out of work for 3 months

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

what a mess in Denver, Colorado

84 months ago

I have been the LTC for over 20 years. recently I have difficulity work. My first job terminated me me for not calling the DON r/t one resident pinching another resident. There was no protocol for this type of incident other than the basic paper work. I had been with the company 5 years and making $25 an hour also they were going to have to match my retirement. The next job I was terminated r/t to a med error. They asked me to resign and did not write the incident up. This has been the worst year of life after losing my 1st job my husband die in my arms 3 days after I was terminated. If anyone has any ideas how I can get work please let me known

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

indeedsupport in USA

84 months ago

Try searching for positions by typing your keywords into the 'what' and 'where' boxes on our homepage: www.indeed.com

Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary 1Nurse in Louisville, Kentucky

84 months ago

what a mess in Denver, Colorado said: I have been the LTC for over 20 years. recently I have difficulity work. My first job terminated me me for not calling the DON r/t one resident pinching another resident. There was no protocol for this type of incident other than the basic paper work. I had been with the company 5 years and making $25 an hour also they were going to have to match my retirement. The next job I was terminated r/t to a med error. They asked me to resign and did not write the incident up. This has been the worst year of life after losing my 1st job my husband die in my arms 3 days after I was terminated. If anyone has any ideas how I can get work please let me known

Nope, no ideas for getting work. But when you do, and you will. Always cover your butt. Even if you don't call the DON, leave a note, pass it on in report, call the family. Often times nurses are terminated because a family member raised hell with the facility and they have no other option but to fire you to keep in good harmony. Cover your butt!!! And fess up to med errors immediately...call the Doctor stat, write your self up if need be. Find out what caused you to make the error, even if it is just rushing and not paying close attention. Since you worked for quite some time before being terminated and you will most likely want to add the job to your application for experience, plan how you a are going to tell the new employer your reason for being terminated without sounding to bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.