REFRESHER COURSES

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 232)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

keishan17@*****.*** in Hammond, Louisiana

63 months ago

Mrs. Marie Brown I am inrestered in a LPN refresher coarse ASAP so please let me know my email is keishan17@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mom2mjv in Parlin, New Jersey

62 months ago

I have just found out that Mercer County Vocational School in Trenton NJ will be offering an LPN refresher course when they have 10 interested people. They are sending me a form in the mail and I will be the fifth person on the list.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Joann in Mount Laurel, New Jersey said: This is all ludicrous and ridiculous, I recently wanted to renew my LPN license, I practiced for 8 years after getting my license in l976, remember having an RN shadow me, as I trained her to be a nurse since after she had gotten her license l8 years prior, she never worked as a nurse, and left and raised a family. I too now have left OK 26 years, but I've nursed many people, besides my 6 children, helping people w/ injections who asked me to teach them who had to do home injections, and now when I want to get my license back to be prepared to return to nursing it looks like a big joke, once a nurse always a nurse, I could shadow someone as I did for someone many years ago. It's very frustrating to me, I'm now 57 years old, and frustrated since I always felt like I was an LPN and still do.

Mercer County Vocational School will be doing a refresher as soon as they have 10 interested people. They currently have 5.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Joann in Mount Laurel, New Jersey said: This is all ludicrous and ridiculous, I recently wanted to renew my LPN license, I practiced for 8 years after getting my license in l976, remember having an RN shadow me, as I trained her to be a nurse since after she had gotten her license l8 years prior, she never worked as a nurse, and left and raised a family. I too now have left OK 26 years, but I've nursed many people, besides my 6 children, helping people w/ injections who asked me to teach them who had to do home injections, and now when I want to get my license back to be prepared to return to nursing it looks like a big joke, once a nurse always a nurse, I could shadow someone as I did for someone many years ago. It's very frustrating to me, I'm now 57 years old, and frustrated since I always felt like I was an LPN and still do.

Check out Mercer County Vocational School.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wynetta in Marietta, Georgia

62 months ago

ahawk in Luling, Louisiana said: I graduated from LPN school in 2006 and attempted to take state boards once and failed I never went back. I'm now trying to find out if there is any type of refresher course available. I've tried to study alone but I get to frustrated.

signed not giving up

Hi i graduated from lpn school in 2007 and failed my state boards and i need help is there anyone out there that can help with a refreshed courses. Not giving up its my dream to become a nurse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Candy in Brooklyn, New York

62 months ago

I am not from NYC....I am currently here for another YR... I graduated from LVN school in Nov. 2001 and has never been licensed and would like to try to get my license.. Do anyone know where i can find a refresher course in Brooklyn or even NJ thats not soo far?..Please help...I need to get the ball rollin..... thanks

ahawk in Destrehan, Louisiana

62 months ago

Marie Brown in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Visit me at Jefferson Nursing Knowledge.com. Send a message or give me a call. I jUST started an LPN review class last week. The sooner you review the greater your chances of passing.

Hi I came to Jeffersonnsgknowledge and gave you all of my info but never started the class can you please contact me. aulbonnicole@yahoo.com if you will be starting it up soon.

Thanks and God Bless

MARIE BROWN in Harvey, Louisiana

61 months ago

Hi, Unfortunately JNK does not offer scheduled classes, only requests.If you are seeking a review program,I currently have one other LPN who needs it.I plan to advertise soon and begin the review with a class of five or more.

joz in Piscataway, New Jersey

61 months ago

mom2mjv in Parlin, New Jersey said: I have just found out that Mercer County Vocational School in Trenton NJ will be offering an LPN refresher course when they have 10 interested people. They are sending me a form in the mail and I will be the fifth person on the list.

