lpn - Rn excelsior

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 53 of 53)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

simone in Frisco, Texas

50 months ago

aprillreign@yahoo.com in Monroe, Michigan said: I just graduated from Excelsior college and am about to take my boards. I was wondering if there are other fairly new grads who have found no problem getting work. I live in MI, and have applied to a number of positions with only 3 responding and it's the same line of work LTC/Rehab. I want to work in a hospital. Has anyone else had trouble moving into actual RN positions? aprillreign@yahoo.com Thanks April

Hi April, I graduated from excelsior and Have gotten a response from every job I have ever applied for. I was interviewed and hired over the phone on my current
job which is a 1000 bed acute care hospital. When I graduated I did have 8 years acute care experience as a LPN and continued on as a RN on my previous job. It is not as easy to find jobs in a hospital as it was a couple of years ago. Everywhere is requiring at least two years experience, Excelsior grad or not, because it so expensive to train new grads, hospitals are limiting the amount of applicants they accept. LTC/Rehab most often is not considered experience when looking for a position in a hospital. I really doubt if the fact that you graduated from Excelsior is playing a role. My recommendation is taking what you can get for now, and keep trying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AngelaLPN2RN

43 months ago

Hi Simone

I'm a current Excelsior student who is worried about getting licensed in CA. I'm a Nevada resident and my fiance is stationed in CA at the moment. We plan on getting married and he will be stationed there for the next four years at a minimum.

I enrolled with Excelsior because at the time I was planning on staying in Nevada. Well voila plans change.

I've been a LPN for 3 months and was able to get a job as a new grad. I'm willing to do anything and even go as far as to go through another state that requires preceptorship after graduation in order to be licensed by examination or endorsement for CA.

How were you able to do it? You are now licensed in CA, and I read that you were a LPN for 8 years. I'm having a hard time getting the BRN in CA to answer my questions. They like to answer very close-ended questions in a few short words, that really have nothing to do with my original question and it's frustrating.

any information would be very helpful. Please email me if you can asadeofpurple@aol.com

Thanks
Angie

janeana in mesquite, Texas

13 months ago

simone in Austin, Texas said: my application is stlill being processed by CBON. I have to furnish two letters, one from excelsior stating my nursing status upon enrollment and one from my job at which i was employed at the time of attendance. I am now in the process of obtaining the letters and then hopefully i will be endorsed. Will definitely keep this thread posted. By the way are you an excelsior grad. I graduated for the LPN program at Medgar Evers in Brooklyn.

Did you ever get your Ca Rn license,am planning to apply for endorsement into ca.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.