School

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 105)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

ariane in Newark, New Jersey

56 months ago

i've just moved to east orange new jersey n really having a hard time with finding a school for lpn can anyone send me a few schools

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lraebennett in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

Honestly, the entrance test is easy. At least I thought it was easy. Based on my average I did better than all the LPN's national averages and better/average with the RN's national average. The math was moreso basic on the entrance test. Then again I went to a very highly accredited school in my area. If you live in Pennsylvania the best I can compare the entrance test to is the PSSA's. They're almost identical in difficulty, which is not on the hard side.

Good luck, I think you should follow and stay persistent in whichever path you choose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana

54 months ago

I have 2 assoc degrees, 1 as a med lab tech (1984) and 1 as a dental hygienist (1995). I have been on unemployment for a year and want to go into the lpn program at our community college in Indiana. I had to take a compass test today found out I am going to have to take an algebra class, then once that's passed, retake anatomy 1&2 which puts me in the fall 2011 to apply for acceptance to the program. Is this normally the way things are done? I thought some of my credits would transfer, say the psych and speech at least since I have the 2 degrees. I am basically starting over and would appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Ms. Butterfly in Tampa, Florida

54 months ago

Hi Lisa,

unfortunately schools don't have to except credits from other schools. All class clock hours vary from school to school and this is why. Yes; this is how many community colleges and Larger colleges work. The only way that I have discovered to avoid all of this is to attend a private MORE EXPENSIVE PRIVATE COLLEGE.

Beware and do your homework on the accreditation of these facilities if you are planing to attend. Go to the Board of Nursing website for your state and this will help you determine if the school has been approved by the board or not. Be sure to take a look at the NCLEX results per school for the last 3-4 years; so you'll know if their students are passing more than failing the test to obtain their license. Goo Luck and God Bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

peg bro in Bloomfield, Connecticut

54 months ago

i just need some help ive come close to passing the pre admission test and thats me doing some reviewing on my own is there any programs in ct that help you refresh before taking the preadmission test, can any one help me .

MONIQUE in Princeton, New Jersey

54 months ago

Jenniffer Yan in Fairfield, Connecticut said: Hi everyone I Live in NY and I will like to know if anybody have any idea of a LPN or RN school. That doesn't require to take the admission test cause I'm really bad in math and there is no way i can pass that test.

MATH IS REQUIRE TO PASS THE LPN CLASSES.SO GO BACH TO SCHOOL AND WORK ON YOUR MATH.GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Ms. Butterfly in Thonotosassa, Florida

54 months ago

Please please do not try an skip the math or the entrance test.If you fear math then think twice before becoming a Nurse. You don't want to over dose a patient due to a math error, and that is more likely to happen then not if your math skills need help.

I was like you looking for a way around the math; but I knew that my patients are people and the loved ones of others. I would not be able to live with myself if I killed a patient because I didn't understand the value of a decimal. Example .001 v.s .01 or .5=1/2 you 'll need to know my friend. To over does or under dose is bad.

emerica74 in Atlanta, Georgia

53 months ago

Nia in Rochester, New York said: Hi everyone ,I Live in NY and I will like to know if anybody have any idea of a LPN school. That doesn't require to take the admission test. Because English is
My secong longage and I'am slow in readig.

I am a recruiter for the Kennedy Global School of Business, Inc, and we have an LVN Nursing Program that costs around $5500 dollars. If you check out other colleges, they are 20,000 dollars or more, or have long waiting lists based on academic performance, or are in far away locations that are just not practical. This school offers a quality education- just like other private schools, but with all the advantages….

The Nursing Program Includes:
• Covered Books and Materials
• 97% Pass-rate for NCLEX-PN
• 1 year Program
• No Waiting List
• Pay Tuition in Installments
• Enrollment Test Not Required
• Earn your Degree Online

Nichole Maddox
Nursing Program Recruiter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

itcocoa in Tampa, Florida

53 months ago

lisa in Wallace, West Virginia said: I am a RN and you REALLY REALLY NEED math skills.....its a huge part of your job....I suggest some type of refresher math course/tudor....something.....it is a matter of life and death for your patients!

