How much is the starting pay for LPN's in Atlanta?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 434)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

suzanne

60 months ago

I just got an alert for a job as an lpn at our major local hospital and it starts out at $13.50/hr with a minimum of 2 yrs.exp. I haven't gone to school yet, but I don't feel like it would be good in my area in IN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

suzanne

60 months ago

I don't want to invest 2 years time, go into debt, live off my savings until they are exhausted to make $13 hour after 2 yrs exp! Something's really wrong with our system. If that is all that's being offered with so many people desparate to have any money at all, people will work for it. Big corporations like our hospital are taking advantage of the times and making a fortune. Also another job open for a pt pt admitting and is $7.50 an hour. Who could even pay rent on that? Let alone eat???

benlpnstudent in Glendale, Arizona

60 months ago

Hi everyone,
My name is Ben, I'm 21 years old and am living in Phoenix, AZ. Starting in August I'm going to be entering a practical nursing prgram at my local community college. Its a 18 month program and after the first 6 months of study I will be allowed to take the state exam to become a CNA. Thats good because I can get experience as a CNA before I actually become an LPN. After I graduate from the program I would like to move to the Seattle, Tacoma area. I need a change from all this summer Arizona heat!
I just have a few questions and hopefully you LPN's in the Seattle area can answer them! With a year of CNA experience does anyone know what my starting pay will be like as a new grad LPN? Will I be able to find a job that pays ATLEAST 15$ an hour so I can make rent? Whats the cost of living like up there? From my research I see that it's much cheaper to live in the suburbs such as Tacoma, Everett, Bellevue, ect. Is this true? Will I be able to find a good job easily? Is there anything else you all think I should know? If someone can please answer me I would really appreciate it

suzanne

60 months ago

xxx, thanks for responding. Sorry, I'm venting about pay in my area. It gets frustrating. I told you unemployment would pay for books and tuition, well today I got their email - I missed the deadline. The school still says the deadline is the 26th. Think that's a coincidence? How could they not know the date to get assistance when they are the ones advertising it is available? I am so fed up, wish I was born rich.

Beckee in Winnipeg, Manitoba

60 months ago

To: bratpak2 in Medicine Hat, Alberta

Hi!(I posted this earlier, but unsure if you got it or not)

We may be moving to Medicine Hat from Winnipeg, and I work in the dialysis unit here. Is your dialysis unit hiring? If not, do they take on casuals?

bratpak2@telus.net in Medicine Hat, Alberta

60 months ago

I'm barely getting enough hours as casual on dialysis - I am working at 3 hospitals just to get full time hours. Not alot available in the Hat. Sorry not much help.

60 months ago

Well at least I know what to expect. Thanks for replying so quickly. In Winnipeg here, there are so many renal patients that we are constantly hiring new nurses. You should move to Winnipeg! ;) I guess I will have to look into other places then. I only need about a .4 Thanks again!

stephanie

60 months ago

I wish I was born rich as we'll. I hope you don't mind I know your not talking to me but I wanted to answer. That does sound like a total crock of s&*t. Sorry you have to go through that.

tamar in Boston, Massachusetts

60 months ago

where i live LPN salary starts at $20 and up....

suzanne

60 months ago

Stephanie, thank-you. Support on this forum is amazing. I try not to say anything to my daughter who is in college (and working part-time). She has some idea what I'm going through, but I keep a good front up when she's around. I learn more everyday that many more are in my shoes as well. I'm going to go to the school and enroll tomorrow and see what they tell me to do about my assistance. Maybe I'll get somewhere in person. Easier to brush someone off over the phone.

stephanie

60 months ago

I hear you. My mom is the very same way with not telling me things she thinks is for my own good. She was real sick for a while never told me just how sick she was till she ended up in the hospital for over a month. She's supposed to be having a laser surgery today. I really hope she's doing better. We live far apart and I work full time and part time and am a full time student so it's pretty hard to be with her like I want to be :( A friend of mine are finding out what books we'll need in our next courses and going online to purchase them at a reduced rate. Maybe you should try that? The amt. that schools charge for books anymore is unrealistic! Hang in there!

