LPN Schools in NYC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 100)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

angelika22 in New York

65 months ago

punix in Poughkeepsie, New York said: I know of a program in Poughkeepsie, n.y. which is slated to start soon. The name of the school is Boces in dutchess county, goggle it up and see if there are still openings..

Yes I was accepted to this program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Norristown, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

denise in Bronx, New York said: mid-manhattan adult learning center. 212 west 120th street in manhattan. tel# 2 one 2- six6six- 1919. take the A train to 125th Saint Nicholas. walk to 120th street. the program is free.But you have to pay about 2,000 dollars for books and uniforms;half in the first part of the program and then half the second part of the program. The program is for 10 months for full time students and 18 months for part time students

Is it difficult to get in this school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

racquel13 in Bronx, New York

64 months ago

i recently took the test for lincoln tech in new jersey and passed but after hearing the cost of their lpn program i decided not to go with them. i did apply at boces in westchester but i sent my application in too late. i just got my ged and really need to start attending an lpn school i live in the bronx. am thinking about applying for boces prep classes for the 2012 lpn program but i have to wait a whole year am really confused and stressed out because i dont know of any schools now that are accepting application now in nyc only jersey and thats too far and expensive and i dont drive. need some advice please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

64 months ago

rachael in Brooklyn, New York said: I saw ur comment, I just called the school no one answered so I left a message. Someone posted that the school is half hour from G C, do u have to take any other transport when u get off the train? What's the cost of their program? I want to get this lpn program started.
The school is one and a half hrs. from grand central station

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

racquel13 in Bronx, New York said: i recently took the test for lincoln tech in new jersey and passed but after hearing the cost of their lpn program i decided not to go with them. i did apply at boces in westchester but i sent my application in too late. i just got my ged and really need to start attending an lpn school i live in the bronx. am thinking about applying for boces prep classes for the 2012 lpn program but i have to wait a whole year am really confused and stressed out because i dont know of any schools now that are accepting application now in nyc only jersey and thats too far and expensive and i dont drive. need some advice please
Send me a private email you can attend rn school her in new york, why waste time, and you can start immediately.

64 months ago

lisa in Norristown, Pennsylvania said: Is it difficult to get in this school
There is also a rn program in new york, if you cannot get into the other new york program on 120th street.

shermello in Brooklyn, New York

64 months ago

Hi I was a student in the Veeb programme was supposed to graduate this comming August 12,2011,I fail one of my class in the second semmester, now I am going crazy, stress and depress some one please help give me some good advice and solution. I had some issues going on was not focus on my studing, it takes alot because the programe is intense.

64 months ago

warnings in North Bergen, New Jersey said: As a LPN THEN RN nurse i can tell you; p/t , pta or some kind of therapist o/t/, r/t is A MUCH BETTER MOVE!! MUCH BETTER PAY AND TREATMENT ,CONDITIONS ETC.. dont say u werent warned!!

Please give me more details, I recenly fail the 2nd semester at a LPN school in Long Island and I am very desperate and depressed. I am now thinking of sitting the CNA exam just to get a job and something to do. They told me I can come back in the 2nd semester next year I am a little concern now about that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

send me your email address and i will connect you with a school in nyc, immediately.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

shermello in Brooklyn, New York said: Please give me more details, I recenly fail the 2nd semester at a LPN school in Long Island and I am very desperate and depressed. I am now thinking of sitting the CNA exam just to get a job and something to do. They told me I can come back in the 2nd semester next year I am a little concern now about that.

send me your email address and i will connect you with an rn school.

Rose in Bronx, New York

64 months ago

Hi, I wanted to attend Boces but I applied too late for their lpn program. Is there anyone who know of a school program I can attend without having to be 21 n over? help help help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rose in Bronx, New York

64 months ago

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York said: Send me a private email you can attend rn school her in new york, why waste time, and you can start immediately.

Please help I'm in the same kind of situation, I apply way too late for Boces but I need sumting as fast as that program

64 months ago

email me at PRawlins1@gmail.com

64 months ago

shermello in Brooklyn, New York said: Please give me more details, I recenly fail the 2nd semester at a LPN school in Long Island and I am very desperate and depressed. I am now thinking of sitting the CNA exam just to get a job and something to do. They told me I can come back in the 2nd semester next year I am a little concern now about that.

Do you want to go to rn school instead, let me know.

joye1 in Suisun City, California

64 months ago

bebe in Bronx, New York said: College Network is not a school.....It's a publishing company that supplies study materials.

