Top landscaper skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every landscaper must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your landscaper expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Monette in Columbus, Ohio

70 months ago

"Landscaper" is a broad term. I am from the midwest and have also worked near the east coast in landscape design. I have worked with many different experts in our field.

I would say that most people in the landscaping business should have a few core strengths for career longevity and prosperity. Those being: great customer service skills, communication skills and problem solving skills. Of course, these need to be backed by the appropriate training and implementation for your expertise.

This is a very competitive field. You've got to be energetic and willing to step it up when the demand is there and ride the waves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bruno in Lake Zurich, Illinois

14 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every landscaper must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your landscaper expertise?

I think a good Landscaper also should be a good listener to what customer wants. Writing down details and what client likes are essential. Also to keep your client base up-you need to advertise. You can do this by magnetics on your trucks, and having a sign posted in front yard with projects so others can call you.. You can even do this yourself as I have with this company- SignlandUsa.com . You can do yard signs to show it's your job (how many people drive by and LOOK), and with magnetics as people look (plus it looks professional), and other types to promote your business. People can't call you if they don't know who you are! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.