education

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

searching in Roswell, Georgia

90 months ago

are there any LPN schools in tha atlanta ga area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tee in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

83 months ago

Are there any lpn schools in Georgia, the question is where are the RN schools in Georgia besides Georgia Perimeter College. Well, anyway you have Atlanta Technical College, Gwinnett Technical College ( in Lawrenceville), and Dekalb Technical College, Just google those school for the e-mail address.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LiLi in Lawrenceville, Georgia

83 months ago

I have yet to find any other RN schools besides GPC. By the way I'm originally from Milwaukee myself!!!!

Becca in Stockbridge, Georgia

65 months ago

Searching, you may have long ago found your answer, but if not, or for others that may wander by:

The Secretary of State oversees nurse licensing in Georgia.Here is a website for their approved LPN schools (most Technical Schools, including Gwinnett Technical College), the contact info and Pass/Fail rates is also on the document, updated July, 2009. North Metro Tech, in Acworth, may be a good place for you to begin looking. Always ask about financial aid, including grants, work study, etc.

sos.georgia.gov/acrobat/examboards/lpn/nursing_programs.pdf

FYI, Georgia Perimeter College does not prepare students for LPN, but for ADN or BSN as a Registered Nurse. LiLi, there are many, many other schools that do, including:

a GA Board approved school list (which includes Georgia State, Emory, North Georgia College) can be viewed at: sos.georgia.gov/plb/rn/RN_School%20Directory.pdf

I caution both of you and any others, to fully investigate online schools and/or view the following link carefully. Georgia is famous for declining licensure to educated persons whose chosen program did not meet the GA licensure requirements. However, in April 2009, the rules for nontraditional RN licensure application changed:
sos.georgia.gov/acrobat/PLB/38%20Instructions%20for%20Nontraditional%20Nursing%20Education%20Program%20Applicants.pdf

Good luck to you both, and to all who view this comment.

collegegirl2010 in Atlanta, Georgia

58 months ago

I attend Chattahoochee Tech. They are accredited and Im in the LPN program. The only drawback is that you have to complete all pre-reqs and its hard to get in. If you focus, you can make it. I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kes6020 in Marietta, Georgia

58 months ago

collegegirl2010 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I attend Chattahoochee Tech. They are accredited and Im in the LPN program. The only drawback is that you have to complete all pre-reqs and its hard to get in. If you focus, you can make it. I did.

I have been looking at your school, how long did it take you to finish your pre reqs?
After your pre reqs how do you get into the LPN program? Do you know anyone that has their LPN and if so what kind of job did they get Drs. office/hospital and what kind of hourly pay are they making? Thanks for your help.

starfish in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

collegegirl2010 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I attend Chattahoochee Tech. They are accredited and Im in the LPN program. The only drawback is that you have to complete all pre-reqs and its hard to get in. If you focus, you can make it. I did.

Hello! I'm applying to the ADN program at CTC. Can you tell me what you think of the school so far? classes? course load? I'm worried about CTC being really competetive for the new program? Can I ask your scores/grades??

ccan in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

Im also looking into the lpn program, can I ask your teas test scores/gpa? Also how long before they sent you a letter of acceptance? Thankyou

Darla in Atlanta, Georgia

56 months ago

Hello everyone, I know that Chattahoochee is very competitive and I recommend that you try your hardest for 4.0 gpa, I tell you because I had a 3.25 and in fall they only accepted gpa 3.75 and teas scores 78. They do allow you to retake your classes and calculate the highest score. As far as the teas, it is not easy if you haven't been in school for along time. So try to study hard on your math(alg,geo) and high school science & physics. I made it in for the Spring, I am excited. But to you all study, study, study, take it serious and you will succeed. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

irish in Mcdonough, Georgia

47 months ago

I have a M.Ed. in Community & Guidance Counseling, but I am considering changing careers and acquiring my LPN or RN degrees / licensure. I live 30 miles east of Atlanta, GA. I am requesting guidance on accredited programs for LPN degrees near Atlanta and/or east of Atlanta. And - how long does it take to complete LPN program? What kind of money can you expect to make? Thank you very much!

tlpn in Warner Robins, Georgia

46 months ago

I am looking for an online or classroom refresher course in Warner Robins Ga. I need 80 classroom hours. (lpn) I have found one online and it will cost about 1000.00 to take. Also, is there any kind of grant or loan out there to help with the costs? Thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.