online classes

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 480)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

christina in Tampa, Florida

73 months ago

Is this "independent college" the name of the school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

christina in Tampa, Florida

73 months ago

kcronberg in port richey, Florida said: hey there

i was looking through this forum and wanted to know if they have lpn classes for the state of fl online? i could not find anything on the florida board of nursing website..,, any help would be appreciated

kristie

I was wondering if anyone ever gave you any info on your message. I am also in the New Port Richey, FL area. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kristie in Panama City, Florida

73 months ago

no they havent but i have seen plenty of posts that anything online is not what you want

madori001 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

73 months ago

Whats the name of the school that allows you to do EMT to LPN online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

madori001 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

73 months ago

Do you have a web address for Independent College?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Bronx, New York

73 months ago

I don't remember the name but I just used the search engine and thats what came up

smidwife in Memphis, Tennessee

73 months ago

It is independence university

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

smidwife in Memphis, Tennessee

73 months ago

I think excelsior college will allow you to enter into the as degree if you have a emt license

LINDA VEAL

72 months ago

I HAVE BEEN A CNA FOR 23 YEARS, IN MY OPINION THEIR IS SO MUCH HANDS ON THINGS YOU AS A STUDENT WOULD NEED TO LEARN, SO WATCH OUT FOR THOSE ONLINE LPN COURSES.ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE IN THE HEALTHCARE SETTING I JUST FEEL LIKE IT WOULD BETTER TO ATTEND A CLASS EVEN IF IT IS PARTIME. IHAVE A HUSBAND ,KIDS AND I WORK SO TRUST ME FOR ALL THOSE EAGER AND READY TO GET STARTED I FEEL YOUR PAIN.IT S BETTER TO TAKE IT SLOW AND DOO WELL .PATIENCE GUYS NURSING WILL BE AROUND FOR A LONG TIME AND THE DEMAND IN FLORIDA IS SO HIGH. BE CAREFUL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LINDA VEAL

72 months ago

fendi in Paterson, New Jersey said: send me the info too please

HAY BE CAREFUL OF THOSE ONLINE CLASSES IF YOU HAVE BEEN A CNA FOR AWHILE TRUST ME I KNOW EXACTLY HOW U FEEL ANXIOUS AND READY TO GET STARTED.I MYSELF HAVE A FAMILY AND I WORK .IT HAS TKEN ME 6 YRS GOIN PARTIME BUT I AM FINALLY STARTING MY NURSING CLASSES IN THE FALL SO FAR SO GOOD THE POINT IS IT S BETTER TO TAKE IT SLOW, DONT OVERWHELM YOUSELF.AND YOU GOTTA NO ALL THE HAND ON SKILLS YOU NEED AS AN LPN.THINK ABOUT IS THIS FOR REAL OR IS THEY JUST TRYIN TO MAKE A PROFIT. I HAVE BEEN A CNA FOR 25YEARS AND IM 45YRS OF AGE.SMILE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

eloyce in Goodyear, Arizona

71 months ago

I wish there were online course for lpn. I do not have a lot of money

to keep going to school for things that lead to a dead end CNA work is

dead job to know where. The nursing home do pay us right. We get called

out of our names and have to work all the hoildays. I wish every one well

I wish I had a way out. I just went to school for dental assistant only to
be told you need more skills.

smidwife in Fredericksburg, Virginia

71 months ago

Minnsota online has a LPN program online, but you must do your clinicals at their school. That means traveling to Minnesota. Distance Minnesota online is what you can google to find there website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

georgie in Vancouver, British Columbia

71 months ago

eloyce in Goodyear, Arizona said: I wish there were online course for lpn. I do not have a lot of money

to keep going to school for things that lead to a dead end CNA work is

dead job to know where. The nursing home do pay us right. We get called

out of our names and have to work all the hoildays. I wish every one well

I wish I had a way out. I just went to school for dental assistant only to
be told you need more skills.

