online classes

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 480)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

marky in Chicago, Illinois

66 months ago

Daria in Oneida, New York said: What might help some of you -- I've noted some repeat names who seem almost desperate to find an online LPN program -- is to re-read this entire forum. Read ALL the answers. THERE ARE NO ONLINE LPN SCHOOLS in this country. The one mentioned that allows some academic work to be completed on line, Distance Minn, still requires that you GET UP AND LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AND ATTEND CLASSES to get your degree.

A legitimate, accredited college program that is conducted online is EASY to find. If you cannot find one in the occupation you seek, it does not exist.

Please notice that I used the words "legitimate" and "accredited," by the way.

I returned to college -- on-campus classes, not online studies -- a single mom with 3 young kids, a full time job, and an unpredictable used car and NO public transporation. I graduated. It was 3 years of hassles, headaches, and stress. AND I WOULD DO IT AGAIN. My income has since tripled with that degree. That was the carrot at the end of the stick and worth every bad day I had getting there.

NURSING is hands-on work. It cannot be learned on line. Online RN programs are not the same as an LPN program. LPNs are BEDSIDE, and the skills you need to master CANNOT BE MASTERED USING A COMPUTER MONITOR. You have to GO TO the hospice patient, the nursing home resident, the sick child in the ped unit, and the critically injured farmer with a severed arm in the emergency department. YOU CANNOT DO ANY OF THIS ONLINE, and those tasks and lessons are the most important aspect of vocational nursing.

I suggest that those of you who seem most determined to find an "online LPN school" read up on all the scams out there in health care education. Health care vocations are WITH PEOPLE, IN PERSON. There is no way to learn any of them strictly online.

If you cannot take the stress of going to school to become an LPN, for perhaps as long as 18 months, how can you expect to do the real job??[/Q

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Daria in Oneida, New York said: I suggest that you are confusing online school advertisements for those programs with the idea that they aren't all scams. I am a job counselor now with a veteran's group, and we have researched all those so-called health care programs online -- 90% are rip offs and not approved for state licenses or certifications. You CANNOT become a CNA in my state "online." That's against the law -- you have to BE IN THE CLASSROOM AND ON THE FLOOR FOR CLINICALS for the duration of ANY cna program here.

You can take some of those program's online courses, but try to get hired after you do.

Health care is hands on people work. Not every occupation in our society can be learned at home in front of a computer. Health care is one that cannot.

Who said you had to do the whole class online? You think you're talking to some young 19 or 20 year old who hasn't done research on this school, yes I've read what people said in the forums, I'm not stupid. of course I WOU;D HAVE TO GET UP LIKE EVWERYONE ELSE AND GO TO THE SCHOOL DURING CLINICAL TIME, I KNOW THAT. You are the one who don't know what they are talking about, I've had people tell me they went to school for LPN and the school was not accrediated in the state of NY. and they went to school every darn day! You don't know what I know, you have you been to the school? Did you know that LPN's in Minnesota do just about everything an RN does? Do you know anyone who hAS GONE TO SCHOOL AND GRAUATED AND GOTTEN A JOB? I'M NOT LOOKING FOR ANY SHORT-CUTS DEAR IF I WAS I WOULD GO TO CA AND CHALLENGE THE LVN BOARDS BY TAKING A PHARMACY CLASS, YES BECAUSE THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF NURSES THERE CNA'S AND PCT'S CAN ACTUALLY DO THAT,I BET YOU HATE THAT TOO. BUT I'M NOT GOING TO ARGUE ABOUT THIS, I'M NOT CONFUSED LIKE YOU i KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, I DON'T CONFUSE AD'S WITH FACT THAT i KNOW. IT IS A LEGITIMATE SCHOOL WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ronnie in Saint Petersburg, Florida

66 months ago

Hi to you Daria
Some are looking for an easy way out, they will find out soon enough that they have to put in the real time classes like every one else. I agree with you but some on here want to argue about it so I won't try to convince those that think they can hop on by and get that "online" degree. lol....have a good day....LPN in Fl, Ronnie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

smidwife in Stafford, Virginia

66 months ago

Hello

I know that distance Min is good school, I was going to attend over a year ago but went for my BS in psychology. All the information that you have stated is true. I pray that God be with you through your program. seen you stated that there was a onlie school in SC. Can you give me info about that school. It's near me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I don't really remember the name but if you google LPN online progams,SC it may come up. I will try to look later I'm at work right now, thanks for the encouragement, some think that online is an easy way but it is twice the work. because you are not in a classroom you have to do more work, Those who have done online classes know the deal and it is not easy as some would think, but I'll get back, god bless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Hi SMidwife;

The school is actually in NC and it's called Davidson Community College. They do have a LPN- RN program but they also have one for straight up LPN,now you have to be there once clinicals start because you have to do clinicals every weekend (once clinicals start) something like that, you can call them and ask them but like I said you do some of the courses are online.

