Comments (101 to 150 of 1466)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

kimangel in Germantown, Tennessee

78 months ago

we can try to communicate via email

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kim in Riverdale, New Jersey

78 months ago

Do you want to set a time in the evening to go online and study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Racheal in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

Do you have to pay for this, or how does the on line study thing work?

78 months ago

That will work, we can study online as well. We just need to find out how.

kimangel in Germantown, Tennessee

78 months ago

I am not sure this will be my first time

Cassandra W. in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

78 months ago

Eric B. in Columbus, Ohio said: I am currently waiting for my CPNE test date, which currently takes 4 months or so. The test itself may be up to 5 months after I get the date. Ugh. Plus they expect you to pay the $1700 dollars for the test before they even start working on a date for you. They claim that they are working on reducing the wait, but nothing has changed in the last 6 months.

It took me about 1 to 2 months to finish each nursing concepts class. The only one I failed was concepts 7, and that is only because I didn't study nearly as much as I should have. Purchase the practice tests for $70 and they should give you a good overview of what you are weak on. When you take the actual test, you will know your results within minutes of finishing.

Suggestions if you decide to go with Excelsior-
-Don't expect to get done very quickly, especially since there is a huge waiting list for the CPNE.
-There are many fees associated with the college. Enrollment, Graduation, a $500 yearly "maintenance" fee, etc. Make sure you know what you are getting in to.
-Use the CPNE prep class. It is expensive, but better than failing and being set behind more than half a year and $1700.
-Use the online practice tests. They are a big help.
-Look over your study material until you feel comfortable. I usually read everything 3 times in a row and then focused on stuff that I felt weak on.
-Set behind an hour or two every day to study and stick with it, otherwise you will take years and years to finish this program.
-Remember that this program is not impossible but requires a great deal of self motivation and prep. work.
-Do not take this program if you do not have the motivation to do it and are not willing to accept possible setbacks. You will fall behind +3 months per failure of a concepts class and +5-9 months for a failed CPNE, not to mention lots of money.

I did this program without a study group, although I did take 3 quarters of a traditional nursi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

racheal in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

How long did it actually take you to finish your 7 nursing concept classes?

marie in Brooklyn, New York

78 months ago

i sign up with excelsior i am getting ready to take nc1&3 i can,t find no study group it is not easy people has to work everyone with different schedule so forth and so on i hope i can do this w/in 12-16mo including stateboard

kimangel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

well i just started and i want to finish in 9 months if i can i will also be taking nc 1 & 3 before may, I have ordered different type of study material and i find it is over whelming so i have just decided to read the book and study the practice test in the end of the book also i did order the practice exam from excelsior for 60.00 and that is very heplful there is a total of 200 questions, so if you want to just ask each other questions about our reading that will be good, also we could read 1-2 chapters and then try and discuss the information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kemi in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

3 of my friends passed all of the excelsior exams under one year. Would like to join a study group in houston texas. I have the college network and chancellor materials.

Jamieko Simmons in Texas City, Texas

78 months ago

Hey I'm in the Houston area. I just passed NC 3 on Thursday so, I'm studying for NC 4. My email address is jamiekom@yahoo.com. Let me know what days/times are good to hook up to study.

Gladys in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

kemi in Houston, Texas said: 3 of my friends passed all of the excelsior exams under one year. Would like to join a study group in houston texas. I have the college network and chancellor materials.

yes, my name is gladys

Brenda in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

I am in Houston and trying to get motivated to get started. Please email me. b1pierre@aol.com. Thanks.

78 months ago

Yes please, just tell me how much it is going to cost me....Thank you..

