cant find work in miami florida because of a felony record

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

big guy in Miami, Florida

67 months ago

i am a intelligent blk male with college education,its seems to me that the american justice system is a business,in the courts they tell you all what you want to hear.after you complete what the courts order you to do they turn they backs on you,it seems like they expect you to go back and commit more crimes so you can stay in the system,these people in the courts will always have a job.the system is a joke.then they say this the best country in the world.people dont be fooled wake up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

labandidyk in York, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

big guy in Miami, Florida said: i am a intelligent blk male with college education,its seems to me that the american justice system is a business,in the courts they tell you all what you want to hear.after you complete what the courts order you to do they turn they backs on you,it seems like they expect you to go back and commit more crimes so you can stay in the system,these people in the courts will always have a job.the system is a joke.then they say this the best country in the world.people dont be fooled wake up.

Hi, its really sad when a person make a mistake and try to mend it and learn from it. I know its not fear but sometimes our mistakes will follow us for the rest of our life, but I guess that's the price we got to pay for it, don't give up and keep focus, keep knocking doors and someone will give you a chance, just keep trying and don't get discourage trust me I know what its like. I hope you'll find something soon but remember right now its very hard for anyone to find a job regardless of their record be patient and God bless you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

guerrilx in Hollywood, Florida

63 months ago

big guy in Miami, Florida said: i am a intelligent blk male with college education,its seems to me that the american justice system is a business,in the courts they tell you all what you want to hear.after you complete what the courts order you to do they turn they backs on you,it seems like they expect you to go back and commit more crimes so you can stay in the system,these people in the courts will always have a job.the system is a joke.then they say this the best country in the world.people dont be fooled wake up.

Hey Big Guy same position with the sam circumstance. Florida seems to be the worst place to find work felony or not. I've decided to move if I can't find anything here within the next 6 months, its been 1 year of looking for work already. Georgia and California are two states that don't ask the dreaded application question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

elbolero40 in Toledo, Ohio

61 months ago

hey big guy, dont worry is easy to say, but god is on your side and somethinmg got to give, i know people makes mistake , that is why we are human but the law is messed up, i think if you commited a crime yes ofcourse you got to pay for the crime, but if you completed you time and learn from it they should give people felonies,or ruins therir life cause you already pay your crime by serving, that is the thing that i dont really understand, i m the same as you when to prison for 3 drunk driving wich is a felony in the state of michigan, before this happen i was a nurse assistant wich i love my job, but because o the felony they give me even though i serve my time of one year they ruin my record, just because of drinking and driving, dont get me wrong im not saying either that what i did was ok is was absolutaly wrong in any ways but not to ruin my life like that expecialy when i serve a year in prison for it. yes i think they want for people like us to fall back in their system and as long the this great nation keep doing this their will be no fixing in this times.

att.jq..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

swaggert.slangin@gmail.com in Saint Paul, Minnesota

59 months ago

labandidyk in York, Pennsylvania said: Hi, its really sad when a person make a mistake and try to mend it and learn from it. I know its not fear but sometimes our mistakes will follow us for the rest of our life, but I guess that's the price we got to pay for it, don't give up and keep focus, keep knocking doors and someone will give you a chance, just keep trying and don't get discourage trust me I know what its like. I hope you'll find something soon but remember right now its very hard for anyone to find a job regardless of their record be patient and God bless you.

i was young and dumb when i committed a crime i have spent 3 years in lino lakes prison ive done my time now i cant find a job because of my felony conviction the system is a joke cops are a part of the biggest organize gang the world will ever know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BlessingCount in Ann Arbor, Michigan

59 months ago

I been out over Ten years i have had jobs,and also been homeless fortunately i am set in my mind of never returning to prison Gods are source he died for the sinner

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mike in Lakeland, Florida

50 months ago

i agree with you 100% commit a crime,do the time then get out and commit more crimes out of desperation and get back into the system. i agree,our criminal justice is a scam!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bslywka in Crestview, Florida

33 months ago

How many times does a person have to be told NO before they fall back on what they KNOW?? While I'm being turned down left and right for a job because of my criminal PAST, people are scratching their heads wondering why people are released from prison and go right back for the same things, and why there is such a thing as a recidivism rate... COMPLETELY FRUSTRATED!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.