn@aol.com

80 months ago

I just enrolled with excelsior today...have not started yet but ordering some books shortl;y..will keep you posted,

karenthelpn@aol.com

80 months ago

I wasted my money on college network...just go directly to excelsior and buy the books from excelsior. College network was a lot of money I could have saved. How long have you been an LPN??? Are you working now???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Racheal in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

Tanya in New Port Richey, Florida said: I'm pushing myself to do Excelsior. I am currently studying for NC 1 and as an LPN, we automatically get to skip NC 2... once I pass NC 1, I will be applying to EC (to hopefully save some money). I don't have much of a choice because of my responsibilities at home- after the lpn-rn is done, I'll be going back for rn-msn. I too need encouragement and the CPNE exam is the only thing that scares me. I know I'm not in NJ but we can form a group online right?

Can you please tell me how you go statrted, as far as taking the first test without applying to EC

Gladys in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

Brenda in Houston, Texas said: I am about to start Excelsior and would love to be a part of a study group in Houston. I bought the textbooks and together we could do this! b1pierre@aol.com

I would like to be part of a study group, I am studying concept I and I am having a hard time studying by myself. please e-mail if you want to get together to study.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

Hi Gladys. I am so happy you email me. I'm Brenda. My email address is b1pierre@aol.com. I have the EC books and an older study guide. What I need is momentum. Please email me. Lets get this stuff done!

Brenda in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

They say the hardest part of any project is getting started. I have all this printed information and no idea where to start with it. Any tips? I think maybe I'm just afraid. Its good for me to read all of your positive comments. It makes me feel so much better. Thank you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mieko in Texas City, Texas

80 months ago

I'm close to the Houston area. I have a lot of study material, books and notes. It was hard for me to get started at first, but I know 3 people personally that completed excelsior and they are now RN's. I'm on NC3. I started paying first, that gave me more motivation because I hate losing money. Email me at jamiekom@yahoo.com I can try my best to motivate you or at least let you talk to my friends who have completed it.

Gladys in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

my e-mail is gladysmoreno01@yahoo.com

Kim in Lincoln Park, New Jersey

80 months ago

Hi Gladys-
I am in NJ but we can study online if you want to- I am also studying for NC1 as I failed it and have to retake it. Maybe we can all motivate each other! My email is kmalanga84@hotmail.com
Kim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

J.Lovelace in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

debbie in Spring Hill, Florida said: I have researched Excelsior but still have doubts since I have never met anyone who has completed the program. If anyone has even started the program would email me I am interested in getting more info about test, study time, and whether or not the program is feasible. It kinda sounds too good to be true.

I completed the Excelsior program and graduated with an ASN, and passed my state board examination on the first try. Don't believe the hype the program is tough and you learn a lot! Complete the program and you will never look back once you become an R.N.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amber in O Fallon, Missouri

80 months ago

I agree!
I will be done in August and I wouldnt do it any other way!
When I talk to employers seems alot of people have heard about Excelsior--more than what I thought---I have several friends around STL MO that are doing the RN program with me!
Its worth it, believe me!

April in Norcross, Georgia

80 months ago

bill nunoz in wiliamstown, New Jersey said: Bridget,
I took one excelsior exam (nursing concepts 1) about two years ago and passed it easy. It just took me a long time to make study notes and it was very boring doing it by myself. I stopped doing excelsior college out of bordem. I recently decided to go back to college. Every college I went to (community colleges and Rutgers) had to many requirements and courses to take before taken the LPN to RN course. It seemed I would be taken college courses for about 1.5-2 years before taken the LPN to RN course. Excelsior was easy to get in.
I live in Williamstown but I also have a apartment in Jersey City. I work as an agency nurse so I travel
all over New Jersey. If your interested in the study group let me know. Also, if you find a nursing school that is easy to get into, offer part time course, doesn't charge over 25,000K, and doesn't take so long to complete (3-4 years is to long for me). LPN course was great because it only took me a year and a half.
It seems like these colleges say LPN to RN transition but the course is as long as starting from the beginning. Also, excelsior cost about 7000k to complete. The cheapest RN to LPN course i found was Trinitas in Elizabeth which cost $20,000K if you pass all the courses one time.