suzanne

60 months ago

You definitely have a full plate working and school. I'm sure your mom understands. If you get that website for the books, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.

noor in Calgary, Alberta

60 months ago

I am thinking to become lpn, i already get admission in Bowvelley college. But my aim is RN, is their is any bridge program ttorn after lpn. Please hepl me.thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Yes, Medicine Hat is running it's first Transition course to the RN and it started in September 2008. I have a few fellow grads that are taking it. You do 2 semesters then proceed to a 3rd year undergraduate RN. My fellow grads tell me it's a lot of work, if your young it's perfect because you can still work as an LPN in the summer months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Really? A transition course? It sounds great. I know in Manitoba and Saskatchewan that those are our major issues with going back to school -terrible bridging program. I have considered doing my RN for awhile, but school is so expensive and I have 3 small kids at home, so I am unsure how that would all work. BUT, thanks for telling me! I will definitely be considering something like that. So is it 3 years total? We have accelerated RN courses here for 3 years, but it is all year long. (And doesn't include any consideration for LPNs)Good for Medicine Hat! My fellow LPN's here will be quite jealous to hear it. =)

arlene in Reading, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

sherrill in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: lpn for 2 1/2 yrs 55,ooo/yr

Where do you work in Philly, and do you like it? what department?

arlene in Reading, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

can you tell me how you like your job, where you work in Philly, and what starting lpn rates are? acc5715@aol.com Thanks!

59 months ago

Good to know! Did you finish the course then? Are you able to give me ballpark on what it would cost? Thanks for all the info. We don't even know if we are moving yet, but it is good to be prepared. ;)

59 months ago

I did not do the transition course - I decided I was getting too old, just wanted my life back. You can go online at medicine hat college to get costs of each course. Maybe I'll do it distance through Edmonton. Good Luck

Elaine

59 months ago

sherrill in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: lpn for 2 1/2 yrs 55,ooo/yr

Can you tell us where you are working?

delighted4

59 months ago

yvette30 estremera in Somerdale, New Jersey said: \

You can actually make six digit figures as a LVN in California within the prison system (Mental Health Dept only at 2 DMH Facilities which are Salinas Valley and DMH in Vacaville)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

delighted4

59 months ago

It is true. The position is called MTA(Medical Technical Assistant). MTA's used to be employed throughout the state in all 33 state prisons. A federal receiver came in and reorganized the organizational structure. The federal receiver thought he could save a lot of money. He did not thoroughly understand the MTA function. You see a MTA is a nurse/peace officer(so they really were saving money).
The federal receiver eliminated the position with backing of RN's which was another issue. A lot of RN's did not care for MTA's because they were paid more because of the peace officer status and they were not supervised by RN's. At that time, MTA's were backed by a very powerful union as well. MTA's were faced with more dangerous situations and responded to all alarms.

I believe California State Prison system is the highest paying job for LVN's. By the way, Psych Techs are also MTA's as well in DMH with same pay.

When MTA's left, RN's were left to do many of the jobs that MTA's once held and it became overwhelming for many(I even saw their comments on another forum). However, the Department of Mental Health welcomed MTA's and so several went to the Dept. of Mental Health and maintained their pay along with unlimited overtime.

noor in Calgary, Alberta

59 months ago

thanks bratpak, no one els is here for my help, you solve my big problem.