You people need to stop being so negative because you are an RN. Yu dont n rtio and propotions to give med so stop it. I am an lpn dont be judgmental to make yourself feel biger. I work hospital too.

itcocoa in Tampa, Florida

53 months ago

You people r mean n d full of sh-- Trying to discourage folks is nasty to make yourself sound big. You do not have to be a math whiz u know this just like me as a nurse.you never use some of the math on entrance testing. You r not sincere. You should gt off this boards then. My key r stickin sorry On

Ms. Butterfly in Tampa, Florida said: Please please do not try an skip the math or the entrance test.If you fear math then think twice before becoming a Nurse. You don't want to over dose a patient due to a math error, and that is more likely to happen then not if your math skills need help.

I was like you looking for a way around the math; but I knew that my patients are people and the loved ones of others. I would not be able to live with myself if I killed a patient because I didn't understand the value of a decimal. Example .001 v.s .01 or .5=1/2 you 'll need to know my friend. To over does or under dose is bad.

Christina in Woodbridge, Virginia

53 months ago

I have struggled with algebra. I am finally going to finish it after 4! yes 4 attempts. I have been told by another LPN who has been an LPN for 20 years, The most math you will need is portion and ratio, ONLY ONLY ONLY if you are working in another country!!! but it is good to know. I am told that all the math is done for you by DR.s pumps, pharmacist, RN's etc...I am told that it is obviously a good idea to have as much math as possible since we do not know where our nursing skills will take us, say yes, maybe to another country some day, where things aren't always far as advanced as in some places. but yes, it is very discouraging to hear other nurses tell me I have a chance of KILLING someone. my goodness...further more, I guess it is always better to be prepared to watch if someone else makes a mistake that you can pick up on, but my I have felt so inadequate since reading all of these posts. I think I may join another forum should I need anymore advise. Thanks ladies and gentlemen.

MRZ.VA in Arlington, Virginia

52 months ago

Fiarfax County Public school has their own LPN cousres...there about 4,000 dollers. Its a 2yr program...first your gets you ceritfied as CNA. 2nd yr you take your state exam for LPN and the second year you can sign up for a scholarship program. I belive that as long as your a VA resident you can apply.I live in Arlington. After a couple of years as a LPN I plan to go to Northern Virginia Community College and take their LPNs Transitional to RN course. I know it would be better to go stray to RN( you can save time and money),but as for me I like taking steps. I'm going to NOVA colloge right now for Medical asisstants and the LPN cousre at fairfax for 18 moths just seems like a better procese for me!!! I'm rushing this...Gotta go to work...sorry for the mispelled words!!!

MRZ.VA in Arlington, Virginia

52 months ago

Fiarfax County Public school has their own LPN cousres...there about 4,000 dollers. Its a 2yr program...first yr. gets you ceritfied as CNA. 2nd yr you take your state exam for LPN and the second year you can also sign up for a scholarship program. I belive that as long as your a VA resident you can apply.I live in Arlington. After a couple of years as a LPN I plan to go to Northern Virginia Community College and take their LPNs Transitional to RN course. I know it would be better to go stray to RN( you can save time and money),but as for me I like taking steps. I'm going to NOVA colloge right now for Medical asisstants and the LPN cousre at fairfax for 18 moths just seems like a better procese for me!!! I'm rushing this...Gotta go to work...sorry for the mispelled words!!!