I know...I have a BA in another field... Got into Indiana state nursing program. Using college network books to take my 2 pre requisites... Through excelsior college. For lvns who already have a college degree...ec is good. But in California you cannot take the 2 yr RN online only the BA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Yes I would love to consider that option

britqueen in Springfield Gardens, New York

64 months ago

I am looking for a LPN school in NYC can anyone assist

britqueen in Springfield Gardens, New York

64 months ago

hi - i live in new york city (queens) can you send me some information on LPN progam - not a college, i do not have time ;0)

melli121 in Brooklyn, New York

64 months ago

Those none college programs will most likely be BOCES type of programs. Their cost will range anywhere from 10-20 grand. And I'm not too sure of the kind of education and training you'll get for your money.

melli121 in Brooklyn, New York

64 months ago

If you go online and research LPN schools, you'll get a list of places and contact info. Keep a breast on info and deadlines..you'll find what you're looking for!

angelika22 in New York

64 months ago

Hey guys here is a link that shows all the LPN schools in NY state and it shows the passing rates of the NCLEX-PN of each school:

www.op.nysed.gov/prof/nurse/nurseprogs-lpn.htm

I think if you want the quickest education possible going to a boces school like I'm doing is the way to go. The boces schools have a 1 year program and a 2 yr program, which is still even shorter than going to a community college or private college because you don't have to wait and see if the class you need that particular semester or not in my school you are in and you know that you will have all the classes you need and not be wait listed.

tiku in Bronx, New York

64 months ago

im already cna but is hard to find job in bronx area.so im interesed in lpn if someone can hellp me find the right school fot lpn or rn.im assistant nurss in my county i dont now what to do.thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sandra in Brooklyn, New York

63 months ago

Your first step is to get prepared for the entrance exam offered by all nursing schools. Vital signs and health education express offered pre NLN entrance review for students wanting to get admission in nursing schools, email healthsuccess1@yahoo.com for further info or one eight hundred six seven one nine five eight nine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

KwameN in Hollis, New York said: Hello Everyone, i am intrested in studying to become a LPN.Does anyone know the best solutions interms of schools to start off looking at?

I know vital signs express offers a review class for LPN's and a review for pre-NLN entrance exams to nursing schools on the days of their reviw the normally have brochures on display of LPN schools. Check them out one eight hunred six seven one nine five eight nine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York said: Do you want to go to rn school instead, let me know.

My sister had a similar problem her mother paid for her to tke the review 3 times with vital signs and healthcare express so when she goes back in the following semester she would have a jump start. After that there was no turning back she passed all her nursing classes, passed her boards and now working as an LPN and planning to start her RN school in the fall. Do not give up you may want to take that route go to review classes even though you are not taking the boards it worked. It is really the same info you get on LPN exams. They also have practice sessions in clinical skills. Check them out. One eight hundred six seven one nine five eight nine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

atkins in Bronx, New York

62 months ago

preet in Bronx, New York said: thanks punix but its too far..i live in Bronx :( if you know other school in nyc let me know please thanks again

i live in the bronk and travel on the beeline bus to boces, its about 1 hour and same fare as traveling in new york or if taking metro north about 30 minutes is that far hmm...

JayG1000

62 months ago

Check this map of approved LPN programs in each state: nurseslink.org/lpn-schools-us-map/

If the program you are considering is not on the list then it might not be approved by the New York state board of nursing. There is no point wasting your time completing a non-approved program as your credentials won't be honored.

Kim in Brooklyn, New York

61 months ago

Hey everybody, I thank you for your wonderful insite. A few years ago give or take 10 years a go I went to BMCC to major in nursing. I did well in my pre classes, then I dropped out cause i was paying for it myself. So I go a job in finance and life was great. Well you know where that is today. So I had to find a job so I can keep aroof over my head. Thus far I am working private doing homecare which i am thankful for. Now I am 40 and scared as hell because i want to do the LPN Program and I am lost. I went to BMCC and they told me i need to contact Kingsborough and try for their program because it been too long since i was in school. I guess am angry at myself for stopping the process and now I have to take 50 million entrance exam to start all over again. I am gonna look into many of the program you guys were talking about. I guess fear is gripping me when i think of all those test. Thank you guys for your help and for listening. Now I have to go do all these reseach in regards to my options

Britbaj in Union City, New Jersey

61 months ago

Girl, i just turned 46 and i too was in BMCC many moons ago. I was told the credits i had in the 80's was nothing to carry over so i would have to take the entrance tests again. I too was in finance and the going was good, however, i am getting laid off in December and am mad as hell for not pursuing my education when i should.

