Where to go to take a LPN exam? I am a MA and want to challenge the test.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 574)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

motherevee in Marquette, Michigan

68 months ago

janna57 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I find it hard to believe that a MA could challenge for LPN. MAs are trained for outpatient clinic jobs. LPNs are trained for more inpt. jobs. I have gone through the training for both and don't believe that a MA would be allowed to challenge the exam. In PA, I could not even challenge the LPN after going through most of my RN training program. I failed a course very close to the end of RN program. I was nine months away from graduating. I did transfer for advance placement to practical nursing program. I needed to graduate from a practical nursing school in order to get a license. So, I needed to attend school for twelve weeks. But, that is PA. In some states you are allowed to challenge LPN, after going through so much RN schooling.
A quick mention of the pharmacology topic - I had great training in my MA course. It was a degree program.
You may be able to challenge some classes that you had as MA. Also, you need so many clinical hrs. as LPN.

I have been an C-RMA for 20 years and have done it all and am currently working pharmacotherapy for a residential substance abuse tx facility. Very interested in looking to grandfather my experience into a LPN certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tsmith in Tallahassee, Florida

68 months ago

Hello, you can challagen the LPN test in Ca if you are a CNA with 5 yrs of different types of exp and a phar course.

Missa in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: I am going to school for MA and my teacher is a LPN. When speaking to advisers at the school, many people were told they could challenge the LPN course. My teacher called the board of nursing here and you CANNOT challenge the LPN test. LPNs can challenge the RN test once they completed certain working requirements (like you have to work for 5 years as an LPN -- I don't know how long it was) and taking the required prerequisites for the RN course.

There is a HUGE difference between MA and LPN and I highly doubt that any state would allow you to challenge the test. LPNs have to learn a lot more than we cover for becoming an MA. All the experience in the world as an MA will NOT get you to LPN without the course.

I wish I could skip the year and a half of school and just poof, magically become an LPN then RN to continue on to medical school, but I'm SOL there. You HAVE to do it!

If you doubt my word, try to google the number for your state's board of nursing and call them. They have ALL the information you need.

Also, if you work for a place that offers tuition reimbursement or will allow you to take the classes for free upon you promising to work for them for x years, it would make life much easier for you. This is what I hope to do.

As a CNA you couldn't even challenge the MA certification. CNA and LPN are a whole world of different.

My teacher personally went into great detail during our pharmacology course and taught us partially from his notes from when he was in school for LPN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bronxnynurse in Bronx, New York

68 months ago

Valerie H. in Washington, District of Columbia said: I am a Certified Nursing Assistant in Washington DC ,Medication Technician in Maryland and a National Certified Phlebotomist with an Associates Degree in Health Education and completed Fundamentals of Nursing at a University,can I challenge the LPN exam?

TRUST ME FUNDAMENTALS OF NURSING IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF NURSING. WHAT ABOUT MEDSURG AND CLINICAL HOURS AND YOUR PROFESSIONAL AWARENESS AND TRENDS IN NURSING. TRY DOING SOME PRACTICE BOARD QUESTIONS, SEE IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT AND SEE IF YOU KNOW THE MATERIAL. IF YOU KNOW THE MATERIAL, THEN GOOD FOR YOU, YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THE REST OF SCHOOL. OH AND I WAS A PHLEBOTOMIST AND CNA BEFORE BEING A NURSE, THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MATERIAL. YOU WILL SEE WHEN YOU START MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING 1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

68 months ago

motherevee in Marquette, Michigan said: I have been an C-RMA for 20 years and have done it all and am currently working pharmacotherapy for a residential substance abuse tx facility. Very interested in looking to grandfather my experience into a LPN certification.

