Michigan nursing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 150)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

lucy in Farmington, Michigan

51 months ago

msb in Detroit, Michigan said: There is a LPN program at Oakland University through St.John Detroit Riverview Campus.They are currently accepting applications for the January 2011 class. The No Worker Left Behind Grant covers 13,000 in tuition, not including books and supplies, if qualified. The program tuition is $14,000 + books and supplies (an additional $1290). You can find out more info on the schools website at www.oakland.edu

Thankyou very much for the information on LPN. I would like to know is there any other small course that i can take to improve my pay....something in between CNA and LPN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

msb in Detroit, Michigan

51 months ago

Candacebennieb in Detroit, Michigan said: Do not go to Everest I work at Henry Ford Hospital and my Nurse Manager told me they will not hire me in the system if you go to that school.

I have a friend that graduated from Everest over 2 years ago and she said no one would hire her because of Everest.

Also, Michigan works TAA representative tells me that they will not pay for Everest, through my education benefits from No workers left behind or a special grant I got from Chrysler when I took the buy-out. Because they have found that they LPN Everest graducates are unemployable.

BEWARE OF EVEREST DON'T GO!!!

Thank you for the heads up Im going to check out oakland university lpn program instead

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

angelcarmichael in Detroit, Michigan

51 months ago

marletteus@yahoo.com in Monroe, Michigan said: I work in Mi in long term care. I am making 22.50 hr. right out og school.

LPN is also something I am looking to get in school for as well. Can you tell me where did you get your training in michigan to become a LPN? I would appreciate it a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

msb in Detroit, Michigan

51 months ago

I just wanted to get an idea of what to look forward far as job prospects that are out there because I completed cna class and waiting to take state exam and still cant find a cna job. So I decided I should go to school for lpn and work up to rn.

janie L in Detroit, Michigan

50 months ago

I am a LPN and I have been out of school for months and I've been putting in apps everywhere but I cannot find a job. alot of employers are saying that they want to hire someone with experience but how can I get experience if no one will hire me. I really need a job, does anyone know where they will hire me immediately? thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David in Prudenville, Michigan

50 months ago

Know how you feel.My husband has been gradutated since last year june as a LPN and he has put his apps everywhere and still no job.Everyone wants experience like you said.Good luck................

msb in Detroit, Michigan

50 months ago

janie L in Detroit, Michigan said: I am a LPN and I have been out of school for months and I've been putting in apps everywhere but I cannot find a job. alot of employers are saying that they want to hire someone with experience but how can I get experience if no one will hire me. I really need a job, does anyone know where they will hire me immediately? thanks.

Hi I wanted to know what school did you go to for lpn and there are jobs out there on the websites like careerbuilder,craigslist and michigan talent bank. I just completed cna/pct and waiting to get certified and continue forward in nursing field

janie L in Canton, Michigan

50 months ago

david in prudenville, did you contact that man that says he works for michigan works? did he get you a job/

David in Houghton Lake, Michigan

50 months ago

What man?Never got a email.........

20772sheila in Petersburg, Michigan

49 months ago

gmccalebb@rossprov.com in Detroit, Michigan said: Good Morning, are you looking to move?

Good morning, I see you are helping many people that are looking for jobs. Do you have anything available in Lenawee, Monroe, or Washtenaw counties for a new LPN?
Thanks,
Sheila

Frustrated LPN in Canton, Michigan

49 months ago

Candacebennieb in Detroit, Michigan said: Do not go to Everest I work at Henry Ford Hospital and my Nurse Manager told me they will not hire me in the system if you go to that school.

I have a friend that graduated from Everest over 2 years ago and she said no one would hire her because of Everest.

Also, Michigan works TAA representative tells me that they will not pay for Everest, through my education benefits from No workers left behind or a special grant I got from Chrysler when I took the buy-out. Because they have found that they LPN Everest graducates are unemployable.

BEWARE OF EVEREST DON'T GO!!!

Actually your Michigan works TAA representative told you incorrect information. I went to Everest and graduated from their LPN program. You are correct on one thing...DON'T GO THERE! The quality of education that you receive versus what is actually expected in the real world is different. Everest is all about making their money so they push you through the program. Now, as far as TAA benefits....I received it to pay for my education at Everest and I received $5,000 from No Worker Left Behind. I am completely frustrated because I still have not found a job when No Worker Left Behind claims that they will only pay if you are going into a high demand field. I chose the Nursing profession because it is something that I wanted to do and because they claim there was a shortage of Nurses (LPN/RN). However, I am reading post all the time about how hard it is for LPN's to find work in Michigan!! I am pissed because I have a Bachelors, Master's and LPN Certification and a MOUNTAIN of student loan debt but can't find a damn job. What's even more frustrating is the fact that we all pay so much money to go to school to get these advanced degrees and we get insulted with $15, $16 or even $17 an hour, which after taxes is the same as receiving unemployment every 2 weeks. We can make that without the advanced education...WHAT TYPE OF BULL IS THIS

