Starting out as a LPN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (451 to 465 of 465)
Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10   

Hector Feliciano in New Castle, Delaware

14 months ago

Amy said: Hello everyone, I just graduated nursing school in March and am awaiting to take my boards but my concern is that there are not as many LPN positions available as our instructors kept telling us there was and I don't forsee it being easy to attain a job in the field. Can anyone give me some valuable advise.

Thanks

Keep looking things are looking great for the professional LPN, in fact it gets better every day. Come join us on our free Network for LPN's www.lpnsocial.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hector Feliciano in New Castle, Delaware

14 months ago

Kathy in Warwick, Rhode Island said: I'm sorry you are having such a bad experience with the staff you're working with. The CNAs should be showing you respect, but they are probably jealous- and probably know you're fairly new to the healthcare field, so they're mean and trying to take advantage. I went back to school in my 40's to become an LPN. I returned to school in January and am working towards my RN. My advice to you is to speak with your supervisor- tell him/her you love working with the patients but are having trouble with the staff. I wouldn't name names- keep it general - and if it's happening to other LPNs as well- say so. If nothing changes- I would take the CNA aside and ask her what can you do to make things work better between the 2 of you at work. (try to put a positive spin on it) You don't deserve to be treated that way. See if she is receptive. If everything fails, I would look for another nursing home to work at, or for an agency doing homecare, etc. Good Luck!!

I totally agree, CNA's are not Nurses, you Are!!! The work under the supervision of a Professional Nurse "LPN" Come join us and share your concerns ate our new site for LPN's www.lpnsocial.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cold in Chagrin Falls, Ohio

8 months ago

Nadia in Cleveland, Ohio said: My point exactly!!! How does one get the opportunity to gain the experience if their not given the chance to even get their foot in the door as a new LPN grad. I have just recently obtained my license as an LPN, in Cleveland Ohio when before then, I worked as an STNA for 10+ years and had no problem finding a job. I have put in application after application, and attended many job fairs. I'm still actively seeking my opportunity to just be offered employment as a NEW GRAD. Mind you if I was the one doing the hiring , I would look strongly to those who have previous experience as an STNA......for most of them, turn out to be the best nurses. I would also highly consider those who went as far as to complete nursing school....Because It's not easy. GOOD LUCK !!!.to every nurse seeking and every nurse actively working.

Did you find a job as an LPN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeronica in Winter Haven, Florida

7 months ago

Do you mind me asking which agency?

anna in Port Orange, Florida said: As a seasoned LPN I am currently working under a contract at a small community 113 bed hospital .The paid rate is $30.00 per hr and at the end of 13 weeks if you don't call off they(the hospital ) pay a bonus of $5.00 for every hr. worked during the 13 wk. period. I have worked agency, float pool in house, private duty, nursing homes, icu, pcu,ortho, blah blah blah. Anyway my point is ...go everyplace you can. Each new area strengthens your skills and makes you more valuable to your patients and employers And it gives you a true sense of title vs knowledge . I work three 12 hr shifts a week= $2,160 every 2 wks plus a bonus of a minimum of $2,340 every 13 weeks. Or I could take a float pool position with them for $26.00 per hr and be part of their staff and still make more or at least as muck as a R.N. --get your A.C.L.S. and that also helps to get icu positions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ROBIN in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

6 months ago

Chocolate "BUSA rider" in Orlando, Florida said: Hello.
I have been an LPN for over 7 years. I live in WPB,FL. I have had positions in ALF as a staff nurse and the Administrator . You can find employment if you market yourself accordingly. Going for your LPN depends on the State you live in. Some places hire more LPNs than RNs. We are trained to think critically,so do your critical research and make a sound decision on what to do. Nothing comes easy- remember? I am completing my BA in Healthcare Administration (4/2012) online, then I will apply to Academy for Practical Nursing to complete my RN degree in 1 year. You can succeed this if and only if you have your LPN license. No one should disgrace an LPN degree or certificate, because doors are opening for us to futher our education if we want to. I have had a lucrative career as an Administrator for several Assistant Living Facilities (ALFs) making $50 and hour (bonuses included). I am also CORE state licensed, which helped me acquire those positions. Make a decision and work very hard to achieve it- it will not be easy, but it will be worth it. Good Luck.

Hi. I just graduated LPN school and passed my State test and got my LPN license. I am in the WPB area also. Can you name any schools to get extra certifications or any places that hire LPNs fresh out of school. Any suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ROBIN in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

6 months ago

Hi. I just graduated LPN school and passed my State test and got my LPN license. I am in the WPB area also. Can you name any schools to get extra certifications or any places that hire LPNs fresh out of school. Any suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure if I put this in the right place so sorry if it is double?

