Michigan nursing

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 150)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

sheila0313 in Warren, Michigan

43 months ago

Thank you, so much. I applied for the Heartland in Troy, MI just recently. I know tonight we got that winter storm coming so, next week I'm going back out there filling out more applications. I know I will find something, so I'm not going to worry. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Home Care in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

43 months ago

I was looking through this thread and thought I would add some input. I work for a home care agency and LPNs are still sought after for hire. Also, they are pretty well paid in comparison to what I have seen on here. Depending on a person's flexibility and willingness there is a chance to be able to shadow RNs in order to gain experience. Sometimes it just depends on the person. I am actually looking for RNs/LPNs in the Ypsilanti area or those willing to travel there for a pediatric vent case. Obviously this is a more specified area of expertise - where experience would be more beneficial, but it doesn't mean the right person couldn't be trained. If anyone is interested, email your resume to annaleuterio@gmail.com. Otherwise, good luck! ~Anna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

blondie68 in West Lafayette, Indiana

43 months ago

y fiancée will be graduating from Ivy Tech Indianapolis in Indiana with an ASN, but I am currently applying to graduate schools for myself and one of them is the University of Michigan. I have a couple of questions about this

1)If we were going to try to move to Ann Arbor, should he get his RN license in Indiana and try to transfer it to Michigan, or just wait and get his license in Michigan?

2) What are the odds of a newly graduated RN getting a job offer around Ann Arbor, especially since people in Michigan are unlikely to have heard of the school he graduated from?

tdl87 in Taylor, Michigan

43 months ago

I'm sitting here reading these post and I am getting so nervous. I'll be completing my nursing program in April. I'm currently practicing for the NCLEX and I'm using the ATI tools. I attend job corps and my program is free but I'm really going to be disappointed if I can't find a job because I sacrificed a lot coming here. If anyone has any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sheila0313 in Detroit, Michigan

43 months ago

tdl87 in Taylor, Michigan said: I'm sitting here reading these post and I am getting so nervous. I'll be completing my nursing program in April. I'm currently practicing for the NCLEX and I'm using the ATI tools. I attend job corps and my program is free but I'm really going to be disappointed if I can't find a job because I sacrificed a lot coming here. If anyone has any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated.

You will find a job, it may not be right away, but you will find a job. I know many places hiring but it's all about that experience most places say at least 1 year experience. So once you do find a job and get at least 1 year experience, you can just about get a job anywhere. So right now I'm looking to work wherever I can get in at and get experience. Good luck everyone!

corrina in Taylor, Michigan

43 months ago

Heartland is not a good place for employment.I worked there 5 year and if you value your license and want to really earn that pay check .Go for it,but remember your responsible for 23-24 patients.Good Luck!

43 months ago

He's better off getting license there .Then apply for a michigan license the jobs here in michigan are great and plenty if your an RN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

davidbelanger in Roscommon, Michigan

43 months ago

I have my LPN license for 2 years and still no job as nurse....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

davidbelanger in Roscommon, Michigan said: I have my LPN license for 2 years and still no job as nurse....

You may have to relocate to another part of Michigan, because I never seen lpn job listings in Roscommon, MI. You will find something eventually either in Wayne county, Macomb county or Oakland county.

43 months ago

Try searching for jobs in your area by city .I lived in Cadillac MI for 23 years and I've seen plenty of jobs in the surrounding area.Good Luck!!!! You may want to try Heartland Home Care or other Homecare.That's if you like traveling

43 months ago

So is the school that you graduate from really a deciding factor for employment?

43 months ago

No.Just keep searching.Try careerbuilders,Michigan Talent Bank,or goggle...jobs for lpn in Detroit MI or wherever you want to work

Jackey in Detroit, Michigan

42 months ago

corrina in Taylor, Michigan said: He's better off getting license there .Then apply for a michigan license the jobs here in michigan are great and plenty if your an RN.

I'm looking for a RN for my Director of Nursing position. Please see my ad on allnurses.com. Search for Director of Nursing in Detroit, MI

Denmarbla. In Detroit in Chicago, Illinois

42 months ago

I am a male LPN , 18 yrs experience with geriatrics/ dementia , tube feeding, trachs , meds ... Etc . My last employment was a private duty case for 33 months . He passed away in February . I am still looking for employment now , preferably private duty but of course will consider any & all . I am in Metro Detroit area, Waterford, Mi. Email is denmarbla@yahoo.com . Any leads woukd be greatly appreciated . Thanks !!