Is there someone specific that should be contacted? I've called so many places and hit a wall. Did they tell you there were any requisites before taking the class?

wynetta in Atlanta, Georgia

61 months ago

I need help to find a refresher class for lpn. Please help live in atlanta ga. I have been out of school for 3 years and it is time i get my license.

mom2mjv@*****.*** in Parlin, New Jersey

61 months ago

Jo Z in Piscataway, New Jersey said: Is there someone specific that should be contacted? I've called so many places and hit a wall. Did they tell you there were any requisites before taking the class?

You can get in touch with the principal at Mercer County Technical Schools, Health Careers Center. I was recently contacted and told that they should have a tentative schedule in a couple of weeks. Ther are some very basic pre-requisites, like health-care provider cpr certification and liability insurance. I cannot post any specific contact info on this site, so please let me know if you have trouble finding it.

keishan17@*****.*** in Amite, Louisiana

61 months ago

ok. just let me know.

Thanks.

61 months ago

mustang985 in La Place, Louisiana said: Does anyone know of any refresher course in the stat of Louisiana. Thanks

Yes if u know anybody that needs a refresher coarse it has one comming up in boguslsa la. For the month of August.

61 months ago

ahawk in Destrehan, Louisiana said: Hi I came to Jeffersonnsgknowledge and gave you all of my info but never started the class can you please contact me. aulbonnicole@yahoo.com if you will be starting it up soon.

Thanks and God Bless

Can u email me I know a refresher coarse for this month.

marystar@*****.*** in Metairie, Louisiana

61 months ago

keishan17@yahoo.com in Amite, Louisiana said: Can u email me I know a refresher coarse for this month.

I called Northshore Technical College to find out info on the refresher course starting in August, but the person with the info will not be in until Aug. 15th. I was wondering if you could email me any info you might have. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

marystar@*****.*** in Metairie, Louisiana

61 months ago

marystar@co.net in Metairie, Louisiana said: I called Northshore Technical College to find out info on the refresher course starting in August, but the person with the info will not be in until Aug. 15th. I was wondering if you could email me any info you might have. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

SO SORRY!!! I'M EXHAUSTED AND TYPED IN MY EMAIL INCORRECTLY!!! My name is mary and my correct email address is: marystar@cox.net

Thanks so much!!!!

keishan17@*****.*** in Covington, Louisiana

61 months ago

YES I HAVE INFORMATION. IT STARTS ON THE 23 OF THIS MONTH. ORIENTATION IS AT 4P.M. THIS MONDAY ON THE 15TH TRY TO COME CAUSE THEY NEED AT LEAST 10 PEOPLE TO KEEP THIS CLASS. IF U NEED MORE INFO EMAIL ME.

joz in Piscataway, New Jersey

61 months ago

mom2mjv@aol.com in Parlin, New Jersey said: You can get in touch with the principal at Mercer County Technical Schools, Health Careers Center. I was recently contacted and told that they should have a tentative schedule in a couple of weeks. Ther are some very basic pre-requisites, like health-care provider cpr certification and liability insurance. I cannot post any specific contact info on this site, so please let me know if you have trouble finding it.

Thanks for the info. I contacted MCTS and have a copy of the brochure in hand. Since I wasn't working in the field, I haven't been getting the insurance so I'll have to look into that. I'm registered to take a class on Thursday for the Fall semester so I hope the refresher course will not be on a Thursday. Thanks again for your help.

mom2mjv in Sayreville, New Jersey

61 months ago

Jo Z in Piscataway, New Jersey said: Thanks for the info. I contacted MCTS and have a copy of the brochure in hand. Since I wasn't working in the field, I haven't been getting the insurance so I'll have to look into that. I'm registered to take a class on Thursday for the Fall semester so I hope the refresher course will not be on a Thursday. Thanks again for your help.[/QUO

Try the CM&F insurance group. I contacted them last month after I found the program. They advised me to purchase student ins. It cost 24.00 for the year. I recieved the approval in 3 days.

Charlotte in Wilmington, Delaware

59 months ago

I am looking for a refresher LPN course in PA. The 1 offered in DE at Owens campus,Del Tech is 2 hours away...