Thanks.

Robin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patti in Malvern, Arkansas

5 months ago

anna in Port Orange, Florida said: As a seasoned LPN I am currently working under a contract at a small community 113 bed hospital .The paid rate is $30.00 per hr and at the end of 13 weeks if you don't call off they(the hospital ) pay a bonus of $5.00 for every hr. worked during the 13 wk. period. I have worked agency, float pool in house, private duty, nursing homes, icu, pcu,ortho, blah blah blah. Anyway my point is ...go everyplace you can. Each new area strengthens your skills and makes you more valuable to your patients and employers And it gives you a true sense of title vs knowledge . I work three 12 hr shifts a week= $2,160 every 2 wks plus a bonus of a minimum of $2,340 every 13 weeks. Or I could take a float pool position with them for $26.00 per hr and be part of their staff and still make more or at least as muck as a R.N. --get your A.C.L.S. and that also helps to get icu positions

What company are you contracted with??!!??

Ankh LPN in Hartford, Connecticut

5 months ago

I feel an arsenal of ambivalent emotions right now;being that I just became an LPN. Its really encourages me and gives me something to look forward to, on the one hand and on the other, well I don't know if it's because I don't have enough experience in the health care field, or if I put my license number down in the wrong format...either way reading what some of you have written, makes me wonder how long it'll be before I obtain a position. I only just officially received my LPN license in the mail this week, after taking my test in November, but I started putting in applications since like two weeks after taking the test and receiving my quick results. OK I'm going to just come out and ask: what's the best way to go about this job search process? I've sent out a ton of online applications,dropped off like like seven hand written ones with cover letter, resume, and recommendation letters and all that good stuff...but so far I've only gotten one interview and was sure I would get hired, but it's been weeks and still no call back. What would you recommend? HELP?!

tallhld@gmail in Brooklyn, New York

5 months ago

what company is it that you are receiving 30.00 an hr ---i am interested--tallhld@gmail.com

JessB in Bronx, New York

5 months ago

Hello Anna, I'd like to know which hospital is it that employed you for the contract and where is it located. That is a great salary, almost as much as an rn. Please email details thanks. P.s I kno this is a really old post but I'm hoping someone still has info that can help out.

nana in Salem, Massachusetts

5 months ago

I want to move back home to florida. I am a cna now (have been one for the last 6 years) and want to go on to be a lpn now. Any one know of any schools that have a a good and cheap cna to lpn "bridge" program? Anyone know of any hospitals that will pay for my training to be a lpn for time worked???? Anywhere in florida...........????

nana in Salem, Massachusetts

5 months ago

df

monica in Portage, Wisconsin

3 months ago

I have applied all over around here...I have tried finding a lpn job for 4years...finally listings around here but all want experiemce...how van I get experience if no one hires...I had to work at a fast food joint then I saw a add for resident assistant...got the job big deal love caring for clients but I'm not doing it under my license and I do pass neds some woumd care count narcs and am on my own on noc...but under resident assistant title and I'm only gettin paid 9.50 an hour...just got a phone interview earlier today was very short don't kno whay they were looking for...said if they r interested because they have other applcants too they will call for second interview.I sont kno what to do pulling hair out at the moment...

Diane in Accokeek, Maryland

3 months ago

I am a nurse and have been for more than 15 yrs. I was working for a clinic in Washington, DC and urgent care clinic. I was running the clinic for apprx 2 1/2 yrs or more. I did treatments, called ambulance for pts to be trfd to hospital, started IVs, enter information into pts charts. I ran the clinic since the RN left and the clinic didnt hire another RN until recently. Once she came into the clinic, nothing I did was correct. Per her comments I had no idea what I was doing or why I was doing it! In the end I was pushed out of my position!The MA's I worked with did not want to work with this RN, she was very ugly and underhanded! No matter what I did she complained! She came from another clinic within the facility, but there is a mystery as to why she left that clinic. What bothered me the most was, here I was running the clinic and they bring in the RN who appeared to be threaten by me and running the clinic so she did everything she could to get rid of me. I just heard that she fired an MA within the last week since the doctor was asking where was his pt, who was in the bathroom. To me that is not a reason to fire someone. This RN seems to be threaten by anyone who knows more or who is confident with themselves. Her only comments each day was wondering when her boyfriend was going to ask her to marry him. She is not a team player and doesnt assist the MA's that are there. I really liked this job and had been at this job for apprx 3-4 yrs, now I have to start all over. If you have confidence in yourself, no matter what your position is, there is never a reason to treat people the way I was treated! Nothing good comes to the ugly person!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Diane in Accokeek, Maryland

3 months ago

In case I forgot to mention my title I am a Licensed Practical Nurse.

Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.