Comments (51 to 100 of 116)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

kgregg in Wappinger Falls, New York

80 months ago

try university of phoenix

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gin in Richmond, Virginia

77 months ago

yetunde ogundahunsi in Baltimore, Maryland said: CAN YOU GIVE ME SCHOOLS IN VIRGINIA THAT OFFERS ONE YEAR LPN
TO RN PROGRAMMES

John Tyler Community College offers one but Im pretty sure it is the same length as the reg. Nursing program... so it like 4 sem... so its about 2 years... It may be shorter because they offer those classes in the summer too which they do not allow the regular students to do... hopefully this helped

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

angelia in Laurel, Maryland

77 months ago

What is the full name of jtcc and vcu?

chrmnldy in Brentwood, Maryland said: I wanted to add a couple of things to my message:

One RSHT credits only transfer to JTCC nursing transition program. The classes are easy but fast pased..changing classes every 5 weeks, but it is accredited where has the others are just approved.

Two Devry has a day nursing program ($38,000 and 20 months)

Three Bon Secour has restarted their evening nursing program(only taking applications 2x a year, class is 30 months)

VCU has a fulltime nursing program for people who already have a Bachelor's. Its full time day for a year.

Southside Regional Medical Center and JTCC have both a day program and online program(clinicals are during the day)but space is limited.

Indiana State Univeristy does an LPN to Rn program online and you do your clinicals in the area, this program is approved by VA according to the website.

Im also finding that in order to transition from LPN to RN you must work as an LPN for a year before applying to the transition programs, but you can apply straight to the nursing programs with no experience...which makes no sense.

cath in Roanoke, Virginia

76 months ago

JohnInNY in Syracuse, New York said: Eleanor:

- You may want to try Excelsior College at www.excelsior.edu . I am just starting my LPN to RN program through them.

- I would contact them for a brochure and see what they have to offer.

- As a side note. Watch out for companies like College Network. This is a publishing company that sells you study guides for $3000 or more ... but are NOT affiliated with Excelsior. Just a heads up.

- Good luck in your edeavors.

John Coxey
(Syracuse, NY)

I called the Virginia State Board of Nursing and they will not accept Excelsior College. I lost over $1,500 doing this and would have lost even more if I had went through College Network.

Hshumaker in Richmond, Virginia

74 months ago

angelia in Laurel, Maryland said: What is the full name of jtcc and vcu?

John Tyler Community College and Virginia Commonwealth University, respectively.

heleneb in Williamsburg, Virginia

73 months ago

i need a LPN tp RN program in williamsburg or richmond va,,That college net work, are crooks and ex mentioned above is no longer being accepted in VA, Can any one help me find LPN to RN bridge prgram?If i had it all over to do again,,I would never do LPN program,,,EVER, it is so hard to fond work other than nursing homes, everyone has hiring freezes on- please email me at tebahn@gmail.com if you know of any,thanks

heleneb in Williamsburg, Virginia

73 months ago

beware of college net work,, i had sales person come into my home last august,,i cancelled in three days,, and never recieved one book or call from them or confirmed i joined,They turned me over to a collection agency and put i owed them over 10,000 dollars,,Do not go with them,, they are dishonest

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

hardworking nurse in New York, New York

72 months ago

Look everybody; you need to bear in mind that these "schools" receive money from the state to operate. These places for the most part are a system put in place to (10%) help educate the student and to (90%) bring profit to the school. Think of patients you have seen. We shake our heads and think, if efforts were put in place differently this patient would not be just be waiting to deteriorate but working toward some quality in his life. Haven't you seen patients and wondered, why can't more be done for this patient? Why because of money. Same is the priority of some (most) of these schools. These schools (even colleges) when we sign up for a programs to become an RN, some of the schools use us. Ruin our lives and futures. And they only care about profit!!!! Do you know why? It is because once you sign up for any type of financial aid nothing can legally undo that contract. You can never legally bankrupt student loans. They are with you for life, growing like a cancer. So when you sign you have signed a part of your life away. [It does not matter if you pass or fail, you are legally bound to pay].
When you play chess the pones are used to protect and push forward the king. Beware that the school you chose isn’t one of those mills who care more about using you for its own gain then helping you push forward and winning in life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly, LPN in Bloomington, Indiana

72 months ago

I am trying to find a collge that offers LPN to RN classes - I do not want to do Excelsior and am wondering about the Univ of Phoenix? Something close would be great...I really like the classroom experience, but just need to get my RN! Any suggestions? Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sandi123456@*****.*** in Highland, Indiana

70 months ago

looking for LPN to RN in Indiana..........is there anyone we can trust?