Nancy in Big Lake, Minnesota

42 months ago

Jane in Utica, Michigan said: I've been an LPN for four years now and make over 25/hr at a local nursing home. I also recently picked up a contingent position at another nursing home for 26.50/hr. Everyone has their place, and LPN's will always be needed. Some of us are better nurses than RN's due to our experience. I've been in the medical field for 22 years, and can run circles around of our new RN grads. Don't give up, there is a position out there for you!!

I am planning to move there this summer, close to where u are...any ideas or places where you can let me know where they are hiring?

42 months ago

gm in Detroit, Michigan said: I Would Like to speak with you, I know of a place that is hiring and paying very well

Would love some leads too...moving out there...

42 months ago

sheila0313 in Detroit, Michigan said: You will find a job, it may not be right away, but you will find a job. I know many places hiring but it's all about that experience most places say at least 1 year experience. So once you do find a job and get at least 1 year experience, you can just about get a job anywhere. So right now I'm looking to work wherever I can get in at and get experience. Good luck everyone!

I am moving there soon...would love some leads to where they are hiring...have been a Lpn for 10 yrs....any ideas???

42 months ago

I am moving to Michigan soon and would love any leads that someone could give me as to where to apply. I am moving to the Bloomfield Hills, Rochester area depending on where I get a job...would appreciate any leads anyone could give me. I have been LPN for 10 yrs, have worked in hospital, home care ... Thanks!!
My email is nlsauer_17@msn.com

42 months ago

Denmarbla. In Detroit in Chicago, Illinois said: I am a male LPN , 18 yrs experience with geriatrics/ dementia , tube feeding, trachs , meds ... Etc . My last employment was a private duty case for 33 months . He passed away in February . I am still looking for employment now , preferably private duty but of course will consider any & all . I am in Metro Detroit area, Waterford, Mi. Email is denmarbla@yahoo.com . Any leads woukd be greatly appreciated . Thanks !!

Try checking in to maxim Healthcare they are looking for all kinds of private duty care Personally I dont like private duty I feel like I am glorified babysitter

42 months ago

Nancy in Big Lake, Minnesota said: I am moving there soon...would love some leads to where they are hiring...have been a Lpn for 10 yrs....any ideas???

Where are you moving to? Which city? You can go anywhere, look on indeed.com for LPN jobs in Michigan and look on craigslist.com for LPN in Detroit, MI. I now Heartland is hiring everywhere, in Rochester Hills, go to Boulevard Healthcare. Boulevard healthcare has a 5 patient 1 nurse ratio. I got hired at Vibra healthcare in Lincoln Park, MI. But Vibra healthcare are not hiring anymore right now, they said maybe in another 2 months.

42 months ago

Thanks for the info...i am moving by Rochester Hills.

mary in Ada, Michigan

41 months ago

Brandyrae in Jackson, Michigan said: The job market here for LPN's is terrible. I have been a LPN for over 10 years and I moved mack to Michigan this past fall. I still have not found a job. The whole state of Michigan has revised their care and budget and have done away with LPN's. The only chance is a nursing home and the pay is 16.00-18.00 tops. Most nursing homes are only hiring part-time employees so they dont have to offer benefits. How is the job market in Indiana? When I was in Tennessee, I had job offers thrown at me. There also seem to be alot of LPN jobs in Wisconsin and Arizona. If you are an LPN, Michigan is not a place to seek employment.

we are hiring lpn's for 16-17 caring touch nursing give us a call out of grand rapids,mi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Midland, Michigan

41 months ago

mary in Ada, Michigan said: we are hiring lpn's for 16-17 caring touch nursing give us a call out of grand rapids,mi

I totally agree, In fact the few places willing to hire me only pay 12 dollars an hour for LPNs. This is insulting, i did almost all of the RN program so i know there are not too many things the LPN doesnt do that RNs do in Michigan. Michigan has gone down hill, in more than just nursing.

41 months ago

Where are you guys applying for jobs in Michigan, because I make 21.77hr at my full time job and 22hr at my part time job.

