Where are the LPN jobs in Denver???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

LPNDenver in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

I moved here from VA, passed my exam 1 month ago, applied online via email/company sites and NOTHING! not one call. My cover letter/resume is excellent I have 4yrs LTC experience as CNA, Clean Record, Prior Service in NAVY, a few credits away from my Associates in Science, and I am very well-mannered/spoken and professional(but no one would know that since i can't even get an interview). I started physically walking in and applying Thursday and will continue to do so until I deplete every Nursing home within a 25 mile radius. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION TO A FACILITY THAT IS IN NEED of an LPN OR THAT WILL DO WALK-IN INTERVIEWS. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

53 months ago

LPNDenver in Denver, Colorado said: I moved here from VA, passed my exam 1 month ago, applied online via email/company sites and NOTHING! not one call. My cover letter/resume is excellent I have 4yrs LTC experience as CNA, Clean Record, Prior Service in NAVY, a few credits away from my Associates in Science, and I am very well-mannered/spoken and professional(but no one would know that since i can't even get an interview). I started physically walking in and applying Thursday and will continue to do so until I deplete every Nursing home within a 25 mile radius. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION TO A FACILITY THAT IS IN NEED of an LPN OR THAT WILL DO WALK-IN INTERVIEWS. Thank you.

Can't offer you any help with a facility, but can say you are on the right track by going directly to a facility to apply and attempting to get an interview on the spot. CNA will not count towards Nursing as far as experience per say. However, it does help you are far as the DON feeling that at least you have some experience dealing the the residents and know more about health care than what was taught in your books. Keep doing what you are doing. Try to go around 11 am most facilities have a department heads meeting at 0900 or 1000 try to show up when you can actually speak with someone. If you have worked recently see if the company you worked for has a sister facility in the are it's long shoot but often times a company will have sisters companies and other states, it will be much easier to get on.Happy Hunting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.