78 months ago

My email adress is rachy29581@yahoo.com. I have been studying everyday, but you do have to be motivated even if its just someone picking up the phone to say o.k I hopr you are studying..My friends and I sometimes study together via phone.. We have metro so its just one flat rate no matter where you call or how much you talk its 35.00 So email me so we can get started and finished in a timely manner...

kemi in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

Gladys in Houston, Texas said: yes, my name is gladys

please email olukemiadentan@yahoo.com.
Thanks

Tonya in Midlothian, Virginia

78 months ago

Nina in Richmond, Virginia said: Hello Everyone,
Quick question. I am preparing to take my first exam (Essentials of Nursing: Health Safety). I would LOVE some feed back on what to expect. I passed the Final Test in the back with flying colors. I know the basic meds. BUT Ch. 10 held A LOT of information and I felt I got the BIG picture but not all the minor details. PLEASE TELL ME IS THE EXAM ANYTHING LIKE THE QUESTIONS IN THE BOOK? ANY FEEDBACK IS GREAT.

Hi Nina I am also doing the Excelsior program hope to take my first exam soon.

78 months ago

I know I am preparing to take NC1 as well. Where are you getting your study info. from?

TaTanisha Carolina in London, Ohio

78 months ago

bill nunoz in wiliamstown, New Jersey said: I'm a 32yo male nurse looking to form a study group. Would like to enroll in excelsior college with a group of 3-4 LPN's. I just dont think ill be able to do the course by myself. I need some motivation from others. If this sounds good to you contact me. Im in New Jersey.

hey i dont know if ur still looking for someone to study with but if ur r contact me at ahsinatat@aol.com my name is TaTanisha i m an LPN i need the motivation also please contact me.

Kimberly in Memphis, Tennessee

78 months ago

Tina in Modesto, California said: THe wait time for the CPNE is 6-9 months. But you can usually get a cancellation date if you are willing ot be more flexible where you test. You can request a cancellation date once you have turned your application in and get a date. You can check out my website www.cheducation.com for more info on the CPNE.

Goooooooood luck to you in getting a date.

I have a question....I have one exam left then will be able to register for the CPNE. A guy that I work with just finished his, and he said that you have to do a background check before registering for the CPNE, and that you have to know which state you will be testing in, in order to pay for the background check. How does accepting a cancellation date figure in w/ that? Because I had just planned on asking for a "first available" date, no matter where. when he told me that you pretty much have to know where u are testing to pay for this, I was pretty bummed. Can you let me know anything more in depth? gonna go look at your website tomorrow when I get home.

funmi in queens, New York

78 months ago

i am considering going the Excelsor College way. I am conernered about the clinical aspect. Does anyone know if EC is affiliated with any hospital where one can do clinical?

hottiemom04@yahoo.com in Bellport, New York

78 months ago

I just met with a recruiter from the college network. all they offer are these study modules. all tests and accredidations are done through excelsior. why am i going to pay college network $3000.00 for study materials??!!!! if anybody has done this course and still has the modules i would be more than willing to pay an honest amount. i am a single mom and my LPN paycheck isn't cutting it any longer. thank you.

Tonya in Midlothian, Virginia

78 months ago

TaTanisha Carolina said: hello i have all seven of the college network books (nursing books)if u want to make copies i am will to help u out i am still taking test so u cant have them but i can get u copies let me know. I m a struggling lpn also so let me know i still owe college network money.. we can help each other my email is ahsinatat@aol.com

Hi T:
That sounds good! I know what u mean. my oersonal email is misstjb73@yahoo.com. I will give you what I can if u need help.

Carmen in Aiken, South Carolina

78 months ago

Victoria in Nashville, Tennessee said: Hi, I'm the big 50, and have been an LPN since 1982. I have not worked in 10years, I have stayed home with my girls and have the last one in college now.
I started the Excelsior program Oct.2006,and finished Nov. 2007. I'm currently waiting to take my CPNE and I will be finished.
I highly rec. the program. I actually used The College Network, but found once I started with the nursing concepts, that their study books were not enough. I used the Excelsior books and study guides and did just fine.
I would rec. this to all LPN's.

Hi.. so have you taken the CPNE yet.. and how did you do.. just wish I had finished my RN first.. please email .. Thank you Carmen

Paula, Excelsior College, SB Ofc in Albany, New York

78 months ago

Hi Victoria

We wish you the very best on the CPNE..
if you need info on the TN BON just contact us...