Kim in Hempstead, New York

70 months ago

Is there any one year LPN to R program in NY besides Helene Fuld? Also what about distance learning systems? I don't want to go through esxcelsior if ifs not going to be accepted in most states.

nadine in Orlando, Florida

69 months ago

OKDT in Richmond, Virginia said: Beta Tech in Richmond,va is now Centura College and I attend there LPN program. It's hard work and I'm almost finish my 1st quarter.If you really want it its a good school to attend they have a passing rate of 90% or better when it comes to the State Boards.I will graduate in May 2009.It's a very fast paced program but the teachers so far are great. I attend ful time Mon.-Thurs. 8:30-3:30 for 14 1/2 months.

Iam in centura in florida looking to move transfer to centura in richmond!my school has 50% graduation rate! Just yesterday the whole lpn class failed the ati's because nothing they were taught in class was on the ati!The teachers are always new! Iam really scared and iam an a student!

bebe in Bronx, New York

69 months ago

nicholle in Sanford, Florida said: I have been reading your replies..LPN- RN and I know that I can become an RN in one year or so with Excelsior College. I went on their site and got very confused. I am trying to figure out what programs (courses ) that I have to take in order to become an RN. I contacted Excelsior College and they were no help what so ever. I apologize for sounding ignorant but any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Nicholle

Go to the Excelsior site, go to the nursing section and download the ASN catalog.

Look over the required courses -You only have to take the ones that you don't have credits in. If you want Excelsior to evaluate your needs, then you'll send in your transcript when you enroll and they will provide the info for you. BTW you don't have to enroll until you're ready for the 3rd Nursing exam - They allow you to take all of your pre-reqs & the 1st two
nursing exams prior to enrollling(the enrollment fee covers a certain amt of time,after that you'll have to pay again). So depending on how many credits you have, you might choose this option :-)

helene in Williamsburg, Virginia

69 months ago

How old is that post,,I got it in my email,,ALL LPN or RN,,Want to make good money doing flu cliniic in williamsburg or richmond..?They pay better than maxin.They pay 20 bucks an hour,,It called Mollen industry,,Go to www.flushotsusa.com..NOW,,Apply,,They call within 24 hours,,Hurry there plenty of PT day and FT shifts left ,,I live in williamsburg ,I know we need another Nurse..They need help all over Va..They really nice,,The pay is pretty good..Clinics start sept one..HURRY,Most of the flu clinic will be at walmarts/sam club some HT,,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

babykins in Somerville, New Jersey

68 months ago

hardworking nurse in New York, New York said: Look everybody; you need to bear in mind that these "schools" receive money from the state to operate
When you play chess the pones are used to protect and push forward the king. Beware that the school you chose isn’t one of those mills who care more about using you for its own gain then helping you push forward and winning in life.

I agree with you 100% . Health care used to be about caring - now everything is a money making scam . many of these online schools are crap.College Network got me for 5K

hardworking nurse in New York, New York

68 months ago

Yes I had heard that. :(

cathe in Columbia, South Carolina

68 months ago

I got screwed with the College Network! Signed me up for classes and NEVER SENT THE 1ST BOOK! They have ruined my credit and I have included a note in my credit report that states they never completed the enrollment yet keep trying to get the full price of the tuition.
As far as Centura, I have found that it depends on the instructor and the location. Some are good and some are not. Like any school do your research. My experience was reported to my previous school and they no longer promote college network!

helenebahn in Williamsburg, Virginia

68 months ago

I have the same issue with college network TOO.I never even agreed to anything.After the sale person leaves your home.They record your agreement over the phone,,,Good ideal..WRIT your attorney genral in your state.We need to stop this FAUD,,They turn my account over to a company sold it without my knowlege and these folks put on my CR i ow them 9,000 for what!!!!!! I got nothing!!!!! I agreed to nothing,I never spoke to one rep on the phone after the sales person left my home,,I was not even working,,It was my husband money.I told him i had to discuss it with them before i committed,, I lived in florida at the time,,Maybe we need to contact them in DC..now i am in VA where the state does not reconize anything from this company or the program.You can not even get licensed or sit for boards,,We need to band 2 gether,,Go to the media!!!!Keep in contact,,We need to start a blog and warn other's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cathe in Columbia, South Carolina

