Finding Work; specifically in Construction

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Terry in Birmingham, Alabama

84 months ago

It is really heartbreaking at this time of economic distress for millions of people globally, so I don't mean to "whine", and I certainly do not play "victim"; which adds to my frustration. I want desperately to provide for family, and I am now 45, have only known construction, have become limited somewhat, but my greatest challenge has been in the actual "application" process due to the fact that I have dyslexia and although I know I am more than qualified for several positions, it seems that employers do not want to make accomodations for my disability and I am a proud man, and seem to have ways of "politely" dismissing me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aric in Albuquerque, New Mexico

52 months ago

Terry, you should look in to being a tower climber. They look highly upon construction experience, pay is ok starting out - but leads to more and great hours, but you'll be away from home for a while. Though you won't have to worry about providing, as the money is great...

Computer technician is a career that requires only 6-8 months of home self study learning comptia a+. once you get that cert, and prove yourself, you can be making $16 in 2 years - if you do well. more certs, more money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.