So i sucked it up = studied from a GED book and went and sat all three test - passed them and am grateful but now i am told i have to register for Spring 2012. So just take your time - you are still young, if you stay focused on your studies in 2yrs you will have your RN - go do it girl =

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Britbaj in Union City, New Jersey

61 months ago

Jessica in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi Kwame I'm also interested in LPN/RN courses, I do know about schools that offer LPN courses.
Community schools in NY offer LPN, Laguardia Community College, Office of Adult and continuing education offer LPN free.
Adult Continuing Education School (free classes)
SEVEN ONE EIGHT-SIX THREE EIGHT-TWO SIX THREE FIVE

THe cost of the program is $2500 and its from Sep -Aug

Shelby in West Palm Beach, Florida

60 months ago

Is LPN really worth it anymore. I seem to read so many posts of people saying LPN's are being phased out. www.nursing-classes.info/category/registered-nurse/

punix0583 in Poughkeepsie, New York

60 months ago

Not as far as i am aware. Lpn is a starting point into the nursing world, if one is unable to attend a 2 yr. program without working. then from there move on to BSN, this is the new trend. Work in a hosp. if you can, easily to get hired. Now, having said that, the politicians are pushing to phase out lpns, they have been trying for years, since the 80s, now with the economy they are gaining ground in 28 states, it is not official, so what they are doing is only hiring bsn in some states, that is what is happening.

Jim in Tucson, Arizona

60 months ago

Here is some helpful info on schools in New York for practical nursing and rn programs.
lpn-jobs.com/new-york-lpn/ best regards

NKN2290 in Far Rockaway, New York

59 months ago

shermello in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi I was a student in the Veeb programme was supposed to graduate this comming August 12,2011,I fail one of my class in the second semmester, now I am going crazy, stress and depress some one please help give me some good advice and solution. I had some issues going on was not focus on my studing, it takes alot because the programe is intense.

HI I WAS ALSO IN THE VEEB CLASS THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO GRADUATE IN 2011, I FAILED MS. SHAKERS CLASS AFTER FINISHEING THE SECOND SEMESTER MED SURG, I AM APPLYING IN JANUARY TO GO BACK BECAUSE COMPARED TO ALL THE OTHER SCHOOLS I FEEL VEEB HAS THE BEST TIME, BUT REMEBRR IT IS WHAT IT IS AN ADULT LEARNING FACILITY, THE TEACHERS ARE NOT GOING TO COACH YOU LIKE IN HIGH SCHOOL ALOT OF ON YOUR OWN STUDYIMG...

59 months ago

Thanks for your comment,I am also trying to go back too...seems like no school can compare to VEEB. Where you in classroom with Alex?? I hope we both make it back and go to our graduation....Goodluck.

Ittybittypiggy in New York, New York

57 months ago

vonetta in Jamaica, New York said: i am a 2006 guaduate of that lpn school in laguardia.... the best, i have just returned cause they have direct connect to the brdge rn program if you was to do the lpn there... it differs for lpns from didderent backgrounds... so u should try to purse there if your final goal is to be a rn

Hi, I just wanted to ask some questions about Laguardia. What
Was your class schedule like? I work five days a week sun thru thursday all
Evening hours. Would it be possible for me to attend with
This schedule?

Latc in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

A.V.M in Bronx, New York said: Hi Chris, I know as a fact of two different ways that you could get into free lpn programs. One is through the Health and Hospital corporation of New York. Go to their web site, go to nursing opportunities and you will see the information. The other option is through the NYC Department of Labor. You have to go to your closest labor department and find out about their career one Program. They are very helpfull. They will instruct you in what to do. As a matter of fact, you do not have to be unemployed to qualify for this program. I hope that this information could be usefull to you and others. A.V.M.

I am on there website and don't see anything about people who want to become an lpn. Can u help me

Britbaj in Bethpage, New York

55 months ago

this is excellent information thanks for sharing. I am going to be unemplyed from the corporate world in 2 weeks after twelve years with one company. Any hoots i am trying to redefine myself for the next 20 years (if God spares me). I would prefer to be in the health field going forward.

