Comments (101 to 150 of 480)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

lati in Saint Paul, Minnesota

70 months ago

how much does it cost foe the entire course

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wildcats in Enterprise, Alabama

70 months ago

Patricia in Newark, New Jersey said: If you live in Atlanta GA call Myrtha Oyenuga she's got an LPN program.

is this a college?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

smidwife in Stafford, Virginia

70 months ago

wildcats in Enterprise, Alabama said: is this a college?

I assume this course is not online?

wildcats in Enterprise, Alabama

70 months ago

smidwife in Memphis, Tennessee said: Go to Distance Minnesota and click on Prospective Students skim down to practical nursing AAS degree and it will take you to the course out-line

do you know anyone that has done this program online? can you tell me how they liked it, did they do well?

thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smidwife in Stafford, Virginia

70 months ago

I myself was going to go through this program, but decided not to go that rought due to finishing my student midwifery births towards the narm exam. That was the only reason I didn't go through with it. I don't know of anyone who has went through this program, but I have talked with the nurse admin, and she is very helpfull with any questions regarding this program. I am sure she would be glad to connect you with rior students who has finished her course.

wildcat in Enterprise, Alabama

70 months ago

smidwife in Stafford, Virginia said: I myself was going to go through this program, but decided not to go that rought due to finishing my student midwifery births towards the narm exam. That was the only reason I didn't go through with it. I don't know of anyone who has went through this program, but I have talked with the nurse admin, and she is very helpfull with any questions regarding this program. I am sure she would be glad to connect you with rior students who has finished her course.

Thanks so much!!!

Sarah in Pikeville, Tennessee

70 months ago

I'm looking for a LPN course online. Can anyone help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ladyfriend in Oak Park, Illinois

70 months ago

Chamberlain College of Nursing in Ohio offers an online associate RN for non-nurses. You have to do your clinicals there and they can help find housing. Very little or few prerequisites.

Amanda in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

georgie in Vancouver, British Columbia said: hello
i totally agree with u. i have worked as an lpn for a few years.
got pregnant and bought a house etc. so later on as the baby years grew i could not find an lpn job, but i kept my lpn lic.# up. well then i had to work as a care aide.. had another baby and as the baby years grew again i looked into updating my lpn courses. i got so busy with the kids etc. and still worked as a care aide. 22 years later as a care aide. i got kicked by a patient and this person took my knee cap out. so being on disability i got a office job at the same hospital. i really really miss nursing.. i am looking into updating my lpn but i am sure if i can. i would love to teach care aides in the future. but with my injury i can no longer bend it has put my nursing career on hold. to change the subject i meet a girl online from mississippi. i helped her to find an lpn course on line. i sent 200 or so emails to all the colleges and schools in the states. i have rec'd so much feedback. so if i can help u any way plse email me
truly georgie

Georgie, I have been a maedical assistant for over 25 years and interested in online LPN classes but can not find any and most onsite classes there is a 2 year waiting period. Could you please email me with the results of your search. I am going crazy trying to find these so called online classes alot of them keep coming up for medical assistant courses. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, Amanda
mandis9669@comcast.net

tete1066 in Springfield Gardens, New York

69 months ago

Patricia in Newark, New Jersey said: If you live in Atlanta GA call Myrtha Oyenuga she's got an LPN program.

Who and where is this person. I'mtrying to get into Emory University in ATL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ashleigh in Bonifay, Florida

69 months ago

tete1066 in Springfield Gardens, New York said: Who and where is this person. I'mtrying to get into Emory University in ATL.

Hey! let me know if you find out anything about this person. my email is ashleighmccullough@hotmail.com

tete1066 in Springfield Gardens, New York

69 months ago

SURE THING!

ashleigh in Enterprise, Alabama

69 months ago

tete1066 in Springfield Gardens, New York said: SURE THING!