The only state that allows applicants to "challenge" the LPN exam is California. There's not such thing as being grandfathered in as a LPN regardless of how much clinical experience you have. You have to go back and graduate from an approved nursing program to even be eligible to sit for the licensing (not certification) exam. Contact your state board of nursing to get the best info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

68 months ago

bronxnynurse in Bronx, New York said: LPN IS WAY MORE DETAILED THAN MA. MANY MA'S GET OFFENDED AND THINK THAT ITS THE SAME MATERIAL. ITS NOT. MOST PPLE GO INTO NURSING FOR THE MONEY AND THATS WHY THEY ARE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT THEY DO. TO BE AN LPN YOU NEED A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF CLINICAL HOURS APPROVED BY THE STATE BOARD OF NURSING. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND ALL BODY SYSTEMS, DISEASES, MEDICATIONS, NURSING ASSESSMENT AND INTERVENTIONS. YOU ARE AN ACTUAL NURSE AND HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THE STEPS OF THE NURSING PROCESS. LPNS ASSESS PATIENTS, MA'S DO NOT. THEY GIVE MEDS. MA'S ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO CAUSE ONLY A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO GIVE ANY FORM OF MEDICATION. DOCTORS ALLOW MA TO GIVE MEDS BECAUSE IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE TO HIRE A NURSE TO GIVE MEDS. IF THE STATE FINDS OUT THEN THAT DOCTOR WOULD BE IN ALOT OF TROUBLE.

Actually in some states such as Texas allow Certified Medication Aides to legally pass medications in nursing homes and assisted living facilities under the supervision of a licensed nurse. This is a very common practice where I live.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fatima Hamid in Woodbridge, Virginia

68 months ago

Need Advice,

I have been taking all the prerequisite classed such as Microbiology, Pharmacology, Psychology I&II for the Nursing program. Right now i started taking Medical Surgical I,II and Mental Health, Geriatric, Pediatric, Maternity. The only thing I need is taking the LPN Exam to get state license. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biology from George Mason University. Could you give me an advice. Please email me at fhamid 1958@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

STUDENTSRIGHTS@GOOGLE.COM in Hopedale, Massachusetts

68 months ago

Mei in Orange Park, Florida said: I also completed the MA program and almost all of the RN program. My husband was transferred out of state and financially I wasn't able to re-enroll here in
Florida. I would like to challenge the LPN here in Florida but don't know how to go about it.

GOOD LUCK! I SPENT ONE FULL YEAR IN LPN SCHOOL, AND MOVED TO ANOTHER STATE. NOTHING...NOTHING..THAT'S RIGHT NOTHING TRANSFERED. NOT EVEN ACCREDIITED. DO NOT GO TO KEISER CAREER COLLEGE, IN GREENACRES, FL. WEST PALM BEACH.
DO NOT GO TO KEISER CAREER COLLEGE. THEY WILL TREAT YOU AWFUL. AND THEY ARE FAKE. MRS. COLIA WILL PLAY YOU BIG TIME. NOT TRUTH IN THIS SCHOOL.

cassidie in Pompano Beach, Florida

67 months ago

good Afternoon everyone,
i'm a Medical Assistant graduated with an associate degree. I was spoken by my advisor, that i could challenge the LPN test. I'm revy possitive about that. If I can so, where do I go. I live in Margate, Florida.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stephanie in Kansas City, Missouri

67 months ago

Can anyone please tell me where I should go to get my LPN? I stayed by my grandmoms side and the nurses most of them were great. I'd love to enter the proffession but I'm not sure how or where I should go? I live in K.C MO. Thank you all your post help alot. Sorry if I misspell

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vic in Wichita, Kansas

67 months ago

Hi it seems you all need some advise. I think I have the ultimate solution. You need to contact your state's board of nursing.They would have all the information on challenging the nclex and such because they are the ones who manage your license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

cassidie in Pompano Beach, Florida said: good Afternoon everyone,
i'm a Medical Assistant graduated with an associate degree. I was spoken by my advisor, that i could challenge the LPN test. I'm revy possitive about that. If I can so, where do I go. I live in Margate, Florida.