57 months ago

Just recieved word today that Mercer County Tech. School will be starting it's refreswher program on Jan 31, 2012.

Michelle in West Valley, New York

57 months ago

Has anyone taken the NAPNES LPN refresher course? I'm looking at taking the theory part and I'm licensed in NY state. I just wanted to know if it was a good course and worth taking. I can't find any other refresher courses in the Buffalo NY area.

CHARSWEBTOO in Wilmington, Delaware

57 months ago

Hi. I applied for a license in DE, licensed in PA. I was told I had to take the course you are referring to because I had been out of work for 5 years.
Long story short, the course is not available here at this time so the board of nursing said I could work 240 hrs. with an RN in place of the course.

Michelle in West Valley, New York

57 months ago

CHARSWEBTOO in Wilmington, Delaware said: Hi. I applied for a license in DE, licensed in PA. I was told I had to take the course you are referring to because I had been out of work for 5 years.
Long story short, the course is not available here at this time so the board of nursing said I could work 240 hrs. with an RN in place of the course.

Oh so even though it's available online DE is not on the list of states that recognizes it? NY isn't listed either. They (NAPNES)will still allow me to take the online theory so I will do that.

57 months ago

Make sure the path you choose will ultimately help you get your license reinstated, otherwise you may just be out hte money you invested. Keep looking for alternatives and talkint to you state board of nursing to see if they can help accomadate you. Write letters to local politicians. Just try to make sure your money is well spent>

Tray from Oxford Pa in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

56 months ago

IS THERE A REFRESHER COARSE CLOSE TO ME THAT I CAN TAKE LIVE IN OXFORD PA CLOSE TO LANCASTER PA.

56 months ago

Tray, you need to contact board of nursing. If they cant help you do an internet search. If you become interested in an on-line program, make sure you will be able to complete the practical portioin. Most of them have you set up your own practical and I dont know about Pa, but here in NJ i couldnt find the appropriate place to allow me to come in. You would just be throwing your money away. If you cant find anything start a letter writing campaign. Good Luck!!1

Kathleen in New Orleans, Louisiana

55 months ago

bac2nsg in hammond, Louisiana said: I got tired of waiting for a refresher course to become available so I called the LA BON. They told me they accept the South Dakota University online program. I am currently taking it. It consist of 80 theory hrs & 80 clinical hours. I have already found a nsg home which is going to allow me to do clinic there. The theory consist of 8 test I took two in one day so I have 6 left. If you need info just ask.

Hi, I have been out of nursing for last 13 years, I am ready to get back in to nursing. The problem is founding a place for the clinical hours. Any Leads out their for me to follow. Thanks

Kathleen Brown in New Orleans, Louisiana

55 months ago

MARIE BROWN in Harvey, Louisiana said: Hi, Unfortunately JNK does not offer scheduled classes, only requests.If you are seeking a review program,I currently have one other LPN who needs it.I plan to advertise soon and begin the review with a class of five or more.

Ms Brown, when is your next class being offered. Work for 23 years out for 12 years in another field. Please e-mail me at mskslitehouse@hotmail.com information about your program. If you are no longer doing this traning do you know anyone else

m brown in Harvey, Louisiana

54 months ago

Sorry but I no longer offer REfresher classes. You may want to call a LTC. At time they offer review courses at reasonable cost. This si an excellent time to get back inot nursing for LPNs. Best Wishes

Patricia in Binghamton, New York

51 months ago

Michelle in West Valley, New York said: Oh so even though it's available online DE is not on the list of states that recognizes it? NY isn't listed either. They (NAPNES)will still allow me to take the online theory so I will do that.

Michelle I was wondering if you took the theory online..if it was helpfull and if it was recognized and considered valid by your employers or future employers in NYS?

Anne-Marie Starr RN in Richmond, Virginia

50 months ago

mustang985 in La Place, Louisiana said: Cape Fear community college has an online refresher course

Please I am looking for an RN refresher course.
I am located in Richmond, Va.

