LPN TO RN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 116 of 116)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

mrsA in Federal Way, Washington

37 months ago

Is anyone waiting to get into Clark College bridge program. (Vancouver) Did anyone get an acceptance letter yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tess34inpp@yahoo.com in Houma, Louisiana

36 months ago

HI everyone! I am looking at this site because I am looking for a program to complete my RN. I have been an LPN for 15 years. I have looked in to the on line programs and have found that Excelsior is the only program that has a clinical component to it. If you start out for example with RUE, then you would have to transfer your credits to Excelsior eventually to complete your cinicals. The fail rate for clinicals is very high, and the fees are outrageous. I had signed up with Exelsior and completed all of my theory exams. I just had my clinicals left to complete but found out because I didn't pay registration to the school while not actively taking any test (because I was completed) that they placed me on a withdrawn status.....RESULT>>>now I have to retake the entire nursing component again because some of the courses had been updated. It would have been nice to have been explained that I needed to keep up the fee to keep all of my credits active. I think it is all a scm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Helene in Williamsburg, Virginia

36 months ago

Dont do it.I live in the state of VA. They will not let you sit and take RN exame.Most board of Nursing thur out us ARE not reconizing these online schools succh as rue and will not let you sit for boards if you go with this company and college net work,,I too have been LPN for over 15 years. I can not find work as an LPN or get hired ,They taking new grad nd younger Nurses..I have been looking ativley for two years for employment. If it sounds too good to be true .. IT IS. There are no short cuts to getting AA. ECPI haa AA fast pace 15 month program..You will be throwing out over 10,000 bucks if you go with either of any of thes companies. I signed on to Collge net work three years ago,I never got one book or booklet from them,,I cancelled the contract.They still sold my cancelled contract to another finance company .College net work and ti company whom i never heard of .Put that i owed over 10,000 on my credit LPN have truly made it thur them.Yes, They will tell you ever thing you want to hear on the phone or from the CN sales person who comes to your home.They want a min of 300 in advance down payment and tana almost 300 bucks every month until you have paid off the loan. They only report to Credit bureas when you dont pay.You are given one modular at time to read and review anad test.Yes it is self pace.But they crooks,,Your gonna have to do what i am doing. Go to your local CC and do your prereqs and wait to get in..PLEASE LISTEN TO ME. THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR LIFE AND CAUSE YOU UNDO GRIEF..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Helene in Williamsburg, Virginia

36 months ago

All those online school are scam.I was ripped off by College Net work.After i cancelled they sold my contact and put it on my credit report.Stay with ======================================Aredited school.There iss no easy and quic way to go from LPN to RN.Most states do nt and will not recconize the training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jesse in West Palm Beach, Florida

36 months ago

Already a LPN? You Can Get Your RN Degree Completely Online. Start Now
www.nursing-classes.info/licensed-practical-nurse/online-lpn-to-rn-bridge-programs/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shannon77 in auburn, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

Helene in Williamsburg, Virginia said: Dont do it.I live in the state of VA. They will not let you sit and take RN exame.Most board of Nursing thur out us ARE not reconizing these online schools succh as rue and will not let you sit for boards if you go with this company and college net work,,I too have been LPN for over 15 years. I can not find work as an LPN or get hired ,They taking new grad nd younger Nurses..I have been looking ativley for two years for employment. If it sounds too good to be true .. IT IS. There are no short cuts to getting AA. ECPI haa AA fast pace 15 month program..You will be throwing out over 10,000 bucks if you go with either of any of thes companies. I signed on to Collge net work three years ago,I never got one book or booklet from them,,I cancelled the contract.They still sold my cancelled contract to another finance company .College net work and ti company whom i never heard of .Put that i owed over 10,000 on my credit LPN have truly made it thur them.Yes, They will tell you ever thing you want to hear on the phone or from the CN sales person who comes to your home.They want a min of 300 in advance down payment and tana almost 300 bucks every month until you have paid off the loan. They only report to Credit bureas when you dont pay.You are given one modular at time to read and review anad test.Yes it is self pace.But they crooks,,Your gonna have to do what i am doing. Go to your local CC and do your prereqs and wait to get in..PLEASE LISTEN TO ME. THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR LIFE AND CAUSE YOU UNDO GRIEF..