888-647-2388; at the prompt 1-3-1-5

The sb advising team will be happy to help!

paula

Paula, Excelsior College, SB Ofc in Albany, New York

78 months ago

marie in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: i was just wondering how to get to the Excelsior school and where is it located?

Hi Elizabeth

Excelsior College is located in Albany, New York - we are not a traditional school so we are not a campus of students...

Our student's typically are lpn's, paramedics, or someone whose has completed at least 50% of a traditional nursing school..

With that said you may have a few academic requirements to complete which could be taken at your nearby college or university...and then when it comes to the nsg exams you would student on your own with the advice of our nursing advisor (they recommend a plan of academic courses for you)
and you would take the exams at Pearsonvue nearest to you...after all theoretical exams have been complete you would have to take and pass the 2 1/2day cpne to earn a degree in nursing...

Please go to our website...www.excelsior.edu
to find out additional info on our program
or call our admission office at 888-647-2388
and I am sure someone can assist!

Good studying!!

Paula

Doris in Bound Brook, New Jersey

77 months ago

bill nunoz in wiliamstown, New Jersey said: I'm a 32yo male nurse looking to form a study group. Would like to enroll in excelsior college with a group of 3-4 LPN's. I just dont think ill be able to do the course by myself. I need some motivation from others. If this sounds good to you contact me. Im in New Jersey.
hello, Bill. I am thinking about Excelsior also. I hear most people the skills assessment. excelsior used to fail alot of peole there- however after complaints teh NYS nursing board told them to get more realistic standards

77 months ago

Can you contact me at rachy29581@yahoo.com in regards to a copy of the seven books and the cost to copy

thanks in advance

Bill in Jersey City, New Jersey

77 months ago

i was going to start Nursing at a local college but dropped it before the class started LOL. Was just to many hours for mandatory classes. It so crazy that the post i started became so large with responses...wow!!. anyway, im think of doing the excelsior thing again but not sure. ahhhhhhh!!!!! anyway my yahoo IM is nunezbill at yahoo dot com. maybe web confrence and phone call could be a good study group. anyway im in NJ still. I have completed NC 1 only. If anyone who just started or thinking about starting contact me. I would like to form a group of people that are at the same pace so that we can celebrate over the net when we pass an exam LOL. also, make study notes by slitting the work. that was the most hardest part for me was making study notes. I like to make my own notes from the excelsior guide. once i make the note i dont look at the book no more and just study the notes than take exam. that the only way to study. well once again my IM is nunezbill at yahoo. sorry i ignored so my peoplei was just so bust with life.well i hope to get at least 3-5 people interested. real people!!!!

Tallia in South Holland, Illinois

77 months ago

Hello, I was under the understanding that all excelsior colleges are not accredited and you can not sit for the state exam after completing their program. I'm not sure if this is true... I hope not but I'd like to know.

Bill in Jersey City, New Jersey

77 months ago

Tallia in South Holland, Illinois said: Hello, I was under the understanding that all excelsior colleges are not accredited and you can not sit for the state exam after completing their program. I'm not sure if this is true... I hope not but I'd like to know.

goto the website excelsior.edu or something like that. not if that the right website for the college. anyway, i think a few states dont recognize excelsior but most do. just goto the school site and im sure youll find the info u want their

Toni in Powell, Ohio

77 months ago

debbie in Spring Hill, Florida said: I have researched Excelsior but still have doubts since I have never met anyone who has completed the program. If anyone has even started the program would email me I am interested in getting more info about test, study time, and whether or not the program is feasible. It kinda sounds too good to be true.