2Sexy in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

65 months ago

marky in Chicago, Illinois said: I'm not going to let you all discourage me, I know the LPnN course does have to be completed on campus, I know clinicals have to be done at the hospital in Minnesota, i'm not stupid. I've been in the health care field for 12 years. I don't care how long it took you to finish your nursing, Just because you did it your way that's your buisness. I have faith and I will be relocating to Minnesota next year. I belive it's God's will for me to attend this school,and I will. I will continue on for RN afterwards. Things have changed since 1999 and by the way the there is a CNA class on line just like there's a Medical Assistant classes online, and there is also LPN-RN classes online I will continue to be Optomistic and people like you who are skeptical just stay skeptical and stay in your box and stop hating. Oh and by the way I'm not lazy, doing online work is a lot. I've taken online classes before and they are not like sitting in a classroom, It TAKES WORK, i'M SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE, TELL IT SOMEONE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT i KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, IT'S IN GOD'S PLAN, YOU GOT YOURS NOW LET ME GET MINES, GOD BLESS YOU.

You are right. I have called the Distance MN program and it is an accredited school. You complete most of your courses online, but you do have to go on campus for some clinical portions. The way technology is advancing, there will be more online classes for healthcare fields. Going to an actual class is a little "archaic". People are too busy to quit their jobs to go back to school full-time. So those who are on this traditional classroom bandwagon need to catch on to the advancement of technology. So many colleges are switching to online programs because if they don't their enrollments are going to drop. So many universities are now offering complete Bachelor degrees online. I'm not talking about Phoenix online, I'm talking about traditional universities.

65 months ago

good luck to all of you, and I don't "hate". and I'm not in a "box"

65 months ago

Kat in Arlington, Texas said: The only RN straight online programs available are LPN-RN or RN-BSN. So you already have to be nurse first. Trust me it IS worth it to become an LPN through a brick and mortar school. There are sooo many clinical hours required for LPN, usually even more than for RN. Plus nursing is very strictly regulated by each state. Try finding a PT program if you can, move if you need to, find government programs to help you out finacially, bottom line is you will have to make some sacrifices to become a nurse if it is your dream.

It's so nice to hear from someone on here with some common sense and you are so right! You sound like you are actually a nurse! Lpn in Florida

65 months ago

marky in Chicago, Illinois said: You may be talking about taking the Pharmacy class for the Method 3. And by the way they contacted me for the school in Minn. If you google CNA to LVN u will see what i'm talking about,the lady named Anna is very informative,now is it something else u are talking about because I heard about the method 3 where u can challenge the LVN boards.

With this Minnay school, they stated you have to be a CNA for at least 5 years before you can do their program. Also, what is this Pharmacy class (Method 3) for? Is this school only approved in CA for their boards?

65 months ago

deborah in Brooklyn, New York said: i contacted minesota distance online here's what the rep told me 1. its a two year course, 2. you must have a current CNA license no certificate will be excepted 3. you will have time to get your CNA license if you dont have it 4. first year you will not do clinicals but second year you are expected to go to hospital and do your clinicals such as IV certification and more in a hospital in minesota. 5. expect to be there 3 to 4 weeks. to finish all this.

The clinicals is more than 3 to 4 wks. You have to be on that campus several times. Which is going to be rather costy to fly to Minnesota every other day. Also, two years is a long time for an LPN program when it is only a year program every where else. Also, 20K is high for tuition.

eureka in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

hey i like those comment it help me alot

65 months ago

2Sexy in Hattiesburg, Mississippi said: With this Minnay school, they stated you have to be a CNA for at least 5 years before you can do their program. Also, what is this Pharmacy class (Method 3) for? Is this school only approved in CA for their boards?

Yes, and you say two years is a long time for LPN school, that is for the degree program and you have to take extra courses. But most LPN schools are at least 1 year to six months long, the preclasses are included. The Method 3 program is only for the state of CA, I did some research but I found out that it may not be easy getting a job being an LPN that way because of not having the clinical hours. It seems that LPN's who had clinical hours were getting jobs quicker than those who did the Method 3. But if you want to do the program of course it's up to you, I just would rather do a program were I'm going to learn everything, but to do the Distant Minn you have to have worked as a CNA or PCT for 5 years.

