You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

sabua in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

pls can you give the of school for LPN both private and colleges,in chicagop

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chanta in Noblesville, Indiana

89 months ago

I would highly recommend Dawson Technical Institute on 3901 South State Steet,Chicago,IL. The school rocks. Day one, the instructors put into your mind, they are there for students to pass the boards. I went 10 years ago. I never regret it a day in my life. The admission process is a peice of cake. Just 12 grade reading and 8th grade math.

I am now living in Indiana. I am so frustrated with the hoops I got to jump to even get into a nursing program. I would love to move back to Chicago, more opportunies with education. Easier access, open-minded, and willingness from all schools to work with the Lpn's. Just do not care for the mother-in-law.(Smile)

Go for Dawson Institute. Do not let the location of the school distract you from becoming a future LPN. I wish you the best in your search for a practical nursing program. OH, Dawson has a very high pass rate on boards, 98% and the school is accredited, and affordable. Be smart about getting financial aid. Never let your right hand know what lefty is doing.

I hate Indianapolis, stupid way of challenging LPN's to apply for any nursing program, and the waiting list for nursing schools are unbearable.

I have been a LPN for 10 years. When does taking time to have a family amount to anything to the schools? I have the experience but not the classroom time. Just frustrated about the way we get treated.

Do not stop if you are going for lpn. You go thru hell trying to get back into the flow of things.

But hey, I will get mine. I got the practical nursing, and I will get my rn as soon as I get in somebodies program.

We got to keep our head up. I will.

Keep me posted as to your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Charlotte,NC in Washington, District of Columbia

88 months ago

sabua in Chicago, Illinois said: pls can you give the of school for LPN both private and colleges,in chicagop

You right in Chicago there were a lot more opportunities than here and they seemed more willing to work with youu to accomplish your goal. Here your just a body or the means to an end. Thanks for the comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

April in Park Forest, Illinois

88 months ago

Ditto Dawson. I'm not a graduate from that school but every single Lpn I know who has graduated from their knows their stuff and is very competent!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

amber in Chicago, Illinois

83 months ago

Just for everyones information, Dawson Technical institute in chicago no longer has an LPN program. You have to through kennedy king college now and there are 5 pre-reqs for the program : Math 118. English 101, psychology 201, Biology 226 and 227. I called a few days ago and this morning just to be sure i was getting the right information. Dawson only does construction oriented programs now. So if you have those credits already, you're in great shape. Kennedy kings program is a year just like dawsons WAS, but you have to add on a year just for the pre reqs (could do part time if you have one of the bio classes already) They have info sessions EVERY thursday at 10, 2 and 6pm. Oh and you still won't come out with a degree, just a certificate. It is accredited ( i do believe) so it's worth it, just not a quick fix. Good luck to everybody!!!

Joel in Chicago, Illinois

83 months ago

Check out Wright College in chicago, they have the LPN at their satellite school in Humboldt Park. It is 2 1/2 blocks from my house and I just applied for the upcoming class in January. As long as you have your pre-reqs out of the way you can be done in a year!!

milika in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

amber in Chicago, Illinois said: Just for everyones information, Dawson Technical institute in chicago no longer has an LPN program. You have to through kennedy king college now and there are 5 pre-reqs for the program : Math 118. English 101, psychology 201, Biology 226 and 227. I called a few days ago and this morning just to be sure i was getting the right information. Dawson only does construction oriented programs now. So if you have those credits already, you're in great shape. Kennedy kings program is a year just like dawsons WAS, but you have to add on a year just for the pre reqs (could do part time if you have one of the bio classes already) They have info sessions EVERY thursday at 10, 2 and 6pm. Oh and you still won't come out with a degree, just a certificate. It is accredited ( i do believe) so it's worth it, just not a quick fix. Good luck to everybody!!!

WITH THAT LPN CERTIFICATE YOU CAN TRANSFAR TO AN RN BRIDGE PROGRAM OR UNIVERSITY TO GET YOUR BSN.

milika in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

THE CITY COLLEGES OF CHICAGO HAVE LPN PROGRAMS KENNEDY-KING AND WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE.

marilyn montgomery in Chicago, Illinois

81 months ago

chanta in Noblesville, Indiana said: I would highly recommend Dawson Technical Institute on 3901 South State Steet,Chicago,IL. The school rocks. Day one, the instructors put into your mind, they are there for students to pass the boards. I went 10 years ago. I never regret it a day in my life. The admission process is a peice of cake. Just 12 grade reading and 8th grade math.

I am now living in Indiana. I am so frustrated with the hoops I got to jump to even get into a nursing program. I would love to move back to Chicago, more opportunies with education. Easier access, open-minded, and willingness from all schools to work with the Lpn's. Just do not care for the mother-in-law.(Smile)

Go for Dawson Institute. Do not let the location of the school distract you from becoming a future LPN. I wish you the best in your search for a practical nursing program. OH, Dawson has a very high pass rate on boards, 98% and the school is accredited, and affordable. Be smart about getting financial aid. Never let your right hand know what lefty is doing.

I hate Indianapolis, stupid way of challenging LPN's to apply for any nursing program, and the waiting list for nursing schools are unbearable.

I have been a LPN for 10 years. When does taking time to have a family amount to anything to the schools? I have the experience but not the classroom time. Just frustrated about the way we get treated.

Do not stop if you are going for lpn. You go thru hell trying to get back into the flow of things.

But hey, I will get mine. I got the practical nursing, and I will get my rn as soon as I get in somebodies program.

We got to keep our head up. I will.

Keep me posted as to your search.

would you happen to have a copy of the rquirements of the LPN program from 10 years ago when it was Dawson Skill Center?

a.t in Chicago, Illinois

65 months ago

Joel in Chicago, Illinois said: Check out Wright College in chicago, they have the LPN at their satellite school in Humboldt Park. It is 2 1/2 blocks from my house and I just applied for the upcoming class in January. As long as you have your pre-reqs out of the way you can be done in a year!![/QU

hello, I am interested in getting in to lpn program and could you tell me how to apply at wright collge? can I apply online or in person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tyrone warren in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

I am trying to locate classmates fo dawsons nursing class of 1976 I was the only man in my class I would like to see my classmates after 34 years ive only seen Rochel at sini doris wren at u of c on ellis at 57th my phone number

tyrone warren in Chicago, Illinois

54 months ago

I am trying to locate classmates fo dawsons nursing class of 1976 I was the only man in my class I would like to see my classmates after 34 years ive only seen Rochel at sini doris wren at u of c on ellis at 57th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.