Hi Debbie,
I was an LPN with no prior college credits. I joined Excelsior, took all my college credits, passed the CPNE, got my RN and now have my BS from excelsior.
It was fairly easy and much cheeper than traditional school.
Good luck,
Toni

debbie in Spring Hill, Florida

77 months ago

Toni, Thanks for the reply. I ordered the study guide package for A&P from excelior but was disappointed when I got it, it is just questions. I am confused as to how to start. I called Excelior and I am sad to say they didn't tell me anything other than study and take the tests. I don't know the best was to study or the materials to use that would best prepare me for the tests. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks agains, Deb

seniorlpn in Cape Coral, Florida

77 months ago

hi debbie, I live in Port Charlotte, FL. I have not reg./applied with EC until I am able to get all of my prerequists out of the way. I would suggest you might want to do the same. Write to me and I will be able to answer some of your ?'s. edebellis2@yahoo.com

Toni in Powell, Ohio

77 months ago

debbie in Spring Hill, Florida said: Toni, Thanks for the reply. I ordered the study guide package for A&P from excelior but was disappointed when I got it, it is just questions. I am confused as to how to start. I called Excelior and I am sad to say they didn't tell me anything other than study and take the tests. I don't know the best was to study or the materials to use that would best prepare me for the tests. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks agains, Deb

Hi Debbie,
I took all my college courses with Excelsior. I used the same A&P book I used in LPN school. In the study guide there is a outline/breakdown of the systems the questions at the back are sample question that are typical of what will be on the test. I just looked at the breakdown and applied it to my own book. This is a while ago, but I found the exam easy (passed with an A) not unlike LPN school. For the nursing exams I used my text books from LPN school. Whwen I took the nursing exams I took four in a two day period (two each morning and two each afternoon) passed all four 3 A,s 1 B - 16 credits in two days, not bad. The rest of the nursing exams I took at the BS level so I could apply them to my BS and found them even easier. I know when you first start it all seems very confusing but for me it was the only way to go - and it gets easier and easier.
Let me know if you need any help.
Toni

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tasha in Fairfax, Virginia

77 months ago

Chasity R in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I would like to start The College Network ( www.college-net.com ) LPN to RN Program. Is anyone in the Ft. Lauderdale, Weston, Sunrise, Plantation, Florida area interested in doing it and being study partners? :-)

I also just signed up with college network. I'm waiting on my modules. I'll be your study partner. Have you taken any exams yet?

debbie in Spring Hill, Florida

77 months ago

Chasity, I have been hearing about the college network but don't really know what they offer. Are their materials a way of studying for the excelsior tests and is it very expensive? I am also in fl and interested in online studies. Thanks for any info. Deb

Tasha in Alexandria, Virginia

77 months ago

Each module is $400.00 dollars. The modules are suppose to take the place of the text books and the information is condense and only contains information you need to pass the exams (at least that's what the collegenetwork rep told me). I have not received my modules yet but I'll see what they have to offer soon enough.

doris in Bound Brook, New Jersey

77 months ago

don't forget you also will have to pay for teh excelsior exams - so you are paying alot more than what you should have. The modules are very thick - you are reading almost if not more than teh excelsior exams are

77 months ago

what about when you took the nursing concept 1 test, was it easy as well

Vicki in Minneapolis, Minnesota

77 months ago

AZIZA in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am using the College Network modules to complete Indiana State University LPN-BSN program. Does anyone want to join a study group I am complete Public Speaking. Any tips!!! My email is apilispencer@hotamil.com. Please no trash mail!!!

Hi...I was interested in the Indiana State University LPN-BSN program. I purchased the College Network books to complete the prerequisites, so I am not anywhere near starting the acutual program. I had some reservations about the acceptability in my state and called the Michigan State Board of Nursing to inquire. The individual I spoke with was bland, and not particularly helpful or expressive of knowledge but did say Excelsior and Indiana State are both approved programs. I understand the Associate through Excelsior, however, is not accepted in all states, such as Illinois. I just wanted to assure there was not a similar problem with the ISU BSN program. I don't feel like my question was answered to satisfaction.

If you have any insight to offer on the LPN-BSN program, I would love to hear it. I wish I were ready to join your study group!

Rick in Columbus, Ohio

77 months ago

Failed my first CPNE...