Vinny in Elmont, New York

54 months ago

Angelika22 in New York said: I was accepted into the dc boces in poughkeepsie. I start in Sept. the only thing I do not like is that I had to take out a loan. If anyone is interested in the application process or whatever just ask and i'll try to answer.

Hey Angelika, im thinking of going there also...how is it so far? any insight from you will be huge for me. thx

54 months ago

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York said: Send me a private email you can attend rn school her in new york, why waste time, and you can start immediately.

Hi Punix, i was also in the same boat as the person you were replying to. I was what rn school you were talking about?

54 months ago

atkins in Bronx, New York said: i live in the bronk and travel on the beeline bus to boces, its about 1 hour and same fare as traveling in new york or if taking metro north about 30 minutes is that far hmm...

Hey atkins, how is your experience at Bocis so far? any insight would be huge. thx

54 months ago

NKN2290 in Far Rockaway, New York said: HI I WAS ALSO IN THE VEEB CLASS THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO GRADUATE IN 2011, I FAILED MS. SHAKERS CLASS AFTER FINISHEING THE SECOND SEMESTER MED SURG, I AM APPLYING IN JANUARY TO GO BACK BECAUSE COMPARED TO ALL THE OTHER SCHOOLS I FEEL VEEB HAS THE BEST TIME, BUT REMEBRR IT IS WHAT IT IS AN ADULT LEARNING FACILITY, THE TEACHERS ARE NOT GOING TO COACH YOU LIKE IN HIGH SCHOOL ALOT OF ON YOUR OWN STUDYIMG...

Hi, i was wondering how your stay at Veeb is so far? its not that far away, so i was thinking about going there. Where are the classes and would you recommend it? thanks for your insight =)

54 months ago

NKN2290 in Far Rockaway, New York said: HI I WAS ALSO IN THE VEEB CLASS THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO GRADUATE IN 2011, I FAILED MS. SHAKERS CLASS AFTER FINISHEING THE SECOND SEMESTER MED SURG, I AM APPLYING IN JANUARY TO GO BACK BECAUSE COMPARED TO ALL THE OTHER SCHOOLS I FEEL VEEB HAS THE BEST TIME, BUT REMEBRR IT IS WHAT IT IS AN ADULT LEARNING FACILITY, THE TEACHERS ARE NOT GOING TO COACH YOU LIKE IN HIGH SCHOOL ALOT OF ON YOUR OWN STUDYIMG...

Hi, i was wondering how your stay at Veeb is so far? its not that far away, so i was thinking about going there. Where are the classes and would you recommend it? thanks for your insight =)

54 months ago

nkn2290 in Albany, New York

54 months ago

Nassua VEEB is a great school, this is coming from first hand experience, I was in the class that started september 2010 and was supposed to graduate august 2011. it is a great school with a great schedule and I believe they are still admitting people until the end of aPRIL. i WAS DISTARCTED BY PERSONAL ISSUES WHEN i ATTENDED THE SCHOOL, BUT i AM GOING UP THERE NEXT WEEK TO HAND IN MY READMISSION LETTER. REPLY TO MY EMAIL NKN2290@YAHOO.COM IF YOU WANT MORE INFO ILL GIVE YOU MY NUMBER SO WE CAN TALK OR TEXT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nkn2290 in Albany, New York

54 months ago

shermello in Brooklyn, New York said: Thanks for your comment,I am also trying to go back too...seems like no school can compare to VEEB. Where you in classroom with Alex?? I hope we both make it back and go to our graduation....Goodluck.

im late in replying but i was in classc, section 1 clasmates i remeber and clinical classmates were lloni, sophia, ivlaw, michelle marcia, 2 filipino guys i forgo t there name, reply to my email, i am going up there next week to hand in my letter for readmission.

nutmeg718 in Brooklyn, New York

53 months ago

Swedish Institute offers RN program. Do NOT waste your time and go to LTI to be a LPN, the instructors can't teach. The tuition at Swedish is the same, and u get a degree. The facility is new. ASA in Brooklyn just started a RN pgm.

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

From lagcc? was it difficult?

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

vonetta in Jamaica, New York said: i am a 2006 guaduate of that lpn school in laguardia.... the best, i have just returned cause they have direct connect to the brdge rn program if you was to do the lpn there... it differs for lpns from didderent backgrounds... so u should try to purse there if your final goal is to be a rn

do you work in a hospital? Are lpns being phased out?

shance in Brooklyn, New York

45 months ago

Send me some info Vonetta......Where and How thanks.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.