Where can you get IV certification or training?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 58 of 58)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Reneern1 in New Castle, Delaware

32 months ago

sweetcitygirl in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: At this moment Philadelphia is the closest place for you. Sorry, but at $200-$225, it is worth the travel. Most people charge around $600 or even more. If you can swing the transport (check greyhound)if you don't want to add mileage to your car and see if you can get there that way, Good Luck!!

Where at in philadelphia is the iv certification class?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sleepingugly2 in Mandeville, Louisiana

31 months ago

Back in the mid 1980s took college courses toward a BSN. My fear was not passing my third chemistry course. Didn't want to take a chance of dropping my GPA under 3.2 . I deceived to go to The Big Hospital school of nursing in New Orleans. It was a great experience.Did well until my very last semester. Past my last clinical,did not pass the last theory course. Went on to work in a small psch hospital as a lab manager & phelbotomist. In the early 1990s the kind state of Ms offered a pilot program. You had to have so many semester hours in an accepted RN program after interviews, transcripts etc the state board of nursing allowed me to take Ms LPN boards. I passed I'm happy to say. I have always been thankful for that opportunity and to the Ms.state board of nursing. In my home state of La I cannot get licensed as a LPN because I didn't graduate from a LPN school. I had more nursing college courses and more clinical and theory semester hours than that was needed for an associate degree,that I did pass. Did have a great job in Ms. The clinic where I worked closed several years ago.I now need to return to work.To better my chances of getting a job in that area I need to be iv certified in Ms. How do I go about that ? Thanks

IV Nurse in Troup, Texas

31 months ago

I would call and talk to your state board. I spoke to a very nice lady at the LA Board for LPN's because I needed some clarification on their "IV Certification" stance. She was very nice and very helpful. You have a very odd set of circumstances and I would want to get the requirements straight from them. It is my understanding that they require 40 hours of didactic and clinical hours (or something close to that- going off memory here) but since a certain date (1994-maybe) that is all taught within the LPN curriculum within the colleges. So again- I think the best thing for you to do is get their requirements- EVERY state board has different requirements.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sleepingugly2 in Mandeville, Louisiana

31 months ago

To IV Nurse in Texas, thank for replying . I will give it a try

Richard in Van Nuys, California

30 months ago

The best place to find recognized providers is through your State's BRN and BVNPT for IV Therapy. If a class is offered by a business, it usually accommodates both RNs and LVNs. In California, Genesis Medical Education Consultants offers the IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal course for $250.00, which is under the $300.00-$360.00 average. If you cannot find a provider in your State, if you travel out of State to take the class, make sure you check with your governing body that the course will be recognized for either certification and/or Continuing Education Hours. Some states vary when it comes to scope of practice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

You do not have to take the class in the State you are licensed in, but you should check with your governing body to make sure that the provider you do take the class with is both recognized by the BVNPT or BRN in whatever state they are in, as well as accepted by your State's BRN or BVNPT. At Genesis Medical Education Consultants, we have many students come from out of state across the nation, and the certification and Continuing Education Hours they receive here are almost universally accepted by every other State. New York is the only place where a few extra hours are needed to cover additional scope of practice their Nurses have. If you do travel a long distance, make sure to ask for a travel discount!

30 months ago

Genesis Medical Education Consultants offers a weekend course that certifies in both IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal, and provides Continuing Education Hours toward license renewal. Since it is a California class, these certifications and CEHs are accepted by almost every other State. A student should check with their governing body before taking an out of state class, just to make sure. Info can be found at www.GenesisMEC.com

IV Nurse in Troup, Texas

30 months ago

There are many states that require state board approved IV education for LPN's and LVN that want to practice IV therapy in that state. So there are actually many states that would not recognize a California approved course. The states that require Board Approved IV education are California, Colorado, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wyoming. Richard is right you should check your state Board of Nursing website and review the Scope Of Practice for your state and the states that require board approved education, list approved providers. Here is a link to assist you in your search.
www.pedagogyeducation.com/Infusion-Campus/Resource-Library/General/State-Boards-of-Nursing.aspx

Follow the link then click on your state for more information.

Please remember legislation changes frequently and without notice-, so it is always a good idea to independently verify that no changes have been made in your state since the postings on this site.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.