lpn

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

sg in Collinsville, Illinois

60 months ago

I have been an LPn 20 years in Indianapolis.I moved to Illinois over a mnth ago.I have applied or sent 30 resumes.No responses I am very frustrated.I have worked in a Dr's office 14 years,and the rest of my experience was hospital.Does any one know of any open positions by Belleville Iliinois?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lucylou in Crown Point, Indiana

59 months ago

sg in Collinsville, Illinois said: I have been an LPn 20 years in Indianapolis.I moved to Illinois over a mnth ago.I have applied or sent 30 resumes.No responses I am very frustrated.I have worked in a Dr's office 14 years,and the rest of my experience was hospital.Does any one know of any open positions by Belleville Iliinois?

Hang in there! I had relocated from WI to IN the end of 2008. I too sent out many, many resumes. I don't know what it is but seems like you are an outsider when you relocate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

59 months ago

sg in Collinsville, Illinois said: I have been an LPn 20 years in Indianapolis.I moved to Illinois over a mnth ago.I have applied or sent 30 resumes.No responses I am very frustrated.I have worked in a Dr's office 14 years,and the rest of my experience was hospital.Does any one know of any open positions by Belleville Iliinois?

Try a few nursing agencies, this will allow you to work and get immediate pay, often times at least 65 percent the next day if not 100%. Besides this will put you in contact with many other nurses for inside contacts and give you more time to secure a full time job.

59 months ago

Another suggestion, immediately after sending a resume, call and ask if they received it and inquire about a position. Second, go online and look up all the facilities in the area, you can easily get a complete list, don't rely on sending resumes go directly to the site to apply, choose a good time where you may have the opportunity to speak to someone about you interest. You didn't mention any long term or rehab facilities in your recent past but to other nurse relocating...many facilities have sister companies all over the world, you can transfer even after up to 60 days later and keep your benefits and time. You don't have to transfer in advance, but if you left in good standing just mention where you worked previously and you will be considered a transfer or a rehire.

59 months ago

lucylou in Crown Point, Indiana said: Hang in there! I had relocated from WI to IN the end of 2008. I too sent out many, many resumes. I don't know what it is but seems like you are an outsider when you relocate.

This is posted later in a response. Have you checked for sister companies or through agencies. I relocated and went to a agency where I was hire that same day after taking a few test, was called to work the next morning and earned 300 dollars for the first 12 hour shift. The following morning I received a check for $270, after just three days I had earned $820 net pay, thus giving me a chance to stay caught up on bills and continue my search. Three years later I still rely on agency pay to get through. I love it!!!

GOODNURSE/BADBREAKS in Jeffersonville, Indiana

59 months ago

I wish you the best of luck in IL. I know exactly what you are going through. Do you know of any good nursing agencies in Indianapolis? I have a cousin who lives near Bellevue...I will see what she knows. Keep your head up!

59 months ago

GOODNURSE/BADBREAKS in Jeffersonville, Indiana said: I wish you the best of luck in IL. I know exactly what you are going through. Do you know of any good nursing agencies in Indianapolis? I have a cousin who lives near Bellevue...I will see what she knows. Keep your head up!

Are you looking to move to INDY. I have lots of family in INDY a few are in the health care field. I live in LOUISVILLE, there are several agencies here. I currently work for three staffing agencies and I stay busy. Just turned down 4 shifts one on days, one on second and 2 on nights just this morning.

351 in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

lucylou in Crown Point, Indiana said: Hang in there! I had relocated from WI to IN the end of 2008. I too sent out many, many resumes. I don't know what it is but seems like you are an outsider when you relocate.

dont worry my sister had a job for 3 months then the chin people got the positions in indiana..maybe you will get lucky..good luck

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.