LPN to RN study group NJ excelsior college

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1451 to 1469 of 1469)
Page:  « First « Previous   27  28  29  30   

Bob in Stanton, Texas

26 months ago

Lisa Exner in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Hello everyone. I see there are still some questions from people about Excelsior's program and study material. I graduated last year from Excelsior and after first being sucked in by Distance Learning Systems (and getting out of the contract once I proved their material was inaccurate and did not help with the exams) I merely went thru the exams by downloaing the free course outline and then purchasing the study guides from My study group 101. These are updated constantly and the only thing I really needed to use. The other things I used were my Saunders NCLEX Review book and the free references thru the Excelsior online library . Yes I did purchase a couple of text books but really didn't use them!
This program can be done but it does require some dedication. I would simply set goals for myself and then deadlines. I completed all of the nursing theory exams in a 4 month time framce by doing 2 exams a weekend every 2 weeks or so. I worked a full time job while doing this. I have been an LPN for 25 yrs and it made it harder dong the theory exams because in some ways you had to "dumb down" to the text book way of doing some things as they are in the perfect world but we know that is not how we really do things!
Anyway anyone starting in this program as I have said in this post before You do not need any of the study stuff or the added cost that you will incur from Distance learning, College Network, Chancellor's, and all the others out there. You can get EVERYTHING you need from Excelsior and the Mystudygroup101.com

Good luck to each of you, it is amazing when you are all done!

Lisa RN

I am a paramedic in west Texas, I can't find anyone to study with.
I purchased and downloaded the StudyGroup 101. It's hard to remember the material as i study. How did you go about it. Do you think that reading the material once and then going thru the questions will work?
Robert

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jsterling in Palmer, Texas

25 months ago

Bob in Stanton, Texas said: I am a paramedic in west Texas, I can't find anyone to study with.
I purchased and downloaded the StudyGroup 101. It's hard to remember the material as i study. How did you go about it. Do you think that reading the material once and then going thru the questions will work?
Robert

Robert, I am in Ennis Tx. I use a site called quizlet for my study material.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ABR in Houston Are, Texas

24 months ago

I have been with TCN for about 10 months now. Haven't taken a test yet or anything because I have been really lazy about it. I REALLY need motivation and reading all these posts about how its a scam makes me sick that I gave them 5k...or more!!! :( Its my own fault though for not researching it first. I am on Sociology and its the only prerequ. I have left to take because I took all my other ones through a local community college. I'm done reading all the material for the second time but now I guess I need to restudy on mystudygroup101.com before I schedule my test? I need help!!! I'm feeling beyond discouraged right now.... :((

Tenstw25 in Queens Village, New York

24 months ago

Cara in Bronx, New York said: I would highly suggest you clep your prerequisites thru your local college , its much cheaper to test out and they tell you where to get the info to study for each test

Did you complete excelsior college nursing program?

24 months ago

21kendra in Brooklyn, New York said: So far, i would advise the excelsior recommended textbooks. I find them very helpful. Use them with the excelsior study guide posted on their website. You should be fine. or by extension mystudygroup101.com

Kendra,
Did you complete EC nursing program?

24 months ago

Edgar in York, Pennsylvania said: I passed Excelsior in 2009 using a Nursing Concepts book, and A&P book, a pharmacoloy math book, and used study guides I got off of ebay (Chancelors and Rue and College Network.) This worked for me. If I was to do it again, I would simply buy the actual textbook (one or two years old to save alot of money, not the current edition new) that Excelsior recommends (on Amazon.com or Walmart.com or a cheap online textbook site) and actually read the sections the syllabus says to read. If you do this, you can do the whole program, including one Excelsior CPNE skills seminar and all the fees ( hotels ) for less than $9000. This is if you pass all the tests on the first try, including the CPNE. If you flunk the CPNE the first time, about 40%) will (I did) then your costs would realistically be about $12000 to do the Excelsior program. I, personally, would highly suggest that you NOT do Chancelor, College Network, or RUE directly. Do a weekly ebay check for the materials that other suckers spent $5000 on and are now selling for pennies on the dollar online. IF you do decide to do those programs, AT LEAST talk with someone who successfully completed one of those programs. Not just a recruiter who will make you sign your life away. I have heard good and bad things from people who have used an outside company to do Excelsior's program. But mostly bad. It gives Excelsior a bad name but it is not their fault that people are to quick to find the Cliff Note's version of doing the program instead of actually reading the books the college itself recommends. Either way, good luck to you. Dan

Hi Edgar,
Did you find it difficult to find a job after completing EC program?