68 months ago

I was in MO when that happened, called our state atty who said "we'll look into it" MO won't let anyone from college network sit for boards so..... Now I can't go forward and I'm trying to get this cleared from my credit report! It is forum's like this that I keep telling my story.

mustang985 in La Place, Louisiana

68 months ago

Is there anyone doing ISU lpn to bs program? If so can you tell which clep exam can I take for math 102, english 101, english 105.
Thank you in advance

mushky in Ridgewood, New York

67 months ago

meri in Maspeth, New York said: It was from a friend of mine who'd done a travel position in Phoenix (I believe she referred to AZ as one of the states), and I'm trying to get back in touch with her to find out more. Apparently several individual states were more than questionable about it, but a bunch of LPNs were trying to get groups together to petition the Federal government to push it through. If anyone else is interested in petitioning for this, I'd love to work with them to see if we can take some steps toward it.

Please update

Helene B in Williamsburg, Virginia

65 months ago

Hey virgina LPN do not use and anything to do with college network for your Rn.The board here in this state does accept anything from them-They are a big time scam- artistand will destroy your credit- also.Email me and do your online complains -There are a lot of complains about them from other LPN- I peronally have been taken from them. For More details feel feel to email.I never agreed to anything with them.Nor did i recieve one tex book or phone call ro comfirm my interest so forth after a sales rep came into my home,,,I was not even employed at the time.They wanted almost 300 bucks a month for payments,,It is very hard,,Than .I recieved bills from another company demanding money and they placed it on my credit report ,close to 10,000 bucks.I have filed with attorney general office with them in two states..

babe in Saint Louis, Missouri

65 months ago

Kim in Hempstead, New York said: Is there any one year LPN to R program in NY besides Helene Fuld? Also what about distance learning systems? I don't want to go through esxcelsior if ifs not going to be accepted in most states.

try SUNY or a local community college- a few NYS colleges are no longer offering RN classes since that field has been flooded with many graduates. Try your best and you will make it.

gkendrick in Asheboro, North Carolina

63 months ago

lthomas in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: JUST WONDERING ABOUT COLLEGE NETWORK AND EXCELSOR COLLEGE? ANY IDEAS FROM ANYBODY? I SEE A FEW NEGATIVES EXPERIENCES

I have done some research on college network and IM STAYING AWAY FROM IT. They will drain your bank acct.

63 months ago

they do more than drain your bank account- they destroy your credit and comitt fraud to do it-they need to be shut down by each state and put behind bars and forced to stop preying on us.write to your state attorney genral and file a complain- we need to stop them and then their so called finance company whom they sell the contact too without your knowelege of even agreeing to sign on to there program-Credit bureas are not help-

63 months ago

Ken in Wesley Chapel, Florida said: Is anyone using RUE for the study guides?

after reading the BAD reps about college network, I am scared to get involved
with Rue also. The advisor for Rue calls me all the time with discounts if in sign the agreement that same day. She states I could not do the Excelsior Lpn To RN without their materials and assistance. She states Excerlsior does not provided any assistance. So this tells me, If its to Good to be True then it probably is.
I'm going to go with what I know is real.

63 months ago

JOJO in Slingerlands, New York said: STAY AWAY FROM RUE THEY ARE A RIP OFF!!! THEY ONLY DISTRIBUTE THE BOOKS..YOU HAVE TO TRANSFER TO EXCELSIOR IF THEY ACCEPT YOUR PREVIOUS COURSES!!!

Thanks for your advise. I have wondered about RUE. They call me all the time offering discounts.

