LPN to RN study group NJ excelsior college

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 1466)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Jennifer Cooley in Montgomery, Texas

73 months ago

Nina in Richmond, Virginia said: Hello Everyone,
I just started the College Network program. I only have 11 classes to do but so many emotions are running through me... Please ANY advice for passing the exams first time? Was the clinical part hard? Is one particular testing(clinical site) easier than the others?Should I study like I studied for the NCLEX? ANY advice would greatly be appreciated.

I was just wondering what you think about the College Network. I am hearing mixed emotions about this. I am thinking about signing up. I know that it is expensive but I want material in front of me without having to do to much research. I don't have time for that. There are some positive comments about TCN but I see more negative. What do you think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Cooley in Montgomery, Texas

73 months ago

kemi in Houston, Texas said: 3 of my friends passed all of the excelsior exams under one year. Would like to join a study group in houston texas. I have the college network and chancellor materials.

What do you think about TNC's material's? I am thinking about signing up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tasha in Alexandria, Virginia

73 months ago

Hello, I have the new college network modules and I would like to join your study group. I'm actually in Virginia.

73 months ago

Chasity R in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I would like to start The College Network ( www.college-net.com ) LPN to RN Program. Is anyone in the Ft. Lauderdale, Weston, Sunrise, Plantation, Florida area interested in doing it and being study partners? :-)

Hello, I'm in Virginia and I just got my firtst module I'm doing the Collegenetwork LPN-RN my we can study together over the phone or online or something. Have you taken any exams throught excelsior yet? My number is 571-251-7439

73 months ago

Victoria in Nashville, Tennessee said: Hi, I'm the big 50, and have been an LPN since 1982. I have not worked in 10years, I have stayed home with my girls and have the last one in college now.
I started the Excelsior program Oct.2006,and finished Nov. 2007. I'm currently waiting to take my CPNE and I will be finished.
I highly rec. the program. I actually used The College Network, but found once I started with the nursing concepts, that their study books were not enough. I used the Excelsior books and study guides and did just fine.
I would rec. this to all LPN's.

Hello I just got my first module from the collegenetwork and I wanted to know how well did they work for you. I read that you stated you used excelsior books? Can you please elaborated a little more for your experience with the collegenetwork becasue I have already signed a contract. I would greatly appreciate any advice you have for me. Thank You

Brenda (b1pierre@aol.com) in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

Hey Kemi. I'm in Houston and about to get started also. How much time do you have to devote to a group. I work full-time but evenings are good for me.

73 months ago

I work a full-time job and a half and I'm single. I'm pretty flexible we just need to schedule times after we have reviewed the material so we can discuss it and things we don't understand. I don't know if I said to you but I'm in Virginia.

Stacie in Hamilton, Ohio

73 months ago

Ijust finished my first module with TCN and would also like to join some kind of online study group. My email is Hubbardstacie80@yahoo let me know if anyone is interested. I live in OH and I am doing it with a nurse I work with. It would be great to have some discussion with other points of view

Stacie in Hamilton, Ohio

73 months ago

TCN just started financing the test fees with the modules so no out of pocket costs until you have to sign up with excelsior, This just started last week. THe cost of excelsior and TCN still did not even come close to the local college in my area. I foud TCN module very easy to follow and I did have to google a few things to better understand but it really motivated me because it was completely understandable. I would rec anyone to do both but some do disagree. This is just my opinion. It makes it easy to take tests now knowing I dont have to come up with the extra money its all included. Email me if interested in studying over the phone or online. I have been an LPN for 7yrs.

Paula in Albany, New York

72 months ago

One comment:

Excelsior College is not affiliated with The College Network...please call our Admissions Office for information on Excelsior College and how it is the most affordable, flexible,
and doable on-line program available.

www.excelsior.edu

Racheal in Atlanta, Georgia

72 months ago

Yopu did not leave your email adress. I am not enrolled at excelsior yet, but I have been preparing to take NC1 test. So you think it will be best to do TCN now that the modules and testing fee's are waived?

72 months ago

I would love to participate in the phone or online study group.When do you plan on taking yoyr first test and how soon are you trying to complete the program?

72 months ago

What test or module are you studying and what material do you have? I would love to have a discussion about the material my email adress is rachy29581@yahoo.com

72 months ago

Do you remember the name of the excelsior books you purchased or do you still have them and would like to sell them? Some one told me to just byuy a fundamental of nursing book, but I need something that is going to be appropriate for the material because I do not have money to waist by taking the test and not passing. I am scepticle now about taking NC!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

I will call you I am studying for the NC1 test as well.I have to decide on a day to take the test.

72 months ago

I would love to join the study group. You can email me at rachy29581@yahoo.com. Is TCN books helping you?