Bill

Hi Bill:

Just had a quick question. I am from New Jersey myself, but now live in the Atlanta, GA area. I am wondering if you could tell me what a new LPN grad can realistically expect to make hourly on a first job in NJ? I looked on indeed and salary.com, but was told that those sites are not necessarily correct. Can you shed some light on this for me? Thanks so much in advance. P.S.-I, too, do not have years and years to go for the RN right now. I need to work as an LPN for a while.

Also, what are your thoughts about people saying that LPNs are being phased out? Is that true?

April in Norcross, Georgia

80 months ago

pam komoroski in Morgan City, Louisiana said: I am really interested in LPN to RN program...everything seems so expensive. I have been an LPN 7 yrs and I am 46 years old. Does anyone have any advice? thanks...

Hi Pam:

I'm looking into nursing programs now and was wondering if you could tell me how you like being an LPN. I'm 41 and do not want to waste time going for the LPN if it's not worth it. What type of pay can new grads expect to make? I live in the Atlanta, GA area. Also, is it true that you have to have 4.0 gpa in all core courses before being accepted into the LPN program or the RN program?

Thanks in advance.

debbie in Spring Hill, Florida

80 months ago

Hi Debbie,
My name is Debra, and I also am in Spring Hill, Fl. I also am looking at starting the Excelsior program but am leary about the wait time for the CPNE, I'm concerned I could forget everything in the 11+month period. Anyone have any info on if the CPNE can be done in a shorter time period? Thanks

80 months ago

Hi Debbie- I contacted Excelsior regarding this and they told me that the wait was about 6 mos due to the volume of students-they were trying to rectify this, but has yet have not cut down the wait time. Have you started on any of your tests yet?
Kim

debbie in Spring Hill, Florida

80 months ago

Hi Kim, No I haven't taken any tests yet. I'm interested in finding out more information as far as how the whole process goes. I'm concerned with starting something that maybe I won't finish. I too do not know anyone who has taken the Excelsior program. I didn't get much info when I called Excelsior except that you study, schedule your tests, and when finished with all requirements you register to take the CPNE. I'm not even sure about what study materials are best. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks, Deb

kim in Lincoln Park, New Jersey

80 months ago

Hey Deb-
It is kind of a lengthy process, but a somewhat inexpensive one.I have already taken the first few tests and just took my first Nursing exam (I failed) it is a lot of info and you really need to be dedicated. They will give you study materials as well as books to purchase to study from. Let me know how you make out!
Kim

Cornelius in Birmingham, Alabama

80 months ago

Does anyone know what Alabama's policy is for RN Licensire. I just started excelsior college RN program and i need study materials can anyone help me.

Sheila Ysrayl in Cleveland, Ohio

80 months ago

Victoria in Nashville, Tennessee said: Hi, I'm the big 50, and have been an LPN since 1982. I have not worked in 10years, I have stayed home with my girls and have the last one in college now.
I started the Excelsior program Oct.2006,and finished Nov. 2007. I'm currently waiting to take my CPNE and I will be finished.
I highly rec. the program. I actually used The College Network, but found once I started with the nursing concepts, that their study books were not enough. I used the Excelsior books and study guides and did just fine.

Hi, I have been an LPN for 30 years, could U pleas give me the Number and address for Excelsior. I would like to finish in one year. Any tips you could give me are greatly appreciated> Sheila Ysrayl Babyysrayl@yahoo.com

80 months ago

Hey Victoria! Congrats! I am also the big 50 and have just begun taking my nursing cources for Excelsior.Unfortunately I failed my first exam, that I can retake in Mar- so glad to hear that you did so well, good luck on your CPNE. Keep talking this up for the rest of us, it is great encouragement!
Kim

Rachel in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

Where did you purchase your books from. Was the test hard/ Did you study and about how many questions were there? i ask because I am preparing to take my first test..Thanks

80 months ago

debbie in Spring Hill, Florida said: I have researched Excelsior but still have doubts since I have never met anyone who has completed the program. If anyone has even started the program would email me I am interested in getting more info about test, study time, and whether or not the program is feasible. It kinda sounds too good to be true.