65 months ago

marky in Chicago, Illinois said: Yes, and you say two years is a long time for LPN school, that is for the degree program and you have to take extra courses. But most LPN schools are at least 1 year to six months long, the preclasses are included. The Method 3 program is only for the state of CA, I did some research but I found out that it may not be easy getting a job being an LPN that way because of not having the clinical hours. It seems that LPN's who had clinical hours were getting jobs quicker than those who did the Method 3. But if you want to do the program of course it's up to you, I just would rather do a program were I'm going to learn everything, but to do the Distant Minn you have to have worked as a CNA or PCT for 5 years.

Also they charge the same to everyone even if you are out of town, Compare that to the Degree Medical Assistant programs that some schools are charging 34,000 for a two- year programs, and a lot of MA's have trouble finding jobs after school. just go to the Medical Assistant forum and read some of the comments, I was considering taking the class because I have a bit of Dialysis training and I know they do train some MA in some states to do dialysis.

65 months ago

marky in Chicago, Illinois said: Yes, and you say two years is a long time for LPN school, that is for the degree program and you have to take extra courses. But most LPN schools are at least 1 year to six months long, the preclasses are included. The Method 3 program is only for the state of CA, I did some research but I found out that it may not be easy getting a job being an LPN that way because of not having the clinical hours. It seems that LPN's who had clinical hours were getting jobs quicker than those who did the Method 3. But if you want to do the program of course it's up to you, I just would rather do a program were I'm going to learn everything, but to do the Distant Minn you have to have worked as a CNA or PCT for 5 years.

Also that Minnay school is not accredited. The problem would come when you have a license from CA and try to transfer it to your state. Most state boards would not accept the school work from a school that is not accredited. That Minnay school might be a scam to take folks money, because what hospital is going to hire someone who has not done any clinical hours in nursing? Now, the Distance Minnesota might be okay for some states, but I called my state board of nursing and the lady told me they only accepted Excelsior's program and Chamberlain, but with both programs you have to already be an LPN before you can do their program.

seag603 in Holiday, Florida

65 months ago

try ptect in fla on line classess are booked thur 2009 till jan 010 it is federally funded its a real school clicals are done here

ladyfriend in Oak Park, Illinois

64 months ago

The Distance Minnesota LPN-hybrid program schedule is very doable. It is regionally accredited and Minnesota state board approved (Northland Community and Technical College. It is a regular community college and you will receive an Associate's degree in Practical Nursing. You have to take all your prerequisites. Anatomy and Physiolgy, Ethics, College Algebra, etc. These classes can transfer in from your home school. I will be going this fall in a few weeks. It turns out the first semester you meet 6-10 times a month. I received my schedule this week and I will go only on 6 Wednesdays. One Wednesday in August, 2 separate Wednesdays in September, 1 Wednesday in October, one in November and one in December. When you go on their campus,you test out of your Nursing Skills I class (all hands on). Everyone practices in the lab. I have 4 classes 11 credit hours. My other three classes are completely online and I will set up the proctored exam with my local library. You don't start clinicals until your second semester, where you will have actual patients. The same things happen you have to show up 6 times in your second semester and last semester. Also Amtrak goes there so it may be cheaper. You will need to leave a day earlier. It still comes out much cheaper than some private lpn schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Hi lady friend;
My question is how long did it take you to do your preclasses before you started taking your actual nursing classes, because i did some collegein 84/85 I havent really taken any other college courses beside CNA, and EMT. So I had to take a couple of fundamental courses. I'm from Chicago too but I do plan to relocate to MINN in another year or so (I would rather be an LPN there) because in Chicago they don't let the LPN's do much, there they do as much as the LPN's in RN's in our SICU where I work in Chicago. Right now I'm doing 3 classes at a time because I'll be working 3 days a week. I also want to know how has it been for you so far with school there? And are you full time? Some of the faculty seems pretty nice.