Thanks so much!!!!

sweet k in birmingham, Alabama

69 months ago

Hello Georgie! I live in Birmingham, Al. I am currently working as a PCA. I have been doing this about 3 1/2 years. I have been to college off and on since 1999. I should have had a degree by now but I was lacking motivation and I was trying to work and go to school. But anyway I need to get a degree asap. I have taken all the nursing prereqs except a&p 2 and micro. I have a hold on my transcripts at the first college I attended because I enrolled in classes but due to an unexpected illness of a family member I could not attend that semester but because I didnt withdraw they want me to pay for those classes so therefore that is hindering me from applying at other colleges. I currently have an EMT licensure which I obtained in the military but do not work in that field. I was wondering if you could find me a school in alabama that has the EMT to LPN program.

marky in Chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

Jennifer said: I have been going crazy looking for online LPN classes. I don't understand why you can take RN, CNA, CMA, RT, PHARM TECH and others online, but not LPN. It makes me mad. I am a single mother that has to work and can't afford to not work and go to school right now unless I take out a huge loan that I'll have to repay for 20 years.
Did you have any luck with finding LPN online in another state? Please help me out. I live in Mississippi

there ia a school try googling the Minnay institute and u will find it. This is just in case u still have not found a school.

69 months ago

Sarah in Pikeville, Tennessee said: I'm looking for a LPN course online. Can anyone help me?

The Minnay Institute has an online LPN program and an RN too. Google minnay Institute.

69 months ago

For those wanting to do the LPN program online there is a program with the Minnay Institute but you have to pay out of pocket but I'm sure payment plans can be arranged. Also for those talking about the distance learning progran for LPN's online in Minn. I was not able to find it it seems like some people are not sharing enough info about this school because it seems very hard to find. There is another school in Texas but u have to do your clinicals in Texas theschool iscalled NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE in Gainesville Tx. I hope this helps. I also heard about a program in NC but u must do your clinicals at the college on weekends its called the Davidson Community College just call them. At the Minnay u can email them and they will email you back,they also have a CNA to LVN program. I don't understand why some people make it seem so hard for other people when you are so-called trying to help them, just make it plain and easy for them to understand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

tete1066 in Brooklyn, New York

69 months ago

Thanks for your info it was very helpful. I also heard about this LPN program in Califonia where you do everthing by mail. You mail in your course work from all your classes but then you may have to fly to Cali. to take your boards. Don't know the name of the school sorry!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

You may be talking about taking the Pharmacy class for the Method 3. And by the way they contacted me for the school in Minn. If you google CNA to LVN u will see what i'm talking about,the lady named Anna is very informative,now is it something else u are talking about because I heard about the method 3 where u can challenge the LVN boards.

69 months ago

But I would like to know info about that one if u don't mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Hello Georgie! I live in Birmingham, Al. I am currently working as a PCA. I have been doing this about 3 1/2 years. I have been to college off and on since 1999. I should have had a degree by now but I was lacking motivation and I was trying to work and go to school. But anyway I need to get a degree asap. I have taken all the nursing prereqs except a&p 2 and micro. I have a hold on my transcripts at the first college I attended because I enrolled in classes but due to an unexpected illness of a family member I could not attend that semester but because I didnt withdraw they want me to pay for those classes so therefore that is hindering me from applying at other colleges. I currently have an EMT licensure which I obtained in the military but do not work in that field. I was wondering if you could find me a school in alabama that has the EMT to LPN program

georgie in Vancouver, British Columbia said: hello
i totally agree with u. i have worked as an lpn for a few years.
got pregnant and bought a house etc. so later on as the baby years grew i could not find an lpn job, but i kept my lpn lic.# up. well then i had to work as a care aide.. had another baby and as the baby years grew again i looked into updating my lpn courses. i got so busy with the kids etc. and still worked as a care aide. 22 years later as a care aide. i got kicked by a patient and this person took my knee cap out. so being on disability i got a office job at the same hospital. i really really miss nursing.. i am looking into updating my lpn but i am sure if i can. i would love to teach care aides in the future. but with my injury i can no longer bend it has put my nursing career on hold. to change the subject i meet a girl online from mississippi. i helped her to find an lpn course on line. i sent 200 or so emails to all the colleges and schools in the states. i have rec'd so much feedback. so if i can help u any way plse email me
truly georgie

ashleigh in Enterprise, Alabama

68 months ago

hey there! did u ever get a hld of that lady in atlanta that has the program???

sandra in Brooklyn, New York

68 months ago

Barbara McNeil in Greenville, South Carolina said: I keep hearing that you can take online classes for LPN but no one can tell me where. I talked to a guy at Virginia State he said I could do it online but I would have to come there to do my clinicals. Is there any body out there know of any schools that offer LPN classes online and will let you do clinicals in your own state? If anyone knows of any schools please let me know. I have just started my own business and I just dont have time to go sit in a class room.