Heather in Vancouver, Washington

59 months ago

benlpnstudent in Glendale, Arizona said: Hi everyone,
My name is Ben, I'm 21 years old and am living in Phoenix, AZ. Starting in August I'm going to be entering a practical nursing prgram at my local community college. Its a 18 month program and after the first 6 months of study I will be allowed to take the state exam to become a CNA. Thats good because I can get experience as a CNA before I actually become an LPN. After I graduate from the program I would like to move to the Seattle, Tacoma area. I need a change from all this summer Arizona heat!
I just have a few questions and hopefully you LPN's in the Seattle area can answer them! With a year of CNA experience does anyone know what my starting pay will be like as a new grad LPN? Will I be able to find a job that pays ATLEAST 15$ an hour so I can make rent? Whats the cost of living like up there? From my research I see that it's much cheaper to live in the suburbs such as Tacoma, Everett, Bellevue, ect. Is this true? Will I be able to find a good job easily? Is there anything else you all think I should know? If someone can please answer me I would really appreciate it

Hi Ben - I live in Vancouver, WA and am in LPN school currently. I work as a CNA and started at $11.00/hr and made more when I because Nurse Delegated (required to pass meds in WA state). My facility (long term care/rehab) starts new LPNs at $19.00/hr; more for experienced LPNs. I've never seen any jobs that advertised less than $15.00/hr - most aren't even less than $17.00/hr. Just don't expect to work in anything other than long term care or hospice if you're just starting out...hospitals hire mostly RNs and/or very experienced LPNs. Hope that helps...we are about 2 1/2 hours south of Seattle, and from what I can tell, it's mostly the same up there. If you don't have to be directly in Seattle, nearby Bellevue has one of our facilities and they pay more. Also, I see a LOT of ads for the Olympia Area.

peppersteakin in Crestview, Florida

59 months ago

14-15 to start in the Fl Panhandle (at a n.home)Im up to 15.97 now after a couple yrs.(But unfortun. cant leave here d/t kids needing to stay at the same school)Nursing agencies will pay me 18-20 to work at a nursing home.

XXX in Jersey City, New Jersey

59 months ago

peppersteakin in Crestview, Florida said: 14-15 to start in the Fl Panhandle (at a n.home)Im up to 15.97 now after a couple yrs.(But unfortun. cant leave here d/t kids needing to stay at the same school)Nursing agencies will pay me 18-20 to work at a nursing home.

thats trash

ashlie2144 in Fairfield, California

59 months ago

mzjoi2u in Sacramento, California said: Thanks hlt3 from the atl for the information,,, my goal is to move to the atl from cali,,but 1rst, i gotta get my lvn from here at kaplan college.. its a 10 month program.

Hi i am trying to get into the kaplan lvn prgram starting in october.. i thought it was a year program. are you in the program now? if so do you like it? how much is it. i was told around 26k. any info from you about this school would be greatly appreciated!!!

59 months ago

XXX in North Bergen, New Jersey said: 15-20 per hour is pathetic in about half the states, see my previous comments!!!!!!!!

15-20 is not pathetic. you have to crawl before you walk. iam a medical asst. in Ca. i make 18 dollars an hour and have excellent benefits. iam currently looking into lvn schools out here and hopefully get into kaplan or csi. alot of the lvns here make around 20-25 and hour starting out. i believe if you are only focusing on the money than maybe you are looking into the wrong career field. Being a NURSE isnt about the money. you need to have the heart to be there for your pts. the joy of making someone feel comfortable and well taken care of should be rewarding even if you only make 15 like some do in certain states. becoming an RN for some is more rewarding. for myself i have been an m.a. for 3 years and i KNOW for a fact that all i want to do is bedside. it is good to be paid a good paycheck . right now i bring home 1160 after taxes being an m.a. and i still by coach,juicy,true religion have a 2007 vw and still have money to blow a month..... just saying.

59 months ago

delighted4 said:

REALLY??? lol. thats really good. especially since i live 11 miles away.. thats sounds good. lvn's desreve that!!

delighted4

59 months ago

ashlie2144 in Fairfield, California said: REALLY??? lol. thats really good. especially since i live 11 miles away.. thats sounds good. lvn's desreve that!!

Ashley2114 ....before you start the program, make sure they are certified. You can check the CA state board web site. Good luck.

dj in Hampton, Georgia

58 months ago

Fredzv Vogedes in Portland, Oregon said: never say never.