ladyfriend in Oak Park, Illinois

64 months ago

I am new to the school so this will be my first semester. I started taking classes in the early 90s then stopped then decided to come back to the medical field. I have a B.A. I don't know much about the job markets with an LPN so I appreciate that information. You can start taking your nursing classes without taking Developmental Psych, Speech and Ethics. As long as you finish them before your final semester. There are not many nursing classes offered in the Summer so that would be a good time to complete them. You can take Nursing Pharmacology and after your first 2semesters you can take a Psychosocial Nursing class. I transferred in about 16 semester hours from the City Colleges of Chicago. That knocks off an entire semester of tuition and advanced me into the nursing curriculum. I hear Minnesota schools are good schools with very high standards. I also heard that this is a tough program and not to be fooled by it being online and a LPN program. I have already ordered my books through Amazon and will start reading and outlining like crazy. With my four classes, I have about 10 or more books, not including a medical dictionary and a nursing pocket guide. I was considering at first going to PCCTI but I think it is a ripoff because if you transfer in courses, they still make you pay for it, they won't reduce your tuition and they want all the money for the whole program financed up front $18,000. With this school, you pay as you go because it is a regular community college and what you don't take here, you don't pay. Also, this college did not raise their tuition rates for this year. Keep in touch.

64 months ago

I know it's not going to be easy,but I heard that their RN program is really something too. I was gonna take preclasses at Malcolm X but they if I take 3 classes I have to be in school day and night, and it would be even harder forme because I'm working, but I'm really looking forward to these classes. I know some people felt that doing an LPN course online would be considered a short-cut and I'm so glad you mentioned that it was not an easy school,like you said just because it's online it doesn't mean it's goingto be easy and fast. Thats what I like about it. I will keep in touch, God bless!

64 months ago

As far as jobs are concerned they hire LPN's at the hospital where I work but certain things you can't do in Chicago like start IV's, hang blood, give IV meds, and insert NG tubes, but in other states like MINN you can. (I forgot to mention that in my last comment) But I'm surethe job market is okay for LPN's in Chicago, they use them in hospitals like Kindred Care and other places.

lacry76 in Hartford, Connecticut

64 months ago

is the disyance minnesota online lpn program is doable for someone out of state?

lady_friend in Oak Park, Illinois

64 months ago

lacry76 in Hartford, Connecticut said: is the disyance minnesota online lpn program is doable for someone out of state?

Yes, people are coming from out of state including myself.

lacry76 in Hartford, Connecticut

64 months ago

ok i spoke to nicole the only issue is lodging -renting out an hotel is costly and why is the program 2 years long ? and how long would i have to stay there to complete the on-site requirments?

64 months ago

Then maybe its not for you to do the hybrid program in Minnesota when considering the costs. I live in the midwest so its costly but doable. I can still keep my job. An extra $300-$400 a month is doable for me because I've been saving my money. If you bring in prerequesites, its less time. For me, its 3 semesters.

64 months ago

lacry76 in Hartford, Connecticut said: ok i spoke to nicole the only issue is lodging -renting out an hotel is costly and why is the program 2 years long ? and how long would i have to stay there to complete the on-site requirments?

You are on site for 1 day or 2-3 days at a time, then go home until the next month. You don't stay for months.

64 months ago

I've talked to one of the advisors at the Distance Minnesota a while back. There will be several times you have to be on the campus for clinicals/check offs during each semester. This program would be costly for someone out of state. Besides, you would need to check with your State board of Nursing to see if they would even accept this Distance Minnesota program. You might run across the possibility of not being able to transfer your license. Which means you would only be able to work in Minnesota. I called the State board of Nursing here in Mississippi and they only accepted Chamberlain and Excelsior's program. Which both programs require you to already be an LPN to do their program. The Distance Minnesota program is 2 years in length and by that time you could have an RN degree at a local junior college. Those are some things to consider.

64 months ago

I don't know any RN program where it is only 2 years. You would have to take 2 semesters of Anatomy & Physiology and Microbiolgy and Chemistry before you can take the nursing curriculum. So if you have these courses and your local junior college has a waiting list to get in, you still have to wait. While you are waiting, do the LPN. The 2 colleges you mentioned are not LPN programs, so you are comparing apples and oranges.

64 months ago

lady_friend in Oak Park, Illinois said: I don't know any RN program where it is only 2 years. You would have to take 2 semesters of Anatomy & Physiology and Microbiolgy and Chemistry before you can take the nursing curriculum. So if you have these courses and your local junior college has a waiting list to get in, you still have to wait. While you are waiting, do the LPN. The 2 colleges you mentioned are not LPN programs, so you are comparing apples and oranges. My state board accepts endorsements from 50 states and other countries.

