PSB entrance exam for LPN

Comments (7)

ginseng in Nitro, West Virginia

74 months ago

please help.
I'm taking my entrance exam next month. However I have been out of school now going on 20 years so I'm very nervous. I have been studying math, science, biology etc. but I do not really know what to expect on the test.
do they let you use calculators for math? or it is something you are able to do on paper?
any advice is greatly greatly appreciated!

jswnwv in Wharton, West Virginia

74 months ago

I'm took my test and failed 2 parts of it: Judgement and Natural Science. They are offering me to retest those parts of the test I failed, which I will because I want to get in real bad.

On the test I took, it had 5 parts: Academic Aptitude (math and IQ), Spelling, Natural Science, Judgement (common sense questions that you can't study for) and Adjustment (which you can't study for either).

As for calculators, they let us use them, but with the test that I took, I didn't need it, so I didn't use it. They just gave us some scrap paper to write on.

All questions were multiple choice and agree/disagree. I thought I really bombed it but did well on the 3 of the 5 sections.

Hope this helps,

Good luck.

Jeff in WV.

jswnwv in Hewett, West Virginia

74 months ago

P.S. I've been out of school for 23 years.

MARY in Stockbridge, Georgia

70 months ago

I am taking the PSB entrance exam for the LPN next week.What section do i need to study for? so far i have been studing the math schience reading and the verbal.i'm nervous about the reading portion and the verbal i am not good at vocabulary.

MARY in Stockbridge, Georgia

70 months ago

I am taking the PSB entrance exam for the LPN next week.What section do i need to study for? so far i have been studing the math science reading and the verbal.i'm nervous about the reading portion and the verbal i am not good at vocabulary.

Marilyn Bloch in Hollywood, Florida

57 months ago

I have a B.A. in Speech and Hearing from Adelphi but have been out of school for about thirty years. I took the TEAS,three times,NLN,and the score remains the same 58. I find the problem is on the Science and Math Section that does not give me sufficient time to finish and the teacher told me to guess a great proportion of these questions and I guessed wrong. I never took Physics or Chemistry either in College or High School. I studied from Rapid Learning.com but I did not learn enough for the test. I did not have a tutor unfortunately. I found some schools in the Philippines that did not require an entrance test but I do not know how they are accepted in the US after graduation. Also, in Binghampton University I could do a second BSN with no entrance exam but the lpn ENTRANCE TEST is quite prevelant in Florida. Marilyn Bloch

ginou in Haiti

40 months ago

my son has to to go to veeb for the fall semester 2012 when must he register ?must he take the exam entrance before registration
He got all the prerequisites for RN at nassau except microbiology they asked him to take micro before beginning RN if he did so he will enter the program in fall 2013 bcs we dont know if there is a SPRING SEMESTER FOR THE NURSING PROGRAM

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.