Well I personally have not done Excelsior, but my co worker have completed the course.

80 months ago

Tanya in New Port Richey, Florida said: I'm pushing myself to do Excelsior. I am currently studying for NC 1 and as an LPN, we automatically get to skip NC 2... once I pass NC 1, I will be applying to EC (to hopefully save some money). I don't have much of a choice because of my responsibilities at home- after the lpn-rn is done, I'll be going back for rn-msn. I too need encouragement and the CPNE exam is the only thing that scares me. I know I'm not in NJ but we can form a group online right?

Did you purchase any books to study from?

80 months ago

Hey you guys- I would love to form some sort of a study group online- I am in NJ and am also an LPN- maybe we can set a time that we can all be done in the evening with our "chores" and then can study. Anybody in for that?
Kim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nina in Richmond, Virginia

80 months ago

Hello Everyone,
Quick question. I am preparing to take my first exam (Essentials of Nursing: Health Safety). I would LOVE some feed back on what to expect. I passed the Final Test in the back with flying colors. I know the basic meds. BUT Ch. 10 held A LOT of information and I felt I got the BIG picture but not all the minor details. PLEASE TELL ME IS THE EXAM ANYTHING LIKE THE QUESTIONS IN THE BOOK? ANY FEEDBACK IS GREAT.

debi23 in Amesbury, Massachusetts

80 months ago

Tina in Modesto, California said: THe wait time for the CPNE is 6-9 months. But you can usually get a cancellation date if you are willing ot be more flexible where you test. You can request a cancellation date once you have turned your application in and get a date. You can check out my website www.cheducation.com for more info on the CPNE.

Goooooooood luck to you in getting a date.

Hi Tina I just found this site and would be very interested in attendin your workshop when I amready for the CPNE it will be awhile

debi23 in Amesbury, Massachusetts

80 months ago

Hi Victoria
I am also the big 50 but just got my LpN in Aug 2007, and am now studying thru the College network to get my LPN htanks for the advice about using Ecelsiors books and study guide will do that when the time comes how did you get them
Thanks Debi

80 months ago

Where did you thake your prereqs? Did you have them done by the time you enrolled in Ecelsiors program?

Tess in Lathrop, California

80 months ago

Hi,
I enrolled in 2002 with excellsior. I have not taken any test yet. Pls help me to find a study guide thatcan help me to take the NC1. I'm having a hard time to follow Excellsior college study guide, can any one can recomend another study guide beside Excellsior? How about college network study guide? What do you guys think? Should I buy another study guide?

80 months ago

Did you buy the textbooks? They have tests at the end of the chapters that can help you also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I was in Chancellors and it was just so hard to stay motivated. There is a bridge program here in Cleveland and I just need to go and get the info to get started, I was told it would take me one year, so I will c. I know you can get thru the home studies if you really are motivated, but it was so hard for me. Good luck to all of you who are really tryin.

Jacki in Atco, New Jersey

80 months ago

Kim in Lincoln Park, New Jersey said: Hey you guys- I would love to form some sort of a study group online- I am in NJ and am also an LPN- maybe we can set a time that we can all be done in the evening with our "chores" and then can study. Anybody in for that?
Kim

Hi Kim, My name is Jacki and I am a LPN for 19 years and I am looking for an LPN to RN program. I signed up with the College Network on thursday and just cancelled. What program are you doing? I am going to check into Excelceior College I only have to take the nursing courses. I would love to finish and find someone to study with. And would love any information on the best progam out there to get this finished. Thanks Jacki

Tess in Lathrop, California

80 months ago

kim in Lincoln Park, New Jersey said: Did you buy the textbooks? They have tests at the end of the chapters that can help you also.

Kim,
I have all the text book from last year. What type of textbook do you have so I can buy them for me. Tess

Michelle in Hialeah, Florida

80 months ago

I'm an LPN and looking into the excelsior Program, I actually just spoke with a representative... I don't know if its a good idea.. because of the lack of hands on training... I just eed some advice from somebody who is in the program.. has anyone heard about the University of Phoenix, what is the college network about... please help.. thanks

80 months ago

My friend is using college network study guides and they seem to be very useful, per her.

