How much is the starting pay for LPN's in Atlanta?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 439)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

mumford in Buffalo, New York

69 months ago

I'm in school for my lpn and its a lot of jobs here in buffalo ny for lpn and rn and lpn are starting off at $20/hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beckee in Winnipeg, Manitoba

69 months ago

To: bratpak2 in Medicine Hat, Alberta

Hi! We may be moving to Medicine Hat from Winnipeg, and I work in the dialysis unit here. Is your dialysis unit hiring? If not, do they take on casuals? Also, what is your top wage as LPNs? Ours here is $29.07/h.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mboone in Lithonia, Georgia

69 months ago

Beth in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Hi All,
I am considering going to school to become a LPN, but was wondering what the starting pay was. I'm actually torn between MA and LPN. Thanks!

Don't waste your time on school for LPN. I am a LPN and work in a hospital in Snellville, Georgia. The pay is extremely low, but worse, you are limited in your choices of departments to work in because not every unit uses LPNs. However getting your RN license increases your pay considerably and increases the opportunities for you as a nurse. There are so much more available jobs for RNs. You may have attend school a few months to a year more in school depending on the program and the State you are in. I am now school for my RN. I know of some hospitals in Georgia that have let ALL their LPNs go. Most LPNs in my hospital are back in school also, because the pay is horrible for the work you do; which by the way is the same as the RNs, but because you don't have the credentials you can not get the same pay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lauriedav in Lyndhurst, New Jersey

69 months ago

Hi I live in New Jersey - very close to Manhattan. I have been looking into the LPN program- I am 49 years old and run a business from home so I will more then likely be attending an evening program unless I can work something out. Anyway, I have two questions 1. Has anyone heard of or attended Merit Technical Institute? For some reason you cannot get student loans through this program - I know they have a provisional accredidation right now - their schedule works great for me but I want to make sure that the school is safe and sound. The other school I'm considering in Eastwick - they program sounds great but they are expensive.

How hard is it right now to get LPN jobs in NJ?

69 months ago

Hi one other thing? Can anyone comment on the pay in our area? Salary on monster puts it at about $45,000/year.

Thanks again

jetsmom.... in Atlanta, Georgia

69 months ago

mboone in Lithonia, Georgia said: Don't waste your time on school for LPN. I am a LPN and work in a hospital in Snellville, Georgia. The pay is extremely low, but worse, you are limited in your choices of departments to work in because not every unit uses LPNs. However getting your RN license increases your pay considerably and increases the opportunities for you as a nurse. There are so much more available jobs for RNs. You may have attend school a few months to a year more in school depending on the program and the State you are in. I am now school for my RN. I know of some hospitals in Georgia that have let ALL their LPNs go. Most LPNs in my hospital are back in school also, because the pay is horrible for the work you do; which by the way is the same as the RNs, but because you don't have the credentials you can not get the same pay

Yes I agree...I've decided to go straight for RN instead of LPN.. GPC is a great school and they dont keep a waiting list ! They have 2 year RN programs.. So I'll complete that & hopefully go to GSU or Mercer for another 2 years!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

XXX in North Bergen, New Jersey said: be careful to make sure any school you may attend is accreditted nationwide, or their degree is worthless. also, be careful of any school that offers no loans /grants or assistance!!! be careful, trust me!

Did you attend a school like this? And thanks for the input.

Laurie

69 months ago

thanks for sharing your salary in Newark, NJ. Anyone else willing to share their salary in Northeastern New Jersey. I have struggling with the RN/LPN decision. I'm 49 and would finish my LPN just before I turn 50 my RN would be closer to 53 - that scares me. I'm hoping there are some in our area earning a little more then 18.00 per hour. Please share. This forum is so much better then all the research I've done. Thanks
Laurie

stephanie

69 months ago

I signed up for this forum when I was researching careers I decided upon the one I felt wwas calling for me which is COTA. Anyway my beloved mom is in the hospital and has been for a week today and will be for unfort. much longer. I wanted to say that all but 2 of the nurses LPN'S etc. I've experienced at least at Mercy Hospital in Rogers are very very wonderul and to those of you who are working with your hearts THANK YOU!!

lauriedav in Lyndhurst, New Jersey

69 months ago

the community colleges are accepting individuals for the rn programs, however, there are quite a few prerequisits. This along with dates that you have to have everything completed to actually apply for the program, I will not be completed for 3 1/2 years. So be prepared for that.