Sorry, that person gave you misinformation. The only state that you can challenge the LPN exam is in California. It does not matter what degree or experience you have. You MUST graduate from practical nursing program approved from your state board of nursing. Google "Florida board of nursing". They should have a website that will tell you this or give you a contact number to find out for yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

stephanie in Kansas City, Missouri said: Can anyone please tell me where I should go to get my LPN? I stayed by my grandmoms side and the nurses most of them were great. I'd love to enter the proffession but I'm not sure how or where I should go? I live in K.C MO. Thank you all your post help alot. Sorry if I misspell

You can start by looking up your state board of nursing. Google "Missouri state board of nursing". The website will have a list of approved nursing programs. You must attend a program approved by the state board to become licensed when you graduate.

stephanie in Kansas City, Missouri

67 months ago

Thank you! :)

k in Goldsboro, North Carolina

67 months ago

"I just don't understand why an MA thinks they could be a safe/efficient LPN without going through a nursing program... I'm not degrading MA's. Does an MA know how to keep a sterile area (like a catheter or dressing change)... I would not be a happy patient knowing that my nurse never went through a nursing program... Sorry if I stepped on any toes, but I know I'm not the only one thinking this....."

Depends on how they got their training. I got mine from the military, and I am sure that I know a hell of a lot more than you know as an LPN...I also promise I have DONE a lot more than you have in your time that you have been a LPN....so like i said, it depends on where you get your training.....

Bonnie, RN

67 months ago

Actually, MA's are not allowed to perform ANY invasive procedures, that includes catheters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Bonnie, RN said: Actually, MA's are not allowed to perform ANY invasive procedures, that includes catheters.

But like i said depends on where you get your training. I'm not saying that MAs are allowed to I am just stating that they should be allowed to test to be an LPN. I know that I can challenge the boards to be a LPN from the military. So why not let MAs?

Bonnie, RN

67 months ago

Just because you pass boards does not mean you know what you're doing. I have gone through ridiculous amounts of clinicals, i have done hundreds of drug cards, etc. etc. "Typical" MA training is nothing like LPN or RN programs. Trust me. If you can pass boards, great. Go for it. But I can tell you one thing, not many places would hire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

so let me ask you this.... have you ever been in a combat zone and 20 soldiers lives depend on your training with bullets flying in every way imaginable??? Or have you ever been on a plane where you are responcible for 50 men and women in clitical condition for a 10 hr flight with no doctor on board....... let me know

Bonnie, RN

67 months ago

Nope. And that has nothing to do with getting hired somewhere either. That is a completely different situation. Don't think you're better than anyone or that just because you are in the military that you can just take a test and automatically be a nurse. It doesn't work that way. And no, I'm not bad mouthing the military, my father, aunt, grandfather and multiple other relatives are all in or have retired from the Army and Marines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

It does have something to do with being hired. It a proven statistic that employers like military ethics and expirence. But just because I am not an LPN, are you saying that I don't have the knowlege and experince to be a nurse?????

Bonnie, RN

67 months ago

Employers also like people that can spell correctly so you can chart and document competently. Aside from that, you have to have certain classes completed and a certain number of hours in different subjects and clinicals. It's great that you have experience. LPN school should be a "breeze" for you. California is the only state that allows MA's to take the LPN board, as said multiple times on this forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

and if you are military you can.....

shanna in Arlington, Texas

65 months ago

Lisa said: I just don't understand why an MA thinks they could be a safe/efficient LPN without going through a nursing program... I'm not degrading MA's. Does an MA know how to keep a sterile area (like a catheter or dressing change)... I would not be a happy patient knowing that my nurse never went through a nursing program... Sorry if I stepped on any toes, but I know I'm not the only one thinking this...

yes a medical assistant is almost equivalent to an LVN or what you may call a LPN. The only difference is we are not liscensed and cannot push meds via IVs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

65 months ago

shanna in Arlington, Texas said: yes a medical assistant is almost equivalent to an LVN or what you may call a LPN. The only difference is we are not liscensed and cannot push meds via IVs.

