LPN training school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Wanda in Brooklyn, New York

86 months ago

Rozit67 in Brooklyn, New York said: I'm searching for a LPN accredited school in NYC, but I can't find anything... Can anyone help me?? Please!

Mid Manhattan Adult Learning Education offers LPN courses for ten months
Their website is: www.adultednyc.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Reggie in Springfield Gardens, New York

76 months ago

There is a brand new LPN school that just opened in NYC. Last month. Bowling Green, Manhattan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

strux in Brooklyn, New York

76 months ago

Wanda in Brooklyn, New York said: Mid Manhattan Adult Learning Education offers LPN courses for ten months
Their website is: www.adultednyc.org

It's the true that they offer it free, HOWEVER all applicants have to go trough a contest (math and english) and the best ones will be selected (limited number). If u r selected then u'll have to pay a fee of $ 2.000 which is payable in two installment of $ 1.000. That's it. The question now is: will u be among the best??
more details: www.cnetnurse.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lydia in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

Whether the program is free or not, difficult or not, strive to do your best. For those worried about the cost, don't focus on that because you will never move forward. Many people prefer to blow their money on jewelry, furniture or some extravagant vacation but don't want to take that same money to educate themselves. Don't think about the $2,000. Think about when you graduate and then get hired. $2,000 will look like $5.00 afterwards. Look at all those doctors and lawyers. Do you really think they have the money to pay cash? Heck no. They're all in huge debt once they come out of law or medical school. They have a "lifetime" of repayment, but they're making serious money in the longrun so it doesn't matter. As far as questioning whether you will be picked, well, go apply at another place. The point is NEVER GIVE UP YOUR DREAM. Don't let obstacles get in the way of stopping you. It can be done but with perseverance. I know someone who's mother died when she was 15. She lived in a poverty-stricken neighborhood where the teenagers never had any hope. She had no father. She quit high school. Later she decided to go for her GED. Along the way, she got pregnant. She still continued her GED goal while pregnant. That relationship soured. She ended alone with a child. She still didn't give up. She got her GED. After she got her GED she thought she met the "man of her dreams". She had a child from the second guy. While in that relationship she was attending college and that guy was trying to bring her down. He mocked her and tried to "turn off" her dream. She didn't let him stop her and she gave him the "boot". She let him go. She got help from neighbors who took care of her kids while she went to night school at college and she ended up getting her Masters degree. She now has a place of her own, her kids are doing well and she has a great paying job. Why? Because she never gave up despite all the obstacles. Don't ever give up on yourselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Latrina Harris in Detroit, Michigan

75 months ago

Lydia in Brooklyn, New York said: The point is NEVER GIVE UP YOUR DREAM. Don't let obstacles get in the way of stopping you. It can be done but with perseverance. I know someone who's mother died when she was 15. She lived in a poverty-stricken neighborhood where the teenagers never had any hope. She had no father. She quit high school. Later she decided to go for her GED. Along the way, she got pregnant. She still continued her GED goal while pregnant. That relationship soured. She ended alone with a child. She still didn't give up. She got her GED. After she got her GED she thought she met the "man of her dreams". She had a child from the second guy. While in that relationship she was attending college and that guy was trying to bring her down. He mocked her and tried to "turn off" her dream. She didn't let him stop her and she gave him the "boot". She let him go. She got help from neighbors who took care of her kids while she went to night school at college and she ended up getting her Masters degree. She now has a place of her own, her kids are doing well and she has a great paying job. Why? Because she never gave up despite all the obstacles. Don't ever give up on yourselves.

Wow! Now that's what I'm talkin about.....a go getter! I don't know her but I'm proud of her. I've got to continue to get my butt on the ball. Thanks for sharing :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lydia in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

If I can inspire just one person, then I've helped one extra person in the world to believe in themselves. I was given a bracelet that has the following engraved on it: "Believe In Yourself". I look at that bracelet every morning and trust me as small as it may be, that bracelet has always for some reason made my day. I think about my goals and as I keep fulfilling each one, that phrase alone has helped me to achieve my goals. I know that God is there to give me strength and I have to believe that I can do things. No one is going to help me. I am responsible for myself and my destiny. I can't blame my ancestors for the position that I was in. I can't allow myself to live in the past. My ancestors suffered greatly but I can't allow that to foster in my head. It's not going to change my life. In the end, we are all responsible for our actions and how we decide to fill up that novel of our life is really up to us. I refuse to allow any man to come into my life and tell me how I am going to pave my life. We only have one chance in life and how we live our lives the right way and do the right things and study and achieve will pave a beautiful way for our kids and they will want to do the same. I want to give my kids all the best in life that I never had but I have to set the example first. I know that this information is repetitive but I hope it helps someone out there. I too, came from poverty, went to college, eventually I had to take a loan but that didn't stop me from going to college. I took some classes that I even cried because they were so hard. I thought I was going to quit but the university provided tutoring and I did just fine. One teacher allowed me to record her class because she knew I wasn't such a great notes taker. I ended up passing that class with high grades. I graduated, paid off my debt and am doing well in life. Never let anything stop your dreams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

marshab in Bronx, New York

74 months ago

CONGRATS TO U...I'M GOING IN FOR AN INTERVIEW THERE TOMORROW, HOW WAS IT> WERE THERE ANY HARD QUESTIONS?? I'M A NERVOUS WRECK

futurelpn2011 in Bronx, New York said: The test that is taken for this school is difficult and the whole application process is very nerve racking.The first test is from cnet which is english,math and vocabulary then a second which is called a tabe test is just math and english they are both timed tests. If you past both tests then you are asked to write an essay and then an interview. If you are qualified out of the pool of applicants you are accepted. You are also asked to do a physical exam, take a cpr course and a lot more. Dont doubt yourself give it a shot i just got accepted for September 2010

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffannij in Bronx, New York

36 months ago

Lydia in Brooklyn, New York said: If I can inspire just one person, then I've helped one extra person in the world to believe in themselves. I was given a bracelet that has the following engraved on it: "Believe In Yourself". I look at that bracelet every morning and trust me as small as it may be, that bracelet has always for some reason made my day. I think about my goals and as I keep fulfilling each one, that phrase alone has helped me to achieve my goals. I know that God is there to give me strength and I have to believe that I can do things. No one is going to help me. I am responsible for myself and my destiny. I can't blame my ancestors for the position that I was in. I can't allow myself to live in the past. My ancestors suffered greatly but I can't allow that to foster in my head. It's not going to change my life. In the end, we are all responsible for our actions and how we decide to fill up that novel of our life is really up to us. I refuse to allow any man to come into my life and tell me how I am going to pave my life. We only have one chance in life and how we live our lives the right way and do the right things and study and achieve will pave a beautiful way for our kids and they will want to do the same. I want to give my kids all the best in life that I never had but I have to set the example first. I know that this information is repetitive but I hope it helps someone out there. I too, came from poverty, went to college , eventually I had to take a loan but that didn't stop me from going to college. I took some classes that I even cried because they were so hard. I thought I was going to quit but the university provided tutoring and I did just fine. One teacher allowed me to record her class because she knew I wasn't such a great notes taker. I ended up passing that class with high grades. I graduated, paid off my debt and am doing well in life. Never let anything stop your dreams.
wow thanks for sharing. Now I will

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.