2Sexy in Meridian, Mississippi

64 months ago

lady_friend in Oak Park, Illinois said: I don't know any RN program where it is only 2 years. You would have to take 2 semesters of Anatomy & Physiology and Microbiolgy and Chemistry before you can take the nursing curriculum. So if you have these courses and your local junior college has a waiting list to get in, you still have to wait. While you are waiting, do the LPN. The 2 colleges you mentioned are not LPN programs, so you are comparing apples and oranges.

RN programs are 2 years in length once you complete your pre-requisites. Most junior colleges only require an 18 on ACT and just A&P I and II to enter into their program. Also, there are some junior colleges that DO NOT have a waiting list. They admit students on a competitive basis, based on your ACT scores and GPA. The two colleges I mentioned Excelsior and Chamberlain were the ONLY colleges that Mississippi's State Board of Nursing would accept for an ONLINE program. Yes, they are both RN programs. MS's state board of nursing does not accept any LPN programs online. That is why I said for who ever is interested in the Distance Minnesota program should contact their state board of nursing to make sure they would even accept this school's coursework to get a license in your state. It would be a waste of time and money to find out that you can't get a license in your state. You would just have to work in Minnesota. I'm trying to save people money and time by telling you to check first. State Board of nursing is very particular about what school's they accept because you are dealing with people's lives.

Wanda in Roswell, Georgia

64 months ago

You must have to go to the location to do your clinicals????? LPN

64 months ago

Absolutely! Its mandatory!

Kat in Arlington, Texas

64 months ago

Wanda in Roswell, Georgia said: You must have to go to the location to do your clinicals????? LPN

Yes of course, how do you expect to learn??? In Texas for example, LVN education has a requirement of a MINIMUM of 840 clinical hours.

toots in Fort Smith, Arkansas

64 months ago

Dena in Starkville, Mississippi said: Do anyone know of an LPN program that is offer on line in any state.

Lincon Nebraska has a online LPN class but you have to live there

cdiston69 in Alachua, Florida

63 months ago

esha in Odenton, Maryland said: actually you can take lpn classes online in certain states like idaho,florida,texas,etc but maybe not in your state academics are done online but clinicals are setup in your area

do you know the name of any of the schools in florida?

qweee in Wesley Chapel, Florida

63 months ago

go to your Local Community college and apply LPN, take NET, sit on class, do clinicals, but you must wait for the available class, and this is a ranking position based on ur nET results, the college will be the one to determine if you pass the NET and got a high ranking, thats the only time you be able to get in the RN or LPN program.

wery in Wesley Chapel, Florida

63 months ago

go to school

Irreplaceable, LPN in Laurel, Delaware

63 months ago

Good evening to all! I have become frustrated with the nursing shortage. I see vocational LPN schools in every state; at least 3. I am 30 years old and have been a LPN for 7 years, but unfortunately, I made some errors while I was in college and can't get into regular colleges because the GPA requirements are at least 3.0.

Are there any LPN to RN bridge/ LPN to RN hybrid programs near or around the Delaware area? Are there any vocational schools that do not require a set GPA for admissions? I am upset because there is this need for nurses, but despite the years of experience as a nurse, if you don't have a high enough GPA, you may never be accepted into a University or a Community College. Please, tell me, is there something wrong with those standards?

In fact, I was never an A+ student, but I pride myself in being an excellent LPN. It is my belief that I would be an awesome RN, if GPA did not matter to admitting colleges. Some of the worst nurses I have ever met were on the Dean's List at the local college I attended.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe nurses should possess the knowledge and compassion that is mandated, but there has got to be vocational schools that are wiling to help experienced LPNs become RNs. Fortunately, I was able to complete all of my prerequisite course before my GPA was lowered, but I am still at a disadvantage because my GPA is still below most college standards.

sweet k in birmingham, Alabama

63 months ago

Philicity in Nyack, New York said: Get your lpn diploma... No waiting list... Classes start every month.... tution 5500... Call now ... plouis321@hotmail.com... thanks

I emailed you!

2Sexy in Laurel, Mississippi

63 months ago

Irreplaceable, LPN in Laurel, Delaware said: Good evening to all! I have become frustrated with the nursing shortage. I see vocational LPN schools in every state; at least 3. I am 30 years old and have been a LPN for 7 years, but unfortunately, I made some errors while I was in college and can't get into regular colleges because the GPA requirements are at least 3.0.

Are there any LPN to RN bridge/ LPN to RN hybrid programs near or around the Delaware area? Are there any vocational schools that do not require a set GPA for admissions? I am upset because there is this need for nurses, but despite the years of experience as a nurse, if you don't have a high enough GPA, you may never be accepted into a University or a Community College. Please, tell me, is there something wrong with those standards?

