no lpn job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

bethanyham in Hamilton, Ohio

58 months ago

hi i graduated lpn school in june 2008. i took my nclex and passed in november 2008. i cannot find a job anywhere. i want to stay within 40 miles of my home. i have an associates degree in medical assisting and have worked as a medical assistant for about 8 months and i have 2 years experience as a pharmacy tech. i have all these things on my resume, but no one will give me a chance. all the nursing homes, home health agencies, and i even tried the doctors offices want people with more experience. i am willing to work any shift but they still want nurses with experience. how am i suppose to get any experience if no one will give me a chance? help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RebeccaGreen in Cleveland, Ohio

58 months ago

Don't feel bad. It's crazy right?

I've often wondered how to get experience if no one will give it to you.

I've been your situation since I graduated with a bachelor's.

Everyone wants someone with experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hiwi in Washington, District of Columbia

58 months ago

do volenteer work in hospitals... that is the way to get in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Tampa, Florida

58 months ago

Do volunteer work as an LPN???? And at a hospital???? I wouldn't. She probably couldn't get a job as a volunteer either - simply because of insurance liability, workers' comp. etc. Besides, those corporations should have paid internships and not expect someone to work for free.

What you might think of doi

ng though is volunteer 15 hours a week at a not-for-profit place, maybe a Veterans Hospital, Shriners, St. Jude Children's Hospital, while you work on your RN certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.