Getting a laundry attendant job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing laundry attendant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

donald lynch in Olympia, Washington

81 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing laundry attendant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

my mother always work at restaurant jobs and got me into the motel laundry postions and room cleaning.That got me threw high school.My career was made to use the rest of my life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sean in North Hollywood, California

59 months ago

My parents owned a laundrymat. So i had some knowledge about the business.I also applied three times for my laundry attendant job. I don't think the manager thought a male would be really interested in that kind of a job, but it was right for me. He stated that since i had applied twice before he'd give me a chance.Nine years later i'm still here.Again, the biggest adjustment was the class of customers who come into the laundrymat. I originaly thought if you are kind and kept the place spotless customers would do their part to help maintain that. NOT SO!The more you do, the more they demand more.Cleaning lint traps after every customer to maximize dryer operation i've always done that. Now they are complaining that their clothes aren't bone dry in 24 minutes.Don't they remember that at other laundrymats it was 36 to 40 minutes to dry a load of clothes and you got less time per quarter .But that, they don't remember.I've never been to a laundrymat and the attendant was cleaning lint traps after every use.I do the extra work and it's still not enough.But i soldier on. I do my best, because at the end of the day i leave them all behind to a house in the hills. With my own LG washer in easy reach.They have no way out because they keep making more and more children.So they will be doing that laundry chore at the laundrymat for years to come.A laundry attendant will always be needed because they can't clean up after themselves,they are over loaded with children and your work will always be in demand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.