62 months ago

Dont even mess with Rue.There nice on the phone-Arnet they all.lol..They a book publisher- Unless your VERY displine.IT is very hard.Did they tell you after you compete each unit,You have to pay over 200 bucks to take the exam ?Wait to clinicals.Expensive..They make all these promises to help you get thur clinials part tests.I imagine we would be really placed under a mircoscope during those clinicals..b/c of not being in a real Nursing program like a CC or hospital program.Ask your self this...IF it was so great .Why isnt more LPN"S rushing into to this or posting about it in a positive manner...Like you- I wanted to beleive them so much.After many months and over 2 years of researching and being ripped off from College network,I would not trust them either-It all sounds so good and EASY.I went thur that also.WE want to be RN's and we want to do it now..lol..PLUS .The monthly payments for just the publisher books.Thats what Rue is a publisher .Are close to 300 bucks a month.Depending if you pay a down payment-They press you hard for that money-I have found that "if it sounds too good to be true" IT is.Follow your gut.Your just have to try another way.I have found a LPN to RN bridge program that takes 15 months and does not require mirco and chem and other stuff..But the entrance exam is difficult-IT called Hesi- I ll keep your posted.If i pass that exam next week and can get all my finances lined up.I will start the bridge program April 11 of this year and have Associate in Nursing and graduate at the end of July 2012,This is class room.I learn better in a hands on.Where as after a while you get lonley reading/and reading at home.I have heard stories from other RN"S i have worked with in the past stating they would never go back for their BSN in Nursing b/c it was a nightmare and difficult in many areas.I think i can deal with 15 months fast paced program.I am not working at this time.I am tired of competing with new grads or other LPN's since everyone cut back

62 months ago

Thanks Helene, Keep me informed on how thing are going.

62 months ago

Eleanor Snyder in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Looking for LPN to RN online programs

The state of Virgina no longer accepts any of nurses thur above program,Good luck to you,THEY ARE scam artise and rips off's- In richmond va is a school,It takes 15 months to go from lpn to rn ,Anyone tells you anything else,They are liars

62 months ago

Tonya in Midlothian, Virginia said: This is Tonya again, I misread the question. No the best school is probably going to be Excelsior. There are waiting list everywhere and they are competitve based. (GPA) persons withe the highest gpa get in.

they are afficalted with the collge network,,If you live in Virgina and sign on with these people,,You will never work in virgina,,,Go to virgina board of nursing before you sign anything with both of these groups

missredd3 in Ringgold, Georgia

62 months ago

Does anyone know of any LPN to RN bridge programs located in Charlotte NC or in a 20-30 mile radius?

missree3 in johnson city, Tennessee

62 months ago

I was interested in the LPN to RN bridge program, does anyone know of any locations in Charlotte NC or within an 20mile radius????
thank you!!!!!!!!

62 months ago

yetunde ogundahunsi in Baltimore, Maryland said: CAN YOU GIVE ME SCHOOLS IN VIRGINIA THAT OFFERS ONE YEAR LPN
TO RN PROGRAMMES

Davidson community college in Lexington Nc has Lpn 1yr & Lpn to Rn and Guilford tech in greensboro nc has Lpn one yr. program and Lpn to Rn. I Dont Know what VA offers. Good Luck

robin nichole in Richmond, Virginia

62 months ago

Hi I just found out that John Tyler no longer offers a bridge program for lpn to Rn and Im upset. I was planning to attend. Does anyone know of any colleges her in Richmond Va that has a program similar. I dont want Fortess College or ECPI, they are too costly and I dont want to attend school everyday also they dont offer any online courses . HEEEEEELP
thanks

robin nichole in Richmond, Virginia

62 months ago

How long is the lpn to Rn Program? in Greensboro

missree3 in johnson city, Tennessee

62 months ago

gkendrick in Asheboro, North Carolina said: Davidson community college in Lexington Nc has Lpn 1yr & Lpn to Rn and Guilford tech in greensboro nc has Lpn one yr. program and Lpn to Rn. I Dont Know what VA offers. Good Luck

thank you...

62 months ago

ECPI in Greensboro N.c Does not have Lpn TO Rn. They Have Lpn or Medical asst Only.

robin nichole in Las Vegas, Nevada

62 months ago

Thank you . I heard they are no longer doing the bridge program in mary places becaue of the credicts . The state board is regulating a lot of things with these schools. Im stuck taking the 20 month program and its full time. John tylers programs is just $10,000 compared to ECPI $43,000 for 15 months smh .

bunnywunny in Phillipsburg, New Jersey

62 months ago

Tonya in Midlothian, Virginia said: This is Tonya again, I misread the question. No the best school is probably going to be Excelsior. There are waiting list everywhere and they are competitve based. (GPA) persons withe the highest gpa get in.

