challenging the boards for PPN

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

w.g. cooper in Colorado Springs, Colorado

85 months ago

I am currently working as a nursing assistant at a local hospital.. i would like to challenge the boards for LPN. Where and when can I do this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Almadelia Castanon in Oxnard, California

79 months ago

I have worked as a nurse assistant for about 3 years and I currently do dialysis and have been doing dialysis for about 7 years. I am a medical assistant as well. I am certified as a phlebotomist and i have completed one year of the nursing program. actually i had to withdraw 6 weeks ago due to a family emergency. Therefore, I'm wondering if I can challenge the boards to become a LVN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

oho in Brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

Almadelia Castanon in Oxnard, California said: I have worked as a nurse assistant for about 3 years and I currently do dialysis and have been doing dialysis for about 7 years. I am a medical assistant as well. I am certified as a phlebotomist and i have completed one year of the nursing program. actually i had to withdraw 6 weeks ago due to a family emergency. Therefore, I'm wondering if I can challenge the boards to become a LVN?

You can not challenge the boards you are required to have certain amount of hours to even sit to take the boards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stephanie horton in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

76 months ago

i have been told that in georgia you can take the rn boards if you have more than a certain number of years in a speciality area is this true how do i find out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cynthia in Perry, Florida

76 months ago

w.g. cooper in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: I am currently working as a nursing assistant at a local hospital.. i would like to challenge the boards for LPN. Where and when can I do this?

I don,t think that you can challenge the boards, you have to have a certain amount of hours in different areas,as well as clinicals. now if you were in school for RN at a certain point while in school you can challenge the LPN boards.

candy smith in Baltimore, Maryland

76 months ago

I have been a LPN for 13 yrs, 6 of those were in the US Army. Would I be able to challenge the RN boards in any state? I have ICU, Med Surg, L&D, OR, PACU, and telemetry experience. Would this help any ?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.