In fact, I was never an A+ student, but I pride myself in being an excellent LPN. It is my belief that I would be an awesome RN, if GPA did not matter to admitting colleges. Some of the worst nurses I have ever met were on the Dean's List at the local college I attended.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe nurses should possess the knowledge and compassion that is mandated, but there has got to be vocational schools that are wiling to help experienced LPNs become RNs. Fortunately, I was able to complete all of my prerequisite course before my GPA was lowered, but I am still at a disadvantage because my GPA is still below most college standards.

Try online programs such as Chamberlain. Also, look at the college network website, they have Lpn to Rn programs online. There are several LPN to RN programs that are online. You just have to research them. I know Chamberlain has one and most state board of nursing accept their coursework. Also, google college network. After you find a school, call your state board of nursing to see if they will approve the school's coursework.

tete1066 in Rosedale, New York

63 months ago

Call where ? what is the number?

2Sexy in Laurel, Mississippi

63 months ago

tete1066 in Rosedale, New York said: Call where ? what is the number?

Don't bother about writing this person an email. It is a ploy for you to buy some stuff from some webisite. It is just spam. Just ignore it.

Philicity in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

yea email to get my number they wont let me post it here... lpn online 5500 tution... acrediidted by board of nursing... classes start evry month... no finacial aide but monthly plans... email me if you want to find out more... thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Philicity in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

63 months ago

yea right... real program... real email ... email to get my number.... lpn online... no where else... 5500 tution... acredidited by board of nursing... real people working... classes start evry month... no finacial aide.. but monthly plans low enough to extend for 2 years... can be put on credit card... then if you are smart we can set up with classes to get your prereqs for rn programs online... so u get your degree ASN... in like 1 and half years... interested call me and tell anybody you know.... nursing is hot and will me remain hot for years to come... do your research....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Greenwood, South Carolina

62 months ago

how long does it take to do clinicals in minnisota for online lpn classes

mary in Greenwood, South Carolina

62 months ago

marky in Chicago, Illinois said: well that's in Florida, you know there are schools that people go to everyday that are not accrediated, have you checked with anyone who has done this school? have you done your research for distant Minnesota? GOOD,YIPPY YOU'VE BEEN AN LPN FOR 10 YEARS SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING? I DOUBT IT. Distant Minnesota is a good school,whether you believe it or not,I'm not expedting to challenge the LPN boards as a PCT,I know I'll have clinicals to do.As a matter of fact the school is also affiliated with the nNursing Registry in Chicago Illinois, I've already done my home work. If you're happy with your education so be it. I don't have time to go to school 5 days a week but with online classes you do have to do your assignments atleast 7 days a week, You can say what you want, If you don't know information you really shouldn't speak unless you know the facts. This is in Minnesota not Florida. Besideas Distant Minnesota has 4 LPN programs,3 are on campus and they last for 1 amd half years, and the AS. program is the program that's online and it's for two years, and yes you do have to do clinicals there, I knw all about it, go try and discourage someone else. They also have Online LPN classes in SC,Texas and Arizona. have a blessed day.

good for you speaking your mind-you stated there were lpn classes in SC can you tell me the name of the school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

It's called Davidson Community College and it's in NC. Depending on where you are in your studies you may have to take some pre classes to get into the nursing program, but call themand see,God bless.

62 months ago

You would have to call them and ask,because the clinicals are done at different times, I think the total comes to 2 or 3 weeks with 8 hr. days.

62 months ago

marky in Chicago, Illinois said: You would have to call them and ask,because the clinicals are done at different times, I think the total comes to 2 or 3 weeks with 8 hr. days.

Are you in their program now? Also, did you check with your state board of nursing to see if they will approve of their coursework to receive a license in your state. I contacted the MS State board of Nursing and they will not approve their coursework. Also, I would contact the State board of Minnesota to see if they approve their coursework as well. It would be terrible for someone not to be able to get a license in their state or in Minnesota.

rhonda lpn in Saint Petersburg, Florida

62 months ago

why doesn't everyone just stop with trying to find short cuts, to be a good solid credible nurse you have to go to a real (brick and Mortar) school like every LPN before you! The only legitimate nursing courses online are lpn to rn. we all have families, and responsibilities and yes it is difficult. But honestly I wouldn't want an online schooled lpn to care for me. you have to do too much hands on training to be a good lpn.......thats my 2 cents!!!.......and oh yes.....I've been an LPN for 10 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.