hello
i totally agree with u. i have worked as an lpn for a few years.
got pregnant and bought a house etc. so later on as the baby years grew i could not find an lpn job, but i kept my lpn lic.# up. well then i had to work as a care aide.. had another baby and as the baby years grew again i looked into updating my lpn courses. i got so busy with the kids etc. and still worked as a care aide. 22 years later as a care aide. i got kicked by a patient and this person took my knee cap out. so being on disability i got a office job at the same hospital. i really really miss nursing.. i am looking into updating my lpn but i am sure if i can. i would love to teach care aides in the future. but with my injury i can no longer bend it has put my nursing career on hold. to change the subject i meet a girl online from mississippi. i helped her to find an lpn course on line. i sent 200 or so emails to all the colleges and schools in the states. i have rec'd so much feedback. so if i can help u any way plse email me
truly georgie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tete1066 in New York, New York

71 months ago

do you remeber the name of the online lpn school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Fredericksburg, Virginia

71 months ago

Distance Minnesota online. When you get to this site click on programs and proceed down to LPN program.

tete1066 in New York, New York

71 months ago

THANKS

Danielle in Knoxville, Tennessee

71 months ago

Could you get me some info please. I live in Tennessee. Thanks Danielle

memo in Dallas, Texas

71 months ago

georgie in Vancouver, British Columbia said: hello
got pregnant and bought a house etc. so later on as the baby years grew i could not find an lpn job, but i kept my lpn lic.# up. well then i had to work as a care aide.. had another baby and as the baby years grew again i looked into updating my lpn courses. i got so busy with the kids etc. and still worked as a care aide. 22 years later as a care aide. i got kicked by a patient and this person took my knee cap out. so being on disability i got a office job at the same hospital. i really really miss nursing.. i am looking into updating my lpn but i am sure if i can. i would love to teach care aides in the future. but with my injury i can no longer bend it has put my nursing career on hold. to change the subject i meet a girl online from mississippi. i helped her to find an lpn course on line. i sent 200 or so emails to all the colleges and schools in the states. i have rec'd so much feedback. so if i can help u any way plse email me
truly georgie

Hi sorry to hear about you not good incident.I hope you gain your strengh back enough to go back to work,nursing is great.Well am also interested in the online nursing programme coz i have lots of issues in my life.I just dropped out of rn school on my 3rd semestar and instead of giving up am thinking of doing lvn then bridge later.Do you have any infor?am very determined to do it.Thanks

karen

70 months ago

Can u please tell me the name of the lpn school online in Florida?

christina in Holiday, Florida said: Do you know where this school is that you could get your lpn online for FLORIDA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

micky in Westminster, Maryland

70 months ago

i'm trying to find lpn courses online in marylandand i've found very little anyone have a suggestion as to where else i could look or call because i am out of ideas! please email me if you have a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated!

ronnie in Saint Petersburg, Florida

70 months ago

I am an LPN in St Petersburg Fl and as far as I know there are no courses you can take online.....you have to go to an actual nursing school.....in person.I don't know who is coming up with this info, unless I'm maybe out of touch with something new that is being tried? Licensed Practical Nursing is mostly learning hands on, clinical methods and you cannot learn that online......Ronnie, LPN in Florida

Sharon in Fredericksburg, Virginia

70 months ago

Distance minnesota online for LPN. Click on programs and scroll down to A.S degree

Marci in New Castle, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

I found this press release the other day. I thought it might be of some interest to those here. I, too, have been looking for a hybrid LPN program (classes online/clinicals onsite). This program would be for CNA's, medication aides, etc wanting to become LPN's. I hope this helps.
www.rueed.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=news.home&itemID=54&type=1&menusection=8&subsection=120

70 months ago

Please.....all cna's out there!......I realize people are stressed, raising families, and in a need for more time, but to go from cna to an lpn you have to go to an "acredited" tech school, these places that claim to offer lpn courses online are just money makers that charge you an arm and a leg for their "materials" and you cannot get around clinicals, that is 85% of "practical" nursing and I don't know of any tech school that will accept someone that has done their clinicals online, and personally, would you want a Doctor or Surgeon who did their schooling online? I wouldn't.........LPN in Florida
- Show quoted text -

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 11:20 AM, <forums@indeed.com> wrote:

Forums > Job > LPN
Reply posted to online classes

I found this press release the other day. I thought it might be of some interest to those here. I, too, have been looking for a hybrid LPN program (classes online/clinicals onsite). This program would be for CNA's, medication aides, etc wanting to become LPN's. I hope this helps.
www.rueed.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=news.home&itemID=54&type=1&menusection=8&subsection=120
Reply - View Comments

Marci in New Castle, Pennsylvania

This Forum Alert is brought to you by Indeed.com.

