Can a male get a job as a LPN?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

juan in Candler, North Carolina

60 months ago

the story not being told is that male nurses are treated badly by female nurses!!!!! please email me @ MSHULER2008@YAHOO.COM and i will give you my phone ##. please stay away from nursing homes. i am married and this is my second career(been a lpn for 12 years and have to take boards for rn) but it has been my experience that man are treated badly!!!!! i would get out but i am getting sick of going back to school. i was raised by my mom (no father present) so i have the upmost respect for most women. there are a lot of man-haters in the nursing field. most female nurses are divorced and/or have relationship problems!!!! i think it is a control issue with them!!!!!we dont treat women differently in male dominated fields like engineering and computer related fields, in fact there are programs and grants that actually encourage women. sadly to say, that nursing will always be a female dominated field, so much for equal rights foe everyone!!!!! ps. nursing is tough enough without the backstabing and cattyness that women are known for!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kali, LPN in South Plainfield, New Jersey

60 months ago

juan in Candler, North Carolina said: the story not being told is that male nurses are treated badly by female nurses!!!!! please email me @ MSHULER2008@YAHOO.COM and i will give you my phone ##. please stay away from nursing homes. i am married and this is my second career(been a lpn for 12 years and have to take boards for rn) but it has been my experience that man are treated badly!!!!! i would get out but i am getting sick of going back to school. i was raised by my mom (no father present) so i have the upmost respect for most women. there are a lot of man-haters in the nursing field. most female nurses are divorced and/or have relationship problems!!!! i think it is a control issue with them!!!!!we dont treat women differently in male dominated fields like engineering and computer related fields, in fact there are programs and grants that actually encourage women. sadly to say, that nursing will always be a female dominated field, so much for equal rights foe everyone!!!!! ps. nursing is tough enough without the backstabing and cattyness that women are known for!!!!!

Wow, Juan I am amazed, this has been the first time I ever heard a man voice out concerns of being mistreated in the field. If you have been an LPN for 12 years...have you ever expressed your concerns with your human resources department? and where i am.....we welcome men but I guess, like any field..i depends on your facility and the ability to work as a team.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kali, LPN in South Plainfield, New Jersey

60 months ago

islandluc in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I'm a 22 year old man. I wanted to be a paramedic, but the hourly rate is extremely low. I was thinking about becoming a PRACTICAL NURSE. Will it be hard to get a job as Male LPN?

I encourage you to do it. The way this economy is..very rarely..nurses see the umemployment lines and if they do..with experience..they can line interviews up. Best regards...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

natnurse in Hampton, Georgia

59 months ago

islandluc in Pompano Beach, Florida said: I'm a 22 year old man. I wanted to be a paramedic, but the hourly rate is extremely low. I was thinking about becoming a PRACTICAL NURSE. Will it be hard to get a job as Male LPN?

Men sometimes make better nurses than women. Go for it. Signed Natalie LPN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ToddLPN in Kennesaw, Georgia

45 months ago

natnurse in Hampton, Georgia said: Men sometimes make better nurses than women. Go for it. Signed Natalie LPN

I agree, and I agree with Jaun. Go for nursing. You won't have any problems with work. Most places are looking for diversity, but beware of insecure women and nurses in general. They are miserable and perceive men and women with confidence as a threat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jo,SPN in Portland, Oregon

31 months ago

I am student LPN and am half way through my program. I am a single mom, and have workded hard, and have waited a long time to be able to go back to school to be a nurse. Now that I am in the program I am very disapointed by how some of my instructors, who are RN treats us students. Even on my clincal site we are treated badly by most of the Rn's. I went into this field because I love helping people, but I feel abused most of the time already in this industry. Everyone had to start somewhere, all Rn's had to be students at one time. Why do some of them feel the need to be mean and cruel to students or LPN'S in general? We are all human, noone is better then the next person because of more schooling and more credentials next to their name! I would rather die then let most of the ones I had the experience of knowing be in a position to take care of me or my loved ones! How sad! I worked for years as a housekeeper to put food in my kids' mouths, and believe me I was treated alot better as a housekeeper then I am as a SPN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.