One thing I forgot to say...With the Fairfax county school program you have to take the first 9 months( gets you CNA prepared) inorder to do the 2nd 9months(get you prepared for and as a LPN) The only reason I'm adding this is because I'm already a CNA and I was blessed to be in a program that payed for it for me...And here in Arlington it cost $650 to take CNA course.So back to topic. Even if your already a CNA you still have to take the first part of the program...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sorry

51 months ago

emerica74 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am a recruiter for the Kennedy Global School of Business, Inc, and we have an LVN Nursing Program that costs around $5500 dollars. If you check out other colleges, they are 20,000 dollars or more, or have long waiting lists based on academic performance, or are in far away locations that are just not practical. This school offers a quality education- just like other private schools, but with all the advantages….

• 1 year Program
• No Waiting List

Nichole Maddox

Do your school have the RN program? and if not do you know of a school in Ga. that have the RN program like your LPN program?
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Phil in Spring Valley, New York

51 months ago

emerica74 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am a recruiter for the Kennedy Global School of Business, Inc, and we have an LVN Nursing Program that costs around $5500 dollars. If you check out other colleges, they are 20,000 dollars or more, or have long waiting lists based on academic performance, or are in far away locations that are just not practical. This school offers a quality education- just like other private schools, but with all the advantages….

• 1 year Program
• No Waiting List

Nichole Maddox

please give me your contact email or contact number so I can discuss this lpn program a little bit futher. Thanks

donnamusic in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

51 months ago

Mrs .M in Freeport, Bahamas said: hi i am moving to orlando and i want to become a LPN could some one recommend some schools to me and some information on the exam to enroll is it heard

Hi,
I took the LPN course in Orlando, Florida at Florida Hospital. It is a teaching hospital also. There you will do your clinicals. I did take the LPN course in 1978 but I am sure it is still great place. Good luck and God Bless.
Donna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JHR in Oneonta, New York

51 months ago

I don't mean to be rude but being an RN requires you to be able to do some serious math calculations to administer medications. It could mean the endof someone's life if you mess it up. Perhaps Nursing is not for you if you cannot handle math.

JHR in Oneonta, New York

51 months ago

Christina in Woodbridge, Virginia said: I have struggled with algebra. I am finally going to finish it after 4! yes 4 attempts. I have been told by another LPN who has been an LPN for 20 years, The most math you will need is portion and ratio, ONLY ONLY ONLY if you are working in another country!!! but it is good to know. I am told that all the math is done for you by DR.s pumps, pharmacist, RN's etc...I am told that it is obviously a good idea to have as much math as possible since we do not know where our nursing skills will take us, say yes, maybe to another country some day, where things aren't always far as advanced as in some places. but yes, it is very discouraging to hear other nurses tell me I have a chance of KILLING someone. my goodness...further more, I guess it is always better to be prepared to watch if someone else makes a mistake that you can pick up on, but my I have felt so inadequate since reading all of these posts. I think I may join another forum should I need anymore advise. Thanks ladies and gentlemen.

If you want to depend on MD's to do proper calculations all the time then you might as well kill your patient. MD's make math mistakes too. I work in an ER and have to do EMERGENT math calculations all he time without pumps or MD's to help me. PRACTICE.PRACTICE.PRACTICE. Do math calculations until you can do them in your sleep. Nobody is responsible for your mistake except you! You cannot blame the MD or the pharmacist if you push the wrong amount. Kiss your license goodbye. Become knowledgable and confident in your math and calculations and it will become like second nature and you will be respected.

