What is LPN I, LPN II, LPN III???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

BLEZZDIVA in Salt Lake City, Utah

49 months ago

LPN I WORKS IN A OFFICE SETTING, LPN II PASSES MEDS LIKE A HOSPTITAL OR SNF NURSE AND LPN III IS ALL AND THEY WK IN ICU ETC ETC ETC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

hottmess in Winona, Mississippi

49 months ago

LPN I is iv certified and starts iv meds and certain iv antibiotics just plain LPN does not

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

KAT in Arlington, Texas

48 months ago

It normally stands for years of experience. For instance LPN I is 0-1 years experience, LPN II is 1-3 years experience, and LPN III is 3+ years experience. These are not legal titles, but just a differentiating title used by an employer so it is going to vary from place to place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

kathie in Chester, Virginia

45 months ago

LPN I is less than 5 years, LPN II is 10 years and LPN III is over 10 years or an LPN who holds credentials in say, tele and is ACLS certified or in onc with chemo certifications. All relate to hospital workers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Becca in Saint Petersburg, Florida

44 months ago

kathie in Chester, Virginia said: LPN I is less than 5 years, LPN II is 10 years and LPN III is over 10 years or an LPN who holds credentials in say, tele and is ACLS certified or in onc with chemo certifications. All relate to hospital workers

Not true in Florida. LPN II has IV certification and nothing is associated with hospitals. I'm not sure about other states, but each state may be different

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

malenurse in Hot Springs, Arkansas

43 months ago

I'm an LPN II and it is IV certified. It has nothing to do with time on the job but what training you have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cin65 in Raleigh, North Carolina

42 months ago

LPN clinical ladders in VA, according to what you have been certified in at Rehab hosp and years of service

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.