Wages inOKC, Galveston, Tx, and Tampa, Fl.

Comments (51 to 82 of 82)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

sorry

80 months ago

Deborah Bwayili in Loganville, Georgia said: The pay in Georgia is not great,it is from 14-18 an hour

Thank you for the reply. Is this rate for nurses with over 10 years of exp.? Is this for LTC or hospitals? How is the schooling for LPN-RN programs there?

admin4020 in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

Need help in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Hi, I have been a resident of OKC, Ok. for 2 years, and I don't believe that I am being paid a fair wage. I have been LPN for almost 15 years. My pay rate here has not been above $16.50 a hour. Per mangagement this is a competative wage. I would like to know from a fellow Okie or anyone else who might know is this true. Also I am thinking about relocating to Galveston, Texas or Tampa Florida. Could someone please tell me the wages for LPN's there? I would really appreciate the help.

I am a nursing home adminitrator in gainesville, texas and my average nursing wage for LVN is 20.66.

Carol in Gonvick, Minnesota

79 months ago

I have worked for a facility in northern MN for 18 yrs, been an LPN for 16 of those years. I work strictly day shift and on call every 3rd weekend. Currently making 20.65/hr.

Joani in Winter Haven, Florida

78 months ago

sorry said: Do anybody out there know the pay rate for ATL,GA for a LPN with over 14 years of exp? Also of any LPN-RN programs?

Thanks

Hi there,
I have just moved to Winter Haven, Fl from Marietta, Ga. I have been an LPN for 14 years. 8 years ago I found working in the snf's too depressing so went into assisted living. I have worked for 3 different corporations as a Resident Care Director/ Resident Care Coordinator. I was making approximately $22.00 an hour, based on a 40 hour work week. In reality, you can not do this job for any of the companies that I have worked for in 40 hours a week. You have too many job responsibilities, plus, you are on call 24/7. You wear many, many different "hats". D.O.N., staff developement, staff training/inservice hours. You descipline as well as hire and fire staff. Many mandatory reports, as in administrative type work. In addition, you are to ensure that all of the residents get medical attention when necessary. Move-in assessments, quarterly assessments, fall assessments, pain management assessments due quarterly as well as coordination of care summaries on each resident every month. For the hours that one puts in, in one of these positions, to do the job, I have probably been making about $10.00 an hour. SNF's in the Marietta Georgia area pay LPN's no matter how many years of experience between 16-17 dollars an hour. I have not begun to look for a job yet in winter haven, florida, but do know that I am not interested in working for an assisted living community/corporation, but will most likely apply for a position in a snf here, and am hoping that I can get hired in at no less then 16 an hour, 20 would be wonderful, but I'm afraid I will find the average wage here to be around 16 an hour. If anyone reading this has any suggestions for me in my job seeking, please email me at jbill1818@yahoo.com. Joani

Sean in Trinity, North Carolina

77 months ago

Need help in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Hi, I have been a resident of OKC, Ok. for 2 years, and I don't believe that I am being paid a fair wage. I have been LPN for almost 15 years. My pay rate here has not been above $16.50 a hour. Per mangagement this is a competative wage. I would like to know from a fellow Okie or anyone else who might know is this true. Also I am thinking about relocating to Galveston, Texas or Tampa Florida. Could someone please tell me the wages for LPN's there? I would really appreciate the help.

WOW THESE PAY RATES ARE PATHETIC, IM SORRY TO HEAR THIS STUFF. WE SHOULD ALL JUST BE EXTREMELY LAZY AND UNMOTIVATED AT WORK, PERHAPS THEYLL GET THE POINT! DONT FEEL BAD IM IN N.C., LPN MAKING 14.00 PER HR., CANT PAY MY BILLS. YOU DONT WANNA COME HERE FOR MORE MONEY!

Long Tran in Chesapeake, Virginia

76 months ago

Base pay is 15.34 with two years experience. $3/hr with evening or night shift. I live in Chespeake VA.

cj in Washington, District of Columbia

76 months ago

I make 21/hr in DC and in Bethesda at Navy medical I make 26 also in Baltiomre I make 26/hr. If you are looking to make more try an agency they always pay more Pediatric services of America is an excellent agency they pay per case its special needs children and they pay mileage this was my first job and they paid me 25/hr plus mileage.

new york in Shokan, New York

76 months ago

I would like to know the average pay for LPN's in the Texas area around Houston

mc in Newark, California

76 months ago

Does anyone knows a Pharmacy here in San Jose,Ca.who are in need of certified pharmacy technician?