51 months ago

HI, in response to RN's being required to do math calculations. Yes, that is definitely a requirement of all RN's and surely, LPN's too. LPN's are required to give medications also. I also took the MA course and graduated last Sept. and we did calculations. You would not believe how many MA students could not do the math calculations. ONe student I tried to help and I put the problem on the board, set the problem up and she stated, "On my God, this is algebra. I can't do Algebra." I told her there was only one thing she had to learn and she just started crying. Would not even listen. It was so sad. She kept rambling on about how it was Algebra and she had never been good at it. I tried to tell her a few things: First of all, that was a long time ago. Second, back then you had no idea what good was it going to do you so maybe your attitude was bad Third: You do not have to learn a whole book of calculations. Just one at this point. Fourth: maybe you had a lousy teacher. I have seen them. And I tried to tell her to listen just this once and do as I say. I had taught several students who had not been good at math. Matter of fact, they had always failed it but when I got them, it was a totally different picture. One mother could not believe how her son turned around. I do not have a degree but they ended up hiring a math instructor with a Master's degree and came to me and asked me what in the world had I done; How had I turned them around. I am not really sure, but we had fun. And there were times when a student did really well, I had them teach a concept. You would be surprised how their confidence shot up. They were asked to teach. WOW!! was that different. And they became very good teachers.
Some students will listen to fellow students before their instructors. But the schools continue to pass students when they are unable to calculate dosages. How can this be?

51 months ago

itcocoa in Tampa, Florida said: You people need to stop being so negative because you are an RN. Yu dont n rtio and propotions to give med so stop it. I am an lpn dont be judgmental to make yourself feel biger. I work hospital too.

You are right! Some of the Math that is on the entrance test are not used except for Fractions,decimals, ratio and proportion are. If you can't pass the entrance test especially in these areas; your chances of being a nurse is null until you pass it.

As a nurse do you agree. No... we don't test on the Apothecary on an entrance test either, but once you are in class you will learn it. We don't use the dram in real settings, but you will in class. It is best to learn and be safe than to just get buy. Would you allow a nurse who just got buy to take care of you? This is all I meant.

I would never discourage anyone form their dream of becoming a Nurse. Please help me out and be the voice that others need to overcome their math fears "itcocoa in Tampa".

Robert in Shrewsbury, New Jersey

49 months ago

This question is for any one who may know the answer. I was enrolled in a BSN nursing program. I never got through the program but did take pediatrics, intro to nursing practice, pharmacology, anatomy 1 and 2, and maternity clinicals. I also took drug calculation examinations. Am I elgible to take the NCLEX-PN for LPN licensure???

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York

48 months ago

Lacey2 in oneida, New York said: Jennifer, check out continuing education programs like Boces for LPN program. They require a 10th grade math level and offer free refresher courses. Most community colleges will make you take a Mat 100 course (non credit) to get you up to speed. I would suggest RN school rather than LPN. I am an LPN and now in school for RN due to the limits on what LPN's can do and go with their career. Good luck

Where are you going to school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Bibi from Orlando, FL in Ocoee, Florida said: First of all I am new to this site. When I was in High School I attended a work study program at a Hospital. I was so inspired by this nure and since then I wanted to become one nurse. My intention is to start out with LPN. I would like to know the following: -
1. Lpn program in the Orlando area.
2. Is it hard to get in to program.
3. Starting salary or a lpn
4. When I get my license can I work in NY with a FL license.

Thank you all in advance

First of all , move back home NYC ROCKS, and you know it. OK, is there a BOCES near to you, try them, other wise, you know the deal, i can hook you up with something i just heard about, send me a private email not sure how that works, or post your email address

48 months ago

Robert in Shrewsbury, New Jersey said: This question is for any one who may know the answer. I was enrolled in a BSN nursing program. I never got through the program but did take pediatrics, intro to nursing practice, pharmacology, anatomy 1 and 2, and maternity clinicals. I also took drug calculation examinations. Am I elgible to take the NCLEX-PN for LPN licensure???

HMM!!!! i believe so, but jersey schools some of them are funny, did they tell you that you can take it, you will need some kind of transcript, call your BOARD OF NURSING. What about a distance learning program, you will get credit when you apply, send me an email

48 months ago

JHR in Oneonta, New York said: If you want to depend on MD's to do proper calculations all the time then you might as well kill your patient. MD's make math mistakes too. I work in an ER and have to do EMERGENT math calculations all he time without pumps or MD's to help me. PRACTICE.PRACTICE.PRACTICE. Do math calculations until you can do them in your sleep. Nobody is responsible for your mistake except you! You cannot blame the MD or the pharmacist if you push the wrong amount. Kiss your license goodbye. Become knowledgable and confident in your math and calculations and it will become like second nature and you will be respected.

