Getting a leasing agent job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

Host

How did you get your start doing leasing agent work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Sarah Ramirez in Corpus Christi, Texas

95 months ago

I have never been a leasing consultant but,would like a challenging position like this one. I don't have experience but,I do have customer service experience,where can I go to apply and get trained?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (114) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Jane in Beaverton, Oregon

80 months ago

You do not need any educational background to be a leasing agent. Most of the time they are just looking for good customer service skills. You must be organized, efficent, energetic, detail oriented, good with people and being under pressure and have a positive attitude. One great company to work for is ctl management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Phoenix, Arizona

79 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing leasing agent work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

I was living at an apartment and they were looking to hire. I just went in to pay my rent and asked about the position. Next thing you know I'm leasing.
Most places look for customer service skills and a great people friendly attitude. You don't need much of a background as long as you haven't had any felonies or evictions yourself (conflict of interest)you should be fine. Some companies will train people themselves. It's just a matter if they are able to mold you to what they need.
I went from leasing to real estate. It is very similar, so I thought if I can show people apartments, why can't I do the same with homes. Next thing you know I have a good career with great pay!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

TLM in Mesa, Arizona

77 months ago

Its all about attitude! If you can sell yourself, have experience with customer service and show genuine enthusiasm anyone will proivde you the training after they hire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

I have done leasing manually.I have a great attitide and customer service 15 yrs expirience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

philip in Orlando, Florida

67 months ago

i am looking for a career start in leasing but i do not have any experience in leasing.ihave a cam license and a real estate license.i also have 23 years retail management background.whats the best way to get started in this career change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Debra Simon in Carrollton, Texas

65 months ago

Sarah Ramirez in Corpus Christi, Texas said: I have never been a leasing consultant but,would like a challenging position like this one. I don't have experience but,I do have customer service experience,where can I go to apply and get trained?

I have customer service experience and billing,account payable. I would like to have this opportunities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Debra Simon in Carrollton, Texas

65 months ago

I'm look for a new challenging position would like the opportunities to learn leasing. I have 4 years of customer service experience, my background is account payable/billing and retail. I work very well with customer and a team player.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dee in Lowell, Massachusetts

56 months ago

Jessica in Phoenix, Arizona said: I was living at an apartment and they were looking to hire. I just went in to pay my rent and asked about the position. Next thing you know I'm leasing.
Most places look for customer service skills and a great people friendly attitude. You don't need much of a background as long as you haven't had any felonies or evictions yourself (conflict of interest)you should be fine. Some companies will train people themselves. It's just a matter if they are able to mold you to what they need. I went from leasing to real estate. It is very similar, so I thought if I can show people apartments, why can't I do the same with homes. Next thing you know I have a good career with great pay!

Jessica,

I'm curious about your career. I am thinking of becoming a real estate agent. I'm good with people love looking at houses online and think it would exciting to be able to have a job that is not in an office. I get excited about seeing new homes especially if they are a good deal. I think that will translate to buyers and maybe I could make some good money in it? What does it take to be successful in this business?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AJONES in Dallas, Texas

43 months ago

PLEASE COULD SOMEONE E-MAIL ME WITH MORE INFORMATION ON LEASING CONSULTING CLASSES FOR THE DALLAS TEXAS AREA THAT ARE FREE EMAIL ME AT ADRIANJONES60@YMAIL.COM THANK YOU AND ALWAYS STAY BLESSED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AJONES in Dallas, Texas

43 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing leasing agent work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

I am trying so hard to find leasing consultant classes in the dallas texas area that are free I applied for b and g personnel but are there anymore for this area please e-mail me and thank you for this wonderful site stay blessed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pharris in Garland, Texas

42 months ago

AJONES in Dallas, Texas said: PLEASE COULD SOMEONE E-MAIL ME WITH MORE INFORMATION ON LEASING CONSULTING CLASSES FOR THE DALLAS TEXAS AREA THAT ARE FREE EMAIL ME AT ADRIANJONES60@YMAIL.COM THANK YOU AND ALWAYS STAY BLESSED.

There are no apartment leasing classes that are free outside a temp agency. I was in the apartment industry for over 20 years. I would not go with BG. Call Evelyn at ASAP Personell. Great lady. She offers free training. She is a temp to perm agency. I am calling her today myself to take some brush up courses. Sterling Personnell does not offer training. As far as the property software that you will use. No luck there. The property has to train you. Every property uses a different software. Also try Lincoln Properties. They are HUGE in Dallas. They may offer their own training. I am actually thinking of offering training courses myself. Not free. But cheap! Stay tuned. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

teemix01 in Arlington, Texas

42 months ago

DO NOT CALL EVELYN @ ASAP! Be smart, do your homework this is what I found researching her company... www.ripoffreport.com/trade-schools/evelyn-touchette-asa/evelyn-touchette-asap-personne-8f756.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

BEEN THERE DONE THAT in The Colony, Texas

28 months ago

No you do not it`s all about customer service. Some properties will hire directly if they`re short staffed. Sometimes you can take a position answering phones ,setting appointments for agents untill you see how everything works then switch over to leasing. The job only requires patience,customer servive and a LOT OF WALKING. GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Midlothian, Texas

26 months ago

AJONES in Dallas, Texas said: PLEASE COULD SOMEONE E-MAIL ME WITH MORE INFORMATION ON LEASING CONSULTING CLASSES FOR THE DALLAS TEXAS AREA THAT ARE FREE EMAIL ME AT ADRIANJONES60@YMAIL.COM THANK YOU AND ALWAYS STAY BLESSED.

looking into this career and saw ur post and was curoius to where u were at now with it? and if u like it? and how u got started? thank u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tamara in Duncanville, Texas

24 months ago

Ashley in Midlothian, Texas said: looking into this career and saw ur post and was curoius to where u were at now with it? and if u like it? and how u got started? thank u

There are no free courses that i know of unless u get lucky enough to find a place that just needs to hire someone quickly and they are willing to train you but i did find a place that offers leasing agent training for $75, called Expert Apartment Staffing, located at 811 S. Central Expressway suite 230 in richardson,Tx inside Comerica Bank, this post wont allow me to leave their number so email me and ill give to you, now i spoke with a man named Bill, he said the next call is in Febuary and they get around 40 student request but they only choose 10, he stressed appearance if you are not dress for the part u will not be chosen for an interview for the class, and they do offer job placement,i pkan on attending this class unless i find a better deal which i doubt,the other comments about not needing a certificate to be a leasing agent are not true to work for a nice complex you must have ine ive done alot of research i have to have it,the good part is that its only a 15hr course, 2 days max, hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sergio P. in Dallas, Texas

9 months ago

Tye Locke in Dallas, Texas said: Looking for leasing agent training classes. IN DALLAS TX. I need a Career change!

Hay, I was just wondering if you had any luck in finding a job as a leasing agent in dallas tx or surroundings? I'm asking because I just got a certificate in leasing agent about 3 weeks ago in Richardson Tx with a Staff agency, had to pay for a one day class and 2 day training in a real apartment office. I have to call them every single day Monday threw Friday and haven't had any luck.

Christian Breaux in Florida, Florida

1 month ago

To get job as an agent you need to be active with creative which would help you in solving any problem you face.

I think educational background is not so mandatory..

View link : www.greatinsurancejobs.com/

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.