Can you provide me with the name and number of the person in virgina you spoke with I would love to know about the classes online and how long would it take

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marky in Chicago, Illinois

68 months ago

There is no LPN school that will let you take a class online and not do the clinicals in their state, that sound absorbed. It doesn't make sense. Now the Minnay Institute has online LPN but they don't offer clinicals they only offer the Method three program,but I heard the program doesn't guarantee employment. Most places are looking to hire LPN's who went to school and did clinicals.And besides to do the Method 3 you will have to go thru the California board and actually take the boards in the state of CA. You're asking for something that cannot be done now if you were doing LPN- RN I could see your point,but no one can take an LPN online and not expect to do clinicals with the school they are taking the class at even online.

68 months ago

Also Barbara I just remembered there is an online LPN course in the state of NC I don't remember the name of the school exactly but I talked to the lady at the school and she said you would have to do your clinicals at the school on the weekends.

68 months ago

Do anyone know of an EMT-B to LPN program in Alabama or a LPN, RN program that I can start right away instead of having to apply and compete to get into?

Patricia in Newark, New Jersey

68 months ago

Sarah in Pikeville, Tennessee said: I'm looking for a LPN course online. Can anyone help me?

www.minnay.com

Karen Smedes in Grand Rapids, Michigan

68 months ago

Karen Smedes in Grand Rapids, Michigan

68 months ago

LINDSEY JONES in Brenham, Texas

68 months ago

DOES ANYONE KNOW A LVN OR RN PROGRAM THAT I CAN START FAST CLOSE TO FORT CAMPBELL KENTUCKY...PLEASE LET ME KNOW :(

Darshan in Byram, Mississippi

68 months ago

oada73 in Houston, Texas said: Sorry about ur accident. I'll like to receive some information on online lpn/nursing programs. I pray u feel better and achieve ur goals. Thanks in advance.

It helped me to know to go on an get an associates degree at least because lpn is just an certificate/license and if something happens I will have something to fall back on.

roxceya in Cleveland, Ohio

67 months ago

oada73 in Houston, Texas said: Sorry about ur accident. I'll like to receive some information on online lpn/nursing programs. I pray u feel better and achieve ur goals. Thanks in advance.

i am from cleveland could you e mail me some lpn schools online to my name is roxceya roxceya@yahoo.com

67 months ago

please help me with lpn online schools could you email me roxceya@yahoo.com

67 months ago

I need help with finding a lpn online school please help me email me roxceya@yahoo.com

67 months ago

need lpn online sch pleas help

Kat in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

roxceya in Cleveland, Ohio said: need lpn online sch pleas help

Please go to your state's board of nursing website (google Ohio board of nursing). You should be able to find a list of approved nursing programs. Some local colleges may offer online LPN programs but you will have to do the clinical portion in person.

67 months ago

LINDA VEAL said: HAY BE CAREFUL OF THOSE ONLINE CLASSES IF YOU HAVE BEEN A CNA FOR AWHILE TRUST ME I KNOW EXACTLY HOW U FEEL ANXIOUS AND READY TO GET STARTED.I MYSELF HAVE A FAMILY AND I WORK .IT HAS TKEN ME 6 YRS GOIN PARTIME BUT I AM FINALLY STARTING MY NURSING CLASSES IN THE FALL SO FAR SO GOOD THE POINT IS IT S BETTER TO TAKE IT SLOW, DONT OVERWHELM YOUSELF.AND YOU GOTTA NO ALL THE HAND ON SKILLS YOU NEED AS AN LPN.THINK ABOUT IS THIS FOR REAL OR IS THEY JUST TRYIN TO MAKE A PROFIT. I HAVE BEEN A CNA FOR 25YEARS AND IM 45YRS OF AGE.SMILE

Actually the school they are referring to is a Distant MINN AAS LPN school. They have 3 other schools that offer LPN but you have to go in person 5 days a week. This school they are talking about is a 2 degree year program, it is not a regular LPN class. You also have to take extra classes but you have to do all of the clinicals in MINN. I believe the clinicals are more than 3 weeks but that is the program they are talking about. Most regular LPN schools are 1 year and maybe 3-5 months. No one is tryong to take any short cuts and you have to be a CNA for at least 5 years to get into this program. And I checked out the school is is an accrediated school I know you mean well I just thought you should know. There are also other LPN schools in other states but it would be nice if there were other LPN schools online, but as long as you get the right education who should complain? Would it be better to take the Method 3 in the state of CA after taking a Pharmacy class and challenging the LVN boards? I would rather have an LPN degree and take the clinicals even if it does include going to another state. WE need to be more concerned about the MA classes that have degree programs and are charging people 34,000 and not having them able to find a job.This school charges everyone the same thing even if you live outside of Minn. They even supply a lap top if you don't have one. The cost of the entire class is about 20,000

Dieuma in Brooklyn, New York

67 months ago

deborah in Brooklyn, New York said: i contacted minesota distance online here's what the rep told me 1. its a two year course, 2. you must have a current CNA license no certificate will be excepted 3. you will have time to get your CNA license if you dont have it 4. first year you will not do clinicals but second year you are expected to go to hospital and do your clinicals such as IV certification and more in a hospital in minesota. 5. expect to be there 3 to 4 weeks. to finish all this.