This is what i now understand when someone wrote, WHY DO NURSES KILL THEIR YOUNG, i cannot believe that, that is not a caring comment, noone comes out of their mother's womb knowing everything. The response should have been one of encouragement, resources etc. HONEY i am so sorry for that rude post to you, do not give up on this forum, they did ask us to be polite, that should have been strucked off the post, before it reached you. Send me a private email, would be happy to help.

48 months ago

Suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana said: I have 2 assoc degrees, 1 as a med lab tech (1984) and 1 as a dental hygienist (1995). I have been on unemployment for a year and want to go into the lpn program at our community college in Indiana. I had to take a compass test today found out I am going to have to take an algebra class, then once that's passed, retake anatomy 1&2 which puts me in the fall 2011 to apply for acceptance to the program. Is this normally the way things are done? I thought some of my credits would transfer, say the psych and speech at least since I have the 2 degrees. I am basically starting over and would appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Go with distance learning, your credits will be accepted, and life will be wonderful

sorry

48 months ago

punix0583 in Horseheads, New York said: First of all , move back home NYC ROCKS, and you know it. OK, is there a BOCES near to you, try them, other wise, you know the deal, i can hook you up with something i just heard about, send me a private email not sure how that works, or post your email address

First of all NYC ROCKS is not for everybody..Think once we move from NY and live somewhere else you are afraid to move back to NY. The course of living is tooooooooo high.. What I have I would never ever be able to afford it in NY. Second, BOCES is a program only up north. For Bibi try Galen College for your LPN and they also have the RN program.Florida have so many programs that are much easier to get into then any other state.Third no Bibi you can not use your Fl.license to work in NY the two states are not a compact state...As a nurse myself Bibi I would tell you to try this nursing website call Allnurses.com you can get all the answers you want.....from any state that you want...Good Luck...and do remember that NYC ROCKS...but for the cost of living there it stinks...I am from NY myself......

48 months ago

Hi,
You think some of your credits would transfer? I hear alot of them not transferring. I wonder if that is because they want you to take the classes because they need the money. Remember, whatever classes you "skip", that is the money they do not get. I would appeal their decision and make them give me a good reason for not transferring the credits. It's like insurance companies. They deny alot of claims until people come back at them and ask why or complain. These days I am afraid people see what they can get away with. Hope people are ignorant and won't fight back and there are people who do not. Good luck and God bless.

48 months ago

I went to Florida Hospital in Orlando to take my LPN. It was a very reasonable price at the time and a terrific program. They care about who gets in.
Good luck to you and God bless.

48 months ago

Is there any where else other than Erwin Tech and Brewster Tech that offer the LPN course in Tampa, FL. Of course I am looking for somewhere that is accredited and is recognized by the Board of Nursing.

48 months ago

I have lived in NYC back in the 80s, i now live in the state of NY, one hr. down from albany, anyone wants to know you can get endorsed, was just giving my opinion. I know an outfit that hopefully soon will be associated with, that is great anyone wants to find out about it, similar to EC send me an email.

gogo in Dallas, Texas

47 months ago

If you are looking for a LPN Program in New York area VEEB in Uniondale NY.
Just google VEEB LPN School, it's in Long Island.

srub85 in Houston, Texas

45 months ago

• 1 year Program
• No Waiting List

Nichole Maddox

Pls. email at my email adds at the forum. Scrub85

LisaC1212 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

45 months ago

email me please lisac1212@hotmail.com

45 months ago

To all who want to become Nurses. I understand this information is harsh. I do apologize, but do this for yourself. No one's experience will be your own. Nursing school is a very fasted paced experience, if your math skills aren't up to par and you have been out of school for a while, hopefully there are tutoring programs at your institution. TUTOR EVERY CHANCE YOU GET TO BRUSH UP.