Not quite... The education is very different and so is the scope of practice. I really don't know what these Medical Assistant schools are telling people these days... MA is not equivalent to LPN/LVN, it is a completely different job. MAs are very task oriented and trained to function in an outpatient setting under direct supervision of a practitioner. Whoever led you to believe the only difference is a license and IV meds is wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa

65 months ago

No. A medical assistant is definitely not even close to being equivalent to an LPN/LVN. Who told you this??? That is absolutely ridiculous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

rosario47@hotmail.com in Land O Lakes, Florida

64 months ago

I am a medical assistant. I went to keiser career college and they taught me how to assess patients like doctors do. I am satisfy. I am RMA and I would like to challenge the test to become an LPN. Can any body help me? I think if I challenge the test I will pass. Also I have my CNA and Catheterization certification. I learned from my book of medical assistant that lpn is almost the same as a medical assistant the only differences is that LPN can do iv's, but medical assistant don't. I feel like I know more than an LPN or an RN because I been working with a lot of RN's and I just notice that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

T Williams

64 months ago

How can a Seasoned MA challenge the LPN exam?

Kat in Arlington, Texas

64 months ago

rosario47@hotmail.com in Land O Lakes, Florida said: I am a medical assistant. I went to keiser career college and they taught me how to assess patients like doctors do. I am satisfy. I am RMA and I would like to challenge the test to become an LPN. Can any body help me? I think if I challenge the test I will pass. Also I have my CNA and Catheterization certification. I learned from my book of medical assistant that lpn is almost the same as a medical assistant the only differences is that LPN can do iv's, but medical assistant don't. I feel like I know more than an LPN or an RN because I been working with a lot of RN's and I just notice that.

Thanks for making me laugh, that was amusing... If you live in Florida the only way to become an LPN or RN is to graduate from an approved nursing program and pass the NCLEX to become licensed. If you go to nursing school you will see the huge difference between the two. I think you will be surprised what you don't know.

ashleyrowell in Collinsville, Mississippi

64 months ago

I know that you can bridge if you are an LPN wanting to become an RN, but I do not know of a any type of bridge from MA to LPN. Interesting question!

On another note, I found this link very helpful with a resume that I just wrote. bizcovering.com/employment/25-things-to-never-put-on-a-resume/

Lisa

64 months ago

rosario47@hotmail.com in Land O Lakes, Florida said: I am a medical assistant. I went to keiser career college and they taught me how to assess patients like doctors do. I am satisfy. I am RMA and I would like to challenge the test to become an LPN. Can any body help me? I think if I challenge the test I will pass. Also I have my CNA and Catheterization certification. I learned from my book of medical assistant that lpn is almost the same as a medical assistant the only differences is that LPN can do iv's, but medical assistant don't. I feel like I know more than an LPN or an RN because I been working with a lot of RN's and I just notice that.

Ok... I really hope that you are joking... come on... I completely agree with what Kat said... And do you mean to say that you know more than an LPN because you work with RN's??? "Wow" is all I can say.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Letish in Boston, Massachusetts

64 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I am very flattered of those people who help to get you access and move on to new productive of life, especially for this bad economy. All of your informations to connect these people in need is very helpful. All of you are truly dedicated to give your service...keep it up.

LV in Xenia, Ohio

64 months ago

I am in an LPN program in Ohio and Thought I knew alot before starting the program and got a big eye opening when I started my first nursing class. I have 24+ years as an STNA I am also a cert. Nurse Tech and a cert. Phlebot. How many pharmacology classes did you have? Do you know what skills are preformed sterile and what ones are preformed clean?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Monica in Crown Point, Indiana

63 months ago

Yes we do know how to keep the area free from pathogens, and yes we do know how to change dressing. I wanted to remind you that an LPN hold a TC and a MA holds AAS. The LPN's are trained in bed side and the MA is trained not only in the clinical setting but also the administration setting of a office or hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bronxnynurse in Bronx, New York

63 months ago

which state are you in and who taught you that? its two completely different careers and if however you could challenge the test you would. As an Lpn i am now supervising a medical assistant with an AAS and basically does vital signs and most of the coding and insurance payments.

Kat in Arlington, Texas

63 months ago

Monica in Crown Point, Indiana said: Yes we do know how to keep the area free from pathogens, and yes we do know how to change dressing. I wanted to remind you that an LPN hold a TC and a MA holds AAS. The LPN's are trained in bed side and the MA is trained not only in the clinical setting but also the administration setting of a office or hospital.

