Obtaining the Licensed clinical social worker credental

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Jeff W in Olympia, Washington

60 months ago

Experienced Social workers I need your advice.
I am an older person who earned an ATA in business administration, A BTA in health and human development and multi cultural counseling, and a generalist MSW degree from UWT. I managed to gain one year experience as a CPS Social Worker III while working for DSHS. To make a long story short, I was successful working in this area but I found this job to be too stressful because there was limited management support and the focus was more on the legal environment rather than offering services and one on one counseling that would empower clients make positive changes in their lives. Social work is my passion and I find it an honor to help people achieve social justice and better their lives.
I discovered that while working with CPS that I enjoyed working with Clinical Social Workers that I came into professional contact with. They all reported to me that they had rewarding professional careers and they could truly help clients enact social justice and empower personal change. Many Clinical Social Workers reported that they basically had the same education back ground as myself. This is the kind of social work practice that I desperately want to become part of.
M question is this; I have been applying for Clinical Social Work positions for the last four months, without much success. I know that there is a major need for Clinical Social Workers with WA State, Social Worker Certification. (LICSW or LSW). Are there any organizations in WA State or else were that will help a new MSW obtain these credentials? I am willing to work for any ethical and reputable organization that will help me achieve my career goals. I am not looking for large salary but an opportunity to achieve my career objectives.
Thank you in advance for any constructive advice that you can offer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.