Beth in Sacramento, California

76 months ago

I'm an LVN (same as LPN) in CA, 16 years of experience in SNF's. I'm in the foothills north of Sacramento and currently earn $27/hr on the pm shift. I'm planning to relocate closer to family near Savannah, GA. Anybody have any info on wages in and within an hour of Savannah. I'd love some input!

Sandy in Naples, Florida

76 months ago

Need help in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Thanks, Christi in Pennsylvia for that information. Does anyone else have any wages for me? I really need them for Oklahoma City, Galveston Texas, and Tampa Florida; but any other city or state is appreciated.

Naples FLorida pays $21 @ most assisted livings or care centers, though hospitals are cutting qown on LPN's. (They pay less too.)
I'm assuming Tampa pays decent as well, after all Florida is a retirement state. Winter is the best time to find a job placemet.

Barbara in Crescent City, California

75 months ago

I make 27.66 as an LVN with 18 years acute experience

sorry

75 months ago

Do anybody know the base rate for LPN in columbia,sc?or the rate for 10 years of exp. in long tern care and skill?

niecee44@yahoo.com in Hyattsville, Maryland

75 months ago

Susan in Seneca, South Carolina said: I have lived in Orlando,FL. for six years and I have been an LPN for 16 years. I haven't been able to get a wage above $16.00/hr. I left a job in Springfield, Mass. Making $24.00/hr. day shift in 2003. I'm sure their making more now. If a fare wage is what your looking for, you won't find it in Florida! Hope this helps.
Susan

do they have nursing agencies in florida? if they do that may be your best bet for makin more money. pa starts there agency lpn at $28 an hour

purplekandie38 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

75 months ago

I am a nurse in OkC and have been for 9 years and I make 18.07 base pay, 21.50 after diff.

purplekandie38 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

75 months ago

I am a nurse in OkC and have been for 9 years and I make 18.07 base pay, 21.50 after diff.

Need Help in Edmond, Oklahoma

75 months ago

thank's for the info. Do you work ltc, acute care, hh, or agency.

Dina in Thunder Bay, Ontario

74 months ago

Hi, Im a Canadian RPN looking to Write my LVN for Texas, I plan on moveing to Austin - Leander area this year fall 2009. Iv'e been an RPN for 16yrs in accute care and hospice care setting. Just wondering what the hourly wages are like in Austin /Leander Texas . In Canada I make 26.00/hr but we get at least a third of that taken with taxes.\
Thanks a bunch!

Surviving in Frisco, California

70 months ago

Deborah Bwayili in Loganville, Georgia said: The pay in Georgia is not great,it is from 14-18 an hour

I have a friend there and that's been her experience.

Tracy84 in Pekin, Illinois

69 months ago

I live in Illinois, LPN's roughly make 19-21 dollar's an hour just out of school. It's more if they base it on experience, but the hospitals have phased out LPN's. So LTC, Doctor's offices, Hospice, Industrial Clinics, is what we got up here.Hope this helps!!

jd in Lithia, Florida

66 months ago

I am graduating from lpn school soon, does anyone know where i can get a gpn job in tampa fl. Thats when I work aside a nurse until i take my state board exam.

Lisatgb2000@yahoo.com in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

Wow..this is awful, i have been reading this and i think some of you need to re-negotiate your pay or try to get a job elsewhere. I was an iv technician for many years and i made to start $ 14. /hr- ending $ 18.50 hr
Good Luck, all !

BM in Port Jefferson, New York

65 months ago

Need help in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Thanks, Linda in Arkansas. Does anyone else have any city or state wages for me? Thanks.