stephanie

69 months ago

thank you :) my mom had a basic infection but was unfort given tylenol and told to take it every 3 hours so unfort my mom was taught the old school way to listen to docs. preachers etc. and did she landed up weeks later in the hospital with double lung phnomia my dad had to tell the doctor no this time(after so many countless visits per week) you've got to put her in the hospital. So the doc got her oxygen up to 90 and told her to go home the next morning mom told my dad I can't take this anymore and again when they told the doc he said oh no she'll be fine so my dad took her to E.R and they tested her her oxygen was 40% once again and a doc. there finally admmitted her We almost lost her last fri. night :( she's been in ever since and has had to have a surgery where they go into your lungs and remove all the pus etc. they can and scrap it all and she's been draining for 5 days now. She's finally out of ICU and into triage. I live in K.C so it's very heart breaking to not be able to be around her :( I'm getting my generals towards COTA right now. It's been hard to juggle everything but I go to Brown Mackie and the proffessors there are the best EVER! I don't know if theirs a Brown Mackie around Atlanta but if their is please check it out I was totally amazed at their geniune nice attitudes and caring. I was raised in a very very loving little town in the Ozarks and am now city and almost forgot pep can be soo nice. I prob misspelled. It's been a very long and stressful day. Once again thank you for the best of luck wishes for my mom ahe's touched soo many lives and is an incredible person.

aaa in Albany, New York

69 months ago

these doctors are really dissapointing, they just dont care anymore

bratpak2 in Medicine Hat, Alberta

69 months ago

Can someone tell me what COTA is? I haven't got a clue
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fredzv Vogedes in Portland, Oregon

69 months ago

The LPN rate will go up by the time you finish nursing school. Don't waste time just do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

stephanie in kc

69 months ago

Certifies Occupational Therapy Assistant

stephanie in kc

69 months ago

aaa in Albany, New York said: these doctors are really dissapointing, they just dont care anymore

I totally agree! thank you for saying so as well. My mom is my best friend hero and sometimes when things are going wrong anchor. Some doctors seem to forget that their working on a patient who is everything to someone. I really don't know what I'd do without her in my life.

klove4uklove@yahoo.com in Cincinnati, Ohio

69 months ago

sherrill in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: lpn for 2 1/2 yrs 55,ooo/yr

I am thinking about moving to Monroeville, PA. I have been licensed and working for a year..I live in Cincinnati now and make starting out 18.95 full time so u think I would make more?

69 months ago

I've never nursed in either place just Florida and Oregon. I would guess you would make more then that else where, sounds a little on the low end.
Nurses here(LPN) make around 43thousand annually.
Good luck whatever you do, there is more to nursing then money and the money will come.

digger1 in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

I am considering going to school to become a LPN, but was wondering what the starting pay was. I'm actually torn between MA and LPN. Thanks!

hey whats up beth? isit beth? anyway im in los angels calif lookin for work . whew there is not alot here. so hows things going in portland? i was just near portland in sheridan oregon in federal prison. i had a job there but they made me leave. it was nice too all i had to do every day was wake up and walk about 25 feet and i was atwork cool huh?

69 months ago

oh it was fredzv hihow are ya?

69 months ago

never one time have i ever received a reply on these sites.

69 months ago

unless i reply to myself like if someone else really was. it kind of makes it interesting if even i reply to myself you know? im in los angeles california . tell ya what this place is really nice like in all kinds of ways

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

that last comment was sure helpfull too

69 months ago

hey what happened? all of a sudden i was on the page allby myself and my replies?

69 months ago

ok im gonna give it maybe 1 more minute to let someone in on some of the best forum chat this side of the mississippi 59, 58, 57.,,...

