Getting a library assistant job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

How did you get your start doing library assistant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

raleisha horn in Phoenix, Arizona

76 months ago

i am just 14 and i want to help out in a libary i am in summer school i am going to high school and i am just realy looking forward to geting this job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

SoDa in Honolulu, Hawaii

74 months ago

When I was 14 I was a volunteer at the Public Library. I think paid positions will be unlikely because normally you have to be 16 to work for the Government. You can also get experience by working for credit in your school, I also did that. Just ask your public or school librarian about opportunities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ingred in East Jordan, Michigan

64 months ago

I started voulentering and then they needed people ot fill in when others are sich and they know i had an intrest in becoming a librarian so they hired me and work me when i am needed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ch55x in Johnson City, Tennessee

21 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing library assistant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

I had already gained a BA in studio art when I gained employment as an assistant at a university. The position only needed a diploma and I needed a job at the time. I've since gained additional education through the state and am looking for other opportunities. Prior to the job, I was a student worker at my high school library.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.