You still can accomplish your dream. There are some facilities that will kick you out if you are not making progress to their liking, be prepared to learn the rules of the program before hand if possible. I am sorry if my latter entries offended anyone, that was not my intent. It's a great demand for Nurses and school are getting picky, it's a dog eat dog world. Be fearless and conquer!!!!

smjackson 5 in Westland, Michigan

45 months ago

Do any one know of any LPN To RN Programs In the Detroit Area?

althea in Bridgeport, Connecticut

45 months ago

Jenniffer Yan in Fairfield, Connecticut said: Hi everyone I Live in NY and I will like to know if anybody have any idea of a LPN or RN school. That doesn't require to take the admission test cause I'm really bad in math and there is no way i can pass that test.

sullivan county community college in loch sheldrake, new york

45 months ago

Send me a private email, i live in dutchess county and will be helping another student who also has problems with math.

anonymous in Rome, Georgia

43 months ago

• 1 year Program
• No Waiting List

Nichole Maddox

Is this program in ga

mimi in Fairfax, Virginia

41 months ago

Hi, everyone

I am looking for LPN programs online, if you know any please let me know.

Thank you.

jslinfla in Delray Beach, Florida

41 months ago

. I had taught several students who had not been good at math. Matter of fact, they had always failed it but when I got them, it was a totally different picture. One mother could not believe how her son turned around. I do not have a degree but they ended up hiring a math instructor with a Master's degree and came to me and asked me what in the world had I done; How had I turned them around. I am not really sure, but we had fun. And there were times when a student did really well, I had them teach a concept. You would be surprised how their confidence shot up. They were asked to teach. WOW!! was that different. And they became very good teachers. DonnaMusic

Sounds to me like you should be a math teacher Donna!

DonnaF in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

41 months ago

Hi,
If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone to college to be a teacher; one of math. I did not know that I was good at this until later. That particular even happened in 2005.. I was 52 years old then. I do not have the money to go back to school and I don't want students loans; not at my age. I would love to tutor more but parents want teachers for their kids who have degrees. They don't consider natural abilities. ( also known to me as God given talents/gifts) Don't you think it is funny that we have to teach others how to teach and consider that the way to go? I would love to have someone in the upper ranks come to the classroom and watch me teach and then tell me that I don't deserve to teach. Just let me take a test to prove that I know math and then come watch me with my kiddos having fun doing math.
thank you for listening...........

41 months ago

Don't you think it is funny that we have to teach others how to teach and consider that the way to go? I would love to have someone in the upper ranks come to the classroom and watch me teach and then tell me that I don't deserve to teach.-DonnaF

I know what you mean Donna. This is true at high school and junior high school levels. It takes away from the creativity of the teacher and thus, dumbs down the student. No wonder our education system is in the toilet.

I think at the college level the instructors are given more freedom as to how they feel the best presentation is to be delivred to the students.

Any teacher that would say you don't deserve to teach-it is that teacher's problem. Just because someone has the know-how does not mean he or she can teach it. Someone in the upper ranks like that also has his or her nose in the upper ranks if you know what I am saying.

I have said my peace. Time to get off my soapbox. :)

Thanks for listening.....................

41 months ago

I could not have said it better myself.............
Thank you for your understanding...

There used to be a "teacher" that lived across the street from me who had a master's degree in business and taught at the high school level. She could not even do her own income taxes and they were simple to do. Guess who did her taxes every year for her? LOL

41 months ago

I could not have said it better myself.............
Thank you for your understanding...

There used to be a "teacher" that lived across the street from me who had a master's degree in business and taught at the high school level. She could not even do her own income taxes and they were simple to do. Guess who did her taxes every year for her? LOL
==================================================================
You should have charged her for your services. LOL!
A master's in Business is not the same as hard math.

