Shelver at a library

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

bigtree in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

Call the library and ask if they need any more shelvers, or as some libraries call them "pages". Usually libraries post any open positions on their website, but you never know. I would be forthcoming about the Asperger's, as libraries tend to be places that like to be inclusive and open in hiring. There is a woman with Asperger's at my work that is very good at her job. I'm sure you will be good at it too. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

FD in Riverview, Florida

20 months ago

they recently changed name "page" to "aide". I actually work as aide right now. I just applied on county's website when there was a posting and they called me for interview and then I got hired (after I cleared medical and background investigations). I love it actually but am getting a bit bored with it....thinking of going for library assistant. My library is not too busy so I was able to learn lots of other duties besides shelving (duties that library assistants do). I hear that in busy libraries all you do is shelve. I couldn't do that for 8 hours a day. It gets too boring. But I only get paid minimum wage. Some people can't afford to work for only that much. And there haven't been any raises in our county for 4 years. On the interview they mostly wanted to know if I can bend and kneel a lot etc, as well as lifting and pushing things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.