The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about leasing consultant work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

bekurt in Glendale, Arizona

77 months ago

The one thing that keeps me jazzed about leasing apartments is the constant variety in the work day and the excitment of closing. I make a very cushy hourly rate but no commission so the excitement comes from sincere pride. What I dislike about the job is the dishonesty and lack of preparation of prospective tenants and current residents. The challenging part of the shop is being consistent while adjusting your approach for each individual since each person has unique needs. Also trying to maintain occupancy in the current buyer's market. There are a wealth of staffing companies who specialize in training and staffing out prospective tenants. A background in hospitality or reception is always helpful.
The job can't keep me for too long as I've decided to go back to my mechanical roots but so far it is the pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bekurt in Glendale, Arizona

77 months ago

"There are a wealth of staffing companies who specialize in training and staffing out prospective LEASING CONSULTANTS."

Sorry about all the typos and errors!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.