In my area Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas you will be hard pressed to find a school with an AAS in Medical Assisting. In our entire metro area there might be one that charges almost $40,000, which should be a crime... Since there is no real educational requirements of an uncertified MA, most MAs here are either trained on the job or graduates of a 6-9 program which is a completely different curriculum than nursing.

kali, LPN in South Plainfield, New Jersey

63 months ago

The school that i attended for my LPN program had a medical assistant program there. From their own mouths, they mentioned that the difference between MA course and LPN course are very vast. When you think on the spectrum of the basics of nursing, for example the Nursing process and when you go through the process of the assessment, plans/outcomes, nursing diagnoses, implementation, rationale and evaluations. You need these basic tools (and understanding) to practice your care with your patients and to actually answer the questions on the NCLEX-PN. You are saying to the public when you obtain your license: I can practice professionally and am a competent about providing nursing care. To base your knowledge off of a "feeling" that you know more than the nurses that you work with is not only a understatement but an insult to the profession of nursing, And most importantly where is really matters: to the patient. The patient deserves for someone to know what they are doing and not what they feel.It also an insult to yourself because one day you will be the nurse and someone will make that comment about you. For the nurses who do their job, they know what i am talking about when i say, we get a bad name. As far as your question: call your state board of nursing. They will tell you, most likely,no, because again, it is a licens

dionne in Okinawa, Japan

63 months ago

sxfiootfromtheedge@yahoo.com in Bluffton, Indiana said: This is not true I have associates degree in medical assistant and i took about 7 classes to complete my lpn. You can however, get waived in the program because of your medical assistant. Hope this helps you not to mention the money is better as an lpn.

how did you go about getting you lpn like that, im a ma now.

63 months ago

dionne in Okinawa, Japan said: how did you go about getting you lpn like that, im a ma now.

The previous messager stated that she had associates degree in MA and took 7 class to become a lpn. There is the difference when you have the degree from the certificate. Every MA program is not a degree program. She probably was able to transfer her college credits into a nursing program and all she had to do is take the nursing courses. But if you are a MA with a certificate or diploma. No you cant just go in to nursing program and test out of the nursing classes. You would enter just like a regular student starting from the beginning.

dionne in Okinawa, Japan

63 months ago

I do have a MA a Degree, Associate Of Applied Science

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SH-MA in Amherst, Massachusetts

63 months ago

I went to MA school and have been an MA for ONLY 3yrs but the amount of different offices I have experienced, from specialty to primary care, I have worked in CT and in Mass- where the rules are different in CT, they don't allow MA's to do as much as I was trained to do in Mass! I worked in a office with LPN's and know LPN's personally. With the amount of experience and information I have aquired, I know for sure I would be able to pass the LPN test! As a medical assistant now in Mass, I am doing the tasks, medications and advice giving LPN's did in CT! So while yes you may need a certain amount of hours to be able to become a LPN, they are not necessarily always more knowledgable then MA's!! And if I knew before what I know now about the jobs MA's are required to do, I would have definitely gone to school for an LPN in the first place.

63 months ago

Alysha said: I completely agree with you, Kali. I graduate in August as an LPN, I may not be a nurse yet, but these comments are completely degrading to nurses. How in the hell is a Medical Assistant anything like a nurse??? Come on...be real with yourselves people.

Maybe if you were an MA before you would know what they actually do, it's really not that different ALL the time!!!

Mercia Wallace in Christiansted, Virgin Islands, U.S.

63 months ago

I was trained as a nurse in the caribbean. I want to continue my schooling. How many months would it take?

T Williams

63 months ago

Correct

Kat in Arlington, Texas

63 months ago

SH-MA in Amherst, Massachusetts said: I went to MA school and have been an MA for ONLY 3yrs but the amount of different offices I have experienced, from specialty to primary care, I have worked in CT and in Mass- where the rules are different in CT, they don't allow MA's to do as much as I was trained to do in Mass! I worked in a office with LPN's and know LPN's personally. With the amount of experience and information I have aquired, I know for sure I would be able to pass the LPN test! As a medical assistant now in Mass, I am doing the tasks, medications and advice giving LPN's did in CT! So while yes you may need a certain amount of hours to be able to become a LPN, they are not necessarily always more knowledgable then MA's!! And if I knew before what I know now about the jobs MA's are required to do, I would have definitely gone to school for an LPN in the first place.