EXCELSIOR fails many people - but thye dont tell you about that . Over half fail to make it to the clinical program day 2 - with the patients - EXCELSIOR is not the best way to go at all. Excessive fees also. Long wait- better off trying another school.

bunnywunny in Phillipsburg, New Jersey

62 months ago

hardworking nurse in New York, New York said: Look everybody; you need to bear in mind that these "schools" receive money from the state to operate. These places for the most part are a system put in place to (10%) help educate the student and to (90%) bring profit to the school. Think of patients you have seen. We shake our heads and think, if efforts were put in place differently this patient would not be just be waiting to deteriorate but working toward some quality in his life. Haven't you seen patients and wondered, why can't more be done for this patient? Why because of money. Same is the priority of some (most) of these schools. These schools (even colleges) when we sign up for a programs to become an RN, some of the schools use us. Ruin our lives and futures. And they only care about profit!!!! Do you know why? It is because once you sign up for any type of financial aid nothing can legally undo that contract. You can never legally bankrupt student loans. They are with you for life, growing like a cancer. So when you sign you have signed a part of your life away. [It does not matter if you pass or fail, you are legally bound to pay].

You have said it best!

Cathe in Columbia, South Carolina

62 months ago

missree3 in johnson city, Tennessee said: thank you...

Are you saying that a Med Assistant is higher than an LPN? In MO the way it was set up CNA, Med Assist/Med Tech, LPN, RN, CNP. Has it changed? In SC Med Assist is BELOW a LPN, why would you want to do that?

Cathe in Columbia, South Carolina

62 months ago

gkendrick in Asheboro, North Carolina said: ECPI in Greensboro N.c Does not have Lpn TO Rn. They Have Lpn or Medical asst Only.

When has a Med asst outranked an LPN? I thought that LPN/LVN next step was RN, At least in SC it is..

Margie in New York, New York

62 months ago

tierra in Richmond, Virginia said:

Excelsior has failed many people. Ask the college what there success rate is. Yhat is a a good question to ask any Nsg program. The % rate of students that start progral and finish.
Excelsior's success rate is in the 60's.

62 months ago

Cathe in Columbia, South Carolina said: Are you saying that a Med Assistant is higher than an LPN? In MO the way it was set up CNA, Med Assist/Med Tech, LPN, RN, CNP. Has it changed? In SC Med Assist is BELOW a LPN, why would you want to do that?

No medical asst. dont make more than an Lpn on the norm, but Lpns are being forced to EXECPT medical asst jobs due to Medical Offices cutting cost so they will hire Lpns at a medical asst. pay. Things have changed so much since I became an LPN 14 yrs ago

JUST A thought...
LPN/Rns are monitored by the state board. Who monitors the medical asst? Nobody, they can go from one place to another with medical errors.

bookman34 in Tampa, Florida

61 months ago

nicholle in Sanford, Florida said: Is this true? Can i take a one year program to go from a LPN to RN. Normally RN takes four years and LPN here in Florida is one year. If so...this is excellent news.

There are many schools in Florida that offer transition programs from LPN to RN. 15 months in Tampa.
bookman

Ann in Bronx, New York

61 months ago

does anyone know of a lpn to asn online program in NYS?

Detroit to N.C. in Lansing, Illinois

60 months ago

I'm looking to relocate to N.C. Not sure what part yet but I'm looking to do a lpn to Rn programs. Please name a couple.

school first in Richmond, Virginia

59 months ago

Toni in Richmond, Virginia said: I dont agree with the comment that beta tech has the highest pass rate on the boards. As a matter of fact they have one of the worst pass rates on the broads. The school got such a bad reputation that they changed the name from beta tech to centura. Some of the Schools with the higest pass rates for Practical Nursing are St.Marys School of Nursing @ 92% and MCI@ 88%. Check it out for your self. St.Marys School of Nursing and Chesterfield tech are some of the most affortable schools averaging anywhere from $2500-$3500 to attend. All cost included because they are funded through the county unlike those high priced private school. I Know alot of people who went to those high priced private colleges and never passed there state board. Just Something to think about.

Are you sure MCI is only 3500/year? Is this for LPN-/RN??

nynurse in Poughkeepsie, New York

59 months ago

jj in Summit, Mississippi said: Hi,
My name is JJ and I am having problems passing the tests through excelsior. The test seem foreign to me what you are to ready and study. Have you taken any of the test and passed if so what did you study?

I was a dummy and signed up with Rue Educational publishers. I had to pay them over $4,000 for all the study guides. I took all the Excelsior College exams and did well on most of them. The problem was at the end -- the Clinical weekend that they make you do. It cost almost $2,000 at the time (2006) and I didn't pass it -- even though I had been an LPN for 10 years at the time. I advise you to go to a community college for your ADN instead.

P.S.If you want to buy these nursing study guides you can get them used (or sometimes brand-new) on Ebay for a heck of a lot less money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.