Marilyn in Casselman, Ontario

41 months ago

Hey Everyone
Similar situation in Canada for LPN/ RPN. I live near Ottawa, Ontario. Only jobs are casual call-in for home care (one week-end a month) I have 23 years experience and just completed a refresher program. Our rate of pay is about 22.00 to 26.00 hour (but our tax rate is totally stupid compared to USA)
Our scope of practice is almost the same as RNs here now, just for less pay!
We seem to all be in the same slump. Well, good luck, hope it improves for all of us. Where is the big nursing shortage we keep hearing about our whole careers?
More like a hiring shortage!!

exhausted nurse in Grand Haven, Michigan

41 months ago

i am an lpn, out of work for two years after losing job,and now am only getting one day a week from local agency. can anybody relate? i'm so discouraged. am 5 years from retirement, and thinking to retire early as that income would be steady and then just supplememt. better than one day a week pay.

exhausted nurse in Grand Haven, Michigan

41 months ago

i am an lpn, out of work for two years after losing job,and now am only getting one day a week from local agency. can anybody relate? i'm so discouraged. am 5 years from retirement, and thinking to retire early as that income would be steady and then just supplememt. better than one day a week pay.

Sue in Livonia, Michigan

40 months ago

Dear Erica in Taylor, I was thinking about attending Nexcare training in Westland but can't find any reviews about the school anywhere. Do you know if they will accept payment plans as my husband and I are nervous about $15,500 up front. Did most in your class do well? Congrats to you!!!

Erica in Port Huron, Michigan

40 months ago

YA they did do payment plans u would have a payment due every month usually like 1500 to 2000. ya for the most part everyone did good, we did lose some in some of the classes but so far everyone that graduated that has taken the test has passed and is working in the nursing field! Good luck!!

JANE2020 in Detroit, Michigan

39 months ago

There are still nursing jobs available here in metro-Detroit area, for all the people looking for 12hr and 8 hr shifts....the Heartland facilities they have quite a few....and also try the large hospitals in the detroit area, the ones that have commercials...some of them have longterm and rehab facitities...jobs for LPN's that pay between 22-25.00/hr....I worked for agencies also in the past 10 years and the jobs for those nurses in small cities,the jobs are few, my suggestion is to commute, try Southfield,Dearborn,Canton, Westland,Livonia,Farmington,Bloomfield, West Bloomfield...etc, they all have longterm care facilities.....for the new nurses especially...just keep in mind that at some of these facilities....unfortunately the staff at times is not as professional as they should be, and sometimes nursing ethics and integrity are lacking and or non-existant....so watch yourself!....try and dot all of the i's and cross all the t's...they'll be watching....hang in there....Good Luck!!...

Sherri

39 months ago

kelly in Toledo, Ohio said: Im interested in knowing of some places that start off at good pay im in my final quarter at TSPN in Ohio

Hi Im interested in enrolling at TSPN and I will be driving from Michigan can you tell me how the school is, teachers,hours, the program, tuition and details so I know what to look for. Thanks?

38 months ago

I took and passed my NCLEX July 6th...How long does an endorsement from OH to MI take and should I start looking for jobs now?

Jay

38 months ago

It probably just depends on how quickly the state board of nursing processes your request. This site has a lot of state-specific nurse licensure info nurseslink.org/lpn-programs/michigan/ that might give you more details.

Cap Wearer in Shippenville, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

I am moving to the lansing area and I am wondering if there are many LPN jobs available. I am moving from PA and the pay here for graduate nurses, and new Lpn's is 13/hr to 15/hr. What kind of pay could I expect in Michigan?

katie in New Baltimore, Michigan

36 months ago

maurie in Toledo, Ohio said: What part of michigan? Lpn's are making 21/hr-24/hr and even more with homecare im a new grad the first application i filled out i was hired and got a job in taylor mi. making 21/hr + shift differential. Look in the metro detroit area (which consist of all surronding areas within 30-45 minutes away) keep looking the jobs are out there

I'm also a recent grad and will be relocating to the metro area and would appreciate a steer in the right direction to look for a lpn opportunity thanks so much

katie in New Baltimore, Michigan

36 months ago

I'm relocating to the metro detroit area and just recently graduated with my lpn, i would apreciate any leads on where to look for employment opportunities thanks so much

Traci in Alpena, Michigan

36 months ago

I have been an LPN for 7 years working home health... I love what I do..YEs I understand its not easy to do, you have to be a special nurse to be able to do it... and for the person who had stated she felt like a glorified babysitter, well obviously that type of work wasn't for you. I prefer the one on one care with my client, I currently work a 24/7 nursing case here. I have been with other families on cases and this one is a dream case!! You can work 3 days 12 hour shifts and still work part time somewhere else if you wanted to.. I wish some of the people who were looking for jobs lived closer north.. Try www.compassionatecaremi.com we have several offices in Michigan.