Stacie80 in Cincinnati, Ohio

72 months ago

I am just getting all the pre req stuff out of the way. I am doing psychology then going to start religion or chemistry. I have not decided. I just called today to schedule my test in two weeks. I am trying to get finished as soon as possible. The TCN books are very helpful to me. But thats my opinion. My email is hubbardstacie80@yahoo.com if anyone is just starting and want to try to study. I am not going to do the NC1 until I get all these other tests done.

angel in Germantown, Ohio

72 months ago

Hi I think your the first person I have noticed even somewhat close to me. I have all the books/binders from TCN. They were given to me as a gift. I am not even sure where to start but I would like to get started. I started the fast track program at Bohecher in Sharonville, but time and money were both very short. It cost $24,000.00 to get through that program and I could not get grants. Do you know what the steps are to getting started through excelsior. Please let me know maybe we can study over the net. Thanks Angel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Hi Angel

I am an employee as well as a student here at EC...I would strongly suggest that you call our admissions office

Michelle in Hialeah, Florida

72 months ago

I just started with the Program,, here in Fort Lauderdale... I go to a class once a week.. I got all my pre reqs and began the first Nursing class. I do like to study with someone here in Fort lauderdale, miami area...

Stacie80 in Cincinnati, Ohio

72 months ago

Hey ANgel I am probally about 20 min from germantown. ONe of my close friends live there and actually work out that way as a nurse. I signed up with excelsior too but I personally like TCN books. I know a TON of ppl dont and they will be a post wit a link to excelsior under this but my friend an I both liked the modules. We started with Psychology. So if you want to study just let us know. Email me at hubbardstacie80@yahoo.com. I am happy that I am going thru excelsior. I was attending college in Cincinnati and it was just 2000 for one term!! and I earned NO credits because it was stuff they said I needed before even going to college level. It was a joke. I also checked out Bohecher. Way TOO much.

Tess in Lathrop, California

72 months ago

What is TCN Books?

Bridgette in Las Vegas, Nevada

72 months ago

Tanya in New Port Richey, Florida said: I'm pushing myself to do Excelsior. I am currently studying for NC 1 and as an LPN, we automatically get to skip NC 2... once I pass NC 1, I will be applying to EC (to hopefully save some money). I don't have much of a choice because of my responsibilities at home- after the lpn-rn is done, I'll be going back for rn-msn. I too need encouragement and the CPNE exam is the only thing that scares me. I know I'm not in NJ but we can form a group online right?

I would love to form a study group, and this is for the person that is unsure about Excelsior's program. I've been in Nevada for 8 months now and have run into at least 4 people that have done the program at "E". One that I work with now just finished the program, he said that the Nursing concept courses were very easy and he barely studies for them, he said he got a "C" but he didn't care. He also said that he went to California to take this weekend program that he said was very good in helping him pass the NClex. So just to let everyone know it can happen. When I graduated from College in 1998, I took everything except Micro. I'm kind of stuck and can't get motivated to finish this course. I just bought a book at Barnes and Nobles, one of those Made easy courses, but talking to the guy I work with I think I'll take the Nursing Concepts courses to kick me into gear then take the micro. What do you think? Anyone? Would love to do long distance study grouping.

72 months ago

Bridgette in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I would love to form a study group, and this is for the person that is unsure about Excelsior's program. I've been in Nevada for 8 months now and have run into at least 4 people that have done the program at "E". One that I work with now just finished the program, he said that the Nursing concept courses were very easy and he barely studies for them, he said he got a "C" but he didn't care. He also said that he went to California to take this weekend program that he said was very good in helping him pass the NClex. So just to let everyone know it can happen. When I graduated from College in 1998, I took everything except Micro. I'm kind of stuck and can't get motivated to finish this course. I just bought a book at Barnes and Nobles, one of those Made easy courses, but talking to the guy I work with I think I'll take the Nursing Concepts courses to kick me into gear then take the micro. What do you think? Anyone? Would love to do long distance study grouping.

Bridgette

72 months ago

well lets do it my email adress is rachy29581@yahoo.com my name is racheal and I am preparing to take the NC1 test

72 months ago

I'm not sure but I think it stands for The College Network

Bosede Olodun in Verona, Italy

72 months ago

bill nunoz in wiliamstown, New Jersey said: Bridget,
I took one excelsior exam (nursing concepts 1) about two years ago and passed it easy. It just took me a long time to make study notes and it was very boring doing it by myself. I stopped doing excelsior college out of bordem. I recently decided to go back to college. Every college I went to (community colleges and Rutgers) had to many requirements and courses to take before taken the LPN to RN course. It seemed I would be taken college courses for about 1.5-2 years before taken the LPN to RN course. Excelsior was easy to get in.
I live in Williamstown but I also have a apartment in Jersey City. I work as an agency nurse so I travel
all over New Jersey. If your interested in the study group let me know. Also, if you find a nursing school that is easy to get into, offer part time course, doesn't charge over 25,000K, and doesn't take so long to complete (3-4 years is to long for me). LPN course was great because it only took me a year and a half.
It seems like these colleges say LPN to RN transition but the course is as long as starting from the beginning. Also, excelsior cost about 7000k to complete. The cheapest RN to LPN course i found was Trinitas in Elizabeth which cost $20,000K if you pass all the courses one time.