I was not prepaired for the stress level and made stupid mistakes-
Took too long giving an IV push
Left a tiny piece of gauze sticking out of my dressing
Didn't pick up the med order and put it next to the pt. bracelet to compare
Got a different BP than the evaluator (still think I was right)

I've never been good at dealing with test anxiety and this was near panic levels for me. Got 1 hour of sleep for 2 days. Kept thinking about the problems I would face if I failed- $1700 dollars and possibly another 6-9 month wait period. My life set behind... And I know that even if I take the stupid thing 2 more times, my stress may still get the best of me.

In my own opinion, if you have severe test taking anxiety, consider doing another program. Traditional programs break up things and give them to you in smaller chunks. The CPNE requires almost near perfection non-stop for 3 days, and anxiety defeated me.

If you don't have concerns about wait periods or the costs involved, or the possibility of the consequences of 3 failures, then this program will probably be great for you. I, on the other hand, regret getting myself into this mess and wish that I had gone to a traditional school. I've put in far too much time and money to give up now and can only hope that I defeat my demons for next time.

I'm not sure how many of my group passed, but I know nobody got through without at least a few skill and PCS retakes, and a few of the students were on their second CPNE try...

I feel like I've almost crested the mountain, but found a huge wall in my way.

Well, good luck to anybody else who is going to take the CPNE. It is not impossible, although you may get that impression by reading this. You need to know EVERYTHING with complete confidence. Remeber that stress can make even simple tasks difficult, even if you've done it thousands of times before.

Good luck all. Gonna try to scrounge together $1700 more dollars.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

mieko in Texas City, Texas

77 months ago

do you think you would have benefitted from the CPNE skills workshop?

seniorlpn in Cape Coral, Florida

77 months ago

to Rick in Ohio, sorry to know that you had failed the CPNE. i certainly can relate to having anxieties prior to and on test days! there is so much $$$$'s involved and I've only started with prerequist modules???? Good luck on your next CPNE.

Rick in Columbus, Ohio

77 months ago

Actually, I did do the workshop. It helped to some extent, but still did not prepare me for the stress levels.

Stacie in Hamilton, Ohio

77 months ago

Rick in Columbus, Ohio said: Actually, I did do the workshop. It helped to some extent, but still did not prepare me for the stress levels.

I just finished a semester at a local college and decided it was not for me. I have a rep from college network coming to my house Friday. Where did you have to go to take the workshop? How long was your wait? and where was your location? I am also in OH so just checking all my options. When you enroll in TCN do you have to directly enroll in EC from the start? I am so confused!!!!

Rick in Columbus, Ohio

77 months ago

You can apply to excelsior college directly. You don't need to use the college network. Go to www.excelsior.edu. Many of your questions can be answered on the website. Also, you can call the college and ask about the college network and any questions you have. CPNE workshops travel all around the U.S. They have a schedule of where and when they are on the website.

doris in Bound Brook, New Jersey

77 months ago

What you really need to do is - if you feel the testing was unfair- you should contact your state board of nursing. At one time if you missed one simple step Excelsior failed you. The had to start letting people pass with a percentage lower than 100%. If you don't speak up and stand up for yourself - you will always be put down and get the short end of the stick!Excelsior needs to start improving their CPNE !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tene in Covington, Georgia

77 months ago

Kimberly in Memphis, Tennessee said: I have a question....I have one exam left then will be able to register for the CPNE. A guy that I work with just finished his, and he said that you have to do a background check before registering for the CPNE, and that you have to know which state you will be testing in, in order to pay for the background check. How does accepting a cancellation date figure in w/ that? Because I had just planned on asking for a "first available" date, no matter where. when he told me that you pretty much have to know where u are testing to pay for this, I was pretty bummed. Can you let me know anything more in depth? gonna go look at your website tomorrow when I get home.

Kimberly,
I just registered for the CPNE and you do need to know which state you would like to do your CPNE in. I think they give you a backup choice. Then there is a question that asks you if you would take an earlier date. When doing the background check, they ask you if you have lived in another state, and charge you extra if so.
Good Luck on exam 7 and the CPNE.

77 months ago

how long did they say it will take before you are able to take the CPNE test, and don't they test in Georgia?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.