davidbelanger in Roscommon, Michigan

36 months ago

Traci in Alpena, Michigan said: I have been an LPN for 7 years working home health... I love what I do..YEs I understand its not easy to do, you have to be a special nurse to be able to do it... and for the person who had stated she felt like a glorified babysitter, well obviously that type of work wasn't for you. I prefer the one on one care with my client, I currently work a 24/7 nursing case here. I have been with other families on cases and this one is a dream case!! You can work 3 days 12 hour shifts and still work part time somewhere else if you wanted to.. I wish some of the people who were looking for jobs lived closer north.. Try www.compassionatecaremi.com we have several offices in Michigan.

I live in houghton lake.Do you know of any places hiring?Willing to travel.Thank you

Traci in Alpena, Michigan

36 months ago

David in Roscommon, Michigan said: I to still have not found a LPN job.Went to a interview on thursday and the person that was suppose to do the interview never showed up for me.That was a low blow.Getting frustraded.Are michigan works wont even help find a job for you.I graduated in june 2009 and no job.If anyone knows of any jobs close to roscommon with in 75 miles could you pass it along to me thanks..........

check out www.compassionatecaremi.com looking for nurses in Cheboygan for a 24/7 case..

Cindy in Cambridge, Wisconsin

36 months ago

$12 for an LPN???? How insulting! CNA's and medical assistants make that, not nurses. I'd keep looking and keep your chin up!

Karen in Maryville, Tennessee

34 months ago

I am considering moving to Michigan in 2012. I am an LPN with 7 years experiance. could you please tell me what is the job out look around the Monroe,MI area?

india o in detroit, Michigan

31 months ago

Does anyone know anything about the lpn program at Oakland university riverview? It's the old riverview hospital on Jefferson in Detroit. I'm accepted into that program & also the Toledo school of nursing. I'm suppose to start in July. I would rather go to Oakland riverview because its closer. I don't want to drive to Toledo everyday for 1 year. However, I want to go where I will be prepared for nclex and I haven't heard anything about Oakland riverview & can't find any reviews.... Any suggestions?

linisha in Detroit, Michigan

30 months ago

davidbelanger in Roscommon, Michigan said: I have my LPN license for 2 years and still no job as nurse....

Try BCA StoneCrest Center in Detroit MI, they are always hiring LPN's and RN's.
Good Luck Everbody!!!

linisha in Detroit, Michigan

30 months ago

india o in detroit, Michigan said: Does anyone know anything about the lpn program at Oakland university riverview? It's the old riverview hospital on Jefferson in Detroit. I'm accepted into that program & also the Toledo school of nursing. I'm suppose to start in July. I would rather go to Oakland riverview because its closer. I don't want to drive to Toledo everyday for 1 year. However, I want to go where I will be prepared for nclex and I haven't heard anything about Oakland riverview & can't find any reviews.... Any suggestions?

Can you tell me how you applied to the program, what was the requirements??
Email me if you can linishat@yahoo.com....I really would appreciate it. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LPn in Roseville, Michigan

30 months ago

Hello I'm looking for a school in Michigan for LPN any suggestions. I worked in the nursing home as a CNA for several years and now I'm working in the Hospital as a PCA. I must say I learned more in the nursing home from the LPN than in the hospital from the RN is really sad how LPN are downplayed and not recognized for there hard work knowledge most RN at my job don't know how to draw blood, wound care. Most of them are without compassion and feel that there beyond patient care there young and there for a paycheck only. So hang in there LPN your important to the Healthcare field they can not ween you out.

kimberly J in Farmington, Michigan

29 months ago

Candacebennieb in Detroit, Michigan said: Do not go to Everest I work at Henry Ford Hospital and my Nurse Manager told me they will not hire me in the system if you go to that school.

I have a friend that graduated from Everest over 2 years ago and she said no one would hire her because of Everest.

Also, Michigan works TAA representative tells me that they will not pay for Everest, through my education benefits from No workers left behind or a special grant I got from Chrysler when I took the buy-out. Because they have found that they LPN Everest graducates are unemployable.

BEWARE OF EVEREST DON'T GO!!!