Bill

please, contact me i think i might need your help in getting by the RN classes. I am an LPN please, do not post my name on your web.

Bosede Olodun in Verona, Italy

72 months ago

bill nunoz in wiliamstown, New Jersey said: Bridget,
I took one excelsior exam (nursing concepts 1) about two years ago and passed it easy. It just took me a long time to make study notes and it was very boring doing it by myself. I stopped doing excelsior college out of bordem. I recently decided to go back to college. Every college I went to (community colleges and Rutgers) had to many requirements and courses to take before taken the LPN to RN course. It seemed I would be taken college courses for about 1.5-2 years before taken the LPN to RN course. Excelsior was easy to get in.
I live in Williamstown but I also have a apartment in Jersey City. I work as an agency nurse so I travel
all over New Jersey. If your interested in the study group let me know. Also, if you find a nursing school that is easy to get into, offer part time course, doesn't charge over 25,000K, and doesn't take so long to complete (3-4 years is to long for me). LPN course was great because it only took me a year and a half.
It seems like these colleges say LPN to RN transition but the course is as long as starting from the beginning. Also, excelsior cost about 7000k to complete. The cheapest RN to LPN course i found was Trinitas in Elizabeth which cost $20,000K if you pass all the courses one time.

Bill

please, contact me i think i might need your help in getting by the RN classes. I am an LPN please, do not post my name on your web.

Doris in Somerville, New Jersey

72 months ago

Does anyone have a list of the required reading in the textbooks , for all of the Excelsior tests? I would like to start studying now, while I save up money to take the tests. I need to know the book and the chapters required for each test. Thank you and have a great day!

72 months ago

Hi Doris

If you are an enrolled student at EC I would recommend you give your academic advisor a call...

888-647-2388.

72 months ago

I am not enrolled- I don't have the money at this time. I would like to strat stduying , so when I get teh money I can take all the tests within a relatively short period of time. I will have the money in a few short weeks.

Mark in Fort Knox, Kentucky

72 months ago

Will in Hollywood, Florida said: Hi Ashley,
I completed my RN program with Excelsior last year. Just be aware that there are certain states that have restrictions on Excelsior graduates. I just came back from a vacation in California and I liked it there very much but I can not obtain a California RN license becuase I enrolled with Excelsior after Dec 06, 2003 deadline. I applied for one but was denied. I had no problem here in Florida becuase I had a LPN license. My advice to you, is to attend a traditional nursing program. It may not be an option for a lot of people but if you can than stick with the traditional way. I didn't becuase I had no plans of moving out of Florida, especially to CA. And now I deeply regret it.

I am Just curious what was the problem with the program? Is it accredidation? I am an LPN and am going to pay my fee to start but I also Travel with the military alot.

Mark in Fort Knox, Kentucky

72 months ago

C.B in Palm Coast, Florida said: WHAT WAS MISSING FROM CN BOOKS? DIFFRENCE?

Wwhere did you get the books and study materials?

Brenda in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

I went to the Excelsior online book store. You can follow the link from the homepage to get there. I entered the program I'm interested in, i.e. Associate degree in nursing, and they give you the complete book list. Then I went to Amazon.com and ECampus and bought all of them, even the optional texts. One of the ones I bought was listed as "used" but it was actually still in the plastic wrap with the CD never opened.

huckleberry in Ronkonkoma, New York

72 months ago

AZIZA in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am using the College Network modules to complete Indiana State University LPN-BSN program. Does anyone want to join a study group I am complete Public Speaking. Any tips!!! My email is apilispencer@hotamil.com. Please no trash mail!!!

how long and how much is that?

72 months ago

AZIZA in Cleveland, Ohio said: I am using the College Network modules to complete Indiana State University LPN-BSN program. Does anyone want to join a study group I am complete Public Speaking. Any tips!!! My email is apilispencer@hotamil.com. Please no trash mail!!!

how long and how much is that?