Cancel this alert.

--
Have a wonderfully stimulating day!
Rhonda Feldman

camillia in Englewood, Colorado

70 months ago

got pregnant and bought a house etc. so later on as the baby years grew i could not find an lpn job, but i kept my lpn lic.# up. well then i had to work as a care aide.. had another baby and as the baby years grew again i looked into updating my lpn courses. i got so busy with the kids etc. and still worked as a care aide. 22 years later as a care aide. i got kicked by a patient and this person took my knee cap out. so being on disability i got a office job at the same hospital. i really really miss nursing.. i am looking into updating my lpn but i am sure if i can. i would love to teach care aides in the future. but with my injury i can no longer bend it has put my nursing career on hold. to change the subject i meet a online from mississippi. i helped her to find an lpn course on line. i sent 200 or so emails to all the colleges and schools in the states. i have rec'd so much feedback. so if i can help u any way plse email me
truly georgie

Hello my name is Camillia and I am interested in transitioning from a cna to an LPN. If you can guide me in the right direction for an online lpn course I would greatly appreciate it my email address is camilliac@hotmail.com thankyou.

Jennifer

70 months ago

raven said: where can i go to get lpn classes online i am a cna and pharm.tech was working as a med.ward clerk but can not find a school that will do this in mississippi

I have been going crazy looking for online LPN classes. I don't understand why you can take RN, CNA, CMA, RT, PHARM TECH and others online, but not LPN. It makes me mad. I am a single mother that has to work and can't afford to not work and go to school right now unless I take out a huge loan that I'll have to repay for 20 years.
Did you have any luck with finding LPN online in another state? Please help me out. I live in Mississippi

Jennifer

70 months ago

truly georgie

if you have anything that would help me out in mississippi it would be great. I am a 27 y/o certified medical assistant. I'm tired of being someones assistant, and the money sucks..BAD
Jennifer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Go to your local Technical school like every Lpn that I know and work with......again.....there are no short cuts getting your Lpn.....please believe me....lol....been an Lpn for 9 years!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

2Sexy in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

67 months ago

ronnie in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: Go to your local Technical school like every Lpn that I know and work with......again.....there are no short cuts getting your Lpn.....please believe me....lol....been an Lpn for 9 years!

Actually, I agree with the poster Jennifer. They could easily develop more LPN programs online and just have people to do their clinicals onsite because most of the coursework is "book" work with the LPN program. If they have other health care programs online, they should develop more nursing programs online. Eventually it will come to that because of the critical nursing shortage. The way technology is advancing it will come to that. There are so many universities across the nation that have already developed bachelor programs online.

Danielle in Knoxville, Tennessee

67 months ago

kind of on the same page, does anyone know if you can take the NET test online for the LPN program? I live in Tennessee. Thanks

Sherri in Montgomery Village, Maryland

67 months ago

micky in Westminster, Maryland said: i'm trying to find lpn courses online in marylandand i've found very little anyone have a suggestion as to where else i could look or call because i am out of ideas! please email me if you have a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated!

Hello. I live in Gaithersburg, MD & was wondering the same thing. Have you recieved any info?

Sherri in Montgomery Village, Maryland

67 months ago

Barbara McNeil in Greenville, South Carolina said: I keep hearing that you can take online classes for LPN but no one can tell me where. I talked to a guy at Virginia State he said I could do it online but I would have to come there to do my clinicals. Is there any body out there know of any schools that offer LPN classes online and will let you do clinicals in your own state? If anyone knows of any schools please let me know. I have just started my own business and I just dont have time to go sit in a class room.

Would you mind telling me what school and/or where in VA that you were told you could do online & clinicals in VA for LPN?

sharon in Lake Worth, Florida

67 months ago

Distance Minnesota Online College, but u have to do clinical s there also.

67 months ago

Barbara McNeil in Greenville, South Carolina said: I keep hearing that you can take online classes for LPN but no one can tell me where. I talked to a guy at Virginia State he said I could do it online but I would have to come there to do my clinicals. Is there any body out there know of any schools that offer LPN classes online and will let you do clinicals in your own state? If anyone knows of any schools please let me know. I have just started my own business and I just dont have time to go sit in a class room.

Can you tell me who you spoke with in Virginia in refference to online line classes for LPN? Thanks.