I'll be moving to austin tx in two months, can anyone tell me hourly rate for an lpn there.no experience

danaisha in Fort Irwin, California

57 months ago

Sheika what types of places did you talk to... cause between 18-22 is exactly what Im looking for.. If you would get back to me

nicey in Florissant, Missouri

57 months ago

holly brotherton in Archie, Missouri said: i am a CNA, i am going to go to school fro LPN but was wondering what the start pay was in missouri, if anybody out there knows!!!

i make 18.25 can go as high as 23.00

nicey in Florissant, Missouri

57 months ago

missouri LPN's

sharonda in New Orleans, Louisiana

57 months ago

Tamaria in Atlanta, Georgia said: what is the difference between a MA and LPN, like what's the pay difference , i already know they're both 1 or 2 year programs for the diploma

hello the difference between MA and LPN's there is no a big difference.Except in pay MA don't make much more than cna. unless you work in a private office. LPN you have more job oppourtunities you also give meds, starts IV's etc... LPN's make good money and you can become aRN in two years are less beiga LPN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maggie in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

57 months ago

Carrie in Spencer, Massachusetts said: I just graduated LPN school in June 2008 Just got my first job this month and I am hired at $24.00/hr $1.50 differential for weekends.

what state are are you right now? I would like to know $24.00/hr not bad, I am an lpn and i make $20.00/hr

dj in Jonesboro, Georgia

57 months ago

nurses always get a better pay up north than the south. Does any one knows how much they start new lpn in austin tx?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

peppersteakin in Crestview, Florida

57 months ago

I just left an lpn position at a panhandle nursing home;4yrs/15.97,for prn work @ the correctional inst. @ 21/hr,and private duty home sitting with Maxim home care @ 16.Not the best pay @ 16 but its one on one with a fairly easy case 12 hr shifts.

Poochie36 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

57 months ago

I have been a LPN for 6 years in Virginia. My first LPN job, I made 13.00 an hour. TO me that was alot of money. I was CNA for 10 years, I made 10.50 an hour. My current job I make only 17.89 an hour. Virginia do not their nurses much. When I lived in North Carolina I made 24.00 an hour first shift. I'm thinking about going back to NC after I finish my RN online. My advised go back to school to get your RN when the time is right for you. May god bless and your future plans.

XXX in Newark, New Jersey

57 months ago

Poochie36 in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: I have been a LPN for 6 years in Virginia. My first LPN job, I made 13.00 an hour. TO me that was alot of money. I was CNA for 10 years, I made 10.50 an hour. My current job I make only 17.89 an hour. Virginia do not their nurses much. When I lived in North Carolina I made 24.00 an hour first shift. I'm thinking about going back to NC after I finish my RN online. My advised go back to school to get your RN when the time is right for you. May god bless and your future plans.

id move too...18 per hour is pathetic!!!lol...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

meghan in Winter Haven, Florida

57 months ago

I was wondering if anyone knows how much an LPN make in Winter Haven Florida or Even places in North Carolina .. THANKS

makori in Minneapolis, Minnesota

57 months ago

Greta in Atlanta, Georgia said: I make $16 per hour as a MA.

I've been a lpn for 14 years in mn and i am make 25 per hour.

Lil_Nurse in Port Huron, Michigan

57 months ago

Pam Monaghan in Gallatin, Tennessee said: I'm a healthcare recruiter in Nashville, and I am currently searching for an LPN for a behavioral health facility, we pay $15-19/hr based on experience. That is usually the average that we pay for LPN's in facilities.

Hello,
I'm planning to move to Tennessee here, pretty soon, within the next 6 mos., I'm an LPN at a Substance Abuse Treatment Center, in Michigan. Have been at this job for 3 yrs, do admissions, detox unit, as well as other duties.
Please let me know if you may still have openings at that time.
Thank you,
Betty

Cindy in Griffin, Georgia

57 months ago

debbie in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: Is this average pay for an lpn with 25 years experience? I am on a waiting list for lpn school, 1 year wait, and I am 48 years old. Should I take another direction?

I started school at 48 years old after raising all my kids. I graduated in Dec. 2008, took the NCLEX Exam in March '09 and am still looking for a job. There are not near as many LPN jobs as there are RN jobs. If I had it to do over, I would pursue an RN program.