Well then go to LPN school. You may actually be surprised what you don't know about nursing. You pointed out that you have worked only in offices. There is a great difference between outpatient care and acute inpatient care. MAs are mainly focused on outpatient ambulatory care, whereas LPNs can do both. MA's do NOT do the same things as LPNs outside the ambulatory care setting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Well thanx for the advice, and I did not say that MA's and LPN's do the same thing, I said LPN's are NOT ALWAYS more knowledgable then MA's are. And I have worked with "acute" care, because before anyone went to the ER, they were made to come into the office, so I have seen blue babies and Pt's who needed more then 25 stitches for their laceration, ETC. I'm not saying I know just as much, I am saying that with the experience I have aquired I would be able to pass the LPN test. Also it is really crazy how snooty nurses get about their job, No one is trying to be better then anybody, and is not better then anybody!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Also, a good thing to remember, without MA's there would be no office, because god for bid LPN's do MA tasks, so that there is funny!

Kat in Arlington, Texas

63 months ago

SH-MA in Amherst, Massachusetts said: Also, a good thing to remember, without MA's there would be no office, because god for bid LPN's do MA tasks, so that there is funny!

This makes no sense. If there were not MAs it would be nurses there instead. Before doctor's came up with MA's it was licensed nurses that worked the office. However MA's are available now and work for less money than nurses so doctor's can save money. Sorry if us nurses sound snooty but we tend to get a little defensive about our hard earned licenses and education. I'm sure you are a very qualified MA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

SH-MA in Amherst, Massachusetts said: Also, a good thing to remember, without MA's there would be no office, because god for bid LPN's do MA tasks, so that there is funny!

I agree Kat, the funny thing is...nurses have been in the forefront of healing people and dealing with holistic medicine for centuries. Your experience can only take you as far as a office and maybe an outpatient clinic.I know licensed practical nurses who are in the OR, ER , maternity, I know some do work for doctor's office and thats because they married the doctor or dentist. Its a walk in the park for them compared to one of the ladies who did LPN in the OR for 15 years!~ No one is trying to put a MA down but don't put the RN or the LPN there either. If you know that you know more as far as experience is concern...challenge yourself and go to a nursing program. Get the money that you feel like you deserve because truth be told: MA is a way for a private doctor or hospital to save money. Look at the history of it and follow the money trail. Some associations have been trying to get rid of the need for nurses especially the LPN. But they realized with research and studies...the right nurse is key to the healing process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kathi DiStefano in Waretown, New Jersey

62 months ago

Dee Thornton in Santa Ana, California said: Good Morning all,
Maybe you can help me. I am a Medical Assistant and I was told by my teacher that I could challenge the test and become a LPN. Is this true? If so, where do I go. I live in Newport News, VA.

Same here. I live in New Jersey. Adavanced in Age, but successfuly completed college credited courses in Computerized
Medical, Billing Coding and Terminology, plus a full Clinical
Medical Assistant Course. Took MA Certification Exam in Tampa,
Florida last month. Included in program we did have to take
Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Venipuncture, Hemotology,
Lymphatic System and Nervous System. Hoping to get just a small
M.A. job in a local hospital, clinic or physicians office. Having
just completed all of these subjects, now taking Bayada Nursing
Program from July 27th to August 14th. NOW, would I qualify for
LPN? I'd like to take the exam. How do I do that? Where do I
inquire.
Thanks Much.
Kathi DiStefano
kdiste1315@aol.com

Alysha

62 months ago

SH-MA in Amherst, Massachusetts said: Maybe if you were an MA before you would know what they actually do, it's really not that different ALL the time!!!

Ok, so what do you ACTUALLY do and I will you tell you what I do. Tell me what YOU think the difference is between a medical ASSISTANT and a nurse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.