I am relocating to chester va area and i am an lpn looking for a bridge program for asn RN. i am not familiar with college options in the richmond area but if anyone is currently an lpn in a local program pursuing Rn id love to hear from you. I know some programs range from 15 months to 3 years and id like to do this feasible and as fast as possible. Thanks !

school first in Richmond, Virginia

34 months ago

I went to a "pretend" school also, so I could get out quick. I later started again from scratch at J.Sargeant Reynolds CC. After being told that non of my credits would transfer over to any of the 2 year accredited school(J.Tyler, Grammaner) I decided to stick with a legitament school. I have been very pleased with the quality of rn's that come out of this school. It is not the amount to time you go to school it's the quality of education you get from JSRR. You will be surprised on how many hospitals will hire you, because NOT ONE would hire me or my friends from those bogus school. You WILL NOT BE UNHAPPY going to JSRR or JTyler as you will get a very high standard degree when you are done. Good luck and remember you will know all the answers that are on the Boards as we go over just about all of them. Good Luck and happy future!

34 months ago

I went to a "pretend" school also, so I could get out quick. I later started again from scratch at J.Sargeant Reynolds CC. After being told that non of my credits would transfer over to any of the 2 year accredited school(J.Tyler, Grammaner) I decided to stick with a legitament school. I have been very pleased with the quality of rn's that come out of this school. It is not the amount to time you go to school it's the quality of education you get from JSRR. You will be surprised on how many hospitals will hire you, because NOT ONE would hire me or my friends from those bogus school. You WILL NOT BE UNHAPPY going to JSRR or JTyler as you will get a very high standard degree when you are done. Good luck and remember you will know all the answers that are on the Boards as we go over just about all of them. Good Luck and happy future!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Please stay far away from all the Pretend schools you have mentioned. NONE of the accrediated schools like JSR or JT or Germanna will take any of their classes. Please bit the bullet and go to JSRR for your LPN -RN as it still is a two year program.
If you go you will know that you are in the best accrediated school around - even beats out VCU with boards. So, don't be lazy and do what most of us do and bite the bullet and "suffer" with their hours as it was well worth every bit of it. When you think you are getting a deal, that's when you are into paying back thousands and thousands of dollars. It's not worth it and I can tell you first hand. Good luck and hope you take good sound and experienced advice!!

34 months ago

yetunde ogundahunsi in Baltimore, Maryland said: CAN YOU GIVE ME SCHOOLS IN VIRGINIA THAT OFFERS ONE YEAR LPN
TO RN PROGRAMMES

There are no reliable or responsible school in the state of Va that will give you a degree in 1 year. You must take a 2yr program in order to have a change to pass the boards. Anything less will hurt your chances of a solid foundation of learning. Please stay away from Excelsior program. It is a false program and you will be raped of your money for nothing. As far as VCU, you can attend, but must take 4 years for your BS degree. The only 2 year are John Tyler and J.Sargeant Reynolds Colleges. Do not go to RHST, again a false school whose classes DO NOT transfer to another school should you ever decide to continue. Also, these "pretend" schools charge unbelieveable costs; whereas JSR/JTyler cost no more than 4,000 and up and you can qualify for Financial Aid.

Please note that soon there will be no more schools with 2 year degrees as Board of Nursing wants all nurses to have a 4 year degree, so get on board and at least get the 2 year out of the way now at a solid school like JSR and J.Tyler. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THESE "PRETEND" SCHOOLS!!!!

34 months ago

school first in Richmond, Virginia said: Are you sure MCI is only 3500/year? Is this for LPN-/RN??

Those "private" schools also are not recognized by most magnet hospitals and will not hire anyone without at least a 2 year degree from a recognized Community College.

34 months ago

oldtimer in Angier, North Carolina said: If you want to deal with a bad school rock on over to Centura. They may not even have teachers available for classes you need to take. One day there will be an audit and it will come out that unqualified people were teaching classes. Most are unemployable in their fields as they dont have the knowledge background. At the West campus they had a lady that was a figurehead. She was so old she barely made it to the classroom.