kjammeh in Southfield, Michigan

49 months ago

I have been an LPN For the past 12years, and only in march i was out of work. I is not fair how the institutions and the healthcre industry are treating the LPNs. The hosptals have no respect for LPNs, they rather train PCT PATIENT TECNICIANS than hiring LPNs. These colleges and universities dont want to creat space for the LPNs, only few colleges, only to make money out of LPNs. The nursing professors creat tutorial classes, such as iv therapy, woundcare, pharmarcology or refresher courses LPN to make money. The LPN was created a longtime, it similar to the Enrolled nurses in UK and Australia. Australia did face them, since in the later 1980s, but because shortage of nurses, they are now training them. The LPN, everybody knows that they contributed a lot morethan any other personel in the in the industry. Even a lot colleges proffessors were LPNs before. Therefore LPNs need to form a strong unity and fight our rights. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

hi sheila in petersburg, what school did u attend?

Sheila in Petersburg, Michigan

49 months ago

20772sheila in Petersburg, Michigan said: Good morning, I see you are helping many people that are looking for jobs. Do you have anything available in Lenawee, Monroe, or Washtenaw counties for a new LPN?
Thanks,
Sheila[/QUO

I would like to find a job here in SE Michigan.

Sheila in Petersburg, Michigan

49 months ago

janie L in Canton, Michigan said: hi sheila in petersburg, what school did u attend?

Professional Skills Institute in Toledo, Ohio
I am licensed in Michigan and Ohio and am Med and IV certified

49 months ago

i did too!!! i graduated in march of this year out of the night class. if you graduated out of the night class, we probably sat next to each other.

kelly in Toledo, Ohio

49 months ago

gm in Detroit, Michigan said: I Would Like to speak with you, I know of a place that is hiring and paying very well

Im interested in knowing of some places that start off at good pay im in my final quarter at TSPN in Ohio

49 months ago

does anybody know of a place thats hiring and has 12 hour shifts in metro detroit?

mecca313 in dearborn, Michigan

48 months ago

I must admit some of the things I have read here are discouraging me a little, but i need some insight from some experinced people so here are a few questions for you all .

1. Is it worth going to school to be a LPN?

2. Upon graduation and passing of the state boards is there a program to advance you into a RN program? and if so where ?

3. What and where is a good school to attend?

4. Has anyone attended Brown Mackie in Findlay,OH ? if so how was it?

5. Is there a school worth attending thats closer to dearborn MI. than ohio?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

courtland45@hotmail.com in Toledo, Ohio

48 months ago

all i can say is i have both my michigan and ohio license since february and not one job! I'm losing my mind!

mecca313 in dearborn, Michigan

48 months ago

kelly in Toledo, Ohio said: Im interested in knowing of some places that start off at good pay im in my final quarter at TSPN in Ohio

What's TSPN ?

48 months ago

TSPN is toledo school of practical nursing on ohio

48 months ago

janie L in Detroit, Michigan said: I am a LPN and I have been out of school for months and I've been putting in apps everywhere but I cannot find a job. alot of employers are saying that they want to hire someone with experience but how can I get experience if no one will hire me. I really need a job, does anyone know where they will hire me immediately? thanks.

I feel your pain! I've been out of school since december and not on offer! I even have both ohi and michihgan licenses, I feel as though I've wasted so much time,energy and money!

48 months ago

mecca313 in dearborn, Michigan said: I must admit some of the things I have read here are discouraging me a little, but i need some insight from some experinced people so here are a few questions for you all .

2. Upon graduation and passing of the state boards is there a program to advance you into a RN program? and if so where ?

i would recomend just going for your rn, the market is terrrible for lpn's

bc44104 in Cleveland, Ohio

48 months ago

hi im a student at a school in ohio i have a criminal record from when i was younger shoplifting quite a few the school accepted me in but im really scared that i will not be able to get licensed in ohio someone told me to try and get licensed in pa because as long as you dont have a drug conviction you can get licensed i need someone to be up front with me cause i have like five more months before i graduate the charges are misdemeanors not felonies