RN valid, due to illness I have not been able to work in 3 years

cindyfromunion in Union, New Jersey

50 months ago

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if the Mercer County Vocational School still offers an LPN refresher? I've been looking for
one for a long time.
Thanks,
Cindy

50 months ago

cindyfromunion in Union, New Jersey said: Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if the Mercer County Vocational School still offers an LPN refresher? I've been looking for
one for a long time.
Thanks,
Cindy

I believe they will be offering another class starting in September, but Im not sure. From what I understand there has been a lot of interest in the class. Our class finished in April and it met all of the requirments that the state set. We did both theory and clinical. It was a very good class. I tried to find the phone #, but I misplaced it. I will try to post it tommorrow. Believe me I know all about looking, it was very frustrating>

cindyfromunion in Union, New Jersey

50 months ago

Thank You so much!!! I really thought I would have to give up and start a new career.

Thanks Again,
Cindy

50 months ago

The School is Mercer County Technical Schools Health Cereers Center.They are at 1070 Klockner Road, Trenton NJ. I dont think Im supposed to post the phone number, but you can look it up throught the address. There are several prerequisites, such as malpractice insurance and BLS for heathcareproviders. Also a current physical among a few other things, so you may want to contact them soon so that you can get the ball rolling. Good luck and please let me know how it goes and if you need anything!! Dont give up, your nursing career is within sight!!

Christine L. in Arlington, Virginia

49 months ago

Jan Jones in Newport News, Virginia said: PS to myt reply above www.NurseRefresher.com is the website for the Kane course

I'm in Arlington, VA and looking for an LPN refresher course that focuses on clinical skills. I was an LPN years ago and worked my way through PA school as a nurse. Because of some serious family illnesses, I decided to take some time off from my PA profession and have found it impossible to go back after a few years break. I have reactivated my LPN license, and have no real problem with the academic aspects, but the hands on skills are very different from what I did as a PA. I've been away from the bedside for a long time. I'd LOVE a one day clinical skills refresher. I don't need a semester of didactic or practicum. I need a short intensive review of stuff I did tons of a while back. The Kane course sounds good. Has anyone taken it? I'd be willing to go out of state for a few days, if the course is helpful.

49 months ago

mom2mjv in Parlin, New Jersey said: Check out Mercer County Vocational School.

mom2mjv, you sound so much like me! I'm 58 and I've been away from the bedside officially about as long as you have, but I've nurse numerous family members. I'm a cancer survivor myself. You learn so much more as a patient and family caregiver than you ever could in school! Nurses like you and me just need to brush up on a few rusty skills and we could be very strong assets to any staff. Why can't anyone see that? Even a good orientation would be very helpful. New grad RN's get a lot of OJT. Don't we deserve the same?

49 months ago

Charlotte in Wilmington, Delaware said: I am looking for a refresher LPN course in PA. The 1 offered in DE at Owens campus,Del Tech is 2 hours away...

Charlotte, I saw a small ad in the back of Advance for Nurses Magazine for an LPN refresher course. There was very little information, but I believe it was located in PA. If you can get hold of a copy of the magazine, maybe you can find it.

CHARSWEBTOO in Wilmington, Delaware

49 months ago

Christine L. in Arlington, Virginia said: Charlotte, I saw a small ad in the back of Advance for Nurses Magazine for an LPN refresher course. There was very little information, but I believe it was located in PA. If you can get hold of a copy of the magazine, maybe you can find it.

Hi Christine, Thanks for taking the time to answer. I just got an Advance for nurses today. I will check it out.
I posted as CHARSWEBTOO and said what came of the application from DE. I couldn't get a job to do the hours required so that application fee went down the drain...

Christine L in Arlington, Virginia

49 months ago

We could do so much to ease the nursing shortage, and at far less cost than the BSNs the hospitals are hiring. I'm not saying we can replace degree nurses, but when they're overwhelmed with all they have to do, and it's a lot, we could at the bedside helping out a lot. We're on the same team .