80 months ago

So can you take NC 1 before paying the 75.00 application fee. Can you tell me if I need to pay before taking the test or what. Is enrolling and application fee the same thing?

Heather

79 months ago

Just wanted to let you guys know that I did Excelscior and made it along with 2 coworkers of mine in Largo,Florida. It is very doable and there are alot of support groups at nontradnurse on yahoo which is where I got alot of notes and info pre-test. Took my CPNE in Georgia which was very hard but can be done.I also took Tinas CPNE workshop in Ca. Been working now as a RN for a year in critical care. Well worth the effort! Good Luck to you all!
Heather

Karen Canales

79 months ago

CONGRATS TO YOU!!!

What type of things did the CPNE involve and how long was it??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Monica in Atlanta, Georgia

79 months ago

Racheal in Atlanta, Georgia said: Can you please tell me how you go statrted, as far as taking the first test without applying to EC

Hi Rachael,
I am in Atlanta as well and would love to start a study group, I'm on Chronicity. I'm not sure if our classes would be on the same line of study.my email ad is

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

have you taken the first test yet.

79 months ago

Yes, I took it about 4mos ago.

79 months ago

Did you have to enroll and pay the 895.00 before taking the test and what materials did you use.

79 months ago

Yes, I had to pay that huge fee before taking the 3rd test.
I'm enrolling in Distance Learning systems for the material only.

79 months ago

So you took NC 1 and NC 2 prior to enrolling.Did you have to pay the 75.00 when you submitted your application, or did they let you take the 2 test before paying? I am sorry to keep bothering you, but I am just so confused.

79 months ago

email me directly monicakooper@yahoo.com Being an LPN you do not have to take NC2 only NC1.You do not have to be enrolled at that time. The more you do before you enroll the better it will postpone the fee before NC3.

Paula, Excelsior College, SB Ofc in Albany, New York

79 months ago

Hi ALL!
Excelsior College nursing degree programs have been specifically designed to meet the educational needs of qualified individuals with significant background and/or experience in clinically oriented health care disciplines. All prospective nursing students must submit an application for admission to the School of Nursing.

Each program has revised admission requirements, effective September 1, 2006, as noted below:

Associate Degree Programs

Admission to our associate degree nursing programs is open to:

Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses, paramedics, military service corpsmen,
individuals who hold degrees in clinically oriented health care fields in which they have had the opportunity to provide direct patient care (e.g., physicians, respiratory therapists, and physician assistants).

Also, individuals who have successfully completed at least 50 percent of the clinical nursing credit hours in an associate, baccalaureate, or RN diploma nursing program may be eligible for the program if they apply within 5 years of completing their last nursing course. The necessary documentation, such as copies of licenses, certificates, and official transcripts must be submitted with the admissions application.

The Undergraduate Application for Admission (online and PDF) identifies required supporting documentation required for admission by each category of applicant as well as additional admissions criteria.

All Excelsior College (EC) nursing programs are accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. The EC Nursing Program is designed in accordance with the requirements for Registered Nurse Programs in New York State. Excelsior College graduates who meet eligibility requirements are eligible to take the Registered Nurse Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) in New York State. Our graduates are also eligible for licensure in most other states by examination or endorsement.

check us out - www.excelsior.edu

kimangel in Germantown, Tennessee

79 months ago

ashley in Tempe, Arizona said: Hi I am studying for nursing concepts 1 as well I wanted to know if the practice exam that excelsior offers if hopeful???

Yes the practice exam is very helpful. I am also studying for nursing concepts 1...

kimangel in Germantown, Tennessee

79 months ago

bill nunoz in wiliamstown, New Jersey said: I'm a 32yo male nurse looking to form a study group. Would like to enroll in excelsior college with a group of 3-4 LPN's. I just dont think ill be able to do the course by myself. I need some motivation from others. If this sounds good to you contact me. Im in New Jersey.

I am interested to join the group. I have just started excelsior and plan to take my first exam soon. I am having a hard time by myself. But to encourage you, I have meet several people who have completed the program in 9 months............

79 months ago

That is what i am trying to do. But I live in Atlanta , but if you have some suggestions on how we can study together that will be o.k.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.