LPN Seasonal Job in Florida

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Sandy

102 months ago

I am having a problem finding a job in Ft. Myers..I was told that some travel agencies use LPN's . That turned out to be untrue. I was told seasonal jobs were available and now find that is untrue..Does anyone have a good job in the Ft. Myers area? or could recommend a good place to work. I wanted 12 hour night shifts but also find out they are unavailable..I am upset.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

102 months ago

Below is a search that may help you. I didn't have much luck in the Fort Meyers area but, I did find quite a few in Flordia for jobs matching the keywords LPN or "Licensed Practical Nurse" and Seasonal:
www.indeed.com/jobs?as_and=seasonal&as_phr=&as_any=LPN+%22licensed+Practical+Nurse%22&as_not=&as_ttl=&as_cmp=&jt=all&st=&radius=25&l=Florida&fromage=any&limit=10&sort=

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Christie Herrera LPN in Sanford, Florida

88 months ago

Correctional facilities hire LPNS, Jails, detention centers, prisons, Very interesting work, with alot of clinical experience if you did well in med surg, think about it, the benefits are good in most large counties.

it's just like community health services taking care of the poor and indigent, Yeah, some people are bad too, but all the bad guys aren't in jail either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patrickjos in Fort Myers, Florida

88 months ago

Hey, I live in the Fort Myers area and it is quite hard to find an LPN job. I currently work in a LTC facility, but i will not recommend that place. It is just like people are not working with you, but they are definitely working against you. It is sad because every day, you are dragging to go to work, wandering what they will find behind you. It's a nightmare. As soon as I find another job, I will be out of that place. Please, if anybody out there know of a place that is hiring in the Fort Myers area, let me know. Good luck...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cathy J. in Eustis, Florida

83 months ago

Try Hospice positions and/or if you are able too work " any " shift, do try the agencies for nurses, their are openings for private duty.

It is amazing even in nursing how everyone is downsizing now.

I, am now just in the same position ya'll are, looking for that right job our Lord wants for me. Keep praying, that special job will come your way, but, not in our time.

That is me talking too me, also!

Christie Herrera in Sanford, Florida

83 months ago

i am very lucky, I work for a correcional facility, and it is a very secure job for LPN's that know their med surg, since he inmates have so many diffent medical health issues, it's like working in a community clinic.
There is always going to be people unfortunately that go to jail, and a high percentage of them have not had regular medical care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cathy J. in Eustis, Florida

83 months ago

Thank you Christie for your insight letter. I have also thought about the walk in clinic's. They may pay more but at times are a little less stressful. I am in early 50's now. Graduated, in 1973 from high school in NYS from a vo-tech I took during my Jr./Sr. year in H.S. I have alot of experience in all nursing fields. Prefer not too have too relocate if I do not have too but will if push comes too shove. Thanks again.

christi lou in Saint Louis, Missouri

68 months ago

I have been a lpn for about 5 years. This was a second career for me. i am now in my middle 50's. I worked as a charge nurse in a nursing home when i first graduated but i was so totally overworked i left and went into home health nursing. i love it, but i feel like i need more skills. Where can i go to learn more skills. most places don't hire you if you don't already have diverse skills. i am iv certified but have never used this skill. Does anybody have any suggestions for me.

Mother Goose in Kissimmee, Florida

68 months ago

Christie Herrera in Sanford, Florida said: i am very lucky, I work for a correcional facility, and it is a very secure job for LPN's that know their med surg, since he inmates have so many diffent medical health issues, it's like working in a community clinic.
There is always going to be people unfortunately that go to jail, and a high percentage of them have not had regular medical care.

Yes but in this rural area there only so many jobs in a jail...but I'm proud that you are able to work and save to get moved to your Dream Location. I'll have a reason to visit Alaska!

thedetoxnurse in Sanford, Florida

68 months ago

I am seeing a trend in Florida recently that us very disturbing, LPN's are not being hired by alot of the hospitals, clinics and correctional facilities, this could be a trend like they had in England when they did away with the enrolled nurses,
I went back to school recently because of this, I would suggest that young students take the RN course.
Of course if you want your career to be limited to sniff units and geriatrics then I think your okay.

debcurtisbarrell@yahoo.com in Manchester, New Hampshire

68 months ago

thedetoxnurse in Sanford, Florida said: I am seeing a trend in Florida recently that us very disturbing, LPN's are not being hired

No kidding! I discover this when I graduated as an LPN in 2006.
Nobody wants LPN's!
They are phasing them out in the inpatient area at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical center in NH and the VA in White River Jct, VT and Ascutney, VT and most of the "agencies" (meat for hire).
If you're going to be a nurse, you better be an RN else you are
wasting your money and time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

trish in Rising Sun, Maryland

67 months ago

christi lou in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I have been a lpn for about 5 years. This was a second career for me. i am now in my middle 50's. I worked as a charge nurse in a nursing home when i first graduated but i was so totally overworked i left and went into home health nursing. i love it, but i feel like i need more skills. Where can i go to learn more skills. most places don't hire you if you don't already have diverse skills. i am iv certified but have never used this skill. Does anybody have any suggestions for me.

When I left the ER in a Maryland hospital 2 years ago, they had decided to add LPN's to their ER staff in the urgent care area. I was told this was a new trend to help bridge the gap in the RN shortage in hospitals. The ER was a great place to learn a lot of skills quickly.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.