Elsie94 in Meridian, Idaho

48 months ago

SEARCH BROWN MACKIE COMPLAINTS THEN DECIDE FOR YOUR SELF...GOOD LUCK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

crys in inkster michigan in Dearborn, Michigan

48 months ago

JANE2020 in Detroit, Michigan said: I've been a nurse for about 10yrs...and the nursing homes and rehabs pay the most20-26.00/hr depending on experience and if you choose to get the health insurance....the jobs here are okay at some facilities and not okay at others,...you really want to know what the capacity of the facility is for residents and the nurse to patient ratio...meaning is it 200 bed facility and 1 nurse for 45-50 residents on a day shift?...it can happen like that...is there a TX nurse 5 days a week?,how many tube feeders?,ask about bloored pressure cups,pulse oximeters,O2 tanks/portble machines,..how many?... and where are they?... equipment that is not available in an emergency can put a licensed nurse in a bad position...how many cenas,some facilities want nurses to pass trays assist with feeding on top of the 101 other nursing duties....and they expect you to do it all...ask questions...Good Luck!!

that is sooooo true. i have been doing homecare for almost 4 years and when i first graduated i went to a nursing home and quit after a month. i would have 28-32 patients daily and it would take half a day to pass am meds.

Laurie A. Kahl in Detroit, Michigan

47 months ago

I have 20 years as an LPN I've been looking for work for 4mo. now with no real hope in sight. Any suggestions? Ihave sent out 100 resumas have had a couple of interviews but no success.Do you have any hints for the interviev that will make me stand out as a good cantidate? Any suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.Thank you Laurie Kahl

Jackson in Southfield, Michigan

47 months ago

Laurie A. Kahl in Detroit, Michigan said: I have 20 years as an LPN I've been looking for work for 4mo. now with no real hope in sight. Any suggestions? Ihave sent out 100 resumas have had a couple of interviews but no success.Do you have any hints for the interviev that will make me stand out as a good cantidate? Any suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.Thank you Laurie Kahl

I cant believe you are having so much trouble finding work with that many years experience. I moved to Michigan about 6mths ago and have had several job offers. It seems that there are a lot of Home Health jobs open. I am finding out that you cant be picky here in Michigan. I had only worked in hospitals before moving here but have discovered that Michigan doesnt utilize LPN's in the hospitals. Try HCR for nursing homes, and apply for Home Health jobs. You should find something

ToddLPN in Mableton, Georgia

47 months ago

Laurie A. Kahl in Detroit, Michigan said: I have 20 years as an LPN I've been looking for work for 4mo. now with no real hope in sight. Any suggestions? Ihave sent out 100 resumas have had a couple of interviews but no success.Do you have any hints for the interviev that will make me stand out as a good cantidate? Any suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.Thank you Laurie Kahl

Home Health will pick you up. You have plenty of experience, and Home Health always seems to be in need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lpnjanet.johnson@yahoo.com in Hanover, Michigan

46 months ago

Hi everyone, I just relocated up here with my husband to montgomery Mi. I have been an LPN since 5-08 I am trying to find a job around here and I get met with " we hire only RN's. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee give me a break, LPN are pretty smart, we have it seems more clinical experience because we're the ones doing direct patient care, RN's are busy doing administration work. Give us a break employers, we are proud of the profession we chose give a chance you won't be sorry. If anyone knows of any job openings for an LPN around coldwater, hillsdale, or angola please give me a holler. I came from KY and have my Indiana endorsement and my MI endorsement should be through in about 4 weeks.

katelyn in Monroe, Michigan

45 months ago

mchap in San Antonio, Texas said: Currently in nursing school in Texas to become an LPN. I then plan to relocate to Grand Rapids upon graduation. Does anybody know how the market is for LPNs in GR?
Thanks

I get emails all the time for job listings in GR me and my boyfriend are looking to move there when he graduates i am currently a LPN.

Pebbels in Bad Axe, Michigan

45 months ago

babyblu113 in Saginaw, Michigan said: I graduated from Latoyas health education one years LPN program in Saginaw, I can say I have been offered a position at every job I've ever applied at, but there are not any jobs to apply for in our area right now. For those of you making 25-26 dollars an hour you are very lucky that is not really heard of in our area most make 15-19 dollars an hour.