29.00/hr on LI but sux here

lielite in Newark, New Jersey

62 months ago

ANYONE KNOW HOW IS THE OBAMA HEALTHCARE REFORM GOING TO AFFECT LPN& NURSING JOBS/ SALARIES, AND EMPLOYERS BENIFIT PLANS??THANK YOU

Missyjean in Hershey, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Beth in Sacramento, California said: I'm an LVN (same as LPN) in CA, 16 years of experience in SNF's. I'm in the foothills north of Sacramento and currently earn $27/hr on the pm shift. I'm planning to relocate closer to family near Savannah, GA. Anybody have any info on wages in and within an hour of Savannah. I'd love some input!

You will have a rude awakening in GA. My mom is a DON down there, and the nurses arent paid much at all! BUT the price of living is a STEAL!So it evens out. Good Luck to you

tbrime in Columbus, Ohio

60 months ago

Need help in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Thanks, Linda in Arkansas. Does anyone else have any city or state wages for me? Thanks.

hi I live in columbus ohio my first job as an LPN I got started off making 19.50

tbrime in Columbus, Ohio

60 months ago

I'm thinking of moving to flordia Jacksonville, Tampa I have 2years of LPN eperience how much do they pay their LPN? How is the cost of living? I really could not see myself working for less then 19.00hr

gigirn in Tampa, Florida

44 months ago

James in Friday Harbor, Washington said: I started as an LPN 4 years ago in AL. At that time in a hospital, I made 11.75/hr. Its funny how there, the RNs acted as if you were uneducated. I mean, they only have to go to school for 2 years. Niether LPNs or RNs are highly educated. It doesnt seem to me that having 1 more year of courses would make some one too much more intelligent. Anyway, since then I have mad 22/hr in AZ and 26/hr in WA as an LPN. In AZ your considered high class with that wage. RNs in AL only started out at 20 or so. Here in WA in a town full of rich people, they think your poor at 26/hr. Go figure. Does anyone know what an LPN can make in southern CO?

I think the schooling for one more year does make a difference, not only for the patients also in grammer. Perfect example in this paragraph.

Back2ER in Tampa, Florida

44 months ago

Does anyone know the avg hourly rate for an ER RN in Florida? I've been a RN for 10 years, 8 in the ER/ICU (up north), and the last 2 in case mgmt since moving to Florida. I have no idea what the rates are since case mgmt is salaried.

Debra in Apopka, Florida

41 months ago

Need Help in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Thanks, Kathy in Warwick, Rhode Island. I appreciate your help. I think I'm leaning more towards Tampa, Florida area. I don't like the cold. So if any lpn's in the Tampa/St. Petes/Clearwater area uses this site. Could you please give me information on the wages for lpn's in this area? The best of luck to you also, Kathy and the rest of our hard working nursing professionals.

Do not move to Tampa.............or Florida...period...you will be so sorry. There have been many a person that have lost everything moving to this state............and left pennyless....going home. I also am a LPN.....and I worked in Tampa,about 7years ago...I think I made about 17.00/hr, but I'm sure that's increased. The problem is, the cost of living in Florida has increased.....15 years ago, when I came to Florida...thinking every thing was going to be hunky-dorry..I had no clue! I thought I would transfer,make the same pay..after being a nurse for 20years,a Supervisor for 3 years, I was offered $10...she, the DON, talked to the admin. and got it up to $12. I'm from Mass....I made good money, always had a savings acct.,always had money to live comfortably. It cost so much to live here, you can never get ahead. I've never seen such poverty.80year olds bagging groceries or at the register, having to supplement their SS, the homeless....and that was 15 years ago. If I were you, find out the salary in every state (North,South Carolina)and with your RN--your going to be just fine. Do your homework(not like me)and ask alot of questions!!!!Good luck, Sarah...Debra

Lpn-rn in Columbus, Ohio

41 months ago

purplekandie38 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I am a nurse in OkC and have been for 9 years and I make 18.07 base pay, 21.50 after diff.

Hi, what do you make now and are you a lpn or rn? I am a new rn and I am thinking about moving back to okc this year. I have been a lpn for 17 years. What is the starting pay for new rn. Thanks, and goods luck.

LPN_Cincinnati in Cincinnati, Ohio

35 months ago

I am a new grad LPN and recently aquired my first postion. I make $20/hr + .50 noc shift diff. I will be making $21 by the end of my first year. I am considering relocation to FL. Can anyone help me out on wages in the PCB, Miami, Tampa/Clearwater, & Naples areas. Thank you : )

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.