66 months ago

Can you tell me who you spoke with in Virgina State College

Wanda in Marietta, Georgia

66 months ago

karen chevannes in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Wanda, can u please send me the online LPN school that was helpful to you?

I don't think there's one that actually exist. Still have not found any information on this.
I am enrolled in school,Because my options ran out.

66 months ago

truly georgie

Please help me. I am a CNA/PCT for the past 17 years. I live in the Atlanta area. Is there anything close to me.Alabama could commute there too.
Thank you,
Wanda

Chaz

66 months ago

There is a school in Minnesota that offer classes(LPN)online but you would have to travel there for your clinicals. (www.distance.minnesota.edu)

tete1066 in Springfield Gardens, New York

66 months ago

Does anyone live in Atlanta Georgia and attend nursing school? I'm looking all over for a nursing school and I'm willing to relocate Florida, Atlanta,Ohio. Need some information?? or helpful suggestions

BEAUTY25 in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

Cna for 23yrs is a long time, you should have been a Dr. by now.

i would say to a person who is a CNA or EMT for less than 5yrs to hurry up and further there education if it's on line or not. 23yrs is a long time, there are people who have family to take care of.

66 months ago

Patricia Do you know her number?

Dahlia in New York, New York

66 months ago

smidwife in Red House, Virginia said: Yes you can take online LPN school from Distance Minnesota!!!

I will like to start the online LPN program

Thanks,
Dahlia

Patricia in Newark, New Jersey

65 months ago

Email her at WAHTC5650@aol.com

jennifer39211 in Jackson, Mississippi

65 months ago

esha in Odenton, Maryland said: actually you can take lpn classes online in certain states like idaho,florida,texas,etc but maybe not in your state academics are done online but clinicals are setup in your area

Do You Know the names of the schools in those states that offer thenm the schools here in mississippi waiting list after you finish your prequtes is a year to 2 years

deborah in Brooklyn, New York

65 months ago

i contacted minesota distance online here's what the rep told me 1. its a two year course, 2. you must have a current CNA license no certificate will be excepted 3. you will have time to get your CNA license if you dont have it 4. first year you will not do clinicals but second year you are expected to go to hospital and do your clinicals such as IV certification and more in a hospital in minesota. 5. expect to be there 3 to 4 weeks. to finish all this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

65 months ago

Jennifer said: I have been going crazy looking for online LPN classes. I don't understand why you can take RN, CNA, CMA, RT, PHARM TECH and others online, but not LPN. It makes me mad. I am a single mother that has to work and can't afford to not work and go to school right now unless I take out a huge loan that I'll have to repay for 20 years.
Did you have any luck with finding LPN online in another state? Please help me out. I live in Mississippi

The only RN straight online programs available are LPN-RN or RN-BSN. So you already have to be nurse first. Trust me it IS worth it to become an LPN through a brick and mortar school. There are sooo many clinical hours required for LPN, usually even more than for RN. Plus nursing is very strictly regulated by each state. Try finding a PT program if you can, move if you need to, find government programs to help you out finacially, bottom line is you will have to make some sacrifices to become a nurse if it is your dream.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Arlington, Texas

65 months ago

Tammy said: Regency College in NY and College Network are both online LPN programs. But check with your State LPN licensing board first. Good Luck!

Regents College in NY is now called Excelsior College. They do not have online LPN programs. They do offer an online LPN-RN program for students who are already LPNs. College Network is not a college, it is just an pricey publishing company that makes study guides and texts for Excelsior. It is not necessary to use the College Network.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

oada73 in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

truly georgie

Sorry about ur accident. I'll like to receive some information on online lpn/nursing programs. I pray u feel better and achieve ur goals. Thanks in advance.

Lindsey Wright in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

Hello,
Ive been looking an searching so hard to find a lpn program online. For the last year and no luck at all. If you have any information about a school online for lpn can you please share it with me. Im from Brenham, Texas a small country town please help. god bless & thank you for you time
lindsey Wright

sasi in Saint Paul, Minnesota

64 months ago

Hi
I am intrested in doing LPN course but i dont have any idea except that i found few institute where i can learn it.
Can anybody plz help how do i start.
i have time but not lost of money so much much would be the average expense. i completed my high school 10 yrs back.
How do i start.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.