Is it possible to email you. I would have some question that I would like to ask you about Latoyas in Saginaw. I am thinking about going there myself next year.

sissy in Taylor, Michigan

45 months ago

corrina in Taylor, Michigan said: But you every penny of that money I've work there too there motto is you can easily be replaced so watch your back

That's so true and I know the facility your talking about.I've worked there for 5 yrs and yes you are easily replaceable

sissy in Taylor, Michigan

45 months ago

courtland45@hotmail.com in Toledo, Ohio said: i would recomend just going for your rn, the market is terrrible for lpn's

Go for the RN and make sure you graduate with a BSN degree because most facilities are no longer intrested in the Diploma RNGood Luck!

lpndora@yahoo.com in Detroit, Michigan

45 months ago

I know several places hiring LPNs in Detroit and St. Claire Shores MI that pay very well.

corrina in Taylor, Michigan

45 months ago

If you do would you mind giving me a list.I'm still seeking employment

chocdrp in Toledo, Ohio

45 months ago

please list places hiring in Mi. I'm a LPN. Thanks.

corrina in Taylor, Michigan

45 months ago

Log on to careerbuilders.com.They have lots of listings depending on the area you want to work.Hope this helps

Linda58 in Waterford, Michigan

44 months ago

I have been an LPN for two years now. Working in LTC is hard. I just started a new job about 2 months ago. I have never regretted being an LPN until I took this job. LTC facilities are very similar but there are some that are much better to work for. Feeling burned out already. And yes I agree. Mich is getting harder for nurses to find work.

Crosby87 in Michigan

44 months ago

Does anyone know any places that are hiring in the Monroe, Ann Arbor, Adrian, Toledo area? I am newly licensed and cant seem to get any interest from employers. I have applied on careerbuilder, indeed, ihire, craigslist, etc... I am seeking long term care and subacute, rehab facilities. I did well in school by working very hard and now I am becoming totally discouraged. I went to PSI in Toledo, OH. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

sheila0313 in Detroit, Michigan

43 months ago

lpndora@yahoo.com in Detroit, Michigan said: I know several places hiring LPNs in Detroit and St. Claire Shores MI that pay very well.

Where in St. Claire Shores are they hiring?

Erica in Taylor, Michigan

43 months ago

lucy in Farmington, Michigan said: Thankyou very much for the information on LPN. I would like to know is there any other small course that i can take to improve my pay....something in between CNA and LPN.

There is a PTC program thro Ross MEdical but if your gonna go to school you might as well go for the LPN. You go to school for the same amount of time and dont make as much money as a PTC.

43 months ago

20772sheila in Petersburg, Michigan said: Good morning, I see you are helping many people that are looking for jobs. Do you have anything available in Lenawee, Monroe, or Washtenaw counties for a new LPN?
Thanks,
Sheila

Try heartland healthcare in Ann Arbor

43 months ago

mecca313 in dearborn, Michigan said: I must admit some of the things I have read here are discouraging me a little, but i need some insight from some experinced people so here are a few questions for you all .

I think its worth it! Im a new grad as of last Aug. I have a job and make 24.80 an hr as a new grad! I attended Nexcare Training Insitute in Westland, MI I was there first class to graduate and I believe I was well prepared and only had to take my state boards once LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sheila0313 in Warren, Michigan

43 months ago

Erica in Taylor, Michigan said: I think its worth it! Im a new grad as of last Aug. I have a job and make 24.80 an hr as a new grad! I attended Nexcare Training Insitute in Westland, MI I was there first class to graduate and I believe I was well prepared and only had to take my state boards once LOL

Dear Erica in Taylor MI, Where do you work making 24.80? Are they hiring now?

43 months ago

sheila0313 in Warren, Michigan said: Dear Erica in Taylor MI, Where do you work making 24.80? Are they hiring now?

Heartland Healthcare in Allen Park

43 months ago

Erica in Taylor, Michigan said: Heartland Healthcare in Allen Park

Thank you Erica! I'm a new nurse, I have only searched for about a month now for a nursing job. Every LPN position I see requires 1 year experience or more. I paid a lot of money for nursing school, and sacrificed many things to compete school. I worked hard on studying for that Nclex exam and I passed it the first time, I just hope it wasn't all for nothing. I'm glad for all the nursing forums like indeed and allnurses, because all the nurses on here help each other out. I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you! sheila0313@hotmail.com

43 months ago

Did you find a job yet?

43 months ago

sheila0313 in Warren, Michigan said: Thank you Erica! I'm a new nurse, I have only searched for about a month now for a nursing job. Every LPN position I see requires 1 year experience or more. I paid a lot of money for nursing school, and sacrificed many things to compete school. I worked hard on studying for that Nclex exam and I passed it the first time, I just hope it wasn't all for nothing. I'm glad for all the nursing forums like indeed and allnurses, because all the nurses on here help each other out. I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you! sheila0313@hotmail.com

Alot of places say they want 1 yr experence but really nursing homes will take new grads! Its really home healthcare that wants u to have the yr because ur out on ur own and they wanna make sure u have a footin under you! If I were u I would still apply even if they say one yr required! I know that we just hired 2 new nurses so keep ur head up :) All heartlands are good places to work at and theres tons in Michigan......Dearborn hts, ann arbor, allen park, google HCR manor care there are tons!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.