I, my is Martine: i'm looking online school for LPN but never find.Iwas a LPN back home, when i came here i didn't no better i went for my nursing assist right now i'm working at kings county hospital at least 8 years.i do go to school for nuring , bad luck for me finish my 12 months prog the school wasn't accredited. so now i don't kno what to do anymore. please help me to find a school bcause i'm a single mother i can't effort. plese begain for ur help.

Skittles in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

Dieuma in Brooklyn, New York said: I, my is Martine: i'm looking online school for LPN but never find.Iwas a LPN back home, when i came here i didn't no better i went for my nursing assist right now i'm working at kings county hospital at least 8 years.i do go to school for nuring , bad luck for me finish my 12 months prog the school wasn't accredited. so now i don't kno what to do anymore. please help me to find a school bcause i'm a single mother i can't effort. plese begain for ur help.

Martine:

Contact me at my email address and I will email you the site for the school and lots more information. Now this school is for two years, it's an accrediated AA.S degree course, and you will have to do your clinicals the following year in the state o Minn. Email me at kay.mary16@yahoo.com. The info will include cost and courses for the class too.

67 months ago

Patricia in Newark, New Jersey said: www.minnay.com

There is no EMT-B program to LPN that I know of. The Minnay Institute has classes but only if you do the Method 3 in the state of CA. They have classes you can take but the classes I don't think they are acrediated classes. I did some research and they told me.

Dieuma in Brooklyn, New York

67 months ago

Hi, how are you? thank you for writing me back.
Please, tell me more about the school or email me at mlouisdor@yahoo.com

67 months ago

For those who are wanting to know whether or not the Distance Minnesota AS LPN program is accrediated this info may help along with knowing about other LPN programs. The Link is:
onlinenursingdegreeguide.org/nursing-degree/whats-the-best-online-lpn-nursing-program/.

67 months ago

Daria in Oneida, New York

67 months ago

What might help some of you -- I've noted some repeat names who seem almost desperate to find an online LPN program -- is to re-read this entire forum. Read ALL the answers. THERE ARE NO ONLINE LPN SCHOOLS in this country. The one mentioned that allows some academic work to be completed on line, Distance Minn, still requires that you GET UP AND LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AND ATTEND CLASSES to get your degree.

A legitimate, accredited college program that is conducted online is EASY to find. If you cannot find one in the occupation you seek, it does not exist.

Please notice that I used the words "legitimate" and "accredited," by the way.

I returned to college -- on-campus classes, not online studies -- a single mom with 3 young kids, a full time job, and an unpredictable used car and NO public transporation. I graduated. It was 3 years of hassles, headaches, and stress. AND I WOULD DO IT AGAIN. My income has since tripled with that degree. That was the carrot at the end of the stick and worth every bad day I had getting there.

NURSING is hands-on work. It cannot be learned on line. Online RN programs are not the same as an LPN program. LPNs are BEDSIDE, and the skills you need to master CANNOT BE MASTERED USING A COMPUTER MONITOR. You have to GO TO the hospice patient, the nursing home resident, the sick child in the ped unit, and the critically injured farmer with a severed arm in the emergency department. YOU CANNOT DO ANY OF THIS ONLINE, and those tasks and lessons are the most important aspect of vocational nursing.

I suggest that those of you who seem most determined to find an "online LPN school" read up on all the scams out there in health care education. Health care vocations are WITH PEOPLE, IN PERSON. There is no way to learn any of them strictly online.