69 months ago

never say never.

jetsmom.... in Tucker, Georgia

69 months ago

XXX in North Bergen, New Jersey said: i finished lpn school down in north carolina at a comm. college, but yeah.. before you get involved in any school, research them and their accredidation thoroughly,or else you can waste all your time & $$$.if a school is too "cheap or affordable", there may be a problem with it. my lpn program cost me about 24000. in loans, that is standard.

hey how long did lpn program take?

gtttt in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

stop posting you f*^king retard!!!!

xxx in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

2 yrs. , pt classes

mzjoi2u in Sacramento, California

69 months ago

Hi everyone,, I want to go to Kaplan College in Sacramento, CA and I was told that it isnt a good college, Im going for the LVN, and want to know has how do you find out if a school is accredited, I do know that they do the standard financial aid and student loans, the program is only 10months long and they told me that an average day is 8-3 or 4pm it just depends,, In sacramento the RN programs take up to 4yrs just to get in,,I want to get in now and work my way up,, any suggestions?

jetsmom.... in Atlanta, Georgia

69 months ago

xxx in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: 2 yrs. , pt classes

Hey XXX, do you know anything about Cape Fear Community College??

69 months ago

mzjoi2u in Sacramento, California said: Hi everyone,, I want to go to Kaplan College in Sacramento, CA and I was told that it isnt a good college, Im going for the LVN, and want to know has how do you find out if a school is accredited, I do know that they do the standard financial aid and student loans, the program is only 10months long and they told me that an average day is 8-3 or 4pm it just depends,, In sacramento the RN programs take up to 4yrs just to get in,,I want to get in now and work my way up,, any suggestions?

You should be able to contact The California Nursing Department - check online. They will be able to tell you if the school is accredited. Good Luck

69 months ago

Hi,
The best way to check these colleges out and if they are acceptabe check with the Board Of Nursing of your state.

NUNU2MICKEY in Taylor, Michigan

68 months ago

lielite in Newark, New Jersey said: i got out of school and liscenced as LPN 2 yrs ago, and i dont know what you people are talking about. jobs as LPN are VERY EXTREMEMLY HARD TO COME BY, offer crap pay. i know ma's who make more with half the loans to repay, and half the knowlege! LPN SUCKS , I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE, SORRY. i now have 25ooo. debty to pay off and almost impossible to pay it off!

WHERE IM FROM THE ONLY JOBS YOU SEE IN THE PAPERS IS FOR LPN, RN AND CNA AND MY MOMS IN THE FIELD AND SHE MAKES GOOD MONEY DONT GET ME WRONG MY MOM HAD JOBS THAT SHE DIDN'T LIKE SO SHE QUIT IT DIDNT EVEN PHRASE HER NOR DID IT TAKE HER LONG TO FIND A NEW ONE I GUESS IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHERE U STAY.

68 months ago

If you are having a rough time getting a job as an LPN, probably because of your location. The job market for LPN has always been in demand for me, from Florida to now Oregon. Agency is where the money and flexibility is.
Two years out of nursing school would make you a baby nurse. You need some experience before you develop all these negative views, you have a long road to travel.

dgtal99 in Summerville, South Carolina

68 months ago

18.00 north charleston, sc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tyaddir in Fayetteville, New York

68 months ago

hlt3 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Check out Georgia Perimeter College.

look up the college network promise it will be the best move you ever meade in your life

nurse to be in Baltimore, Maryland

68 months ago

I am a nursing support technician in baltimore MD and I make 15.00 an hour working in the hospital. if you are an LPN and only making 15-19 an hour, someone is getting over on you. you need to consider weekend opp or work for a nursing home, never a hospital. There are so many places giving away sign- on bonuses . some of you aren't looking in the right direction..... my aunt is an LPN and has been for 10 years. she make 3,000 a week . if you make less than that, someone got over on you. You are seriously needed in the healthcare field . Nursing homes hire LPNs because they can pay them less than an RN per year but they still receive sign on bonuses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dgtal99 in Charleston, South Carolina

68 months ago

what is the starting pay for lpn in charlottesville virginia?

ljm253 in Franklin, Massachusetts

68 months ago

your math is totally off! 3000. a week times 52 weeks a year would be 156,000. Now, I don't know of any RN's making that kind of money. check your facts before posting.

yvette30 estremera in Somerdale, New Jersey

68 months ago

Great field you will always have a job trust me. People in my class try to argue that there fazing lpn out. that is a lye, they will never ever faze lpn out. lpn are always need for long term physicality . it is cheaper to pay a lpn then a RN..
in your state the average is about 17 for start. but iam sure there is alot of places that may pay even more.I live in nj its about 21 per hr. check this sight to get your state average salary
www.careeronestop.org

68 months ago

XXX in North Bergen, New Jersey said: "I am a nursing support technician in baltimore MD and I make 15.00 an hour working in the hospital. if you are an LPN and only making 15-19 an hour, someone is getting over on you. you need to consider weekend opp or work for a nursing home, never a hospital. There are so many places giving away sign- on bonuses . some of you aren't looking in the right direction..... my aunt is an LPN and has been for 10 years. she make 3,000 a week . if you make less than that, someone got over on you. You are seriously needed in the healthcare field . Nursing homes hire LPNs because they can pay them less than an RN per year but they still receive sign on bonuses."