So I don't know what you guys are doing wrong but I graduated from Everest January 2011 I took my boards the end of February and was working by the middle of March with not one but two (contigent and full time)jobs one started at 22.50 with shift differential and the other was 26 and I had over five interviews as well as job offers.....So if your thinking about Everest and thats the simplest way to get there because NexCare and Oakland U makes you pay OUT OF POCKET don't listen to others buyer beware because you never know there work history background or personality.

sanderlemieux@gmail.com in Windsor, Ontario

28 months ago

BEWARE TO ALL WHO READ THIS . I HAVE BEEN A NURSE FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND WORKED IN NURSING HOMES,PRISON, AND CRITICAL CARE. I AM LICENSED IN USA AND CANADA-( VERY TOUGH PROGRAM IN CANADA- MUST KNOW YOUR STUFF !) I AM A DUEL CITIZEN ! I HAVE FINISHED TRAVELING WITH MY HUSBAND 3 YEARS AS HE COULD NOT GET JOB IN BAD ECONOMY ! I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE FIELD OF NURSING THIS BAD ! BE PREPARED TO TAKE ANY JOB AND DO AS YOUR TOLD ! MICHIGAN IS WHERE I M FROM. IF YOU WANT TO WORK YOU MUST GO RURAL -OR TO OIL COUNTRY ! THE USA IS IN WORST SHAPE THEN CANADA-AND I AM AMERICAN AND CANADIAN-(PARENT FROM BOTH COUNTIRES) I AM VERY SAD TO SEE ALL OF THIS GOING ON ! DO NOT TAKE NURSING UNLESS YOUR PASSIONATE ABOUT IT! YOU MUST BE WILLING TO LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, NO CIVIIZATION AND KNIT BLANKETS !FORTUNATELY I AM NOT COMING BACK TO MICHIGAN UNTIL I RETIRE BUT HAVE FAMILY AN FRIENDS HERE. IF YOU CAN LIVE LIKE THAT YOU WILL FIND WORK. OTHERWISE YOU WILL STAY UNEMPLOYED. EMPLOYERS CAN DO TO YOU WHAT EVER THEY WANT THOUSANDS IN LINE FOR YOUR JOB !IF YOU WISH A DISCUSSION EMAIL ME !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TallNurse in Royal Oak, Michigan

26 months ago

Candacebennieb in Detroit, Michigan said: Do not go to Everest I work at Henry Ford Hospital and my Nurse Manager told me they will not hire me in the system if you go to that school.

I have a friend that graduated from Everest over 2 years ago and she said no one would hire her because of Everest.

Also, Michigan works TAA representative tells me that they will not pay for Everest, through my education benefits from No workers left behind or a special grant I got from Chrysler when I took the buy-out. Because they have found that they LPN Everest graducates are unemployable.

BEWARE OF EVEREST DON'T GO!!!

^^^^This is untrue!!!!!!!!!! EVERY SINGLE STUDENT in my graduating class passed their board first round and had multiple job offers. Most of the instructors at the school are well respected in the nursing community and provide personal references that aide in obtaining employment. Not only did I get a job offer within one week of getting my license, I am currently working 3 jobs and I was accepted into an LPN to RN program the first time I applied without being put on a wait list. True it is expensive and certain financial aid is not accepted, but there is no truth at all to that claim that Everest grads are unemployable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Briggiec@gmail.com in West Chester, Ohio

24 months ago

Jane in Utica, Michigan said: I've been an LPN for four years now and make over 25/ hr at a local nursing home. I also recently picked up a contingent position at another nursing home for 26.50/hr. Everyone has their place, and LPN's will always be needed. Some of us are better nurses than RN's due to our experience. I've been in the medical field for 22 years, and can run circles around of our new RN grads. Don't give up, there is a position out there for you!!

I agree with LPNs being well trained and "running circles around the new RNs" I am currently mentoring a new RN in OH. I plan to relocate to MI and was actually offered a job in Roscommon, MI. Pay is not great, but if u want less stress it is worth it. I am not going to take the job in Roscommon as I plan to continue to work in OH part time and spend part of each month in MI to enjoy the beautiful North. Send resumes randomly and follow up with notes and phone calls....jobs are out there!! Good luck to my fellow LPNs. P.S. I have been an LPN for 22 years and still love what I do!

sarah

17 days ago

So untrue over half our staff went to Everest or ohio you just have to work at a nursing home

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.