I just turn 50 and if I pursued RN school now, it would take me another 2 years because of all the core that is needed. Most of the LPN core will not transfer for RN school although I could actually do a 1 year bridge program into RN school because of having my LPN license. That would not be bad in itself but I need 9 core classes first.

Really wish I had of pursued all of this earlier in life, even if I took a few core classes over 2 or 3 years. To all of you younger people out there reading this, DON'T do LPN course.... go for your RN! The pay is almost double what an LPN would make.

jme in Friday Harbor, Washington

57 months ago

Cathy in Orlando, Florida said: It's been been about 10 months since I've graduated from nusing school as an LPN. I can't find a job right now to save my life (especially when I can't work on Saturdays or Friday nights). I moved to Orlando but I see that it's no difference here. Now I feel that I need more training because of the big gap without any experience. Can anyone tell me what is my best bet? Does anyone have any specific advise? Now I'm enrolled at UCF and I'm tempted change my major.

I cant believe that there are places where lpns cant find jobs. Wheeeeeeeeew!
I started 5 years ago in AL @11/hr,in a hospital. I moved to AZ and got 21/hr in nursing home, c 1.5yrs experience. Now, I have been in WA for a year. I get 25/hr plus pay in lieu of benefits. So, its like 29.75/hr. Each 2 weeks ,I get 2-3 thousand bucks, depending on my overtime. They begged me to come to this place online,then over the phone. Its also easy work in this facility.

jme in Friday Harbor, Washington

57 months ago

Poochie36 in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: I have been a LPN for 6 years in Virginia. My first LPN job, I made 13.00 an hour. TO me that was alot of money. I was CNA for 10 years, I made 10.50 an hour. My current job I make only 17.89 an hour. Virginia do not their nurses much. When I lived in North Carolina I made 24.00 an hour first shift. I'm thinking about going back to NC after I finish my RN online. My advised go back to school to get your RN when the time is right for you. May god bless and your future plans.

I was looking online trying to find out how much nursing home lpns make in nc. Could you tell me where you worked in N.c?

XXX in Jersey City, New Jersey

57 months ago

jme in Friday Harbor, Washington said: I was looking online trying to find out how much nursing home lpns make in nc. Could you tell me where you worked in N.c?

hey Poochie36;
i was curious the same thing about what kind of facility , and in what city you were making $$24 per hour as LPN? im curious about the conditions down south.. thanks

nicole in Frederick, Maryland

56 months ago

2banurse in Baltimore, Maryland said: would like to but the md community colleges seem to have so many requirements. You have to complete your pre reqs first then you can apply to the program. After you apply, you may get in or you may not. They also only admit nursing students in the fall semesters. So if I am not finished everything (pre req) this year I can't apply until fall of 2010 which means I may or may not get in for the fall 2011. I am a single parent of a 1 year old. I would love to get the training now, start working, and finish up with my RN while working. Do you know of any other programs? I am willing to commute.

I don't know how far you are but check into anne arundel community college. They start in the spring.

LPN2BE09 in Hollywood, Florida

56 months ago

sherrill in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: lpn for 2 1/2 yrs 55,ooo/yr[/QUO
HEY I WAS JUST WONDER WHERE DO YOU WORK... IN NURSING HOME, HOSPITAL, WITH AN AGENCY... I THATS ALOT OF MONEY FOR AN LPN. ALSO WHERE IN PHILLY DO YOU LIVE.

THANKS VERY MUCH!

ief90361 in Waterbury, Connecticut

56 months ago

LPNs fresh out of school (this includes shift differential, in a LTC facility) can start anywhere from $20-$23/hr. This is a good starting rate, but the LPN should go for their RN as soon as possible. Better pay, more employment options and career opportunities await you once you become a RN. Many schools will, if you've worked as a LPN for a year or two, place you right into a RN program so you're not on a waiting list to get in. Check with the colleges' admissions office for more information.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.