Top landscape architect skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every landscape architect must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your landscape architect expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

S in Oostende, Belgium

107 months ago

Vision for how a place should be, ability to do spatial design, be critical on your own designs

Read about projects, visit contemporary projects, ......

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Lexington, Kentucky

107 months ago

I would say the greatest asset to be a great landscape architect is to be very aware of EVERYTHING around you. You have to learn to be critical. You are best to read everything you can get your hands on. Landscape architecture is such a broad field that common knowledge on many aspects is needed.

If you thought this was helpful, visit thelandscapeblog.com every now and then and leave feedback. I just started it but I am going to be updating it daily. Thank you.

Reply - Report abuse

Marty in College Station, Texas

92 months ago

S in Oostende, Belgium said: Vision for how a place should be, ability to do spatial design, be critical on your own designs

Read about projects, visit contemporary projects, ......

I read your post online and saw that you were in Belgium. I just graduated with my masters in Landscape Architecture. I speak Dutch fluently and lived in Belgium for two years. Do you know of any jobs at your firm? I am seeking employment and would like to return to Belgium or the Netherlands again soon. Thanks for your reply

Reply - Report abuse

dr.awesome in Evans, Georgia

60 months ago

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARCHITECTS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.