Nae in Derby, Connecticut

72 months ago

I just graduated as an LPN in Oct 08. I love my role, but like many Nurses became an LPN first because of all of the waiting list for RN school. Now that I have my LPN I must get my RN and plan on doing it through Excelsior. I think that anything is possible and truly bust my ass through LPN school; I could handle this. If you are head on about the whole LPN-RN thing through Excelsior e-mail me soon, I plan on starting the program Next Friday May 9th and completing 1 course a month, more if possible. naecag24@yahoo.com. I am a very serious student, and have changed my work scedule for this. Maybe the program is hard, but it is possible, other wise it would still not be running.

72 months ago

Sorry, I don't.

72 months ago

That is wonderful, it is also good to hear from someone where I was born and raised which is bridgeport,coo. But I am plannining on taking my first test in about 1 week, maybe you can join us in the online studying.I would like to have mine completed in 6 months so that I do not have to pay the annual fee again. my email adress is rachy29581@yahoo.com

72 months ago

Can you please tell me which books you ordered because there is like 78 listed on the excelsior book store site. The other thing is have you fouind them to be useful?

Brenda in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

This could be a long post and I dont want to take up too much time or space, but if you go to the EC Online Bookstore site, click on "Order My Books", you can then select "Excelsior College School of Nursing". From there, choose "2007-2008 Examination..." from the drop-down menu and below that select "School of Nursing ADN". That will get you the book list for that program. You'll have to select each exam and when you do, you will notice that the books are used for several of the courses. Be careful to choose 'Essentials'exams on the right and not the 'Concepts'exams on the left of the list. If you are an LPN, you likely have a medical dictionary already. Most people here, as well as the EC reps, strongly encourage you to use several reliable resources. I love textbooks... especially the authors used by EC. These are authors known to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Thank you so much..

72 months ago

Excelsior WILL NOT TALK to ME until I pay @$1000 to enroll. I would like to start studying, so I can immediatly take the tests - and avoid paying the additional fees by taking to long to do the program. Please let me know which books and what chapters are being used for the 7 tests. Thank you!

72 months ago

Hi Doris

I believe you are incorrect as to the enrollment fee...however,
it is about $800.00plus dollars, and we do have financial aid, scholarships and financing plan...You might want to check into it again

Paula
Excelsior College employee and student

Brenda in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

I am just getting started with Essentials 1. I downloaded the free exam content guide from the EC site. They will also mail it to you if you request it. It was the closest thing to a syllabus that I could find. Its like an outline for the exam. Included are text references for your studying pleasure and a practice exam. I've only glanced over it and I took the practice exam for, you know, practice. I got only 70% correct. That let me know that I WILL need to study for Essentials 1. After you take 1, you will have to pay the enrollment fee to go any further. I'm not sure, but I think the Exam Content guides are always free.

72 months ago

Dear Paula,
I have bad credit from being unemployed for so long. The scholarships offered are not for out of state people. I would love to be able to take tests - but am financiallly unable at this time. If you know of any bank that would lend me the money , with the bad credit I have , please let me know. Sincerely,
Doris Stinson

72 months ago

Doris in Somerville, New Jersey said: Dear Paula,
I have bad credit from being unemployed for so long. The scholarships offered are not for out of state people. I would love to be able to take tests - but am financiallly unable at this time. If you know of any bank that would lend me the money , with the bad credit I have , please let me know. Sincerely,
Doris Stinson

Banks aren't your best bet...you should try the U.S. department of education website (WWW.Ed.Gov); they have every known grant and loan program available; and most are not sensitve to credit woes. Also, try your state's department of labor website- there are educational assistance programs available in some states through department of labor on the state level- especially for those who are unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

There is relatively no body who will lend money for a person who is taking the tests without going through the full online courses. If anyone knows of a bank or other source, who will lend me the money to take the tests - please let me know. FAFSA will not lend money for these tests.

Brenda in Houston, Texas

72 months ago

You're right about one thing; you do have to be an enrolled student to get financial aid from most sponsors. FAFSA has other other money, depending upon your financial need, i.e. grants and scholarships. But for some of them, you have to be enrolled in some type of accredited program unless you are a high school student. You will likely have to pay the enrollment fee to qualify for financial aid. Credit rating does not always play a part in the decision to loan money. Most of the FAFSA loans are government guaranteed so credit worthiness is not the only factor in getting an approval. If you work, your employer may be willing to help with a little tuition reimbursement.

Doris in Piscataway, New Jersey

72 months ago

The Nursing classes might not be eligible for FAFSA. The tests for nursing definitly are not eligible for government aid. The point is alot of us can't make enough at our LPN jobs to pay teh bills and save money for school. Some of us have past due bills to pay - before we can get credit. I am looking for some place to lend me money to take the tests! It seems at that this posting site - some people just go around in circles- not answering the questions posed with the right answer- just throwing stuff around. I am signing off. Please don't email me again!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.