If you cannot take the stress of going to school to become an LPN, for perhaps as long as 18 months, how can you expect to do the real job??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Daria in Oneida, New York

67 months ago

Jennifer said: I have been going crazy looking for online LPN classes. I don't understand why you can take RN, CNA, CMA, RT, PHARM TECH and others online, but not LPN. It makes me mad. I am a single mother that has to work and can't afford to not work and go to school right now unless I take out a huge loan that I'll have to repay for 20 years.
Did you have any luck with finding LPN online in another state? Please help me out. I live in Mississippi

I suggest that you are confusing online school advertisements for those programs with the idea that they aren't all scams. I am a job counselor now with a veteran's group, and we have researched all those so-called health care programs online -- 90% are rip offs and not approved for state licenses or certifications. You CANNOT become a CNA in my state "online." That's against the law -- you have to BE IN THE CLASSROOM AND ON THE FLOOR FOR CLINICALS for the duration of ANY cna program here.

You can take some of those program's online courses, but try to get hired after you do.

Health care is hands on people work. Not every occupation in our society can be learned at home in front of a computer. Health care is one that cannot.

ronnie in Saint Petersburg, Florida

66 months ago

amen sister! how right you are! I've been an lpn for 10 years and it cannot be done online!..................Nurse in florida

66 months ago

ronnie in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: amen sister! how right you are! I've been an lpn for 10 years and it cannot be done online!..................Nurse in florida

I'm not going to let you all discourage me, I know the LPnN course does have to be completed on campus, I know clinicals have to be done at the hospital in Minnesota, i'm not stupid. I've been in the health care field for 12 years. I don't care how long it took you to finish your nursing, Just because you did it your way that's your buisness. I have faith and I will be relocating to Minnesota next year. I belive it's God's will for me to attend this school,and I will. I will continue on for RN afterwards. Things have changed since 1999 and by the way the there is a CNA class on line just like there's a Medical Assistant classes online, and there is also LPN-RN classes online I will continue to be Optomistic and people like you who are skeptical just stay skeptical and stay in your box and stop hating. Oh and by the way I'm not lazy, doing online work is a lot. I've taken online classes before and they are not like sitting in a classroom, It TAKES WORK, i'M SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE, TELL IT SOMEONE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT i KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, IT'S IN GOD'S PLAN, YOU GOT YOURS NOW LET ME GET MINES, GOD BLESS YOU.

66 months ago

Daria in Oneida, New York said: I suggest that you are confusing online school advertisements for those programs with the idea that they aren't all scams. I am a job counselor now with a veteran's group, and we have researched all those so-called health care programs online -- 90% are rip offs and not approved for state licenses or certifications. You CANNOT become a CNA in my state "online." That's against the law -- you have to BE IN THE CLASSROOM AND ON THE FLOOR FOR CLINICALS for the duration of ANY cna program here.

You can take some of those program's online courses, but try to get hired after you do.

Health care is hands on people work. Not every occupation in our society can be learned at home in front of a computer. Health care is one that cannot.

bY THE WAY i HEARD THAT THERE ARE 2 lpn ONLINE SCHOOLS IN YOUR STATE DID YOU DO RESEARCH ON THOSE TOO?

ronnie in Saint Petersburg, Florida

66 months ago

what are you talking about? I'm not skeptical I'm realistic, and I know here in florida you cannot get your LPN online....wake up go to school already if you want it bad enough you'll go to a real accredited school and get your license.....and i KNOW what I'm talking about!

66 months ago

ronnie in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: what are you talking about? I'm not skeptical I'm realistic, and I know here in florida you cannot get your LPN online....wake up go to school already if you want it bad enough you'll go to a real accredited school and get your license.....and i KNOW what I'm talking about!

well that's in Florida, you know there are schools that people go to everyday that are not accrediated, have you checked with anyone who has done this school? have you done your research for distant Minnesota? GOOD,YIPPY YOU'VE BEEN AN LPN FOR 10 YEARS SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING? I DOUBT IT. Distant Minnesota is a good school,whether you believe it or not,I'm not expedting to challenge the LPN boards as a PCT,I know I'll have clinicals to do.As a matter of fact the school is also affiliated with the nNursing Registry in Chicago Illinois, I've already done my home work. If you're happy with your education so be it. I don't have time to go to school 5 days a week but with online classes you do have to do your assignments atleast 7 days a week, You can say what you want, If you don't know information you really shouldn't speak unless you know the facts. This is in Minnesota not Florida. Besideas Distant Minnesota has 4 LPN programs,3 are on campus and they last for 1 amd half years, and the AS. program is the program that's online and it's for two years, and yes you do have to do clinicals there, I knw all about it, go try and discourage someone else. They also have Online LPN classes in SC,Texas and Arizona. have a blessed day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.