Reply - absolutely right!!! have some g/d respect for yourself and start getting paid like an adult!! grow up people....

the only way your aunt is making that kind of money in a 7 day week. may two weeks but not in 7 days. I problem can see maybe working a full 80 hrs a week plus over time , meaning doing about 64 hrs a pay period for over time .. now that is possible. other then that 40 hr a week not 3000. Rn dont even make that kind of money in one week . My mother is a RN
www.careeronestop.org check for your self . here is proof this is a state site show the average hr pay for all career

68 months ago

yvette30 estremera in Somerdale, New Jersey said: the only way your aunt is making that kind of money in a 7 day week. may two weeks but not in 7 days. I problem can see maybe working a full 80 hrs a week plus over time , meaning doing about 64 hrs a pay period for over time .. now that is possible. other then that 40 hr a week not 3000. Rn dont even make that kind of money in one week . My mother is a RN
www.careeronestop.org check for your self . here is proof this is a state site show the average hr pay for all career

XXX in North Bergen, this msg is for you

nurse to be in Baltimore, Maryland

68 months ago

what's truly sad is that some of you think that you Can't make as much as an LPN! if your making 15-20 an hour, you need to take your butts back to school an become an RN! its not worth it if you're making chump change! at least an RN can do more in the field. and to all those who are trying to become a LPN, right on , keep at it ! you'll be back, posting a comment about how everyone else was wrong!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mzjoi2u in Citrus Heights, California

68 months ago

Celeste Wharton in Rex, Georgia said: Maybe you can try Patient Care Technician I think they are trying to phase out the LPN Position I'm going to start a CNA class in 09 and was looking into LPN but I just see a lot of positions for PCT I think I'll go to a PCT program instead of LPN

They will never phase out the LVN/LPN's never, just check out the employment pages, a CNA can not do everything a LVN can do and in california ,,LVN's make good money! If your a CNA going into the LVN field in california, you start out making 18-23hr,, not bad huh!

stephanie

68 months ago

I don't know what your talking about pertains to but I do TOTALLY agree with you on that comment!!

suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana

68 months ago

A CNA in Terre Haute, IN starts out after a training course of 8 weeks at $8.00/hour. An LPN, depending on where she's working can be anywhere from $9.00 to 15/hour. I think wages are low here for everything though. Rn's are often advertised for $20 on up to 30. We have 3 major hospitals, numerous clinics and several long term care facilities and I don't know how these folks do that kind of work the that low of pay. There is an ad in our paper today for an RN with a $500 sign on bonus and $22/hour plus benefits that employer pays part of. The employee part would amount to 1/3 of the paycheck.

suzanne in Terre Haute, Indiana

68 months ago

You hit the nail on the head. Get this, our unemployment office has stimulus $ from Obama. I can go back to school, I'm a dental hygienist, for 2 years they will pay my tuition and even gas $ because I have been out of work for a year. But my unemployment stops in 6 months. At the end of the 2 year lpn program I'll make $9 to $15 an hour? That's ridicuous!!

joseph in Greenbelt, Maryland

68 months ago

Lauren in Phoenix, Arizona said: i'm an LPN and have been for 25 years I make 22/hour phoenix,Az.[/QUO haw morch thay pay

bobndmel@yahoo.com in Ocoee, Florida

68 months ago

lielite in Newark, New Jersey said: i got out of school and liscenced as LPN 2 yrs ago, and i dont know what you people are talking about. jobs as LPN are VERY EXTREMEMLY HARD TO COME BY, offer crap pay. i know ma's who make more with half the loans to repay, and half the knowlege! LPN SUCKS , I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE, SORRY. i now have 25ooo. debty to pay off and almost impossible to pay it off!

You must not be looking in the right area. I'm taking the 11 month LPN course and have been offered 4 jobs already. I live in Orlando Fl and the pay they are offering is great!!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.