24 months ago

MelissaLPN in Brooklyn, New York said: Anyone in Brooklyn starting the lpn-rn program looking for a study group and more info on how to apply to the college .

Im doing the program. Did you complete program?

24 months ago

joye in West Babylon, New York said: Hi I am just starting out what books did you study from for your first exams email me please !!!!!!

Hi Joyce,
Lookimg for a study buddy. Are u still doing the program?

24 months ago

joy in West Babylon, New York said: i am an LPN looking to start the EC program I am eager to start anyone in NY long island area looking to form a study group please don't hesitate to contact me. I also need suggested reading for the first exam from those of you that took it and passed it what is the best advice you can offer. I am also looking for used material. i know i will complete this program and I am eager to help those after me to be successful as well

Hi Joy,
I live in Queens, NY. Did you complete program?

Bridgette in Las Vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

Hi Everyone, I am in Las Vegas close to Henderson,NV SW area and looking for a study buddy. My first class with Excelsior will be LPN transitioning in the RN Role. Anyone interested in the near area, Please hit me up. Bridgette, Thanks

moon in San Angelo, Texas

24 months ago

I want to let you know that I have had first hand experience with both the RUE and the College Network. They are both rip offs. you do not need them to get your LPN to RN. I finally went to a university and completed in 8 months and was a graduate in 12/2009. If you are serious then you can do it just through excelsior and if you choose not to pay them be careful they will come after your license and garnishments, and the state board will help them find you. Just do not get involved with them they are not what they say. Especially the recruiter they do not tell you the whole story. They say they promise you will pass or they will help you. Well that is only after you have failed and paid for 3 chances first. Be very careful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

moon in San Angelo, Texas

24 months ago

Saunders and NCLEX are excellent choses. Also the Kaplan is good

juliapre in Port Isabel, Texas

20 months ago

Excelsior college network lpn to rn books for sale. julie5024@aol.com

dinora04@live.com in Elizabeth, New Jersey

20 months ago

mandy in East Orange, New Jersey said: i just finished all my courses at excelsior within 8 months period. it was 7 nursing courses, one psych and information literacy online course. you schedule your exam through pearsonvue when you are ready and you have plenty of time to complete your exams. i passed all my classes with B'S and C'S and i passed the 3 part fcca exam and now preparing for the cpne. I could never be that far in a regular college where they require you to finish within two years to get an associate degree. i suggest that u go for it. Use chancellor's books and my study group 101 cd.

Morning, need help.. any advice.. i am enroll in excelisiors but havig hard time manging time with a FT job, PT,and kids including a newborn.. need advice.. glad to hear people like you finish this program.
Dinora.

CF in Baltimore, Maryland

15 months ago

Tenstw25 in Queens Village, New York said: Im doing the program. Did you complete program?

Hi Melissa, I live in brooklyn and looking for EC study partner.

Mesiam in New York

15 months ago

Agree with Lisa above. I am currently doing two Fcca classes. All of the nursing exams I passed on first try by studying the excelsior practice exams and studygroup101 notes. The hardest exam for me was the last one, life span 3, I think because I didn't study enough..but I passed with a C. There is so many negative comments about excelsior, let me share my thoughts. First anyone can do it! As long as you commit to an exam date you will need to study, and that is the best way to get through it fast, not study first then book the exam, this way you will never feel like you are ready for it. I gave myself 4-5 study days per exam. I cannot study for a month/ I will not remember the info for that long. Also, I like the flexibility and no stress! I only stress the one day that I would take the exam, made my life and everyone around me much happier ;) Now, I'm off to finishing Fcca by end of August and prepare for the wknd clinical. All best!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

v-will in hampton, Georgia

1 month ago

Hi
I am looking for excelsior nursing books. I have a set the old ones which is copyright in 2001 from The college Network. Can I use those or do I need the new ones?

v-will in hampton, Georgia

1 month ago

Hi
I am looking for excelsior nursing books. I have a set the old ones which is copyright in 2001 from The college Network. Can I use those or do I need the new ones? please email me at virginiamae@yahoo.com

Mesiam in New York

1 month ago

v-will in hampton, Georgia said: Hi
I am looking for excelsior nursing books. I have a set the old ones which is copyright in 2001 from The college Network. Can I use those or do I need the new ones? please email me at virginiamae@yahoo.com

I never used any of the College Network books but few of my friends did, and they thought they were useful. Check out ebay, you can buy more current ones for cheap.
Good Luck! I have finished my AD degree with Excelsior and will be starting again for Bsn!

Page:  « First « Previous   27  28  29  30   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.