Christine L in Arlington, Virginia

49 months ago

Christine L in Arlington, Virginia said: We could do so much to ease the nursing shortage, and at far less cost than the BSNs the hospitals are hiring. I'm not saying we can replace degree nurses, but when they're overwhelmed with all they have to do, and it's a lot, we could at the bedside helping out a lot. We're on the same team .

The role of the LPN in nursing IMO is similar to the role of the PA in medicine. Both are valuable members of a team.

virginia

49 months ago

I took the LPN program 2yrs ago and have tried twice to pass my boards.With no sucess, Is there a refresher course in WVa to help me pass?

48 months ago

I found something on line. It's 120 hours of on line modules, with another 120 hours of clinical preceptorship, which the student arranges for him or herself. It's NAPNES approved. I have a lot of doubts about for-profit on line schools, but this may be my only option. Here's the link www.lpnrefreshercourse.com
I'm getting feedback that what college credit I have may not be transferable to an RN program because it's too old. I'm too close to retirement age to start all over with college. I need to keep working. What a mess!

48 months ago

Virginia, I have a friend with the same problem. She's a very bright woman, and really knows her stuff, but doesn't do well on the exams. She's been working as a tech. Maybe the course I found would help her. But it's expensive and 100% self taught. It's a sink or swim deal. If you don't make it, you lose all the money. That's one reason I don't like the for-profit on line schools. They get paid whether you pass or not. They have no real investment in you.

virginia

48 months ago

Thank you christine for at least giving me something, I guess I'll keep looking and trying. I have been a CNA 1,CNA2,and a MED TEC which I had let die when I moved back to WVA. My life long dream has to be an LPN and it just seems like the only thing that in my way is that Board Test. I passed my LPN course with a"B" average. I just don't know what they want.

Bobbie in Seattle, Washington

47 months ago

Jo in Piscataway, New Jersey said: I took the LPN course through the local vocational school and got licensed in 1985. Although I kept my license, and even went through the recently required background check, I am not an active LPN. I do however want to leave my desk job and go into the nursing field so I've done extensive search on LPN refresher course and found there are none in my area. I was able to find several online refresher courses which all require a certain number of clinical hours - makes sense right! Well I called the local hospitals to see if they'd allow me to do the clinical portion and was told that LPNs are being phased out or are no longer hired in this area - no one would allow me to do the clinicals. I've been researching this for month's with no success. I'm constantly receiving mail from TCN and RUE, but have never bothered to contact them because I can't seem to find a place that offers refresher and it's been well over 15 years. I started taking classes at the local University and have 45 credits and it seems like it's going to take forever to finish (need ~125 credits total for BA/BS). On top of that, the RN program at the local University requires precalculus and at 47 I haven't taken math in such a long time I'd have to start at such a remedial level it will take that much longer to do an RN at the local college . Although I get tuition remission, only the actual per credit amount is covered and I still have to pay students fees which is not set (the more credits you take the higher the student fees). Unfortunately, the tuition remission can not be used anywhere else but this University. It just seems it will be faster to major in something else, but then I wouldn't be in nursing. I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place - wanting to go back to Nursing and not wanting to have to start from scratch and have it take 6-8 years to get a Bachelor's. So... having said all that, should I just be looking to start over again - from s

Bobbie in Seattle, Washington

47 months ago

Have you tried checking with clinics to see if you can do your clinical there, or perhaps long term facilities?
Good luck....

E. Moreno in North Fort Myers, Florida

42 months ago

DOUGLAS in Richmond, Virginia said: ARE THERE ANY AVAILABLE REFRESHER COURSES FOR LPN

You can go to www.NurseRefresher.com They have it.

E. Moreno in North Fort Myers, Florida

42 months ago

You can go to
www.NurseRefresher.com
They have the LPN refresher. Good luck!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.