Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are typical laboratory assistant salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

stephanie in Hampstead, New Hampshire

102 months ago

Host said: What are typical laboratory assistant salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Unless you are a Medtech, and even that won't get you any decent respect, you NEVER earn a decent salary as a Lab assistant/Phlebotomist. In healthcare, it is very much a pecking order. YOU, as a Phleb/Assistant, are at the bottom of the totem pole in the entire healthcare system, save orderlies, you will NEVER get any respect salry-wise or otherwise. Talking from experience. AND, if you are in Massachusetts, I'd stay away from the Lowell and Lawrence are hospitals. They should be listed as the worst places to work! Change careers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Oakland, California

95 months ago

stephanie in Hampstead, New Hampshire said: Unless you are a Medtech, and even that won't get you any decent respect, you NEVER earn a decent salary as a Lab assistant/Phlebotomist. In healthcare, it is very much a pecking order. YOU, as a Phleb/Assistant, are at the bottom of the totem pole in the entire healthcare system, save orderlies, you will NEVER get any respect salry-wise or otherwise. Talking from experience. AND, if you are in Massachusetts, I'd stay away from the Lowell and Lawrence are hospitals. They should be listed as the worst places to work! Change careers!

If you live in the Bay Area of California the salary for Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist are very competive. For instance Kaiser pay over $20 an hour to start. So this is a very rewarding career and its a great start to work your way up the totem pole.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Brooklyn, New York

88 months ago

I have been working as cytology prep tech in a hospital in Brooklyn NY, They never required any specific license until now. My question is what type of license do I need. Not only do I prep GYN samples but Non Gyn and

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.