The school has an interesting way of maintaining staff employment. Ask about how a director was fired for giving an unproctored nursing exam to students after they had failed several times. Ask why you wont see the good teachers there very long. Ask why the guy running the computer business program has no computer skills and even though the whole school knows he is woefully underqualified he is still allowed to teach classes.

Go to John Tyler, MCV, St Marys, MCI or somewhere that staff is trained, professional and not just selling you 'scrubs' with a school logo. I would NEVER let a Beta Tech/centura grad touch me in a medical situation.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT THOSE "PRETEND" SCHOOLS - PROMISE YOU EVERYTHING UNTIL YOU SIGN THE DOTTED LINE AND YOU GET NO PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS (THE GOOD ONES ARE ONLY PART TIME AS THEY WORK AT REAL SCHOOLS OR HOSPITAL FULL TIME.
LOVED YOUR POST - AND YOU WERE ACTUALLY KIND IN YOUR DESCRIPTIONS. PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE THE BULLET AND GO TO A RESPONSIBLE SCHOOL LIKE J.TYLER/JSR OR ST. MARYS. THEY ARE ALSO ONLY A FRACTION OF THE COST AND REALLY CARE IF YOU LEARN OR NOT!! BE CARFUL EVERYONE AS SOON 2YEAR DEGREES WILL NOT BE RECOGNIZED. STATE NURSING BOARDS ARE TRYING TO GET NURSES WITH ONLY 4 YEAR DEGREES (NOT DIPLOMAS). SO GET THAT 2 YEAR DEGREE NOW BEFORE THE RULE CHANGES FOREVER!!!

Joy in Oak Park, Illinois

34 months ago

Is there anyone out there that can give me positive feedback of the lpn to rn program of the college network?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl in Portsmouth, Virginia

33 months ago

marie in West Haven, Connecticut said: Do anyone know someone who started and finished the Excelsior LPN to rn program

I know many RNs that graduated from Excelsior and live/wrok in VA. I also spent money, time studying & Testing to find out when I only had 1 Nrusing course left and the CPNE through excelsior that the VA State Baord of Nursing was cutting me off at the knees about Excelsior. I basically begged and pleaded (Especially at the time there was a 6-9 month waiting period from the time you were accepted for the CPNE and time you actually took it). But, VA BON said no 2009, was the deadline, no exceptions.
I think VA BON should consider if you (like me) are a practicing LPN then we should be able to take the Excelsior program as is. But, it is what it is now. So I'm looking for a program too, preferably online with little clinicals. I do patient care daily, I don't want anymore.

Workingitout in Oklahoma

24 months ago

Joy in Oak Park, Illinois said: Is there anyone out there that can give me positive feedback of the lpn to rn program of the college network?

The college network is a publishing company (as is Rue, Chancellor's, Achieve, etc.) - they do not grant credits or degrees - they publish study material for the Excelsior nursing exams, but are not affiliated with excelsior. It is WAY cheaper to go directly through excelsior. If you don't want self paced and self study, you should apply to a community college - they are usually cheaper than universities, but the wait here is 2 years.

Our DON is a 2009 Excelsior graduate and a real inspiration. I've enrolled and will be taking 2 exams this week using studygroup101 ($10) and saunders ($26). She advised not to use the college network because of cost and the material not being adequate. As for the Clinical, she told us that you have to practice till you dream critical elements and that confidence was the key to passing, 5 of 6 passed at her weekend and each took a workshop to prepare,so that is what I will do also. Lurking at some other nursing forums some students are getting in the CPNe in 3-4 weeks on the cancellation list.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Waited to late in Norfolk, Virginia

24 months ago

I would suggest being sure that your state will acknowledge Excelsior as an accredited school of nursing before applying anywhere. Here in VA, Excelsior is not an acknowledged school since 2009, VA State Board of Nursing changed their Clinicial hour requirements for graduation and NCLEX (500 clinical hours). I also recently (6/2012) received an email from Excelsior about the new requirements for A&P, it has to be within 5 years of applying to Excelsior. I tried going this route and only had 2 Courses w/Exce3lsior to complete and the CPNE but VA changed their regulations and I couldn't complete those 3 before the End of 2009, I really fought for the extension, but it was for not. I also suggest that if your state acknowledges Excelsior and you are going to do it, then "Do It", don't put it off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.