41 months ago

I agree that business is not math but.......these were the simple taxes, EZ 1040.
I filled in about 5 lines, not counting her address and SS#. She could have done that but that told me she was lazy, and I knew she was. Her children used to come over to my house all the time and they were filthy, dirty all the time, their house was as well, the kids were not put to bed at night, just allowed to fall asleep wherever and this teacher told me she had not washed her sheets on their beds for
"about two years". How was she in the classroom with other people's children? I would hate to guess. She was unable to control her own and they surely showed lack of care. Would you like you children to have her as a teacher?

WOW in Augusta, Kansas

41 months ago

I am shocked by what I have read......I mean seriously people, you want to become a nurse but you want to do it without knowing Math?!?!?!?!? I hope none of you ever work on me or my family......only the strong survive!!!!!!

41 months ago

Yes, you are absolutely right...........This is to all of you who want to be nurses, those of you who are wanting to apply to nursing school or have already and those who have started your nursing career.

You have to know how to do math. You have to be able to get all of the problems right. If you miss one, you can maim or kill the patient. Getting 99.99% of the problems right does not cut it. Please................ if you are not good at math, get a tutor. If you still are unable to do the math that a nursing job requires, please, please, please, do not be a nurse. And this also.....
knowing 7 out of your 10 skills does not cut it either. Oh Gee Doctor, well, I know how to do 7 of these but the other 3? Well, I just won't do those. I'll let someone else do those skills. OK? And I will be glad to take a cut in pay, let's say, just pay me seven dollars an hour instead of ten dollars an hour because I can do only 7 out of 10 required skills. Sorry, but that is the way I have seen some of these people act. They get into nursing school and then tell me, the instructor, what they are not going to do. "I am not going to wipe someone's butt." "WEll", I told her," I hope you don't ever get old and are unable to take care of yourself. That is part of our job; That is what we do.
We do what we have to do. Why are you in this program, I asked her? She stated that she found out she could make $30 an hour.

cmecin in Raleigh, North Carolina

40 months ago

MRZ.VA in Arlington, Virginia said: Fiarfax County Public school has their own LPN cousres...there about 4,000 dollers. Its a 2yr program...first yr. gets you ceritfied as CNA. 2nd yr you take your state exam for LPN and the second year you can also sign up for a scholarship program. I belive that as long as your a VA resident you can apply.I live in Arlington. After a couple of years as a LPN I plan to go to Northern Virginia Community College and take their LPNs Transitional to RN course. I know it would be better to go stray to RN( you can save time and money),but as for me I like taking steps. I'm going to NOVA colloge right now for Medical asisstants and the LPN cousre at fairfax for 18 moths just seems like a better procese for me!!! I'm rushing this...Gotta go to work...sorry for the mispelled words!!!

One thing I forgot to say...With the Fairfax county school program you have to take the first 9 months( gets you CNA prepared) inorder to do the 2nd 9months(get you prepared for and as a LPN) The only reason I'm adding this is because I'm already a CNA and I was blessed to be in a program that payed for it for me...And here in Arlington it cost $650 to take CNA course.So back to topic. Even if your already a CNA you still have to take the first part of the program...

Wow MR VA, I just completed an 11 month course for LPN at Southside VA Community College in Alberta VA, it went by very quickly and after 1st semester you were able to test out as CNA I. You may want to look into something a little shorter.

lastdaysgunslinger in Newville, Pennsylvania

35 months ago

Wow this stuff is difficult when you have been out of school for 20 years lol. i am getting ready to take the placement test for LPN and man the math really does suck, I understand they want a well rounded nurse when certified but someone please tell me why a person administering meds needs to now what 4w+3x-18(w/x)= means.
I fully agree nurses need to know measurements but why the rest of this garbage ill never know. I guess those of us that arent full on with the math might never get to become an excellent care giver.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.